The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1303 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
08-Sep-2014

Croatian River Adventure - Family Holiday

Service rating : The booking process was easy and quick. Whenever I called to ask for help or advice, my enquiries were dealt with in a friendly, helpful manner. I have an autistic son who came on the holiday with me, and the company were very understanding in making sure everyone who needed to be aware was made aware; they dealt with everything sensitively.
Product: A very mixed experience. My baggage went missing in transit and arrived in our destination 24 hours after we did; very inconvenient, but not a show-stopper. Hotel staff were mostly friendly and helpful; one or two appeared a bit surly. The local guide was rather arrogant, and got on everyone's nerves more as the week went on; some of the other members of the tour party were very critical of him and he didn't get a tip at the end of the week - our protest. Last year I went on the Andorra holiday and the contrast between the guides there (superb) and this guy was massive. There were several cock-ups over transport, but it never seemed to be his fault - always the fault of the hotel.
The activities were mostly quite gentle - with a minimum age of 8 years, I guess this is to be expected, but it might be worthwhile making it more explicit. Teenagers would find it very tame. Also, none of the activities took up the whole day; if the hotel hadn't had a pool, boredom would have set in quickly as there is absolutely nothing else to do in Trilj, which looked like a bit of a dump. Omis and Brela were lovely though.
There were tour parties from at least one other company (Green World holidays)staying in the same hotel and there were two or three nights when their drunken singing persisted until approaching 0100. When requested to desist, one or two of them got quite stroppy - and these were (British) families with teenage children!!
On the return journey, Split airport was a total shambles. The departure lounge reminded me of a football ground terrace in the 1970s. The check-in process was appallingly slow and we only got to the desk 10 minutes before the flight was due to leave; fortunately the flight had been delayed on the outward leg and we had more time than we realised. Not good for the nerves though.
What made the holiday much better than it might have been was the people in our tour party; we all got on really well, which was a huge boost. Had it not been for that, the other negative factors might have dropped my rating from Good to Poor. Andorra last year was better.

02-Sep-2013

Service rating : Easy to book and very helpful staff
Product: Good balance of activities and relaxing time. Right level of challenge

27-Aug-2013

Croatian River Adventure - Family Holiday

Service rating : Well informed when talking on the phone whilst booking the holiday. Reps waiting at airport with clear sign. Efficient invoicing and information about what to pack etc given about the holiday.
Product: We had a fantastic time. The guide really made the holiday as he was so informative. The activities were great and just right for the level i needed with my children. However, the hotel and village where we stayed had little to do and so once the activities had ended and we were back at the holiday it was hard to find something to keep 2 active boys happy with. The guide showed us a swimming place up the river which was great. But the hotel could do with a place to sit outside on the patio and maybe something more than just a one pool table. However the hotel was comfortable and clean and the food was good.

19-Aug-2013

Croatian River Adventure - Family Holiday

Service rating : Thank you for your help at such short notice. We had a fantastic time and would do it again. I think we were very lucky with the group of people we shared the holiday with which made it even better as everyone seemed to get on really well.
Product: It was very hot but despite that we had an amazing time. I felt we were well cared for by the hotel staff and the guide Damir. I think the quality of the hotel could be better described. It would not have stopped me going but from the description I expected it to be of a higher standard than it was. Having said that and despite the broken socket and shower etc the hotel staff could not have worked any harder to give us a great time. We certainly didn't go hungry either! Damir's passion for his country and his knowledge made our experience even more enjoyable. Thank you

18-Aug-2013

Service rating : straightforward
Product: Hotel clean, staff and air con both great. Dimir was excellent, in control and able to answer any question. I loved the mixture of activity with a smattering of history and relaxation. it was great to see even the teenagers playing about.

27-Jul-2013

Croatian River Adventure - Family Holiday

Service rating : All as per itinerary, had to call office few times to get relevant paperwork sent through as last minute booking. Other than that ok
Product: Overall a good holiday, hotel needs bigger sheets on bed and it would be better to have longer activities. Nicola our guide was friendly and helpful but as it was his first time running the holiday vague with details.