The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1172 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
31-Mar-2014

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : Very helpful customer service team who were thorough in their responses to my questions. Their advice and description of the trip were both accurate so I will be using this company in the future!
Product: I was told this is one of if not the most difficult route. Whilst it was of course challenging the views were outstanding, and we descended on the marangu route on which there was simply no comparison! In terms of difficulty, in our group of 5 men, 4 of us reached Stella point and I was the only one who reached Uhuru Peak. Even a marathon runner succumbed at Stella so perhaps the difficulty is something to think about. I acclimatised very successfully on the route, developing a headache on day 3 but had no headache on the final day or on summit night. Definitely recommend machame if you're doing this for the experience!

25-Feb-2014

Service rating : A weel organized trip
Product: Great climb but just to many people on the mountain

14-Jan-2014

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : Could have been a little more communication before the trip
Product: Great route, great views, great porters and guides

11-Jan-2014

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : I was mostly pleased with the service I received from the Adventure Company but, on the run up to the trip, the final itinery was left to the last minute which I wasn't happy about.
Product: An amazing experience and I met some lovely new people - it's not for the faint hearted though!

05-Oct-2013

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : Everything was as they said. Organisation was very good and local staff excellent.
Product: Challenging but doable provided you have done the required training.

29-Sep-2013

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : All ok - my only criticism being that of kamara lodge - it is unbelievably noisy place to stay.
Product: Enjoyed the challenge - only concern being the speed with which the guides (led by adronis) both took us up and got us down from the mountain on the final day. Little time was given for breaks - indeed not enough time to even take a proper drink! It appears to be the norm amongst tropical trails guides - having met the previous group to ascend the Machame route - they as a group were very unhappy with their guide. Whilst fully appreciating you cannot dally at 19,000 feet, you also need to appreciate the need to facilitate the opportunity to take on board food/fluids. We were denied this and it almost proved costly, particularly on the descent, when we were all suffering badly as a result. Mark my words, unless your guides are instructed to understand the summit is a goal to aim for and not a 'race', they will put someone in serious harm.

24-Sep-2013

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : The kit list could have been more comprehensive

I emailed re. adding a trip to the end of my trip and received no reply.
Product: The trip itself was amazing. The guides and porters were brilliant, they looked after us so well.

The big concern I had was that they had oxygen with them that was broken. When one of our group needed it I identified that it wasn't working. They then used another porters oxygen and this was in very bad condition.

As physiotherapists I deal with respiratory problems and oxygen on a daily basis. I was disappointed that in the case of such an incident there is not even a basic working oxygen cylinder with us. This is a major safety issue and of no fault of the guides. I hope this can be taken on board and improved. People can die at this altitude as you well know.

24-Aug-2013

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : The whole experience from start to finish was amazing! The porters/guides and cook were great. Justaz the head guide was experienced and you had confidence in his ability to get you to the top.
Product: Amazing route from lush forests to arid rocky climate. Steller point to Uhuru is challenging to say the least! Recommend this for people with 'some' fitness as it is not a stroll in the park :-)

13-Jul-2013

Service rating : Good support on the occasions Iade contact
Product: The trek, local guides and porters were excellent

22-Jun-2013

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Service rating : second trip with the adventure company, great experience again looking to d another trip soon
Product: once in a life time trip, fantastic guides especially the second guide called Amos.
a good group with great people, fantastic views and a night to remember on the summit day, no feeling like it after walking all night to finally reach the summit.

11-Jun-2013

Kilimanjaro – Machame Route

Would have been excellent but the Adventure Company made a few errors with my booking which I ended up resolving myself.

13-Jan-2013

Kilimanjaro û Machame Route

Service rating : quick nd easy to book - helpful service throughout
Product: the company used (tropical trails ) were superb! couldnt of asked for more for a fantastic holiday i would certainly recomend this!

12-Jan-2013

Kilimanjaro û Machame Route

Service rating : The local agent tropical trails was excellent as we're the staff within Tanzania, the UK staff however could be better with contact and information prior to the trip. That being said it was still an amazing experience and one that will stay with me for years to come.
Product: All the guides and porters made the trip a once in a lifetime experience. Godbless, Justice and Adronis were knowledgable and a pleasure to climb with. To this day I'm still impressed with the food and service provided during my stay and I can't find fault with the team. Asanti Sana.