Great Western Microsystems Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of Great Western Microsystems Ltd

Feedback for www.thedebugstore.com has been compiled from 142 Customer Reviews

• 13/05/2010
  • The Debug Store specialises in selling embedded systems development tools and electronic test equipment to electronic and software design engineers including: Automation Controllers and Interfaces, Development and Controller Boards, Rugged Carrying Cases, Emulators (In-Circuit and EPROM), Host Adapters (I2C, LIN, SPI, GPIB etc), PC Development Tools, Laboratory and Production Tools, Programmers (Gang, EPROM, Flash, In-Circuit etc), Protocol Analysers, Embedded Software Development Tools and Libraries and a wide range of electronic test equipment (Meters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Logic Analysers, Microscopes etc)

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.thedebugstore.com
25-Sep-2013

ISP-ADP-Intel-A Cable for Intel Motherboard

Service rating : .wrfe
Product: Product arrived quickly.

19-Sep-2013

DSO-8060 Dual-channel 60MHz Portable Oscilloscope, Multimeter and Waveform Generator

Service rating : Easy buying experience. Fast delivery. Well packed. Excellent communication. Difficult to see how they could improve on this!
Product: On the basis of mere few hours of use it's an impressive piece of kit for the price. Lots of nice touch's. I especially like the fact the multimeter and oscilloscope can used simultaneously (you get a little inset with the multimeter reading within the oscilloscope). I also like the ability to record a waveform on the scope and then play it back through the signal generator although I've not tried it yet.
The 'scope and multimeter leads supplied are good quality and the carry case is nicely generous so you easily pack everything without it being a krypton factor test!
If there is criticism it's setting frequency and amplitude settings is a tiny bit cumbersome (encoder wheel/knob would be great) but now I'm nit-picking.

19-Sep-2013

DSO-5200A USB Oscilloscope

• HT201 20:1 Attenuator for Hantek Oscilloscopes
  • T3100 100MHz Oscilloscope Probe x100, 2000V

Service rating : First time purchase and was very impressed with the service
Product: The oscilloscope is great , unfortunately the software is very resource hungry and not as intuitive as say that bundled with picoscope. The fft feature however is very very useful.

13-Sep-2013

x4 PCIe to 4-Way Splitter (INT)

Service rating : Fast and uncomplicated
Product: First tests are promising, still under evaluation

29-Aug-2013

x1 to x16 PCI Express Riser

Service rating : Prompt, accurate service, with helpful support over the phone. Parts got to Australia in 4 days, which helped keep our project on track.
Product: Still building up the frankensystem.

22-Aug-2013

TC2050-IDC TAG Connect 10-way Plug-In Programmer Cable

Service rating : It has not arrived yet but appreciated his information petición.de wait a bit
Product: Wait a bit

21-Aug-2013

TC2050-IDC-NL TAG Connect 10-way Push-On Programmer Cable

• TC2050-CLIP Fixing clip for TC2050 Non-Locking Cables
  • TC2050-IDC to ARM 20-pin Adapter

Everything fine.

14-Aug-2013

iOS Test WiFi Spectrum Analyser

Service rating : Fast response, no problems.
Product: It is very good at what it does showing wifi spectrum intererence from all sources (e.g. video senders and microwave ovens as well as other wifi networks). However, it could do with the addition of wifi network identification and SSID display for actual wifi networks as in, say, inSSIDer.

Many thanks for the feedback.

As a result, Oscium are now looking at ways of implementing network identification. This is a challenge because of restrictions with the iOS interface.

14-Aug-2013

USBee-SX USB Multifunction Instrument

Service rating : Phoned up and asked for clarification on difference between items. Response promised that afternoon but never received.
Item was shipped promptly on ordering, however.
Product: Hardware works as described. Software crashes occasionally.

I apologise for not getting back to you. This was a simple oversight. A simple reminder would have solved it. We are all human!

07-Aug-2013

TC2050-IDC TAG Connect 10-way Plug-In Programmer Cable

Service rating : Web site easy to use, delivery as promised
Product: Product as stated on the tin.

31-Jul-2013

TC2030-CTX-NL TAG Connect Push-On Cable for ARM Cortex

Everything runs ok

TC2050-IDC-NL-430 TAG Connect 10-way Push-On Programmer Cable for TI MSP-FET430

• TC2050-CLIP Fixing clip for TC2050 Non-Locking Cables

Although products and service in general are good, the delivery is extremely long (even for using standard mail) and there's very few information about the process.

26-Jul-2013
I meant to rate as Good rather than Poor, the comment still apply though. Sorry for the inconveniences

26-Jul-2013
I understand, and agree that the value is great, as it's free, but besides the travel time itself, the whole process since the purchase until the sending & delivery has been quite long and with few information.
I've been buying for years from international web sites, some with good/great delivery prices like yours and others quite expensive; and, at the same time some with great delivery times and others with poor ones. From my experience the delivery price is not always related to the delivery time.
The purpose of my comment is just to highlight an improvement area for moving from "good" to "excellent".

We offer free shipping, which is really good value as you are located in Spain. We do send orders with free shipping by Airmail, which unfortunately we do not have any control over. Tracking airmail packages too expensive for the "free shipping" option, which is why we do not provide it for low value orders.

We will look at providing a lower cost shipping option for international shipments which will include tracking.

Thank you for your feedback.

29-Jun-2013

x1 to x16 PCI Express Riser

Service rating : Very fast, same day international shipping.
Product: Does the job beautifully!

26-Jun-2013

TC2050-IDC TAG Connect 10-way Plug-In Programmer Cable

Sometimes hard to find the product on the website -- seems to be a lot of link clicking to get to the "purchase" stage. Otherwise good service and friendly communication.

Thank you for the feedback Roger.
You are right. We are in the process of changing ECommerce platform and the new site should be ready in the next month or so.

14-Jun-2013

ModPRO MP61 Cordless 6W Soldering Iron

Package delivered to wrong address and no reply to repeated emails. Luckily someone at that address was able to send it on and royal mail were happy to forward the parcel for no additional cost.

14-Jun-2013
Thank you for the rapid refund once it did come to your attention. Annoying the emails didn't get through to you, might be worth chasing up your email provider on that - emails were sent both as a reply to the order shipment and to sales@... and indeed both at once..

This is the first time I have heard of this problem. I am sorry but I have not received any emails from you. We offer freephone telephone number which you could have used.

I am sorry for the mis delivery. I can that we shipped to your Invoice address by mistake.

I hope you appreciate the free solder which I sent you with the iron?

I will process a refund for your whole order. Please keep the soldering iron and solder with our compliments.

23-May-2013

Uprog-ICP In-Circuit Programmer

Quick delivery. Will use again.

23-May-2013

LAP-C(16128) Logic Cube Logic/Protocol Analyser, 16-channel, 200MHz, 128Kbit/ch

Service rating : The product was delivered speedily.
I made a minor error in one item I ordered but the problem was resolved efficiently by e-mail. I would not hestitate to use the company again.
Product: I have not had time to use all the features of the equipment thoroughly, but so far it lives up to my expectations.

22-May-2013

Aardvark? I2C/SPI Interface

very good , but could not do amex on web, had to telephone

Not sure what went wrong here. Customers are paying online with AMEX without any difficulty. I am sorry you had a problem - thank you for calling with your details so we could process your card offline.

John Legghttp://www.feefo.com/ feefo/viewfeedback.jsp?i d=7492506&vendorid=101805#
25-Apr-2013

Flexible PCI Express 3-Way Splitter (ATX)

Service rating : Good and fast delivery, no problems whatsoever
Product: Works like a charm, as expected from it.

19-Apr-2013