Do you have some team leader experience within a Software Engineering environment?
Do you want to work for a rapidly expanding business that is going from strength to strength?
Then Feefo wants to hear from you!
Feefo is passionate about reviews; review insights help brands improve their service and products, and help consumers make informed decisions. Every day Feefo collects thousands of reviews for thousands of brands; this demands that our software is highly performant, scalable and resilient.
Feefo has a talented and collaborative engineering team that builds and maintains our software, using agile methodologies to create innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
We're looking for a Chapter Lead Engineer to be responsible for a team of skilled engineers working within an agile squad.
Chapters and Chapter Lead Engineers are essential for the efficient and effective operation of the Engineering Division. Chapter Lead Engineers support their team's personal development; facilitating sharing of knowledge, experience and coding best practices to support quality.
• You will work as a software engineer within an agile squad, leading by example in adhering to the team’s agile methodologies and development principles, translating requirements into performant and scalable solutions, always striving for continuous improvement. We expect about 80% of your time will be apportioned to this aspect of your role.
• Participate in translating the Product Manager’s desired business outcomes into actionable requirements and solutions.
• Software maintenance and support, improvements and bug fixes, will always be necessary for a large complex system.
• Work with the Software Engineering Manager and other Chapter Lead Engineers to lead continuous improvement through research and adoption of new technologies, tools and processes to use within the development team (aka the Coding Guild).
• Unit testing is essential, as well as technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers.
• A DevOps mentality is required: Close collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure Team support software CI/CD, configuration management and monitoring.
• You will lead and mentor your team of software engineers in adhering to team coding standards, best practices and conventions to foster an engineering culture of autonomy, innovation and quality solutions.
• Support squad and cohesion through regular team meetings. Encourage team members to share knowledge and lessons learnt.
• Support the career progression and personal development of software engineers in your Chapter. Maintain a software engineer skills matrix for each engineer to facilitate the process.
• Foster technical excellence in an agile development culture.
• Take ownership of all work developed by members of your team.
• Inspire and motivate team members.
• Be knowledgeable about each member of your Chapter, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
• You should ideally have experience as a Development Team Lead, Development Project Lead, or similar.
• 2-3 years of commercial experience in either or both of the following, or the ambition and determination to master the other proficiency:
Server-side – Rest APIs and object-orientated language, preferably Java 8 or higher. Working with databases, both relational/SQL and No-SQL. Spring development. Micro-services – docker, Kubernetes.
• Experience of working with co-located and remote developers.
• Experience working with Agile development design principles
• Source version control, ideally Git.
• Development using industry-standard best practices.
• Test-driven development experience.
• Working knowledge of Continuous Integration solutions and best practice branching strategies.