The Adventure Company Reviews

Consumer ratings of The Adventure Company

Feedback for www.adventurecompany.co.uk/ has been compiled from 1170 Customer Reviews

• 13/11/2012
  • Adventure holidays are our speciality. We create exciting worldwide adventure tours and itineraries for everyone, from big families to solo adults. Our small group trips let you explore unfamiliar places, trek through incredible mountain scenery, get active and enjoy the local culture. Be inspired and join us on your next adventure holiday

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/
20-Feb-2013

Active Arctic and the Northern Lights

Nick was excellent, good links with activities in Kiruna (White Trail Adventures)
I liked the Ice Hotel - very novell

Active Arctic and the Northern Lights

Service rating : .. but with many reservations. Detailed comments emailed to David Phillips - am awaiting a response.
Product: ditto as above.

Active Arctic and the Northern Lights

Service rating : the paperwork they sent said it included an up to date Trip Notes which included costs of food and drink in the destination to give an idea of how much to budget, there was no mention of costs of anything in any paper work that i received.
Product: it was a very busy trip, i enjoyed everyday and am so grateful that we were able to borrow extra clothes and boots from the local company there for the whole weekend, especially for the night viewing. the tour expert was very willing to help the novices out, had a good sense of humour and tried to answer our queries. it was not a good idea though to book such a big group of people onto one table in the restaurants. we should have gone in smaller groups at staggered times.

Active Arctic and the Northern Lights

Service rating : The assistants on the phones are all very friendly and helpful. There were some admin mistakes re my email address (my booking being sent a few times to an old email address I had had two years ago) but I understand, at the time of my booking, the system was being converted so that might explain the inefficiency.
Product: An interesting trip. I think however that the tour leader could have advised more and done more regarding the one free day we had. No particular help was given to enable us to make a decision in advance of the day and, as I had never been to Sweden before, I didn't have a clue as to what might be interesting. I ended up doing nothing o n the free day. The only people who ended up doing something on the free day had booked a day trip in advance from England before setting off.
Additionally, I think the dog sledding (which was fantastic) and the snow mobiling (fun) should have been shorter. It was -26C and 2 hours either way to lunch on a dog sled sitting still was ridiculously cold - some thought should have been given to reducing the time bearing in mind the extreme weather.
At the end of the trip the group decided we wanted to share our email addresses with each other and so the Tour Leader made a list and said he would distribute them when we got back. We arrived back a week ago and we still have not had the list of emails.
Aside from the above it was a fantastic trip and we got to see the Northern Lights. The dog sledding was an absolute delight (albeit too long in that cold).