The White Company- UK Website Reviews

Consumer ratings of The White Company- UK Website

Feedback for www.thewhitecompany.com has been compiled from 89906 Customer Reviews

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.thewhitecompany.com

Linen Full Needle Jumper Granite Wool,14

Service rating : Good service, pleasant helpful call handling
Product: Yes, ther was an even further reduction after I bought it, so am a bit miffed!

Boys Hooded Bear Towel

• Star Motif Tank Top
  • Oxford Shirt

Service rating : Very quick and easy to purchase from
Product: Great quality compared to other places

White Linen Pocket Dress White, 12

Service rating : Very friendly and helpful
Product: Lovely, just too small

Classic Leather Superga

Service rating : I am really disappointed with this purchase as I've been charged for another product than what I received. I have complained in writing and have not received a response within the time frame they promise to reply. Next I will contact my credit card provider to dispute the charges made.
Product: I have no problems with the actual product. I

Easy-Care Cotton Flat Sheet

• Luxury Quilted Cotton Cot Bed Pillow Protector

still waiting for delivery of last order

Biarritz Oxford Pillowcase

Service rating : The goods arrived when they were expected.
Product: The pillowcases are of the usual good quality.

Star Embroidered T-Shirt

• Star Print Dungarees
  • Star Print Jacket

Service rating : fab service
Product: i have not seen as sent direct as a present

Biarritz Oxford Pillowcase

• Biarritz Duvet Cover

Well packaged and delivered on time

Cashmere Storage Bag - Set of 2

Service rating : Arrived very promptly and with good but not excessive packaging.
Product: The storage bags seem to work very particularly in keeping moths out of cashmere clothing. Can't think of any aspects to make them better - they work so well.

Service rating : Delivery was very quick
Product: Happy with the quality

Biarritz Duvet Cover

• Blast Off Baby Pyjamas
  • Easy-Care Cotton Housewife Pillowcase

Service rating : Fast delivery well packaged
Product: Really good quality nice thick cotton

Oxford Shirt

• Spaceship Baby Pyjamas
  • Blast Off Baby Pyjamas

Was probably the worst online shopping experience ever sadly. The internet page had severe technical difficulties, sending my order to the wrong address and defaulting to prior addresses, system slow and packaging options not functioning online. Had to call as soon as the order email confirmation came in to notify them of the errors and avoid the order turning up elsewhere - in short took 2 weeks to resolve and had to re-order everything (so paid twice and now waiting for refund which takes up to 10 days). Hugely time consuming, several calls to resolve and still waiting for closure (and final items) in the 3rd week. Have always been a loyal shopper and regular spender at TWC but put me off considerably sadly.

Memory Hollow Fibre Pillows

Website was a nightmare to use - neither the shop nor I at home could get it to work properly and I wasn't given the 10% extra discount advertised. When I complained they said they would take it off a future order - not good enough! They should have refunded the discount off what I had bought - and considered giving me something extra for all my inconvenience! Very poor experience would resist shopping here again.

Avignon Flat Sheet

I ordered online and had a 10% discount card as sent by you which i could use against sale items. The website accepted this but did not delete the 10%. I then had to call your call centre to order this and again the same thing happened. The lady said she would sort this out and i would only be debited the correct figure. This did not happen and again another i had to call up to get this sorted out via a refund. I was advised you had a new computer system which was causing problems, and to be fair i order a fair amount of good from you and have never had this experience.

Flowers Signature Candle

• **NO DESCRIPTION**

Service rating : Easy to use website and efficient delivery.
Product: It was a gift and the recipient was delighted with it.

Somerton Oxford Pillowcase

• Somerton Duvet Cover
  • 200TC Egyptian Cotton Deep Fitted Sheet

Delivery was correct and on time

Flowers Miniature Bath & Body Set

Service rating : Accessible web site and speedy delivery.
Product: A gift - it looks inviting.

Genoa Housewife Pillowcase

• Genoa Flat Sheet
  • Easy-Care Cotton Fitted Sheet

Service rating : Very helpful and quick results
Product: We bought the Genoa collection for some years now and carry on buying different colours. We like the look and the comfort.

Chunky Patch Pocket Cardigan

• Long Pocket Cardigan
  • Utility Shirt Dress

Very fast shipping

Scallop Edge Lace Trim Nightie Whisper Pink, XL

Service rating : Store staff most helpful and professional.
Re. delivery. I was kept informed about parcel tracking although it did take several days to get here.
Product: Comfortable, soft fabric, practical design for sleeping. I was so pleased with it I bought a second nightie for myself and two of my friends bought one each.

Mustique Signature Candle

Service rating : Order despatched quickly and arrived in good order.
Product: Lovely candle, perfect for summer!

• Standard Zip-Closure Pillow Protectors - 2pk

Service rating : Great service but horrified about ridiculous amount of plastic and synthetic packaging. Over the top, totally unnecessary and bad for the environment.
Product: I would like to have been aware that the pillows are made in China before buying.

Shadow Diamond Pendant

Service rating : Always very helpful at customer services and in the Brighton a Store. Cannot fault.
Product: Brought this necklace for my mum who has difficulty with clasps. This is amazing, you extend to how long you want it with a clever ball attachment. It's also very beautiful.

Alibaba Round Basket - Small

• White Lavender Sleep Set

However, when it arrived, product had been thrown into box, no care, it was unwrapped and order incomplete.

Genoa Housewife Pillowcase

• Genoa Duvet Cover
  • Genoa Flat Sheet

The discount code didn't work on the website - so I wasted a bit of time there, but when I phoned up my order was quickly found and the code was applied.
I would have given 'excellent' if the website had worked!

Oxford Shirt

• Contrast Stripe Cardigan
  • Spaceship Baby Pyjamas

Service rating : Good service, love shopping here!
Product: Looks lovely! I have brought it for my son to wear in a few months... so can't say anymore!

Mustique Signature Candle

• White Hyacinth Candle

The items were packed well and received within a couple of days.

Seychelles Mini Home Scenting Set

Problems with the system so my order didn't go through but payment came out several times. The first time I called to report this issue I was promised a call back. This call didn't come. I called again the next night. Everything was sorted and my order was processed. I had been ordering a gift so I was disappointed no effort was made to send my gift sooner.

Glow In The Dark Rocket Pyjamas

Great products and a prompt service

Memory Hollow Fibre Pillows

Service rating : Good communication good packaging fast delivery
Product: These pillows give you good support & do return to shape when not in use. So far so good lets hope they last!

Fine Wood Photo Frame 4x6''

• Fresh Fig Hand & Nail Cream
  • Fresh Fig Hand Wash

Service rating : I ordered by 3pm on a Friday and requested and paid for next day Saturday delivery only to then find that the package was delivered an entire week late on the following Saturday. It was a gift so this wasn't ideal.
Product: The product is lovely from what feedback I had from
My friend who received it

Pimlico Duvet Cover

• Pimlico Oxford Pillowcase
  • Medium Silver Bashful Bunny

Service rating : Delivery was fine.
Product: I am very disappointed. I paid over £400.00 for a duvet cover and 6 pillow cases. The duvet cover fabric is paper thin. I can see the duvet labels through it and have to use plain white duvet cover under neath the newly purchased WC new ones. I have washed it once and stains do not remove at wash. I can't iron out the creases despite having a £200.00 steam iron.

Flowers Diffuser

I was very confused once I'd placed my order as there was no confirmation that I had placed the order- i.e thankyou for placing your order, an order number or tracking advice plus there was no email confirmation. I was left wondering whether the order had actually gone through.

Marble Pastry Board

• Marble Rolling Pin
  • Hamilton Collection - Grey

ORDER WAS RETURNED TO SENDER BY COURIER I STILL HAVENT RECEIVED IT..
VAT WAS NOT DEDUCTED. THIS HAPPENS FAR TOO OFTEN.
I HAVE CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICES TOO MANY TIMES AND ITS STILL NOT RESOLVED.
MY ACCOUNT WAS SEEMINGLY CANCELEED FOR NO REASON, I SET UP A NEW ONE AND THEN ASKED FOR ALL OF THE DETAILS TO BE MERGED. I WAS TOLD THEY HAVE BEEN MERGED AND YET THEY HAVENT.
AT LEAST HALF OF THE TIME I TRY TO CHECK OUT, I CANT BECAUSE THE SYSTEM FREEZES ME OUT.

... SEAT PAD S/4

Service rating : Great that I could shop in store but get it sent home for free.
Product: Bought the sae ones last year. beautiful!

Brompton Boyfriend Jeans

Service rating : Prompt delivery, excellent products
Product: Lovely soft fabric, comfy fit and looks great

Pirates Dress-Up Set

Service rating : Prompt delivery
Product: Good for dressing up, but expensive for what it is.

Mustique Hand Wash

• Fresh Fig Hand Wash

The box that my goods arrived in was extremely damaged have taken photo if required really disappointing as usually fantastic service

White Lavender Bath Foam Decanter

Service rating : Easy to use website.
Product: Bought as a gift, looks lovely in the glass bottle. Expensive for what it is but I bought with a discount code so it worked out ok.

Ride On Car

Service rating : fast shipping, good communication
Product: Very good product, good quality

Lille Oxford Pillowcase

• Lille Duvet Cover
  • 200TC Egyptian Cotton Housewife Pillowcase

Very quick delivery, and the driver was very obliging, carrying in a large box for me.

Pirates Housewife Pillowcase

• Pirates Single Duvet Cover
  • Message In A Bottle Cushion Cover

Quick delivery

Satin-Edged Cellular Blanket

Service rating : Very quick delivery
Product: Love it !

200TC Egyptian Cotton Deep Fitted Sheet

Service rating : I always buy from The White Company, they are prompt with delivery and I am assured of the quality of their product.
Product: Just the job.

Classic Double Border Hand Towel

• Classic Double Border Bath Sheet

Service rating : Good website, excellent communications and delivery time. The towels came beautifully packaged.
Product: Lovely thick towel perfect size.

Pendant Necklace

Service rating : Having to spend at least an hour or more waiting for telephone calls to be answered about mistakes that were made by the White Co..Logged a complaint but have had no reply...
Product: Full price very expensive ..

Portofino Beach Towel

• Mondello Beach Towel
  • White Lavender Pillow Mist

Service rating : Fast delivery.
Product: Great towel - good size and soft

Linen Jersey Vest

Service rating : Fast delivery, brilliant packaging
Product: Great quality, I have the navy aswell, got in sale so even better value

Twenty One Multiwick Candle

Service rating : Fast delivery
Product: Nice material

Sleeveless Boiled Wool Cardigan

I really like the products, but I do get annoyed when I purchase an expensive item at full price, and the next day I get a 15% discount voucher!

Seychelles Luxury Gift Set

Service rating : I ordered this as a gift for my sister a week before her birthday. It was not delivered at all and when I telephoned the White Company they said they knew there had been a problem with the courier but failed to let me know. A replacement was sent out and I was given a £10 gift voucher as a gesture of goodwill. I am a loyal customer and would expect better service than this
Product: Not relevent

Seychelles Diffuser

Easy to order. Prompt delivery

Jersey Pyjama Set

• Detailed Cotton Pyjama Shorts

Service rating : I reserved pj top over the phone to match pj shorts already bought inline. Only one keft. Assured several times it would be put aside in my name. When I arrived to collect it had not been.
Product: Too clingy

Textured Open Front Cardigan

• Heart Napkin Ties - Set of 6

Service rating : Very prompt as usual
Product: Lovely cardi, more brown than grey though

Mini Star Baby Blanket

Service rating : Telephone contact is very poor. Just kept waiting and waiting with no clear information about how long wait time is or where I was in a queue wasted so much time.
Product: I found the material hard.

Flowers Body Lotion

Service rating : The chosen courier was terrible. I was advised twice of an upcoming delivery with an interim message that it was left through my letter box only to realise from my neighbour that it had been delivered to them the day before. I had time to contact customer service at the White's and this part went fine to be fair but the choice of courier doesn't reflect well on the overall 'service' experience.
Product: I love this product.

Star Print Flannel Pyjama Shirt

Really good product.

Essentials Sleepsuit

• Essentials Bodysuit
  • Essentials Hat

Excellent!

Classic Double Border Bath Towel

Still not received product after waiting for delivery which was late,no courier serials to change,wait for it to be return,numerous phone calls waiting for more than 30 on line,a change of address and still no arrival and then suddenly a refund I did not ask for,still awaiting my redirection as advised.

Bloomsbury Watering Can

Luxury Quilted Pillow Protectors

• Luxury Quilted Mattress Protectors
  • Madeleine Duvet Cover Set

Service rating : Easy to order plus quick delivery
Product: I have washed these before use as advised on the label.

Super-Soft Ultra Wash Pillow

Service rating : Good delivery
Product: Good quality for the price

Classic Short Robe

• Hooded Velour Robe

Service rating : Love the deals!
Product: Love the items!

Textured Bunny Booties

• Bella Bunny Chime Toy
  • Bear Hydrocotton Hooded Towel

Service rating : Good service overall from the White Company but I have had to reduce my rating due to problems experienced with the website when placing the order. The website kept crashing. Eventually when I did place the order it went through 5 times.
Product: So cute.

Nieve Large Bath Mats

Service rating : Always happy to refund or exchange if something isn't quite right. Always very professional and polite on the phone.
Product: Very absorbent and they look attractive. I'm v happy with the bath rugs.

Silk Piped Nightshirt

Easy to order on line, excellent service

Stripe Woven Trim Henley Top

• Frill Trim Cropped Jersey Pull-Ons
  • Lace Trim Stripe Pull Ons

Service rating : Great delivery time, only comment regarding order was that for extra small items, they were extremely long, I.e cropped pyjama bottoms were at least 6" too long for a 5' person.
Product: Small fitting, needs to be returned for larger size, even though I am a size 6.

Etienne Bedspread

Service rating : Ordered late on Friday and parcel arrived early Monday morning. Could not have been better.
Product: It is exactly what I wanted and looks very nice on the bed. I had had trouble finding a bedspread large enough for a s/king, but this does the job properly.

600TC Egyptian Cotton Flat Sheet

I think the White Company service and products are excellent but I recently had a bad experience with Hermes. No attempt was made to deliver and the parcel was returned to you. This is clearly a result of Hermes' poor treatment of their "freelance" delivery staff. There are roadworks and diversions in my town and the delivery driver must have felt that he/she had no time to negotiate this problem, so just took the parcel back to the depot.

Carrington Quilt

• Carrington Cushion Cover
  • Duck Feather Pad

Service rating : I wish to return some items but I am an international customer . The website is unclear and I cannot find any info regarding this process. I wrote an email Two days ago and am still awaiting a response.
Product: Poor quality materials and workmanship. Looks cheap. Not white co usual quality. I wish to return this item.

Pimlico Oxford Pillowcase

• Pimlico Duvet Cover
  • Pimlico Fitted Sheet

Your delivery company was a nightmare and our packages came with he box completely ripped open. Luckily the products were in plastic. I called to reschedule the delivery and the company forgot and I sat at home on my Saturday waiting for them for 6 hours!!! And then had to have an argument with them when they forgot the change in delivery date. They even started yelling at me on the phone and was so rude that my husband had to get involved. I would be interested in buying more stuff from you guys but do not even want to deal with horrific delivery people.

I can see that you have chosen to order our gorgeous Pimlico bed linen, and I hope that you love it just as much as we do. I am really keen to speak with you about the delivery of your order, and I have sent you an email with some further info. I hope that we hear from you again soon. Thanks,

Stripe Knot Hat

• Star Flannel Sleepsuit
  • Kimbo Comforter

They took payment 4 times - because the order never confirmed.

Thank you for your feedback, and I am really pleased that you have been able to speak with our customer services team regarding the payment your order, and they were able to help you. I can see that your order has now left us, and your lovely Kimbo Comforter should be safely home with you. Thanks,

Silk Lace Nightie

Service rating : Happy with the service.
Product: Love it! Simply beautiful. Sits well on my figure. Great size and design. Great for hot summer nights. Quality product!

200TC Egyptian Cotton Deep Fitted Sheet

• Luxury Quilted Mattress Protectors

easy to use web site and speedy delivery of goods

Classic Linen Shirt White, 12

Service rating : very helpful, but bought shirt by mail order
Product: linen not good enough quality

Star Footed Leggings

• Star Print Dungarees
  • Saturn Motif Hoodie

Service rating : Speedy delivery and well packaged.
Product: Soft fabric, nicely long for our tall boy.

Fay Sleepsuit

Service rating : Arrived promptly and lovely item
Product: Very pretty. Good quality

• Biarritz Oxford Pillowcase

Service rating : I paid for next day delivery as I needed extra pillows for weekend visitors and they arrived 3 days later. I emailed a complaint and had no answer and so phoned customer services and waited 15 minutes for an operator which would have been unnecessary if my email had been acknowledged.
Product: Product as we expected very comfortable

I've been looking into your order, and I can see that you have been in touch with Tyler from our friendly customer services team. I understand that she was able to help resolve this for you, and I really hope that we will hear from you again soon. Thanks,

Broidery Lace Hem Dress

The product never arrived. I ordered it over 2 weeks ago.

I've been looking into your order, and I am keen to update you. I have sent you an email with some further information, and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks,

Curve Waist Stretch Crepe Dress

Service rating : Fabulous! Always pleasant, willing to help and put things right if necessary
Product: Would look good on someone else, but not for me I'm afraid. Good quality dress but it was quite snug from waist up (on me) - if you're slim from the waist upwards it would probably look good

Star Print Jacket

• Confetti Star Sleepsuit
  • Star Print Pyjamas (1-5yrs)

Service rating : Very quick and takes paypal
Product: The design and price

Tailored Linen Shorts

Service rating : On the day I ordered the website was unpredictable and it was difficult to place an order
Product: After I had managed to place the order, I was sent the wrong size.

I really appreciate you staying with us to place your order, especially when we were experiencing some technical difficulties. I can see that you have ordered our gorgeous Linen Shorts, but they have arrived in the incorrect size. I've sent you an email, and hopefully we will be able to get the shorts to you in time for the summer. Thanks,

Linen Boxy Knitted Top

Service rating : Very quick delivery
Product: Excellent product

Spaceship Baby Pyjamas

Service rating : Fast service.
Product: Feels like great quality. And very cute design.

Slouchy V-Neck Jumper

• Soft Metallic Jersey Tank Top

Service rating : Always arrives in good time and packaged well.
Product: Lovely feel and material good quality

Corsica Bath Mats - White/Black

Service rating : Great
Product: Looks great

200TC Egyptian Cotton Duvet Cover

• 200TC Egyptian Cotton Housewife Pillowcase
  • 200TC Egyptian Cotton Deep Fitted Sheet

Service rating : Prompt and efficient.
Product: Extremely satisfied.

Adeline Duvet Cover

Service rating : Fast delivery
Product: Looks and feels wonderful

Framed Blackboard

• Lacquer Dressing Table Trays - Set of 3

Service rating : simple, fast, delivered by express service next day, Saturday
Product: Provide string or wire for hanging, it needs 1 hook to centralise

23-Jul-2016
Easy to use, quick to checkout, minimal fuss, great for blokes!

Artisan Round Sharing Plate

• Luxury Light Terry Towel
  • Hanging Kubu Basket

Service rating : Online website crashed many times whilst trying to purchase. This happened on a number of occasions. Therefore discount advertised was not applied and was not able to use gift vouchers I had. When emailing customer services the suggestion was for me to call up and cancel order and re- order. Called up and was told I should not of been told this and kind of got told of. Was told the order was processed. The order came and I received another email saying a courier has been arranged to pick the order back up for me to call up and re-order so I will therefore be able to use vouchers and discount. Wow so very green of The White COmpany!! Why this refund could not of been applied and re-ordered over the phone without sending out sending back then sending out again!! What a waste of energy, cost, time. They tried their best to accommodate my purchase so I could get the discount and use my vouchers, but the suggestions and how it was done and the total time it took up from me has completely put me off spending my money here again. Trying to be around for a delivery when you work full time can be tricky so having to be around three times was impossible for me. I took the very first order, wrote of the discount that should of been applied and gave my vouchers to a friend. As I just won't bother buying from The White Company again. Shame as I am a great fan of all their products. Oh and the courier turned up to re-pick the parcel up?? The White Company went to all this cost and trouble? If it was me I would of offered the customer some other form, such as a voucher or part refund. Keep your customers happy and value them - they will always come back. Waste their time and don't come up with quick thinking sensible solutions, show no care for the environment, your going to loose customers.
Product: I bought these in the sale for a fantastic price. I have bought four to match the rest of my dinnerware. I have used them as plate chargers. They look fantastic on my table and had many compliments.

I am really keen to help resolve this for you, as I certainly do not want to leave you feeling this way. I've been looking into your experience, and I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service that we are usually so proud to offer. I have sent you an email and together I hope that we will be able to restore your faith in us. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks,

Pomegranate Scent Diffuser

Service rating : Good
Product: Excellent

Mayfair Oxford Pillowcase

• Mayfair Duvet Cover
  • 600TC Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet

but difficult to apply discount code on line. Telephonist very helpful.

Brompton Indigo Indigo, 14

Service rating : The retail side of the business should have details off online purchases as both are often used by the consumer and on line returns are often made to a store. Link up all parts of the business so that customer can get better service at the till point.
Product: Way too much elastane content-jeans fail to keep their shape on first wearing and are deeply unflattering.

Egyptian Cotton Hand Towel

• Super Jumbo

I had trouble placing the order, the website would not accept discount codes. I placed the order and immediately set an email to customer services explaining the problem. By the time they replied they told me that they could not apply the discount as the items had 'shipped'. I can have the £18 discount next time. Not sure there will be a next time .... not the way I expected to be treated by The White Company.

I would love to help you with your order, and I'm pleased to say that I have found a solution for you. I've personally sent you an email, and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks,

200TC Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet

• 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Superking
  • Marble Pastry Board

Great quality and service. Purchased in the sale which is always good news.

Unisex Waffle Terry Robe

Service rating : Prompt delivery. Good quality bathrobe.
Product: Sleeves a bit short for a man.

Pindot Shirt Dress Navy, 14

• Pindot Shirt Dress Navy, 16

Service rating : Your personnel at the Norwich shop were wonderful. They helped me to find articles that they thought might suit me, bringing the articles into me while I was trying on clothing that we had selected together. All help was given with speed without me feeling I was being rushed.
Product: Too small

Silk Curved Hem Cami

Service rating : Though the item was the wrong colour TWICE, customer service ( organising returns and ultimately, the refund) was excellent, doing the job properly and politely. Incidentally, the second delivery was left outside our address for two days, NOT handed to the person named on the email as he and I were in Kent!!
Product: Garment was seen on the website in the shade of GREY I was looking for so I purchased online. Unfortunately, somehow during the delivery process it turned a light shade of BEIGE? We were informed that a physical check would be instituted so as to ensure that we would shortly receive the correct colour. Sorry, BEIGE again (probably the same garment) people really can't be asked can they?

I'm so pleased that you were happy with the service that you received from our customer services team, although I am surprised to find that you received the wrong colour twice and had trouble with your delivery. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that your feedback has not gone unnoticed, and we have let both our Distribution Team and our Couriers know that your experience was not a perfect one. I really appreciate you leaving your feedback, and I hope that we hear from you again soon. Thanks,

22-Jul

Pressed Disc Silver Necklace

Service rating : Used click and collect. Quick and efficient.
Product: Bought the matching earrings, love them.

22-Jul

London Toy Bus

• Glass Tea-Iere 1000ml
  • Colourblock Knitted Jacket (1-5yrs)

Service rating : Excellent