The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1177 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
10-Jan-2014

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : they answered all my queries quickly
Product: Exciting, surprising, fun, interesting for all the family. great tour Guide

09-Jan-2014

Service rating : very efficient
Product: guide ari wonderful all accon and tour above expectations thank you

09-Jan-2014

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : We had fantastic service from everyone we dealt with at The Adventure Company
Product: Without doubt this was our best ever family holiday. A great place to be over Christmas and New Year. Thanks

27-Aug-2013

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : I think that the company could have arranged the visas for Cuba, as most other holiday companies do this - it's a convenience for your busy clientele!
Product: Varied activities, good guide -thanks!

22-Aug-2013

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : No complaints but all rather impersonal.
Product: Is your feedback really limited to this - two questions? Very surprised if so.

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : I had difficulty getting through to leave passport details and emailed the info in the end- altho this was acknowledged. Also I asked 2 qns via email and only one was answered! Luckily no prob. as i sorted it out for myself
Product: Enio our guide was brilliant, funny, knowledgable and knew everyone. Horacio our driver did sterling work navigating the roads, goats etc and was always there when needed- even going back to fetch something that had been forgotten in one place.
The hotels varied but generally were pleasant with slightly dodgy showers and electrics, a facet of cuba!The itinerary was well balanced. Loved the river pool swimming with hidden cave and fantastic snorkelling. Also the vinales walk and farmstead visits with wonderful pina coladas! The music and dancing was great too. Visiting at the end of July i expected a few rain storms but they only occured infrequently at night or late in the afternoon which cooled things down a tad. A wonderful holiday with friendly people and a great taste of the country.

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : We were put on the cheap and time consuming Air Europa instead of Virgin as no one had bothered to put our passport details into the system. We emailed them in 6 weeks before the holiday. No one ever chased us up for them which annoyed us even more when we found out that 2 of the families on the trip had been chased up for theirs. Worst of all no one bothered to tell us about our new flight = they simply emailed another confirmation slip which we could have easily missed. Andy was indifferent, charmless and incompetent and I would never go near him again if I booked through your company. The only time he was vaguely animated was when he tried to sell us the virgin super economy seats..
Product: Amazing guide and fantastic trip

Shocking service

20-Apr-2013

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : Have used before. Some last minute switching of hotels, no reason given, one of them we certainly wouldnt recommend, surly service and rubbish room, hotel was full so could not swap.
Product: Helpful, informative guide, great driver, saw and did loads, other families we were with were lovely, food better than expected, most hotels better than expected (all except last one where bathroom was dire), locals lovely and friendly, would definitely visit Cuba again.

19-Apr-2013

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : The Adventure Company sent us to the wrong hotel - and then their 24-hour helpline was not working!
A couple of days before the holiday I received an email from the Adventure Company which said that I now had all the information that I needed for the holiday. This included the name of the hotel for the first two nights - the Occidental Miramar - the same hotel as had been in all their previous communications to me.
Immigration in Cuba took about an hour and a half - which meant our guide left without us. We found the Cubacan Office but it took another half hour of insisting that they should help us. The problem was that the list of tourists he had did not include any of our names - it only included someone who had originally been coming on the holiday but who had cancelled.
When we identified her name, he was happy to book us a taxi - but booked it to the Hotel Copacabana - a hotel I had never heard of. I corrected him and he was happy to send us to the Occidental Miramar. Of course when we arrived their, they had no knowledge of us.
We called the 24-hour helpline number which the Adventure Company had given us - and it went through to an out-of-office recorded message.
Luckily the porter at the Occidental Miramar was helpful and got us the telephone number of the Copacabana and when I phoned they confirmed that we should have gone there. We paid for our own taxi to the Copacabana.
As you can imagine, by this time we were exhausted (the poor children were beside themselves with exhaustion) and really concerned about the rest of the holiday.
I cannot understand:
1) Why they changed us from the Occidental Miramar to the Copacabana.
2) If they had to change our hotel, why they did not email me or call me.
3) Why they advertise a 24-hour helpline when it obviously does not work.

I would like someone from the Adventure Company to email me to explain and apologise.
Product: After we had managed to get to the right hotel, the holiday was excellent - and the guide was excellent.

11-Apr-2013

Viva Cuba! - Family holiday

Service rating : Patient staff when we were booking. Good info about the trip.
Product: We loved this trip.

19-Nov-2012

Viva Cuba

Service rating : Sales person didn't seem too clued up and kept getting pricing wrong.
Product: We assume it's good but haven't been on the holiday yet !