Great American Days Reviews

Consumer ratings of Great American Days

Feedback for www.greatamericandays.com has been compiled from 488 Customer Reviews

• Mar-23-2011
  • At Great American Days, we take America's big dreams and turn them into incredibly great gifts - from stockcar racing to balloon rides, spa days to rafting

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.greatamericandays.com
Jul-27

12 Lap Stock Car Experience, Pike's Peak International Raceway

Service rating : Great company, although the original date was cancelled and had to be re-scheduled. We wanted to stay local, so we waited.
Product: This was a Birthday gift for my husband, and he had a blast!

Jul-20

Exotic Car Drive, Indianapolis

Service rating : Just wish there was more of an opportunity to go faster.
Product: Just wish there was an opportunity to go faster.

Jul-20

Exotic Car Drive, Indianapolis

Service rating : run very efficiently
Product: for what it costs the track should be longer

Jul-19

Service rating : Can't wait to do it again
Product: Awesome. Friendly staff. I will do it agsin��

Jul-09-2015

10 Lap Stock Car Experience, Meridian Speedway

Service rating : My experience was a gift from my wife. She was not made aware upon purchase of gift certificate that it would end up costing me money once i got there (primarily insurance).
Product: My understanding was that I would be racing in race like conditions with other cars - that did not happen. Visors on helmets were very scratched up and dirty. Very difficult to here coach while driving.

Jul-06-2015

Service rating : Great experience
Product: My husband had a great time even in the pouring rain. Only complaint was that the helmets were very stinky!

Thanks!

Jul-06-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Washington DC

The "mandatory insurance" should be mentioned up front with the cost, so that you know how much you will be paying. I bought this as a gift and the recipient was more than surprised that at his gift, he needed to shell out a minimum of 50 dollars more.

Jul-05-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Washington DC

Service rating : I didn't deal really with Great American Daysas it was a gift, so I don't know.
Product: I didn't like that I had to buy damage protection. It was an added expense I wasn't planning on and I was gifted the experience. For as much as it costs for so few laps, their insurance should cover damages.

Jul-05-2015

24 Lap Stock Car Experience, Pike's Peak International Raceway

Service rating : I was happy to be able to find and schedule such an event, but I found setting it up to be a bit cumbersome and confusing, then even though I scheduled the event (2 24 lap drives - one for husband, one for son) months in advance, my event was 'canceled' due to 'racetrack scheduling'. Called the number given for the new day of the race (before driving 90 miles to the track) but msg said offices closed. Selected option '2' for raceday info but info was for last weekend, not this, so some better info and coordination for the price would be my suggestion.
Product: It was a gift for my husband and son - 24 laps each, and I think they had a really fun time. Felt that safety seemed to be a priority and fairly well managed (although no one remembered to have my son put on his helmet chin strap....).

Jun-29-2015

1 Run Dragster Ride Along, Maple Grove Raceway

Service rating : Was happy to see that the ride was rescheduled, so far good customer relation
Product: Do to poor weather my origanal date was rescheduled August 30th 2015

Jun-26-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Chicago

Service rating : Very helpful staff
Product: Has a good experience driving the Lambo but would have been excellent if the Ferrari had been working

Jun-26-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Hartford

Service rating : STAFF WAS GREAT!!
Product: WAS A FUN DAY ONCE I GOT TO DRIVE BUT WHILE WAITING THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO. I WAS EXPECTING MUSIC MAYBE A DRINK CART, SOMETHING BUT ALL THERE WAS, WAS A GROUP OF PEOPLE STANDING AROUND WAITING THEIR TURN. FOR ME, MORE OF A "PARTY" ATMOSPHERE WAS WHAT I WAS HOPING TO SEE. BUT LIKE I SAID DRIVING THE CAR WAS GREAT AND THE STAFF WAS FREINDLY JUST SEEMED LIKE THE DAY WAS JUST THROWN TOGETHER QUICKLY WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT BEHIND IT.

Jun-21-2015

8 Lap Stock Car Experience, Pike's Peak International Raceway

I had a horrible experience with Great American Days. I booked a race car drive for my husband's 50th birthday. I payed for it 3 months in advance and got an email a month before the event that the track was not available that day. Why didn't someone from you organization check to see if the track was available before you took my money and said that it was available. I had his whole birthday planned around my event with you company and it was ruined because of your lack of checking to make sure the dates were available before you put it on your website. I will not recommend your company to anyone, and I will glad tell anyone who asks me about you how you ruined by husband's birthday.

Jun-20-2015

3 Lap Exotic Car Drive, Pittsburgh International Race Complex

Service rating : It was easy to set up and schedule my event
Product: That was wicked awesome!

Jun-08-2015

Ferrari 4 Lap Drive, Detroit

Service rating : Very good communication, but maybe not so good at considering the time of participants with bad weather conditions. We arrived 45 minutes early, drove through downpours to get there, but when we called your team seemed unaware that there were weather issues. The weather hit Gorsse Isle and we waited a long time to drive.
Product: Wet conditions hampered the drive. Good directions before the dirve, over directed during the drive.

Jun-07-2015

12 Lap Stock Car Experience, Iowa Speedway

Very good to work with

May-23-2015

Scenic Dinner Cruise, Newport Beach

Service rating : Great American Days staff was very nice and efficient.
Product: We were on John Wayne's yacht, Wild Goose, and loved it. Great food, great atmosphere, great people. Would definitely do it again.

May-23-2015

Tandem Skydive, New Jersey

The direct price of the experience is way less expensive than what is quoted on the GreatAmericanDays website. Also, booking an experience two weeks in advance, is ridiculous. Simple tours in a city should be available for booking immediately like other coupon websites like groupon etc.

May-16-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Met Life Stadium

Service rating : Great customer service and competitive prices.
Product: Everything was great except the drive was about 2 minutes. Needs to be at least 5 minutes in order to get a feel for the vehicles response.

May-14-2015

Indy Car Introduction Experience, Charlotte Motor Speedway

Service rating : It was super easy to set my appointment and the rep was very helpful.
Product: One of best days I've ever had. My entire family had a blast at the track.

May-13-2015

Twilight Sail Tall Ship Experience

Service rating : Easy to choose online & booked with a phone call
Product: Excellent evening with lovely views both in daylight & darkness. Very friendly crew & a different experience watching the sails being hoisted which we were invited to help with.

May-09-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Long Island

Service rating : This was the best present ever. Thanks to all who helped make this possible.
Product: This was perfect location for us. and we want to drive again

May-08-2015

3 Lap Exotic Car Drive Gold Package, Atlanta Motorsports Park

Service rating : Such a great company that does a great job at letting people drive their dream cars.
Product: The instructors were really nice and the cars were a dream to see in person.

May-08-2015

Private Balloon Flight For Two, Dallas

Service rating : Hi.
We had an awesome time. I remember that you took some pictures. Could you please send a couple to us? thanks Anke & Michael Homburger
Product: Hi.

May-07-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Met Life Stadium

Service rating : Its a little disorganized. The website has events and dates that aren't actually available. Extra fees are required at the event that aren't fully explained on the website. Otherwise the process was relatively simple with quick responses to questions.
Product: The experience was fun, but the instructors seem to not expect you to drive enthusiastically... but safely. I was required to frequently stop on track while waiting for multiple other cars on trap to slowly make their way. If you are going to offer a experience in a 400+ hp car, it should be designed more effectively.