The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1172 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
23-Sep-2013

Service rating : Service ok, see below
Product: Overall trip was good but the minibus used although classed as 14 seater inc.driver was really only comfortable for 10 as the rear bench was to low, uncomfortable for anything over one hour and visibility was poor,and one front seat was folding. THE INFO STATED THAT THE SEATS WERE ALL CAPTAINS SEATS! Also our tent in particular had seen better days with both zips faulty

23-Sep-2013
ok

27-Aug-2013

See attached memo

15-Jul-2013

Western Dream

Service rating : The brochure price bore little relation to the actual price of the holiday - and this only became apparent when trying to book the holiday which led us to consider cancelling the holiday as the difference was so great.
The 24hr helpline whilst on holiday was non-existent. Our problem was only resolved in Adventure Company's actual working hours which was not helpful when 7 hrs behind the UK.
Documentation to support hotel bookings was poor and inadequate.
Product: The itinerary was great. The tour leader was enthusiastic, very helpful and knowledgeable.

19-Jun-2013

Western Dream

Service rating : Once the booking was made there seemed to be a 'hands off' attitude.
Product: Good itinery but I'm afraid the vehicle and the guide were not fit for purpose.

16-Jun-2013

Western Dream

Service rating : I phoned your office prior to booking to find out about camping in the USA compared to Nepal and was informed that it was 5* in America - this is not so. I feel that insufficient information was given in the trip notes. I realised that some participation in cooking and setting up site would be required but did not realise that we would have to do the shopping, cooking, washing up and cleaning out the van. I would not have spent over £2,000 on this holiday if I had known this. More detailed trip notes should be made available for future travellers.
Product: You state in the brochure that the transport would be a 'Private Charter Vehicle'. The vehicle supplied was totally inadequate for 13 adults covering such long distances. Only the front seats benefited from the air conditioning and the air conditioning at the back of the vehicle only worked on the last afternoon - although we had complained about this during our 2 week holiday - it was given the nickname 'the sweat box' during the 2 weeks. There was only a 6" gap between the seats at the door to get in and out thus making this very difficult.

Meal times were very erratic, we had a rib 'lunch' at 10.30am and did not have dinner one night till after 10.00pm. I pointed out to our guide that I have stomach problems if I didn't eat regularly but she wasn't interested. If she had given us timely information snacks could have been bought.

The morning we left Vegas we were told to be in the hotel lobby at 8.30am for an early start to LA. At 8.45am we had to get the Receptionist to call our guide who did not appear until 9.00am. She had not gone for petrol and on reversing to get into the pump reversed into a car. It took 2 hours to get the police and fill in all relevant forms - so much for an early start which meant we did not have time to go anywhere when we arrived in LA.

The guide was totally inflexible - I thought it was our holiday, not hers. There are other instances but suffice to say I loved the parks and the trekking but was spoiled mainly by the guide, the mini bus and as previously stated lack of information prior to booking the holiday. I have given a 'good' but should be between good / poor.