Yapp Brothers Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of Yapp Brothers Ltd

Feedback for www.yapp.co.uk has been compiled from 1110 Customer Reviews

• 27/01/2012
  • Founded in 1969, Yapp Brothers Wine Merchants is widely recognized as the UK’s leading importer of French regional wines. The company has held the Rhône Specialist Merchant of the Year Award for the past two years and is recommended as one of the ‘Top Ten Wine Shops in the UK’ by The Times. Our agencies include world-famous domaines such as Jean-Louis Chave, Georges Vernay, Patrick Jasmin, Auguste Clape, Alain Graillot, Le Vieux Donjon, Trévallon and Jasper Hill. From its premises in Mere, Wiltshire, Yapp Brothers runs a shop, mailorder and internet operation, as well as supplying many of the best restaurants in the UK (encompassing over 50 Michelin stars).

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.yapp.co.uk

Delicious Demies Mixed Case Offer

Service rating : Amazingly prompt, and free, delivery of orders.
Product: All good wines, if rather pricey.

Sancerre: Domaine Andre Vatan Les Perriers 2012

• Collines Rhodaniennes: Le Pied de Samson 2012
  • Monbazillac: Domaine de l'Ancienne Cure 2010

Impressively speedy. Good wine.I'll order again.

Service rating : Swift, reliable: perfect
Product: They're sitting in the cellar for a while

Wines of the Month Mixed Case Offer

Service rating : All my orders have been delivered within an acceptable time and all messages have instructions have been implemented
Product: The recipients of my presents have been very happy with the quality as have I

Press Pack Mixed Case Offer

Ordering through their website was easy and the next day delivery was prompt. Altogether and easy and enjoyable process.

08-Apr

efficient; a bit expensive

Menetou Salon: Domaine Jean Teiller Blanc 2012

• Gigondas: Domaine Saint Gayan 2010
  • Lirac: Domaine Maby La Fermade Rouge 2012

Service rating : Good, missing from the list some good wines from Beaujolais (Fleurie, Morgon)
Product: M. Teliller was charming when we called in and the wines, like most from Menetou Salon, were very good - why we started buying from Yapp Bros

• Vin de Pays de Vaucluse: Le Petit Caboche 2012

Service rating : I just like them
Product: Not yet tried it. This website however is extremely annoying. How can i comment if I have not yet tried it.

Thank you for your comments as we really appreciate feedback which can help us improve. If you have a minute we would be grateful if you could let us know how we could improve our website; please email us at websales@yapp.co.uk.

Many thanks, Yapp Brothers.

Saint-Joseph: Alain Graillot 2011

• Rasteau Côtes du Rhône Villages: Saint Gayan 2010

Great service as always

Muscadet de Sèvre et Maine Sur Lie: Domaine de la Mortaine 2012

• Saumur Rouge 2011

Service rating : Excellent service and good range of wines which are different to what one might buy elsewhere.
Product: One of the best I have tasted and I have tasted many! I usually have a few in the 'cellar' aka the shed

Very glad to hear you enjoy our Muscadet as much as we do, it will certainly make great drinking over the coming summer months!

Many thanks, Yapp Brothers.

Bin End Six Pack Offer Case

always good; just wish i were richer (and a lot younger); always admire the catalogues - Quentin Blake, above all. And this season, Col. Baxter ! And all the photographic editions.reminding me of holidays in France when I was still mobile.
So - thank you, freres Yapp.

Saint-Joseph: Domaine Jean-Louis Chave 2011

Service rating : The delivery service is excellent. I was kept up to date with emails/text on the status of my delivery and the bottles have both been packaged really well.
I have had no direct contact with anyone at the company, but I have had no need to. The orders were faultless.
Product: I'm sure they'll be lovely when the time comes.

Bin End Six Pack Offer Case

Service rating : I have always found service to be first class. Although not a frequent customer, I find their prices on the high side, I have bought from them for over thirty years.
Product: I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the wines although I wish I had read the e-mail which said that the selection had been altered.

Bin End Six Pack Offer Case

Service rating : Great service and advice on pairing with food
Product: excellent quality and value

Saumur Rouge 2010

• Côtes du Rhône: Domaine Saint Gayan 2011

Service rating : Good website, brilliant catalogue, focused range.
Product: This is the wine that brings me back to Yapp.

Côtes de Gascogne: Domaine Millet Merlot 2012

• Côtes de Gascogne: Domaine Millet Cabernet Franc / Merlot 2012

Excellent.

Kingston Black Apple Aperitif

Service rating : Ordering was straightforward and our delivery arrived the next day as promised - beautifully packaged
Product: As a family we are great fans of Pineau de Charante, having been introduced to it by a French friend who comes from the Cognac region. Kingston Black Apple Aperitif is an excellant, British, alternative. we intend to buy more!!

Rhodaniennes Syrah: De Mirebaudie 2012

Service rating : order taken and wine delivered as required
Product: wine was in good condition and as expected

Rip Roaring Reds Mixed Case Offer

Service rating : Nice firm ... disappointing wine ...
Product: Ordered the rip roaring reds and wondered ... when consuming them ... if I hadn't been led up the garden path. The feeling I was left with was that Yapps had put a group of mediochre wines in one offer to get rid of them all at once. I was exceedingly disappointed. Cardboardy - bland - and expensive we're the words I would use to describe this experience. A Chateau de Caraguilhes from Waitrose (purchased recently) was streets ahead and not so pricey. I like reds from the South of France but the rip roaring reds offer was a very undesirable damp squib I am afraid. I will be much more cautious in future.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the Rip-roaring reds case. Such things are subjective, of course, but I think all four wines represent great value, they regularly feature on my own kitchen table and receive independent endorsement from journalists (in this case The Wine Advocate’s Jeb Dunnock on the Côtes du Rhône and Henry Jeffreys on the Bordeaux Supérieur). If you would like to return any unopened bottles to us, we will happily exchange them for something else. Just give us a call to arrange that.
We certainly don’t sell any wines that we consider mediocre, and wouldn’t have lasted long in this business if we did!

Kind regards, Jason Yapp.

Quincy: Jerome de la Chaise 2013

• Bin End Six Pack Offer Case
  • Lirac: Domaine Maby La Fermade Rouge 2012

Inspirational catalogue, impressive service, swift delivery, fine products.

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! If we can help with anything further or if you have any questions about your wine please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, Yapp Brothers.

Jasper Hill: Georgia's Paddock Shiraz 2010

• Jasper Hill: La Pleiade Shiraz 2010

Service rating : Excellent and quick handling of my order and safe and fast delivery.
Product: Extraordinary wine.

Champagne: Dumangin Fils. Cuvée 17

• Bordeaux Superieur: Château d'Abzac 2010
  • Saint Péray: Nature 2011

Usual superb service

Bin End Six Pack Offer Case

Service rating : Really good quality wines and excellent service.
Product: We haven't drunk all of them yet, but the ones we have tried so far have been really good, thank you.

02-Apr

Pic Saint-Loup: Mas Bruguière l'Arbouse 2012

• Côtes de Gascogne: Domaine Millet Merlot 2012
  • Costières de Nimes: Château Roubaud Rouge 2010

always good and charming

02-Apr

Bin End Six Pack Offer Case

I have been purchasing from Yapp Brothers for over 30 years and I have never had a problem with their service or the wines bought.