The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1303 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
06-Sep-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Good, however two things, i believe customers should get hotel provider name and address more than one week of the trip itself and it should offer more competitive flights with better timings of arrival. Please thank our guide, abdullah, fantastic guy, very helpful, supportive, friendly.

05-Sep-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : This was okay; maybe a little bit off-hand when I asked when I would receive the final joining information and confirmation that everything was okay.... but, it was okay. It could have been better in the latter stages.... At the beginning, I thought the girl that helped me was extremely good, bubbly, positive and helpful, so when I was choosing the holiday and the flights the young girl could not have been more enthusiastic, accommodating and helpful.
Product: Excellent trek leader and assistant leader, they were both very skilled at reading the needs of the group and attending to those needs at all times. Excellent work by Intrepid, everything was well organised with trek briefings, good transport and fantastic leadership. The leader was warm, friendly, motivational and knowledgeable. I would recommend an Intrepid Trek and a holiday through the Adventure Company. The Hotel Du Pacha was a bit ropy on the first floor and if we had not returned to the improved second floor accommodation I would have changed hotels as the first floor was really too basic, unclean with extremely poor bathroom facilities. The only acceptable accommodation in this hotel is on the second floor, so I would investigate this and recommend only using the better rooms or change hotel. The hotel staff are not really helpful and their English is poor, the hotel does not get any good write-ups on trip advisor. Other than Hotel Du Pacha the trip was a huge success, the itinerary was just right, the Marrakech sight seeing was good with a good guide.

23-Aug-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : The company was very helpful in booking and providing information. This is my 4 trip with the adventure company and I shall be using them again :)
Product: The trek was well run by Hassan though I must point out that when I arrived in Marrakech at 1am the transfer I had booked did not arrive and I had to spend time making phone calls to get a driver. I felt fine but I'm concerned that someone else may feel vulnerable in that situation and not know what to do. That said the whole experience was great. Thanks very much :)

22-Aug-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Well organised, value for money trip.
Product: Excellent trip. Well worth the money. The local guides Hassan and Hussain made the trip, you knew you were in good hands. Beautiful scenery for a few days of mountain trekking.

22-Aug-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : cannot fault the Adventure Company in anyway.
Product: Fantastic trip, well run and would highly recommend

25-Jul-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I have travelled with the adventure company before and thought them to be brilliant.There were however, uncharacteristic errors in the recent trip that suprised me.
Product: The mountain experience including the guide and the guided walk in Marrakech were all excellent. However, the travel arrangements to Marakech and the information sent in advance of the trip were not nearly as good as I have had in the past. In summary:
1. A direct flight would have helped - others on the group benefitted from direct flights from Gatwick rather than indirect from Heathrow;
2. On arroval at Marrakesh there was nobody to help with transfer - at 12.30am we had no local currency (not possible in advance in Morocco) and phones would not conect to allow use of emergency number - our taxi did arrive 1/2 late from Inrepid- whoare they?;
3. Reception at the hotel was poor - we were aparty of 3 split between 2 rooms - not aproblem in itself but the hotel receptionist could not expalin what was happening and 3 times sent me to a room that was locked without a key. The next day I found out I was sharing and my room mate had gone to sleep having locked the room. I was eventually offered a key to another room but it was all a bit surly and not a good atart.
4. the information that was sent to us indicated a welcome meeting at 6 pm we therfore intended to spend a day exploring Marrakech. Just before we left 09.00hrs we received a call to advise that the welcome meeting had begun and we were leaving for the mountains. It was tricky to attend, get to a bank and repack bags. All of the matters could easiliy have been dealt with if the information pack was a little clearaer. Many of the party complained that they had been sent inconsistent itineries.
The trip itself was brilliant and I am sure with a little care the problems we faced can easily be addressed - that is my purpose in raising them. Thanks for the trip!
Kind Regards

*Personal details removed by Feefo*

11-Jul-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Good communication, well organised.
Product: Very good local group leader, great food, nice accommodation, good value..

23-Jun-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I wasn't met off the plane and there has been cost cutting on the trip leading to very poor accommodation
Product: The country and trip intinery was great

23-Jun-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : well organised and very helpful team
Product: had a great experience and the guides, cooks and the mules amazing people and animals xx

20-Jun-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Been on 2 trips now. Nepal and Toubkal. Both were fantastic experiences. On the whole the trips were well organised. There are a couple of things I would change, particularly with the Toubkal trip. The staff and guides in location were excellent. I will be booking another trip with this company.
Product: Recommended changes to Toubkal trip. Direct flights to Marrakech are essential.. Hours of delay in Casablanca for no good reason is unacceptable., didn't arrive until 4am !
Accommodation up at the Toubkal refuge was terrible. We were in a annex, would much rather have been placed in the main hostel.
Plus points, loved out guide Mohammed, was very knowledgable and organised.

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : The tour was run by intrepid and communication was poor. On arrival at Marakech airport at 11pm I was unaware the transfer to the hotel was in the name of intrepid therefore assumed the transfer had not arrived and given the late hour and my mood after 16 hours of travel I had to pay 350 Dirham for a taxi
Product: The trek was excellent and the guide was splendid however I felt that to manage 15 people on his own was too much as there was a vast array of abilities and ambition. The summit day he had one assistant however he left with one walker after the first hour and it was virtually impossible for Mohamid to keep all of teh party together resulting in considerable separation with some people walking alone.

06-Jun-2014
The Hotel Du Pacha was very poor. I arrived late at night to find teh bed linen was not clean, I would not have entered the shower with shoes on let alone bear foot and the smell of drains and damp comming from the bathroom was overwhelming

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I was disappointed that after I booked this holiday, Adventure company were then taken over and my existing dates were no longer available. In addition, although I was offered a full refund, I was told that if I wanted the same holiday on different dates, I would have to pay extra to cover this. I dis-agreed with this and the additional costs were waived, however later in the booking our hotel in Marrakesh was also changed to a hotel of far less quality, in which the rooms were dirty and some of the toilets didn't work. Not a good experience and I'm not sure we will use Adventure company or it's parent company again for our holiday bookings.
Product: The trek was excellent, although the Hotel Du Pacha in Marrakesh was not up to standard, it was dirty, the sheets was not always clean, and the bathrooms were very poor quality. I would suggest that the guide Mohammed should have had extra assistants on the day we summited Mt Toubkal, he only had one assistant to had to turn back with one person who was ill, therefore Mohammad was left to cover the remaining 15 people which at times was very difficult, due to the different speeds people walk at.