Location: Petersfield, Hampshire / Remote
Feefo’s reviews platform runs entirely on cutting edge cloud based infrastructure and services. You will work as part of a small team responsible for ensuring that infrastructure is performant, scalable, secure and resilient, while identifying areas for improvement, proposing approaches to implementing those improvements and the impact of those changes.
Your day-to-day work will be a mixture of interrupt driven work, providing advice and assistance to the product teams, identifying, diagnosing and resolving issues within the Feefo cloud platform as well as working on longer-term projects to improve the Feefo cloud infrastructure. The technologies you will be responsible for include IP networking and associated concepts (e.g. load-balancing, routing), Linux-based virtual machines, Kubernetes cluster and microservices, monitoring and alerting solutions, SQL and NoSQL databases.
You will report to Cloud Infrastructure Manager but will be expected to work closely with other departments within Feefo, particularly the product teams consisting of product managers and software developers who implement new functionality to the Feefo application
- On-going support of the existing cloud based infrastructure
- Participate in the design and build of a complex cloud based infrastructure running a high-volume SaaS platform, including load balancers, networking, firewalls, Linux virtual machines, cloud scaling databases and associated technologies
- Identify, develop and implement tooling solutions to automate common tasks
- Work alongside the Feefo’s scrum teams to participate in the planning of work within an agile development environment
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems in our live and QA environments
- Work with developers to test, debug and troubleshoot application issues and problems
- Working with product teams to ensure services are appropriately configured for production release considering predicted load volumes, scalability, redundancy and security requirements
- Prioritise and deliver recommendations and improvements in response to incidents
- Any other project or task as business needs require.
- A degree in a technology related discipline, or previous equivalent commercial experience.
- Fundamental knowledge and practical experience of working with networking technologies, Linux based operating systems and database technologies
- A good understanding of concepts related to cloud platforms
- Proven ability to form effective working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to explain technical issues to other technical disciplines and non-technical people
- Demonstrates good planning and organisational skills to prioritise deadlines and cope with fluctuations in workload
- A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates an ability to develop, implement and improve processes
- Accepting that this role may need periods of working out of hours to address critical issues or other work that is unable to be scheduled during normal working hours.
- Private Healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday
- Additional paid x2 days holiday for volunteering (charity work)
- Onsite exercise classes
- Eyecare vouchers
- Pension scheme
We prefer incredible talent to enquire about roles directly – because of this, we do not accept candidates through agencies.