The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1177 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
20-Jul

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : Everything for our trip was planned to perfection, the accommodation was amazing and the booking and planning was easy.
Product: An amazing trip. The guides and porters where helpful, friendly and there whenever you had a problem. We did the Rongai Route and this was hard work but soooo worth it for the views and just the feeling of being above the clouds not to mention the amazing plants and landscape.

07-Jun-2014

Service rating : Exclellent
Product: The kit list sent by Adventure Company was wrong. It said quite clearly that no mattress was required, because they would be supplied. This is incorrect. There were no mattresses supplied, and we had to borrow thin mats from the stores at the hotel to cope. Also the kit list said "gloves" it should read "Mittens". Gloves were useless.

23-Jan-2014

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : The communication between The Adventure Company and Tropical Trails in Tanzania was very poor when organising our extension to Zanzibar.
Product: The experience was brilliant, thanks to the guides and porters who made our experience fun and worthwhile!

20-Jan-2014

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

dipite a phone call from my wife as to were we booked on an extension of the hoiladay, ( which the oppearator was very rude.) information was not given to us. and at the end of the treck we were told that the extension had not been booked and we were told that we were going home not going to zanibar? no appolagy was given?

20-Jan-2014
we were also left all day at a small airport droped off at 10 am and the flight was are17:50 the tour company had been informed but they still left festering all day in an airport

05-Jan-2014

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : This is my second trip with the Adventure Co and once again I enjoyed a great trip
Product: An incredible adventure and a massive life time achievement to reach Uhuru Peak.
Perhaps some more emphasis should be stressed to the customers regarding training for this arduous trek. ( maybe a suggested training plan ) Where as I had no problems with the trek personally there were some members of the group who had not prepared sufficiently and may benefit from training advice. This was also commented on by some of the guides who did a great job in getting every one to the top but had commented that alot of people who take on this challenge are often under prepared.

03-Oct-2013

Service rating : Overall very good. We had some problems which were dealt with
Product: Local guides were fantastic. Amazing experince, cannot fault it.

28-Sep-2013

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : It feels like the Adventure Co. are purely brokers and add no extra value over taking money and organising the basic logistics.
Product: the was excellent purely because of the local guides and porters. They were brilliant.

03-Sep-2013

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : well informed customer services - big thank you to Andrew for answering my lots and lots of questions :)
Product: It was the most amazing trip!! so well organised

03-Sep-2013

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

The only criticism I have for our trip is that we weren't allocated seats together on our flights even though we booked in plenty of time. The staff in Tanzania were excellent although I did feel that the way we were expected to tip a specific way was not good at all, our head guide even tried telling us what we were supposed to do. I am quite happy to give more detail on this should anybody wish to discuss it with me. Apart from that, the experience was fantastic!! Well done!

01-Sep-2013

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : Wonderful support before & after, I would like to mention I never received any luggage labels as I have trips & when we left belongings @ hotel not needed on trip b4 we have been supplied with bags which we weren't this time either.
The hotel we stayed in at the end of our trip although was lovely had no hot water & shower kept stop / starting & after camping 6 nites thats not really what you want when you have been dreaming of lovely hot shower.
Other than these things it was fab!
Product: I think you need to stress more the physical endurance of this trip & also highlight the clothing required for the submit night as a few of our party had not bought enough subtle warm clothing.

01-Aug-2013

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Service rating : We were met by our guides from the moment we landed in Tanzania,and helped, advised throughout the trip! Fantastic service!
Product: Best route you could ever do! Saw no one whilst walking except out porers passing ofus of course! Felt like we were the only ones on the mountain! Amazing