Have you managed a team successfully and worked with off-shore developers?
Then we want to hear from you!
Feefo is an award-winning customer reviews and insights company, powered by innovative technology and smart, hardworking people. Our mission is to make every experience exceptional, everywhere, and that starts with helping businesses listen to their customers through feedback and reviews.
We believe in transparency – Feefo is different from other review platforms because we only collect verified feedback from people who have actually used a business. This means consumers can trust they’re basing their purchases on genuine feedback, and businesses can make important decisions based on the real opinions of their customers.
The Engineering team work in close partnership with Product and UX to continuously innovate Feefo’s market leading platform. In your role as one of two Engineering Managers you will lead a sub section of the team with a specific focus across the wider team on the advocacy of user centric software engineering practices backed by your domain expertise and passion for front-end web technologies. You will also:
- Maintain a technical roadmap which future proofs the front-end application, providing justification and seeking approval from the senior management team as appropriate
- Develop knowledge of Feefo, the Feefo products and the organisation’s strategy and vision to be able to actively respond to business needs
- Lead a team of software engineers to build solutions in accordance with the SDLC
- Foster technical excellence in an agile development culture
- Take ownership of all work developed by members of your team
- An understanding of a11y best practices and a drive to build applications that are inclusive for a wide variety of users
- Development on highly-scalable, highly-available applications with large datasets
- Source version control, ideally Git
- Experience leading, supervising or managing a team of front-end developers
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan/Private Healthcare
- Fully remote working if required
- 25 days holiday, rising with service
- Additional x2 days holiday for volunteering (charity work)
- Professional development - access to LinkedIn Learning and much more
- Eyecare vouchers
- Pension scheme