The Family Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Family Adventure Company

Feedback for www.familyadventurecompany.co.uk has been compiled from 428 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • The Family Adventure Company takes more families on adventure holidays each year than any other adventure tour operator, and offer a wide range of trips to suit different ages and interests, including dedicated adventures for teens and their families, solo parent departures and exciting wildlife, activity or cultural adventures.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.familyadventurecompany.co.uk

Botswana Teenage Safari

Service rating : Of particular note would be Kalahari skies Safari company which who looked after us for the first week. Excellent service.
Product: The Okavango and Kalahari game reserve were excellent

Croatian Active Family Holiday

Service rating : Total mispresentation of trip/accomodation. Intending to take legal action against them.
Product: 70% of trip in van. Hotel offered depressing environment and would defiantely fail any health and safety inspection.

Costa Rica Family Holiday

Service rating : Slight niggles over flight timings and the amount of checking of details and printing of information I had to do, plus conflicting information from the company about hotels, but overall a very positive experience.
Product: Very enjoyable trip. Not too much travelling around. Trip itinerary not perfect but the guides and driver from costa Rica Trails were brilliant and so we're our fellow family adventurers, who made the holiday so memorable and so much fun.

28-Aug

Thailand Family Holiday

Service rating : Very well organised, everything was as in the itinary apart from local changes.
Product: Really great tour guide, organised & knowledgable, caring & easy to follow!
All hotels were good & we had interconnecting rooms each time which was very comforting.
Great itinary.
Think that additional day or two on beach at end would make perfect.
Would highly recommend.

27-Aug

Botswana Teenage Safari

Service rating : Trip itself was okay. But the admin side of the business is very poor and there is a complete lack of attention to detail from the staff. I will certain be looking at different companies and other options next time.
Product: Trip itself was okay. But the admin side of the business is very poor and there is a complete lack of attention to detail from the staff. I will certain be looking at different companies and other options next time.

27-Aug

Sri Lanka family holiday

Service rating : My only criticism would be that the itinerary we were given before leaving for Sri Lanka seemed somewhat different from the one our Tour Guide had. Some of the hotels were different, and some of the info about hotels was incorrect, or not up-to-date. Even the info we were given in advance about the tour company in Sri Lanka seemed a bit out of date. This was rather frustrating, and we couldn't understand why this was the case.
Product: An excellent fortnight. Lots of good things to say, but the single biggest factor making this an excellent holiday, rather than just very good, was the quality of our Tour Guide, from Walkers Tours, Viraj Silva. He was simply outstanding: professional, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The epitome of the welcoming people we met in Sri Lanka, the best advert for the Sri Lankan tourism industry you could ask for.

25-Aug

Southern India Family Holiday

Service rating : The company provided an excellent pre tour service and the information sent was accurate and useful. I would definitely look at using them again and recommend them to any family.
Product: The Southern India tour was one of the best holidays we've been on as a family. This was my third visit to India, but was also my most relaxed, largely because of the hard work of our guide Chandra. Chandra made sure everything ran on time, any hold-ups or changes were smoothly sorted out and ensured everyone on the trip got what they wanted out of it. For example, we all wanted to go to see Indian cinema, so Chandra organised everything and an excellent night out it was. He was a natural with children/teenagers even motivating my two teenage boys to get up for 6 or 7am starts several times ! Anyone with teenagers knows how impressive this is.

Having a guide and tour bus removed a lot of the stress of getting about (which can be fun/an experience, but also takes up a lot of time) and ensured we packed in an incredible amount of activity in two weeks. We weren't kept in a "bubble" however as the tour and Chandra ensured we got to see as much of "real" India as a tourist really can.

If you haven't got three or more weeks to travel then this is an excellent option for visiting India.

25-Aug

Northern India family holiday

Service rating : Everything was thought of. We could just relax and enjoy the holiday without worrying about anything!
Product: Utterly fantastic! It was such a stimulating vibrant holiday, and our guide Ravi was excellent, and made the trip fun and interesting for adults and children alike.

23-Aug

Italy Family Holiday

Service rating : unfortunately, this travel agent assured us that connecting rooms would be available on the trip we picked as a couple with an 8 year old kid- this was not the case. We had asked for the above & paid single supplements for all 3 of us. Our excellent travel leader was able to sort out a family room in each hotel. If the F.A.C had checked then they would have been able to advice us more accurately. But it was a highly stressful start to the holiday. Having said that I was going to ask for a refund on my return and mid holiday they emailed me & advise me they will refund the single supplements within 5 working days ( we are only 2 working days ago). A more accurate rating would be neither poor nor good but somewhere in the middle
Product: It was fantastic, vesuvius , pompeii & Herculaneum suitably guided for both adults & kids. Fabulous food, amazing gelato. Our team leader was exceptional - Ilaria... she sorted out any niggles . we did cove kayking as an extra which the kids loved too

20-Aug

Thailand Family Holiday

Service rating : All arrangements were well organised and any queries were dealt with promptly.
Product: The trip itself, run by Intrepid was excellent, and we would highly recommend it. Our only criticism is that we found it very difficult to find our transfer driver at Bangkok hotel. We were not told where he would be waiting and it took us a frustrating amount of time after retrieving our bags to track down the rep who was holding a very small sign with our name on it. In a very hot, busy airport after a long haul overnight flight, this was not what we needed and was a slightly unfortunate start to the holiday. Otherwise, our holiday was fantastic.

Southern India Family Holiday

Service rating : It was great
Product: Is was great

Canada Family holiday

Service rating : Family Adventure Co make booking very easy & the Great American Adventure Co were great, our Guide, Gemael was very good
Product: We had a superb holiday

Morocco Family Holiday

Service rating : Easy to book with. Good customer service.
Product: Holiday was excellent apart from the Tagadirt Hotel in Agadir which was terrible - dirty rooms (dirty after they had been cleaned and still missing toilet roll and soap which we never got), very noisy (rooms backing onto disco/karaoke until 3am or drag racing on the main road), drug taking outside rooms. Also took over an hour to check in. Staying just outside Agadir in the height of summer would be better as the beech is too crowded during August to use but there are other lovely beaches nearby. The local guide,Hisham, was very good and took us to see sights not mentioned on the itinerary. The Moroccan people we met were friendly and helpful and we would go back to Morocco again. Essaouira and the Ali Baba Riad were our highlight.

Brilliant very well organised

Turkey Active Teenage Holiday

Service rating : Really impressed. Excellent customer service and never once felt pushed or rushed into buying the holiday. It was at my pace.
The only negative was the flight times on my itinerary were incorrect. It said outbound departure was 14:30, luckily the flight was delayed. Unfortunately I am very disappointed with British Airways. This is not The Family Adventure Company fault.
Product: Fab holiday, really good hotel and great staff. The gulet was definitely the highlight and the crew (Captain Ahmun, Mehmet & Ahmetcan, apologies if spelling is incorrect) were great. And of course our wonderful tour leader Aysenur, she is fantastic. A credit to the company. Warm, welcoming, friendly and very knowledgeable. She made us feel at home and very much looked after. Thank you Aysenur.
I would recommend the Seklikent gorge walk trip with optional tubing down the river. Awesome & so much fun.

Vietnam Family Holiday

Service rating : Email communication was always efficient and timely.
I didn't find the advisors at the end of the phone as knowledgable as I had when we booked our last trip.
Product: A wonderful trip with a varied itinerary which included activities to suit all ages. Our guide was superb, giving us a great understanding of the country and its people, demonstrating flexibility with the itinerary when necessary and bending over backwards to ensure everything ran smoothly and that we were always happy. We would thoroughly recommend this trip to other families.

Slovakia Family Holiday

Service rating : Company organisation was not great. They made mistakes with our booking that I had to get corrected.
Product: Holiday was excellent. Very well-organized and tour guide was brilliant.

14-Aug

Turkey Active Teenage Holiday

Service rating : Fabulous holiday - would have rated as excellent but info ref flight times on ticket was incorrect
Product: Had a fantastic time!

12-Aug-2015

Northern India family holiday

Service rating : Really efficient and knowledgeable staff with a positive attitude to finishing out the answers to any question. Only comment would be that the price reduced from when I booked to the price in the next brochure as did air taxes but I was not offered refund or discount towards another trip
Product: Amazing experience. Great itinerary. Brilliant tour guide.

11-Aug-2015

Summer Pyrenees Family Holiday

Service rating : Really helpful and well organised.
Product: Good range of activities in a beautiful setting. Lovely guides did a great job of gauging the right level of activity for a group of mixed ages.

11-Aug-2015

Costa Rica Family Holiday

Service rating : Well organised and customer friendly.
Product: Extremely knowledgable and helpful guide and fantastic drivers. Fun activities and itinerary.

10-Aug-2015

Vietnam Family Holiday

Service rating : this was a good holiday but we had a poor one in the past on morroco
Product: our guide made the holiday excellent

10-Aug-2015
good for the more destination furhter afield

09-Aug-2015

Northern India family holiday

Service rating : First rate service. Holiday of a lifetime once again.
Product: Fantastic insight into a fantastic culture. Pramod, our guide, made the trip busy, hectic, enjoyable and educational; all at the same time.

08-Aug-2015

Italy Family Holiday

Service rating : This was my second holiday with The Family Adventure Company. Booking was straightforward, the representative looked into a multitude of flight options for me and it was lovely feeling to receive a discount for repeat custom plus early booking. Perhaps the FAC/Intrepid branding could be streamlined for customers eg, I booked a FAC holiday and had travel notes branded Intrepid. New clients could question the integrity of the operations.
Product: Our Leader, Vivi was EXCELLENT and she was the reason we had a super holiday. She maintained great humour and enthusiasm throughout the trip, energising and encouraging the group to gel, while subtly checking that each person was happy each day and soaking up local culture. She positively ensured hiccups like the incorrect room bookings were dealt with to the benefit of the group. I especially valued her suggestions for redesigning the Travel Notes itinerary to take into account the heat wave and tourist throngs. There is no way we could have managed a 3 hour hike across Capri! Instead, as a group, we spent extra money to charter boats and enjoyed a much better time swimming in the sea! I would rate the holiday GOOD but definitely not as good as the fabulous time I had in India with my daughter travelling with FAC three years ago (and the reason why I persuaded my husband to come on a families holiday). I do think you should rewrite the itinerary for the holiday: I don't think kids of 5 could have managed all the walking, plus the site tours were aimed at adults. The hotel in Naples was fine but the area very grotty - and also totally on the wrong side of the city from the airport and Herculaneum. We arrived to find only a double room was booked for 3 of us and the hotel staff were intransigent. I had to show Vivi our booking notes regarding Accommodation to ensure we were properly given 2 rooms as my husband certainly did not want to share with a 16 year old boy he did not know! Check in time was not till 3 so we had quite a while after arrival to wander the hot streets and closed shops - I wish we'd known this ahead of time. I was very grateful NOT to take the train all the way to Sorrento - it was hot, crowded and up and down stairs the day we went by metro and train to Herculaneum - it would have been horrid with kids and luggage. Why transfer to Sorrento to return the same way to Vesuvius and Pompeii the next day? And doing both those trips on one day (with the coach travelling) was too much really, especially for the kids with the heat and winding roads. Why not stay on the east side of Naples? What about sampling some agro-tourismo? Waiting in a boat queue for the Blue Grotto would have been sheer hell (and against the sustainability principles of FAC/Intrepid?) - I'm glad we didn't do it. The hotel in Sorrento was nice (luckily we got a much nicer room than some other families) and the location beautiful. However, the travel arrangements for getting the group back up the steep hill were unsatisfactory. Fitting 17 people into, at best, an 8 seater mini bus and, at the worst offering, a 3 passenger car was never going to work! Some taxi fairs added onto our family costs considerably (€30 a trip).

08-Aug-2015

Malta and Gozo Family Holiday

Service rating : Fantastic service...looked after all the way
Product: Gorgeous location, great choice of accommodation..perfect for my son's first taste of adventure (he is 9).