The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1287 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
07-Jun-2014

Best of Cuba

Service rating : Didnt realise when I booked with Adventure company that the trip would be subcontracted out to Intrepid, had I know this I would have booked dIrectly with iNTREPID.
Product: The trip was ok

07-Jun-2014

Best of Cuba

Service rating : A little slow to answer a question I put about what kind of currency to buy in Cuba. But otherwise very good and efficient.
Product: One of the most interesting trips we have done.

06-Jun-2014

Best of Cuba

Service rating : A few hiccups in the holiday which could have been avoided.
Were not advised that we needed a visa for our holiday. Fortunately thought of it ourselves.
Arrived first night after a very long flight to find that the hotel had no booking for us! There were rooms available but we had to pay for these ourselves and were reimbursed later.
Itinerary was changed without us being made aware of this. I have been informed that an email was sent but we never received it.
The time of the return flight was brought forward by an hour and a half and we were not advised about this. By chance I was checking the airline before our holiday and noticed this.
Product: The guides were brilliant. The tour was very interesting and varied and I feel I really got a feel for the country, especially as we stayed in 'Homestay' accommodation. The first night's hotel in Havana left a bit to be desired!!!

20-Apr-2014

Best of Cuba

Service rating : There are several aspects that require improvements in order to improve satisfaction as far as we experienced. We booked through Adventure Company and there was a lack of up dated information and communication that others on the trip received as they booked through Intrepid.
The following info was made available to Intrepid Clients but not Adventure Company.
1. Only one night was to be spent in Camaguey. (This was a hotel night). We flew from Baracoa one night earlier and stayed in Havana in a hostel (3 nights instead of 2 in the hostel not a homestay).
2. The time of our return flight home was changed 2 hours earlier.
3. Booking direct through Intrepid would have saved £400 each from the Adventure price.
4. Our first nights accommodation in Havana was not booked. We had no choice as the Intrepid or Adventure offices were unavailable (despite then efforts of our guide) but to pay an additional night. This was reimbursed by Adventure upon our return (albeit at the incorrect rate). I will be sending a full detailed letter this week.
Product: The trip itself met our expectations, the Intrepid guide, fellow travellers and Cuba were excellent.

20-Apr-2014
Service rating : see previous comments
Product: Air Europa was very poor. No in-flight entertainment and poor food.
The transfer at Madrid added 5 hours each way to the journey.
Add to trip notes that any duty free purchases at Cuba Airports must be sealed in a duty free envelope together with the receipt.
The notes indicate 375cuc for additional meals. This should be nearer 500cuc per person.

10-Mar-2014

Best of Cuba

Service rating : I would say good, but to let us know 20 December that our holiday had changed then go off on leave for 2 weeks was VERY POOR. Then to give information on homestays "large colonial houses with swimming pools" was rubbish!! We had a great holiday but honesty would have been appreciated. Offering £100 back was a joke and I wonder if others had not complained would that have been all the compensation we got. Would not book again because of this!!! I believe that the company knew about the changes long before they told the customer.
Product: The holiday was really good, but was spoiled for my husband as he likes hotels, he hated the homestays. Not a question of luxury as all very clean etc. but he hates the idea of being in someones house. The Ad. company stated to us the hotels were poor, we did not think so, we thought they were great and spotted all the ones we were meant to be staying in and wished we were in them. Sorry but very poor. In saying that the guide, bus, and everything else was good. I do wonder if the company will have the guts to reply to us?? Bet they don`t!! nay

Thanks very much for your honest feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel the amount refunded for the change to your tour wasn't sufficient: our Customer Relations department are looking into this for you and will respond separately.

I would like to apologise personally that the holiday didn't come up to scratch for you and your husband, as it was me who informed you of the change on the 20th December. I agree fully that it wasn't an ideal situation by any means that we were forced to make the change to your trip so late in the day, and yes it was regrettable that I had a window of one day to get hold of you and notify you of the changes before I had my own annual leave over Christmas. I would of course have much preferred to have some time in the office after informing you of the change to go through any follow up questions with you.

Perhaps in retrospect, making the initial call myself and leaving you with the option of calling back to speak to one of the sales team if you had any questions wasn't the best plan of action. I knew I was not going to be around so maybe I should have delegated the role of dealing with your tour change from the outset to a colleague who was in the office over the holiday period, so as they could have taken ownership of your situation from the start.

Regarding the information provided on homestays and hotels, this was all given in good faith. Whilst we are not confident in the quality of hotels in Cuba in general when compared to the good standards of authentic, traditional, locally-owned hotels you can find elsewhere, we do of course try to use the best hotels for the trips on which we do stay in hotels. So if the hotels you passed looked nice in comparison to the other hotels you saw, then we take that as a compliment.

Likewise, we use the best homestays available and if these weren't up to the standard you were expecting then I do apologise. I didn't mean to overstate them at all and was trying to give a broad idea of the types of properties we use, in comparison to what might have been the general assumption of a homestay.

I'm sorry to hear you won't be booking with us again, but above all am glad that despite the issues you found along the way that you still were able to enjoy your time in this fantastic country.

Warm Regards,

Andy Burt

Direct Sales Team Leader
The Adventure Company
01-Mar-2014

Best of Cuba

Service rating : I am disappointed i have given a poor score but don't feel it was due to The Adventure Company it was due to them being taken over by Intrepid whcih went on to us facing a catalogue of frustrations.
Product: Best of Cuba was not the trip we originally booked with The Adventure Company. We did enjoy our holiday once we got there but was totally let down.