OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 3748 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Crimson Red

Service rating : very pleasant shop assistants
Product: beautiful

Cinderella Teapot

• Ghost Tea Cups and Saucers - Set Of Four
  • Short Wave Jug

Service rating : Excellent customer service, the items arrived very quickly and the packaging was fantastic, no chance of anything arriving damaged or broken. I was kept up to date with the whole process and have had no problems what so ever. I'd definitely use OKA again and have recommended them to my friends and family.
Product: I love it and it looks great out on display, I have not used it yet but I'm happy just to sit and look at it as it's so beautiful.

'Peony Duchesse de Nemours'Stem-White(two flowers&

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (46cmSq)

Service rating : I like Oka - they provide good service, you can be confident about the quality - no quibbles pick-up returns, respond to emails quickly and efficiently.
Product: These are stunningly beautiful - far better quality than you can buy in the shops, and very competitively priced too.

Empire Shade Linen (36cmDiax20cmH) - Natural Linen

• Rattan Delta Umbrella Basket
  • Fairfax Basket Small - Brown

I am always pleased with your company, very efficient service.

Plain Linen Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Eau de Nil

• Wide Woven StripeCushCover(51cmSq)-OffW/Eau De Nil
  • StringaStripeLinenCushionCovr(60x35cm)-Washed Rose

Very good.

Versailles Mirror - Large

• Versailles Console - Small

The order was placed on your website but the discount code although entered did not activate the reduction in price. I had to then contact you to rectify this and until the visa statement has been received I do not know if this has happens.

Also a delivery date was given but not until the morning was a given an approximate delivery time. This is not acceptable as it gives little opportunity to be available to take delivery as I work full time. Delivery men were requested to unpack the items, this service was not offered but were not willing to spend an extra couple of minutes to assemble the console table. This was very different to a delivery taken of the same item some 18 months earlier where the item was delivered, unpacked and assembled by very friendly delivery staff.

Library Shelves 7 Flat - Dove Grey

Service rating : Excellent customer service - staff very helpful when I rang their showroom, providing all the measurements I needed. I was kept advised of delivery beforehand and on the day. Delivery men were very polite and particularly helpful when they had to carry the bookcases quite someway down a footpath before they reached my front door!
Product: Very happy with the product - it's taken me years to find just the right bookcase and these are perfect !

Standing Space Lamp - Chrome

• Rectangular Shade Cotton (15x30x23cmH) - Off White
  • Rectangular Shade Cotton (15x30x23cmH) - White

Service rating : Helpful & timely delivery
Product: Delightful slimline lamp suitable for traditional or minimalist furnishing. Liked so much bought two!

Saltire Low Table Square - Lichen Grey

Service rating : All very straightforward and delivery time was as expected, with good packaging of side tables.
Product: Slightly greyer than I'd hoped, but generally happy.

Drum Shade Cotton (26cmDiax15cmH) - White

Service rating : It would be helpful to be advised ofr an order is going to be split. Not a criticism
Product: First class

Wooden Curtain Pole (1.5m) - Light Acorn

• Wooden Curtain Pole (2m) - light Acorn
  • Chrome Finials

I returned the items, bought accidentally to Oka Direct (Parsons Green) on Wednesday, 2nd of July.. The cashier didn't give me a receipt for returning it, and no confirmation that the items have indeed been returned. The cashier said she will send me an email to confirm, but no such email has been received. I'm still waiting the confirmation or my money back.

05-Jul-2014

Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDia23cmH) - White

I was disappointed with delay in supply . Shade was ordered about two months ago but could not be supplied until late May and arrived in June . Quality is good as with all my purchases from OKA .At least I was not charged until goods dispatched

05-Jul-2014

Rattan CD Box

• Rattan Storage Box

Service rating : Always. Just a small point. I need a footstool, you have the one with very pale fabric on sale, and a need darker brown. Its frustrating to see the very thing you want, but dare not buy. This is my Sight-Impairment, and the worry of stains etc. ruining it quite quickly. It would be good if there were a choice of colour in the sale. But I guess you reduce the ones that aren't selling!
Product: It is great to have what can be boring practical-storage. These are handsome, and don't ruin my decor.

Plain Twisted Wine Glasses large - Set of 4

Good

Mermaid Jug - White

• The Boy with the Red Turban Lamp
  • Drum Shade Linen (20cmDia) - Natural Linen

Service rating : Returned lamp and shade the same day by parcel force, arranged by customer service. However refund not yet come through.
Product: Beautiful piece. Fantastic value.

Drum Shade Linen (45cmDia) - Natural Linen

Packaging was completely OTT. Huge box full to the brim with polystyrene beads- I filled two bin bags with them - it was a nightmare job, they got everywhere !
Large bubble wrap would be better- think of poor people struggling to dispose of all this stuff !

Elephant Lamp - Bronze

• Rectangular Shade Linen (27cmx16cmH) - Nat Linen

Service rating : Despite the disappointment of having to return my purchase I found the customer service I received excellent .
Product: Having purchased the same lamp a few years ago and being really impressed by its quality I ordered another to make up a pair .Unfortunately on arrival the new lamp was totally inferior quality to my first purchase .Just comparing the two side by side you could easily have thought they were two different lamps as the finish was totally different and the base half the weight of my original purchase . This is not the lamp illustrated in the Oka web site /brochure and just by comparing the two you could easily see which one was worth the £220 .On returning the item I was told Oka are know using another supplier which is a shame as this new product is a far inferior quality to my original purchase .

Coromandel Quilt double - Oatmeal Emblem

Service rating : Very efficient delivery
Product: Lovely quality and perfect size for superking bed

*REDUCED*Conference Chair - Tobacco Brown

• *REDUCED* Sophia Dining Table - Linen Grey

Service rating : I am very sad to say OKA is one of the nicest shops for furniture but they have huge supplier problems. We ordered a table with 8 chairs with them because another store told us they would take 12-14 weeks.

So we explained the situation and they told us how great they are because they understand costumers needs items quickly, etc.

So we bought these beautiful furniture from them. Three weeks later we were emails saying our items would not be there on 1st of july but on the 20th of September so we called to complaints. They told us it had been an error in the system and that we would get everything as normal.

One week later we were emailed again and they told us things would be further delay till October!!! We called again saying we didn't understand since we had been told everything would be ok.. they said they did not know why were told that, but sadly our furniture would be delayed by 2.5 months!!!!!! 2.5 months!!!

They tried to say their furniture came from far east .. but we found it crazy.

Then they offer to give us some replacement furniture till we got ours. Which we accepted.

But then we received another call by someone else saying things would get further delayed.

That's when we decided to cancel our order.
You cannot trust a shop that delays your order three time.

SOOO.. do not buy from you know furniture can be delivers in 5 days!
Product: We didn't need it ... this items would have been a replacement

Desert Fox Faux Fur Throw (150x200cm) - Grey

Service rating : Easy and efficient service
Product: This is the second one I've bought

03-Jul-2014

Embroidered Vegetable Napkins Set of 6

Service rating : Very good service, we needed these items very quickly and OKA did not let us down!
Product: These napkins were a present for a relative in Canada. She absolutly loves them but then we knew she would as your products are beautifully made and of excellent quality.

Emilion Lamp - Blue Tourmaline

Service rating : Although the company they used to deliver the 2nd vase were meant to collect the first and they didn't. I have e-mailed Oka and have yet to have a response.
Product: The 1st lamp I received was marked and I was sent a 2nd very promptly, but still the overall quality was poor for the price.

Beauvais Bedside Table - Dove Grey

Service rating : After e mailing with complaint, Oka rang and offered to replace the items and arranged pick up for return of the 2 tables. Good, efficient service.
Product: Really disappointed the bedside table was not as nice as the illustration. Looked like paint had been dragged over the surface and the drawer did not fit well. Ordered 2 and got one dove grey and one a completely different colour and style. Returned them.

Sanganeeri Lamp

While placing my order online, I couldn't get one of the last steps to complete. Finally I called customer service and the order was put through - later. I received a message that shipping to the US would be 30 pounds per item not a flat rate, asking if I still wanted the 2 lamps if I had to pay 60 pounds for shipping. I called again to say OK and also to ask about the actual price of the lamps for US delivery without VAT. A much smaller amount than the actual VAT had been deducted. The customer service rep said, oh, my goodness, "you're right! I'll fix it." If I hadn't brought it up I would have been charged over 25 pounds too much. I believe OKA's site states shipping costs to the US in an unclear way and doesn't give VAT info. I'm sure it is difficult to estimate shipping to the US but now I have no idea what it would cost for me to buy a small table - 30 pounds or whatever I'm told after I order it? The pair of lamps arrived in one parcel, at a lower postage cost than 60 pounds.

Drum Shade Linen (45cmDia) - Natural Linen