The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1231 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
19-Jul-2014

Kilimanjaro - Marangu Route

Service rating : We received excellent support from the Adventure company before the trip and arrangements and transfers were all correct.
Product: The route up Kilimanjaro is easy to follow, the paths are well maintained and whilst facilities at the camps are basic having a bed to sleep in after a hard days walk is very welcoming.

11-Jul-2014

Kilimanjaro - Marangu Route

Trip was well organized and put together.

02-Feb-2014

Kilimanjaro - Marangu Route

Service rating : After I booked my holiday with Adventure Company I contacted them on three seperate occasions with questions which arose as I prepared for the holiday. On two of those occasions the staff members gave the impression they were not interested and couldn't wait to get off the telephone. Having spent almost £2k on a holiday I would expect a little more interest and enthusiasm.
Product: All the advice you read about the Marangu Route say don't take it. It's not picturesque, crowded and has a high failure rate for reaching the top. All 5 in our group made it to the top! We struggled up and down but we all made it. Diamox played a huge part though. I thought the scenery was spectacular enough. We saw monkeys, plenty of varied flora and numerous birds. Travelling in Janurary there didn't seem many people about. We travelled pretty much on our own. Staying in huts I think made for a better nights sleep. The kitchen facilities and thus food at the hut sites was much better then what you can expect camping in tents. The Marangu Hotel where we stayed at was fantastic. From the clean rooms, the amazing sight of Kilimanjaro from the bar garden and very well informed staff, you cannot pick a better base for heading off on the trek. If I return to Kilimanjaro it will be on the Marangu Route because of the facilities. The Marangu Hotel will also be where I start and finish. Don't be put off by the Marangu Route, it is definitely worth considering. Look in to Diamox though for such a rapid ascent though.

30-Oct-2013

Kilimanjaro - Marangu Route

Service rating : Lack of contact with the company on the mountain.
Product: Food was worse than terrible, guides got the time wrong on our certificates..

02-Mar-2013

Service rating : good
Product: brilliant except appalling regards to tipping process which ruined the holiday

02-Mar-2013

Kilimanjaro - Marangu Route

Service rating : I thought all the information was clear and concise and they were very efficient when it came to getting in touch. Would book with again and recommend to others.
Product: Really well organised trip. Karama Lodge was great. Huts on route of good standard apart from the toilets. Food was just what we needed. Guides and porters were excellent. Felt really well prepared for the ascent night. Only criticism is that the tipping situation is awkward and we were made to feel like we should put in more money. Kind of missing the point of what a tip is.