The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1223 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
25-Jul-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I have travelled with the adventure company before and thought them to be brilliant.There were however, uncharacteristic errors in the recent trip that suprised me.
Product: The mountain experience including the guide and the guided walk in Marrakech were all excellent. However, the travel arrangements to Marakech and the information sent in advance of the trip were not nearly as good as I have had in the past. In summary:
1. A direct flight would have helped - others on the group benefitted from direct flights from Gatwick rather than indirect from Heathrow;
2. On arroval at Marrakesh there was nobody to help with transfer - at 12.30am we had no local currency (not possible in advance in Morocco) and phones would not conect to allow use of emergency number - our taxi did arrive 1/2 late from Inrepid- whoare they?;
3. Reception at the hotel was poor - we were aparty of 3 split between 2 rooms - not aproblem in itself but the hotel receptionist could not expalin what was happening and 3 times sent me to a room that was locked without a key. The next day I found out I was sharing and my room mate had gone to sleep having locked the room. I was eventually offered a key to another room but it was all a bit surly and not a good atart.
4. the information that was sent to us indicated a welcome meeting at 6 pm we therfore intended to spend a day exploring Marrakech. Just before we left 09.00hrs we received a call to advise that the welcome meeting had begun and we were leaving for the mountains. It was tricky to attend, get to a bank and repack bags. All of the matters could easiliy have been dealt with if the information pack was a little clearaer. Many of the party complained that they had been sent inconsistent itineries.
The trip itself was brilliant and I am sure with a little care the problems we faced can easily be addressed - that is my purpose in raising them. Thanks for the trip!
Kind Regards

*Personal details removed by Feefo*

11-Jul-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Good communication, well organised.
Product: Very good local group leader, great food, nice accommodation, good value..

23-Jun-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I wasn't met off the plane and there has been cost cutting on the trip leading to very poor accommodation
Product: The country and trip intinery was great

23-Jun-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : well organised and very helpful team
Product: had a great experience and the guides, cooks and the mules amazing people and animals xx

20-Jun-2014

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Been on 2 trips now. Nepal and Toubkal. Both were fantastic experiences. On the whole the trips were well organised. There are a couple of things I would change, particularly with the Toubkal trip. The staff and guides in location were excellent. I will be booking another trip with this company.
Product: Recommended changes to Toubkal trip. Direct flights to Marrakech are essential.. Hours of delay in Casablanca for no good reason is unacceptable., didn't arrive until 4am !
Accommodation up at the Toubkal refuge was terrible. We were in a annex, would much rather have been placed in the main hostel.
Plus points, loved out guide Mohammed, was very knowledgable and organised.

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : The tour was run by intrepid and communication was poor. On arrival at Marakech airport at 11pm I was unaware the transfer to the hotel was in the name of intrepid therefore assumed the transfer had not arrived and given the late hour and my mood after 16 hours of travel I had to pay 350 Dirham for a taxi
Product: The trek was excellent and the guide was splendid however I felt that to manage 15 people on his own was too much as there was a vast array of abilities and ambition. The summit day he had one assistant however he left with one walker after the first hour and it was virtually impossible for Mohamid to keep all of teh party together resulting in considerable separation with some people walking alone.

06-Jun-2014
The Hotel Du Pacha was very poor. I arrived late at night to find teh bed linen was not clean, I would not have entered the shower with shoes on let alone bear foot and the smell of drains and damp comming from the bathroom was overwhelming

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I was disappointed that after I booked this holiday, Adventure company were then taken over and my existing dates were no longer available. In addition, although I was offered a full refund, I was told that if I wanted the same holiday on different dates, I would have to pay extra to cover this. I dis-agreed with this and the additional costs were waived, however later in the booking our hotel in Marrakesh was also changed to a hotel of far less quality, in which the rooms were dirty and some of the toilets didn't work. Not a good experience and I'm not sure we will use Adventure company or it's parent company again for our holiday bookings.
Product: The trek was excellent, although the Hotel Du Pacha in Marrakesh was not up to standard, it was dirty, the sheets was not always clean, and the bathrooms were very poor quality. I would suggest that the guide Mohammed should have had extra assistants on the day we summited Mt Toubkal, he only had one assistant to had to turn back with one person who was ill, therefore Mohammad was left to cover the remaining 15 people which at times was very difficult, due to the different speeds people walk at.

15-Oct-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : great trips, well organised.
Product: Harder than I thought.

08-Oct-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : I'm very pleased with the Adventure Company. They provide an excellent service and they really reliable.. Many thanks for them!!
Product: Amazing trek!! Beautiful part of the High Atlas. If you after peace and quiet to clear your head and to know all your limits this is the place to be. Go for it : )

06-Oct-2013

Service rating : Courteous helpful staff
Product: Very good. Only down side was some of the time in Marrakech - we could hav done without the guided nd most felt that it would be better to be allowed to explore ouselves in our own time. The trip to the spice shop was specially irksome - it was just a sales pitch and the staff there made claims for medical efficacy which are paently false and would be illegal in Europe.

04-Oct-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Good information and booking system. Website good. Kit list needs updating. Walking poles should be strongly recommended rather than optional.
Product: Good itinerary overall and all accommodation fabulous. youseff was good guide and obviously very experienced but not very understanding with slower members of group and ascent was done at record pace (3.5hrs) despite some people struggling and with barely any stops on way up. One member of group was ill and he failed to acknowledge this or question them further in case they had altitude sickness. Mustafa shone in this situation and helped one member to summit who had turned back. Youseff also failed to ensure everyone had managed to change money before leaving Marrakech for Imlil (one lady had cash but the bank was closed as it was Sat - we had to take money out for her). He should have made sure people got cash they needed at airport on arrival. Kalid on city tour seemed to miss a promised park and the Jewish quarter. Overall was amazing experience but a little room for improvement. Also snacks during hike not very substantial and more bananas would be good. One of the mules was a little skinny and with sores - would be good to know whether the muleteers are picked with SPANA guidance in mind. Would be good to be able to donate money to / visit local school - people on trip should be made aware of rules for being sustainable tourist (i.e dont give money and sweets to the kids as this encourages begging).

03-Oct-2013

Service rating : Every thing I expected and more
Product: The guides were exceptional !, best I've been on, scenery was stunning and time for hiking was just right.food was also exceptional.Marrakech was one of the best cities I've been to!, loved the Madina and the hotel was nice! , thinking of going back and housing again!. Will defiantly be youse ing the adventure company again!. A big thank you to them

01-Oct-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Like the concept.
Product: .

30-Sep-2013

Service rating : Good customer care and follow up
Product: Excellent trip and value for money

28-Sep-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : Organised and friendly service from the moment I first inquired about the trip until the moment I departed Marrakech airport
Product: Friendly and informative guides, very well paced trek, delicious food and a wonderful atmosphere

27-Sep-2013

Service rating : Pretty impressive
Product: Great, though the pace needed to be slowed a down at certain times. A little more pacing would be appreciated.

27-Sep-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : The trip was exactly what I expected and more. Great scenery, fantastic guides, very well organised and we were fortunate to have excellent weather and brilliant group to travel with. I was a solo traveller but soon made a great bunch of friends!
The area is fantastic and well worth a visit. I hope to go back and do it again in the winter, funds permitting simply because I enjoyed it so much.
The only advice I would give other travellers thinking about this trek is to read the trip notes carefully and make sure they are happy campers. Whilst it is demanding it is not out of most people’s reach with a positive mental attitude. You will have to be comfortable in a tent up a mountain in all weather conditions. If that sounds like you go for it.
Product: Rating
The place, the guides, the food all 5*
I had no issues with adventure company. The fellow travellers who had, appeared to have them sorted satisfactorily.

06-Sep-2013

Mount Toubkal Trek

Service rating : All the information I needed was online including a straightforward booking system and accurate itinerary.
Product: The trip was well organised and great value for money for those booking land only. Of course the scenery was stunning but ultimately it's the people that make your trip. Our local guide was Said who went above and beyond to look after us and ensure we had a great trip and was happy to get involved and have a good giggle. He was supported by Hassan and Mohammed who served us delicious meals throughout. I'd definitely recommend this trip to friends :)
I'm already thinking about climbing Toubkal in the snow now!!