The White Company- UK Website Reviews

Consumer ratings of The White Company- UK Website

Feedback for www.thewhitecompany.com has been compiled from 92742 Customer Reviews

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.thewhitecompany.com

My Best Friend Dungarees

Service rating : Delivery not quite as quick as expected but I believe there was a weekend in between
Product: This was a gift and very much appreciated by the recipient

Seychelles Diffuser

Service rating : Love the discount and free delivery codes mailed to me!
Product: Great item!

Racecar Motif Jumper (1-6yrs)

• London Stripe Pyjamas 2 Pack (1-6yrs)
  • London Bus Tank Top (1-6yrs)

Excellent as usual from the customer service department to the clothes!!

White Lavender Luxury Set

• Long Sleeve Jersey Shirt

Service rating : Fine
Product: Fine

Breton Colour Block Stripe T-shirt

Service rating : Quick & efficient as always.
Product: Super quality easy to wear as smart or casual.

Verveine Luxury Gift Set

• Verveine Hand & Nail Cream

Service rating : Order placed on Monday 5th stating 3 day delivery. Confirmation email received as expected but no mention of delay. Expected delivery day Thursday came & went still heard nothing. Still nothing Friday so I telephoned customer services Friday afternoon when they confirmed they knew about delay but hadn't bothered to advise me. She also claimed an email confirming despatch had been sent to me already on Friday 9th confirming despatch I received this confirmation at 21.15 hours after my call. My order was a birthday gift & had you kept me informed & dealt with my call in an honest way it would not have been so annoying.
Product: Purchased as a gift beautifully packaged and refreshing fragrance which my mum was delighted with although poor service & lengthy delivery meant it was late for her birthday.

Easy-Care Cotton Fitted Sheet

• 200TC Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet
  • Monmouth Stripe Fitted Sheet

Purchasing process was easy and communication thereafter good. But I have received far too many emails since and consequently unsubscribed.

Symons St. Diffuser

• Fine Fragrance Diffuser Tray
  • Fine Easel Frame 5x7"

Service rating : Na
Product: Long lasting smell

Lacquer Dressing Table Trays - Set of 3

• Lacquer Tissue Box Cover

Service rating : Staff always polite and extremly helpful.
Product: The look and the style.

Hooded Velour Robe

Asked for next day delivery and was not told clearly that the weekend was not included - in 2016 that is ridiculous when you compete against Amazon. So put me right off the white company

My Best Friend Dungarees

• Sparkle Spot Dress With Bodysuit
  • Swan Family Motif Jumper

Service rating : Easy to place the order and uses a great courier service.
Product: Great quality, perfect for crawling!

Autumn Diffuser

• Do Small Things Grey Heart Shopper

Service rating : Very good came in 5 days
Product: Nothing to change smells lovely looks great on my bookcase

Monmouth Stripe Duvet Cover

• Monmouth Oxford Pillowcase - Single

Service rating : I did not receive information that the goods were en route. On telephoning to enquire, I was given a long (but very courteous) spiel about an IT problem and advised that I might wait up to a week. In the event, the goods arrived pretty much on time.
Product: The goods arrived fairly promptly and appear to be satisfactory.

Lace Dress

• Eyelash Trim Linen Dress
  • Long Jersey Skirt

I placed my order on a Monday but the items weren't delivered until Saturday, too late for me to take with me on holiday!!

Cats Eye Sunglasses Black,One Size

Service rating : Always have good service
Product: Lovely fitting sunglasses

Star Dress & Leggings Set (1-6yrs)

Service rating : Easy website to order from. Prompt delivery and well packaged
Product: This was bought as a gift and, although I haven't seen a photo of the little girl wearing the set yet, the Mum is delighted with it.

European Down Pillow

• White Duck Feather and Down Duvet 13.5 Tog
  • 300TC Egyptian Cotton Housewife Pillowcase

Service rating : They are always very good, I never had a problem with their customer service.
Product: Soft, pleasant but it required a lot of airing to take out the strong odour.

Noir Large 3-Wick Candle

• Noir Scent Diffuser

They didn't inform me that there was a problem with their dispatch department . I only found out when I rang to see where me order was . It was eventually dispatched thanks to a very helpful man. Some days later I received an email apologising for the delay and that my order was being dispatched that day. When I eventually was able to speak to somebody they said it hadn't been dispatched and they would cancel it but low and behold another parcel arrived two days later which I refused to accept. When I wrote an email about all of this to The Whute Company I just got a preformed response. Extremely disappointed in the company and their handling of their problems.

Burlington Cable Cover Large Square

• Biarritz Duvet Cover
  • Super-Soft Ultra Wash Duvet

A huge amount of confusion due to "technical problems" warehouse etc. Order delayed and arrived after my guests gone home...!

Fur-lined Grosgrain Slippers

• Gift box

Service rating : The items were a gift. They didn't arrive. After many attempts to try and speak to TWC, I finally got through and they agreed to resend them. And they still haven't arrived.
Product: They haven't arrived

Avignon Duvet Cover

• Duck Feather Pad

Service rating : Easy to order. Delivery in 3 to 5 days by a reliable delivery service including Royal Mail. Important when you live in a rural area as we do. Some delivery companies struggle to find us!
Product: Pretty bed linen and good quality. Ideal for a guest bedroom.

Chunky back detail rib cardi

• Fresh Fig Hand & Nail Cream
  • HYDRO COTTON RIB B/TWL

Service rating : Money taken and no goods received. This company is a disaster
Product: Although £248 taken from my account 4 weeks ago no goods received

MEDIUM SILVER BASHFUL BUNNY

The products I purchased didn't arrive on time
Waiting on hold on customer care line for hours at a time.
No response from email sent after 2 weeks.
Promises of products arriving when again they didn't.
More wasted time waiting on hold.
Half the products arrive.
More chasing.
All arrive after 2 weeks and about 4 hours in total on the phone at my cost.
A week later, a duplicate order arrives at my cost!
More time on the phone and now I have to return that product in order to claim a refund!

Loft Pendant

Service rating : Good service
Product: Love the boots just what I wanted

Burton - Glass & Wood Pendant

Service rating : Submitted a query to customer service and they never answered me - not what I expected.
Product: Pendant is lovely but hard to hang and difficult to centre glass on the pendant.

Sleeveless Silk Blouse

• Ombre Print Silk Blouse

Service rating : Very good, as usual
Product: The size was too small... In comparison with other products I have from the brand of the same size

Brompton Boyfriend Jeans

Service rating : Easy on line purchase and prompt delivery.
Product: Beautiful fabric and colour but did not fit well so sadly returned.

Soft Cotton Scoop Neck T-Shirt

• Essential Cashmere Wrist Warmers
  • Wide Neck Top

Usually excellent.... But currently placed an order on sept 16 th for to take on my hols tomorrow..... Still awaiting delivery. It says awaiting dispatch I don't know what that means...when I tried to track it.... Order number 35664522.

Blanc Scent Diffuser

Service rating : I received an email informing me the product was ready for collection from the destination of my choice. But it wasn't, it was hundreds of miles away at the other end of the country. Took ages to get through to an operator, but it was sorted out once I did. My first experience of shopping with you. Not very good!
Product: A good product, but I was expecting it to be due to the cost

Seychelles Body Lotion

Service rating : Efficient, polite, courteous and personal. I felt valued.
Product: Lovely quality moisturiser, light but long-lasting, nice scent - I don't get Seychelles from it though! To me this should be coconut, sand, salt - these aren't prevelent here to me. I wish I was better able to identify notes I do get, but it just doesnt have that mix of exotic sun for me. It is still a lovely product though, next time I'm in London I'm totally allowing myself time to spend in one of these stores!

200TC Egyptian Cotton Housewife Pillowcase Set

• 200TC Egyptian Cotton Flat Sheet Set

Quick delivery and well packaged.

Winter Candle

Service rating : wel it was difficult to get any idea if or when i should get my candles,and some times it is hard to place a order because you don't recognize my account ,so i do get frustrated at times .But i do pursefier because i love the products .the tracking system did not help me at all .And it took nearly a week to receive ,what was a long time i taught ,because a did get a parcel from the states in1,5 day ! Now do i behave like a spoilt brat !! Greetings Anneke Boks
Product: love the candle

Autumn Diffuser

Service rating : Previously excellent delivery service but this time let down but poor communication on when and where parcel was ready for collection
Product: If sam as previous diffuser will be very happy

Detail Front Jersey Shirt

Service rating : Always first class
Product: Love the feel of the fabric but would have preferred a little more shaping at the waist ... But a great shirt for work.

Somerton Duvet Cover

• Somerton Fitted Sheet

I have never received these items. Have tried to phone at great expense from Capetown. Nobody answers. I have sent an e mail too asking for you to phone me. The items were returned to you and I don't know why. I have paid. I am left confused and unable to get answers. PLEASE COULD You Contact me and help me sort this out.

White Lavender Diffuser Refill

• White Lavender Body Lotion
  • Dome Tealight Holder - Small

Service rating : Prompt delivery as always
Product: Nice to be able to buy refills now

Essential Double Layer T-Shirt

Service rating : The 2 shirts arrived quickly and the one that didn't fit was refunded quickly. Great service.
Product: I used to get the essential long sleeved tee shirt in 100% cotton. I can't get them anymore,could you let me know if you do?

Verveine Hand & Nail Cream

Service rating : Had a coupon that offered discount plus free delivery but I used the email voucher you sent me instead....big mistake.....had to pay £5 for delivery!
Product: Very disappointed that the two hand creams I purchased as presents weren't in boxes like they are in store.

Lime & Bay Diffuser Refill

Service rating : I was disappointed in the telephone service I received as the phone was put down on me without me finishing the conversation and also when I rang back up the next person on the phone asked me security questions which the first Lady did not.
Product: I had a full refund on the product as it was late for a birthday present.

Noir Eau de Toilette - 30ml

Service rating : Fast
Product: Size and scent

Long Sleeve Tutu Dress

Service rating : Often use The White Company for my grandaughters clothes.Excellent service.
Product: This dress is beautiful,& wouldn't change anything.

Cashmere Bed Socks

"Express" shiping took 5 days for it to arrive, late for my sisters birthday

Mother Of Pearl Mini Hinged Box

Service rating : Very friendly and helpful when I phoned. Quick delivery. Beautifully packaged with care.
Product: Love this, quality item. Just the right size to put a bracelet in to make a perfect present for my Daughter in law's 30th birthday.

Santorini Oxford Pillowcase

• Adeline Duvet Cover
  • Adeline Oxford Pillowcase

Service rating : Totally efficient. Beautifully packed and arrived a few days after ordering.
Product: This a gift to a regular purchaser from The White Co.

Verveine Scent Diffuser

Service rating : Website easy and delivery very good
Product: Beautiful

Lime & Bay Diffuser

Delivery took to long, no communication to advise dispatch or tracking info, poor service for a high end company.

Leather Biker Jacket

Service rating : Service great as ever.
Product: Beautifully soft and well made... unfortunately did not fit me as I have a slim build with wide shoulders and to fit my shoulders meant the rest of the jacket was far too large.

Monkey Comforter

Postage with collect+ was all done wrong, wrong codes, wrong address etc.

Spiral Indy Cot Toy

Service rating : The order was duplicated.
Product: Not the quality I expect.

Colour Block Ribbed Scarf

• Essential Cashmere Hat

Service rating : Quick service, arrived when said it would.
Product: Lovely and soft, looked like picture, love the colours.

Chalk Pink Dot Print Cot Bed Linen Set

Service rating : Arrived when expected. Well packaged.
Product: The pillow case needs to be slightly bigger as I can't use it with any of our pillows. Pretty print and good quality cotton.

Hydrocotton Baby Robe

Quick delivery

Edge Stripe Sleeveless Cardigan

Very fast and efficient delivery

23-Sep-2016

Cashmere Rib Front Cardigan

Service rating : As usual
Product: Birthday present not yet given

Mustique Bath and Shower Gel

Service rating : When I returned the bottle of shower gel (see below) to the Edinburgh store, they were extremely helpful and a replacement arrived by Hermes courier within a few days. Service was terrific and I hope the new bottle of shower gel is as successful as all the others I've had in the past.
Product: I bought a bottle of Mystique bath and shower gel in the summer sale as it is, sadly, no longer available throughout the year. After using it for 2 or 3 weeks, I noticed that the clear gel turned a yellowish colour and no longer smelled of the fragrance. I presume that it was very old stock that had been sent out for the summer sale and some sort of chemical breakdown took place.

Carafe & Stacking Tumblers

Service rating : Easy website to use, prompt delivery
Product: Does what it says, but I wish you still made the carafe with the single glass that goes over the top of the carafe - it stops the dust etc. getting in which the stacking carafe doesn't do.

Biarritz Flat Sheet

Service rating : Service was fast and efficient
Product: The sheets are lovely fabric and I'm hoping they will last for years

Silver Stripe Sweatshirt

• Flowers Diffuser
  • Flowers Bath Foam Decanter

Service rating : White Company is the only online company that I buy from that does not offer free returns. Luckily there were none this time but could put me off in future.
Product: Attractive subtle stripe

23-Sep

Grand Prix Pyjamas (1-6yrs)

• Boys’ Stripe Pyjamas 2 pack (1-6yrs)
  • Wild West Jersey Pyjamas (1-6yrs)

Service rating : No info on item returned
Product: Wrong size sent- not yet replaced

Seychelles Bath & Body Gift Set

• White Lavender Bath & Body Gift Set
  • Verveine Bath & Body Gift Set

good prompt service

Flowers Hand Wash

Failed to meet promised delivery date. Customer services gave misleading information about when the item would be delivered.

Essential Long Sleeve T-Shirt

Service rating : When I returned my item, I wanted to xchange for a bigger size as I liked the T shirt but it was too small. This option was not available. I wrote on the return form in two places that I wanted an exchange but this was not acted on in any way. I am disappointed, as I wanted the T shirt but did not want the hassle of buying the item again in a larger size. Why do you not offer an exchange like other companies?
Product: Lovely item but too small. Had to return it, see above.

23-Sep

Max Check Flannel Pull-Ons (4-12yrs)

• Cowboy Moccasin Slipper
  • Henley T-Shirt (4-12yrs)

Service rating : Easy to order
Product: Very cool

Classic Down Topper

Service rating : First class delivery and packaging.
Product: This has been on my wish list for years but couldn't justify spending that sort of money on what is a luxury. I bit the bullet and very pleased I did...its my guilty pleasure.

Zip Detail Jersey Joggers

• Essential Double Layer T-Shirt

Service rating : Always excellent service
Product: Bought these specifically for a long haul flight - been looking for something comfortable yet stylish for years .... these will be perfect - beautiful fit and look classy

Detail Front Jersey Shirt

Overall, service from The White Company is fantastic, however, between the date I placed the order online and the date of receiving the shirt I found that the product was reduced by 30% online and in store. There was no indication on the website that a promotion of 30% reductions was about to take place otherwise I would have waited two days and saved a fair amount of money. It will make me wary of ordering again.

Lime & Bay Signature Candle

Service rating : Lovely scented candle
Product: I like the offers , would love to try others

Brushed Back Lounge Trousers

• Seychelles Home Spray

Service rating : Always can rely on TWC service and packaging etc.
Product: My second pair of lovely soft comfortable lounge trousers. I am a 5' 2" and a size 12-14 and size 12 is a perfect fit. Smart enough to wear outside , pop to do an errand etc.

Verveine Bath & Body Gift Set

• Gift box

Service rating : Normally your staff are excellent and bend over backwards to help BUT when problems with the website or Black Friday, the people I contacted were out of their depth, but not their fault. Problems sorted eventually to my complete satisfaction.
Product: Sent for a gift and have not had feed-back yet.

Blurred Herringbone Coat

Service rating : For some reason I had several problems with this order, however I am still giving a good rating due to the quality and responsiveness of the customer service personnel I spoke to.
Product: Lovely quality coat - although not right for me. I returned this item because (as someone who is petite in height) the coat was not the right shape for me and was not very flattering.

Wide Neck Top

Service rating : As below
Product: The packaging was more than was required

Classic Convertible Bunk Bed

• Cheshire Hypnos Mattress

Service rating : I would expect the white company to assemble the bunk bed once it had been delivered, even ikea gives you the option to pay for that extra service.
Product: I am missing 2 screws, emailed customer services 3 days ago and still waiting to hear back.

Cat Motif Stripe Jumper

• Striped Knit Hoodie

Service rating : No problems
Product: Good quality

Classic Double Border Hand Towel

• Classic Double Border Bath Sheet

Unfortunately, when typing in the order 4 Sept., I put 8 in the address when it should have been 9. The original delivery was then returned to the White Company. That's when the problem began. I contacted customer services to arrange redelivery to the correct address. This was actioned but again sent to No. 8. !!!
This parcel was again returned. The order was eventually delivered 21 Sept.
In addition, I spent a total of 45 minutes on 4 separate calls from France before Customer Services answered.

Longline Sheepskin Gilet

Service rating : Helpful customer service
Product: Disappointed with quality and fit. Returned.

Turn Up Trouser

Service rating : I was in the Cabot Circus, Bristol shop and reeived beyond the call of duty service from 2 lady staff in particular - they were both a credit to your company
Product: Extremely comfortable adn well designed trousers made of a very high quality fabric

Western Jeans Boots

Service rating : Very easy no hassle purchase.
Product: Love them.

Cashmere Swing Jumper

Service rating : Sent incorrect item. By the time a return label arrived the item had sold out. Had to travel many miles to a shop to eventually buy it. Unhelpful on the telephone and had to e mail to actually get the returns label sent.
Product: Bought as a gift.

Unisex White Classic Robe

Service rating : Fast
Product: Love the smell

Herringbone Pyjamas With Bag

• Jersey Piped Pyjamas Set

Had to ring from France as website not working properly. Order taken promptly and efficiently.

Wild Mint Signature Candle

• Wild Mint Diffuser
  • Wild Sage Hand Wash

The website wouldn't let me use PayPal i emailed customer services to inform them

Loose Racer Back Top

• 2016 Little White Dated Bear
  • Ultimate Dip Dye Paddle Board

Service rating : Good service and kept me up to date
Product: As described

Aysmmetric Hem Jumper

Service rating : Quick delivery nicely packed
Product: Nice an soft fits well

22-Sep

Junior London Stripe Pyjamas 2 Pack (6-12yrs)

Unable to resolve our query. Poor communication. My wife's account is still unusable. As frequent customers , thus has been pretty poor and very frustrating.

Isabella Floral Flannel Pyjamas

• Star Flannel Sleepsuit
  • Sleepsuit Stocking Gift Set

champion

Blossom Pyjamas

• Blossom Frill Sleepsuit
  • Embroidered Blossom Sleepsuit & Hat Set

Very very good service from ordering to delivery will shop with them again well done

Bear Ears Baby Robe

• Mustique Bath & Shower Gel
  • Fresh Fig Hand Wash

Service rating : i have only placed 2 orders with White Company- the first, the item was out of stock but no one bothered to tell me. i only found out when i called to inquire where it was a month later. the second, half the order arrived. Again i called to enquire and was told, they "forgot" and would send out now
Product: not arrived - it was only when i called to inquire where it was a month later that they told me they forgot to send it and would send out

Flowers Body Lotion

I had a problem with the website but when I phoned the order was dealt with extremely efficiently

Bathroom Ladder Shelf

• Bathroom Towel Rail
  • Newcombe Ceramic Rectangular Container

Service rating : I ordered 5 small items & 2 items of furniture at 19.45 on a Sunday evening as I was going away Monday for 3 days so thought they'd prob arrive Thursday when I was back. The 5 smaller items arrived at 8.30 next day! Super quick! Will defo use again, ideal for any last minute gifts you need in a rush. The 2 larger items were with a neighbour when I got back on Wednesday. Amazing service.
Product: Lovely item, seen loads cheaper but this looks top quality, very happy

London Marching Band Pyjamas

Cashmere V-Neck Curved Hem Jumper

• Notch Neck Hoodie

Friendly helpful Customer Service

Mixed Lace Nightie

Service rating : Arrived on time, perfectly packaged.
Product: Beautiful garment, so comfortable and feminine. Thank you

Luxury Quilted Mattress Protectors

Service rating : Speedy delivery .
Product: Excellent quality product. Just what I was looking for.

Lancaster Duvet Cover

Service rating : I have never received the product.
Product: I would like to ask for a refund as the product has never reached my house.