Feefo is passionate about reviews; review insights help brands improve their service and products, and helps consumer make informed decisions. Every day Feefo collects thousands of reviews for thousands of brands; this demands that our software is highly performant, scalable and resilient.
Feefo has a talented and collaborative engineering team that builds and maintains our software, using agile methodologies to create innovative solutions using latest technologies.
A Chapter Lead Engineer is a technology specialist, responsible for a small team of skilled engineers working within an agile squad.
Chapters and Chapter Lead Engineers are essential for the efficient and effective operation of the Engineering Division. Chapter Lead Engineers support their team's personal development; facilitating sharing of knowledge, experience and coding best practices to support quality.
- You will work as a software engineer within an agile squad, leading by example in adhering to the team’s agile methodologies and development principles, translating requirements into performant and scalable solutions, always striving for continuous improvement. We expect about 80% of your time will be apportioned to this aspect of your role.
- Participate in translating the Product Manager’s desired business outcomes into actionable requirements and solutions.
- Software maintenance and support, improvements and bug fixes, will always be necessary in a large complex system.
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and owner of application component areas.[DJ1] Responsible for maintaining code quality, security, performance and maintainability through development and DevOps principles and best practices.
- Work with the Software Engineering Manager [DJ2] and other Chapter Lead Engineers to lead continuous improvement through research and adoption of new technologies, tools and processes to use within the development team (aka the Coding Guild).
- Unit testing is essential, as well as technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers.
- A DevOps mentality is required: Close collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure Team support software CI/CD, configuration management and monitoring.
- You will lead and mentor your team of software engineers in adhering with team coding standards, best practices and conventions to foster an engineering culture of autonomy, innovation and quality solutions.
- Support squad and cohesion through regular team meetings. Encourage team members to share knowledge and lessons learnt.
- Support the career progression and personal development software engineers in your Chapter. Maintain a software engineer skills matrix for each engineer to facilitate the process.
- Foster technical excellence in an agile development culture.
- Take ownership of all work developed by members of your team.
- Inspire and motivate team members.
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your Chapter, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or demonstrable equivalent career experience.
- At least four years of commercial software engineering experience in either or both of the following, or the ambition and determination to master the other proficiency:
- server side – Rest APIs and object orientated language, preferably Java 8 or higher.
- Experience of working with co-located and remote developers.
- Experience of Agile development design principles.
- Source version control, ideally Git.
- Development using industry standard best practices.
- Test driven development experience.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration solutions and best practice branching strategies.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.