OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 5884 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Palau Silk Lampshade (50cm) - Sage

• Portree Mirror (84x114cmH) - Ebony/Black
  • Upton Console Table - Black/Weathered Oak

Service rating : Very helpful. Delivery was delayed twice and had to chase
Product: Replaced with the red version

Carambola Leaf Lamp & Drum Shade - Silver/Natural

Service rating : Max 5 days to deliver? It's the 11th day and I am still waiting
Product: I have not received it

Laurel Half-Tester

I would have liked instructions on how to have made and FIT the curtain to the tester.
It is shown with the curtain at the back, how is this fitted with the tester so close to the wall ???

Urbino Half-Tester - Antique Gold

One has arrived broken. i've just got back from holiday and only had time to unpack one of them so not sure about the other one yet as am away again until next week. Will let you know and could you let me know what to do about the broken one please?

Kraak Deep Bowl Large (27cm Dia) - Blue

• Rattan Paper Napkin Basket
  • Rattan Low Delta Box Small

Always pleasant and helpful, even if I was fussed about delivery here in Italy and wanted to have my tracking number, in case there were problems. In the end delivery was prompt and trouble-free.

Rivoli Folding Chair - Antique Grey

Service rating : Excellent service
Product: Lovely chair actually putting it into a bedroom with a nice cushion on - brilliant price in the sale,

Camargue Chair - Linen Grey

• Camargue Chair Cushion Cover with Piping - Oatmeal
  • Duck Feather Cushion Pad for Camargue Chair

No follow up when promised no call. Ask when promised . Staff member didn't leave any details with colleagues on his day off . Not really impressed with in store service at all. Not very friendly and a a little aloof.

Upholstered Headboard Double

I ordered a number of items of furniture and soft furnishings. I booked a date for delivery; that worked fine for a large single item but I thought that all the furniture would arrive together, not in a number of separate deliveries over a couple of weeks. I would have appreciated better information on what would be in each delivery.

Spindle Back Chair and Pad - Weathered Oak

• Radnor Dresser - Weathered Oak

Service rating : I had a mixed experience. Tere were two problems. One was that the online service did not have the same stock as the shop I had visited and then each shop seemed independent from the others, which meant I was expected to ring round until I located the items I wanted. It took three phone calls to track down the items. This was time consuming for me and inefficient, and might have put me off if I had not been so keen to purchase the items. The other problem was with the carriers who kept offering me slots which I had to either accepts or decline, without being able to negotiate a time to suit me. This was done by phone so was also time consuming as I kept having to ring them back. Email would be much more efficient. Every time I declined a delivery date I had to wait to be offered an alternative. I was finally given a date I could manage, but the time was subsequently shunted forward by one hour and we then received a call from the driver saying he would be arriving yet another hour earlier. We had to put him off, which he was not happy about. This is important as OKA offer free returns if you do not like the goods on delivery, which means we both wanted to be in to receive the consignment.
Product: Nice big chair. Looks good with our refectory table but could be too high and wide for a smaller table. Reasonably comfortable though the spindles tend to dig into the back a little when sitting for a long time. The design of this and the oak dresser I bought at the same time is very elegant though I would prefer a less obviously distressed look.

19-Aug

Beluga Pot - Large (10cmDiax14cmH)

Service rating : Always excellent
Product: Quality definitely down since I bought my first one, also bought 2 taupe shagreen placemats, and the quality of these also down. Backing coming off one already and the other looks as if the veneer is creased

Octagon Side Table - Large

Justin at the Broadway shop had a wonderful manner and was extremely helpful.

'Delphinium' Stem - Dark Blue

• Faux Delphinium Stem - Cream
  • Mini Faux Sweet Pea Churn (8.25x25cmH)

Service rating : All in all I am very pleased with the Customer Service, will certainly Order again
Product: I am very impressed with the artificial Delphinium, it Looks so much like the real one

The French Quarter Fireguard

• Faux Bunch of Delphiniums - Multi

Service rating : The customer service from the team at Oka is fantastic
Product: It was a lovely Fireguard however it was too large for our fireplace

Jet Table - Rubbed Black

Delayed product, staff that didn't know what they were doing, and a sense of not caring or bothering to help.

Singita Hurricane Lamp

This item was delivered very quickly.

Rivulet Console Table - Antique Silver Leaf

Service rating : Far too much reliance on their 3rd party suppliers for continuing their customer service when it comes to post sales care. I had a lot of problems with the delivery company (something Direct limited) and when I rang OKA to complain/get some form of an escalation going, they didn't want to know. For a company that charges a small fortune for imported goods from China, you'd think they'd want to take better care of their customers - sadly not. Just interested in getting your money and to hell with customer care
Product: Table is wonky and not as described in advertising

Pleated Linen Shade (40cmDiax28cmH) - Off White

Service rating : Always so helpful
Product: Bought one earlier liked so much bought another one for my other lamp

Astrid Headboard King - Flannel Grey

Service rating : Good delivery service.
Product: It's a lovely headboard. Although I am slightly disappointed as it looks a lot darker than I expected and so I will have to paint it a lighter colour. I do think it should be re photographed to show it more truthfully.

Faux Bunch of Delphiniums - Multi

• Faux Bunch of Multicoloured Stocks
  • Dahlia Bunch Mixed - Multicoloured

Service rating : Been using Oka for years and the service has always been good, helpful and prompt.
Product: Useful for years to come. Lovely colours. Just remember that these sold as a bunch are shorter than the singe stem delphiniums, but they are a good size and work really well.

Aquila Bedside Table - Distressed Silver Grey

• Gunnebo Single Chest of Drawers - Nordic White

very helpful and friendly service from the team at abingdon

Anastasia Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Rubellite/Amber Piping

The level of service is generally low. The company does not stick to the delivery dates shown on website. Customer service has not a policy of replying systematically to e-mails.

Anastasia Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Ruby/Sapphire Piping

Delivery and packaging excellent

Tendril Love Seat - Metal

• Sanganeeri Lamp & Cotton Shade - Sea Blue/Off White

Service rating : Prompt and very helpful
Product: Unusual but lovely

17-Aug-2015

Kingsize High Rise Headboard & Cotton Cover - Oatmeal

As always I had excellent service from the OKA team.

17-Aug-2015