Today everyone from your neighbour’s grandma to your brother’s dog has a social media account, and with over 2.7 billion active global users per month, Facebook is the biggest social network of them all. The platform has come a long way from Mr Zuckerberg’s Ivy League college student directory. Today people across the world use Facebook to keep in touch with their family and friends, share special memories, attend events, stay up-to-date with the news and promote their businesses.
Let’s look at how you can use your Facebook business page to collect feedback, capture customer reviews and make it a part of your marketing strategy by deciding to add reviews to your Facebook page.
Why adding a Facebook reviews business page is important
Facebook has a substantial reach and the potential to influence, making it a very important marketing tool for any business today. Even companies and small businesses that do not have a big presence online choose to set up a Facebook page for their business as a means of displaying their contact information, business details and product reviews.
Facebook reviews ensure that your business can be found on the internet, provide customers with a platform to share their opinions and feedback and equip you with representation on a well-known and authoritative platform. Customers are already comfortable using social media to share opinions with their network. Sliding into that comfort zone as a business gives you that extra edge you need to establish a positive relationship and intimate connection with customers as they converse with strangers and friends alike on the platform.
Whether you get positive or negative reviews, people will know that they are genuine and trustworthy when they see them on a platform they trust. Your business is authenticated and it provides you with an opportunity to respond to customer reviews directly on a public forum.
Facebook reviews matter. Here are 3 ways you can add reviews to your business’ Facebook page.
1. Use Facebook’s own review solution
Enabling a reviews section to your Facebook business page is relatively simple. It showcases the star rating, number of reviews and comments from customers along with your business listing. Facebook changes its layouts and features all the time, so if you can’t see a business's reviews on the main feed, you may have to click on the ‘More’ tab under their name to view it.
Set up Facebook reviews for your business using these simple steps.
1. Start by creating a Facebook page for your business if you don’t already have one. Ensure that you include plenty of details and information about your services, how to reach you and what you do. Add pictures and other media to make your page appealing and that showcase your products and services in the best possible way.
2. Now that you have a page, Go to the ‘Page Settings’ option at the top and click ‘Edit Page’.
3. Click on ‘Templates and Tabs’ in the left menu. You can turn the ‘Reviews’ tab on or off.
4. Done! Now you can start collecting reviews.
Encourage customers to leave feedback on your Facebook page by asking them about their experience, telling them to share their memories and advice and what they would recommend about you to others. If you have a physical address, ask customers to check-in to your location and leave a review with a star rating. You can also provide free wifi access on the spot once they check-in to your Facebook page. Ask them in a friendly manner without being too pushy.
Keeping your Facebook page updated is key to becoming memorable, relevant and noteworthy. Customers are more likely to engage with a business or brand that is taking part in conversations themselves. Building up the hype around your business will make your Facebook a ‘desirable’ location to check-in to on social media.
Facebook reviews can be turned on and off whenever you like. We would recommend that you keep them on at all times, even if you are getting a series of negative reviews. It gives you a chance to do damage control publicly and find ways to improve what is lacking. You can also communicate with customers where they are to show them that you care about their opinions and feedback. Enabling reviews on your Facebook page also boosts your SERP rankings, by giving you more visibility when relevant searches are conducted.
Which brings us to our second point.
2. Post Google reviews
It’s no surprise to us that Google is the number one search engine in the world. In fact, more than 92% of the world’s search engine market share belongs to Google making it integral to your marketing strategy and customer reviews plan. Integrating your Google reviews with your business’ Facebook page will improve your ranking on the search engine and make you more relevant in the eyes of your customer.
The first thing you need is a Google My Business account. This is very important to gain visibility on search engines and establish your authenticity across the web. Google’s business tools enable you to incorporate maps, social media, contact information, your website and of course, customer reviews all in one place. Encourage customers to leave reviews on your Google page by reminding them to share their feedback and recommendations.
Take a proactive approach in teaching your customers how to leave a Google review and why it is important. Many people today are happy to support local businesses and want to spread positivity among their community and network and would like to give their opinions and recommendations to others. They just need to be shown how. The best way is by explicitly giving them the link to your Google Reviews and asking them to add their own.
Share your Google reviews URL on your Facebook page by:
a. Manually copying the link and posting it on your Facebook business page. Facebook will display a preview of the Google review along with a star rating, and you can add a caption thanking the customer for their feedback and encourage others to do the same.
b. Embed external reviews, from Google and other platforms like Feefo, into your Facebook page (We will dig deeper into this in the next point). Or use a widget to incorporate social media reviews onto your website. There are plenty of tools available on the web now to do this easily and makes it convenient to have all your reviews on one platform and page.
Let’s look more closely at how Feefo does this.
3. Integrate Feefo reviews with Facebook
Feefo ensures to collect verified reviews for your business across the web and provides you with the option to collate all reviews for easy access and display. Here are some ways you can use Feefo to add reviews to your Facebook page and use social media reviews across your platforms seamlessly.
- Use the Facebook widget to integrate Feefo reviews into your Facebook business page. It is pretty straightforward to incorporate and requires a minimum of 2,000 Facebook fans to get started. Once you login to the Feefo Hub, you can choose to add a Feefo Reviews Tab to your Facebook page and display how many reviews you want. There are also additional functions like Media Panel, Replies and Attributes you can add to make your reviews tab look more visually appealing.
- Share individual reviews to your social media accounts. If you want to push reviews one by one to your social media pages, simply connect your accounts to the Feefo hub, customise each post and share.
- Incorporate Feefo reviews to your Facebook advertising. You can easily add Feefo star rating to your business’s Facebook Dynamic Ads to give users more insight into the ads they will see. The dynamic view keeps your reviews up-to-date at all times and at real-time and you can display product ratings, number of reviews and star ratings at the same time. A bonus feature is that you can even retarget Facebook’s ads to reach those customers who have previously left you a positive review or even just visited your page.
Add your customer reviews to your Facebook business page
In today’s fast-paced digital age full of customers with shorter attention spans and more competition for your business, customer loyalty and retention should mean everything for your business. Customers who experience a positive experience with you will feel compelled to share their opinion with others and come back to you in the future. Facebook reviews provide the perfect opportunity to establish a relationship with your brand, communicate directly with you and engage with your social media activity.
Use any of these methods to add reviews to your Facebook page and engage with your customers with ease. Take all feedback on board and respond quickly to show them that you care. Treat your customers professionally and with respect and they are bound to react favourably by leaving you positive Facebook reviews. Whatever method you choose, incorporating reviews with your Facebook pages increases engagement and conversions, so this is an element your business needs to get started on right away.