OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 3899 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Walnut

Service rating : Delivery timing was very good.
Product: Good design, but dislike solid rather than caned seat. Purchased four chairs from promotion brochure, wish had seen and examined them.The resin in the padding is extremely strong smelling and affects breathing for asthmatics.

Tatiana Cushion Cover- Ruby/Graphite Print(51cmSq)

• Tatiana Cushion Cover(51cmSq)-Turquoise/Gold Print

Service rating : Fine
Product: wrong colour, returned it

'Sweet Peas' Bunch

• Summer Garden Bunch - Multicoloured

the quality is excellent - just what I expected of OKA!

Astrid Headboard King - Swedish Blue

delighted with product and delivery went smoothly however it is very frustrating to receive an email the morning of your expected delivery for which you have paid delivery charges to find oka offering free delivery that very same day. As a regular customer it does not encourage me to buy from oka.

Wooden Bowl Small

• Tissue Box Cover

All fine except OTT packaging. Huge box filled with tons of plastic wrap.

Camargue Chair - Weathered Oak

• Duck Feather Cushion Pad for Camargue Chair

Service rating : Always very helpful and friendly
Product: We use these all the time!

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Dirty Orange

Service rating : Ok
Product: Good shade of orange

Cardoon Candle Holder Small (20cmDia27cmH) - White

OKA have a fantastic customer service department - nothing is too much trouble.
I shall certainly use them again.

Cardoon Candle Holder Small (20cmDia27cmH) - White

Marrakech Plate

fast delivery, well packaged

• Saltire Coffee Table Lichen Grey
  • Saltire TV Console - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Ordered by phone and the service was excellent. Received a prompt email confirming my order and the waiting time for items to be back in stock. Also the delivery men were fantastic. Took all boxes and wrapping and even took their shoes off when entering my home! Thank you Oka, will be ordering again.
Product: Very pleased with the coffee tables. Love the design and the colour is a lovely earthy grey. Glad I bought them in the sale with free delivery as it made them a very good buy.

Faux 'Fur' Cushion Cover & Pad (100x70cm) - Leopard Print

There was some delay in delivery because although the web-site said the item was in stock, it wasn't and the item had to be sourced from one of the stores.

Saltire Low Square Table - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Very prompt delivery.
Product: Very attractive and useful side tables for sofa.

Saltire Low Square Table - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Very quick and easy and the ladies in the shop couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Very happy overall and will definitely order more.
Product: Loved it. So sad to hear you're discontinuing the range, I can only afford a bit at a time!

Songshi Vase

It took a little too long to be delivered and we were not kept informed of when it would be delivered.

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (60x35cm)- Blood Orange

Service rating : always great
Product: lovely cushion - thanks

• Shelbourne Throw - Red
  • Pair of Salt & Pepper Dishes

Service rating : Excellent customer service both in store and by telephone. I would definitely buy from OKA again and fully recommend them.
Product: Very good quality material, and a beautiful colour that goes well with dark wood furniture.

Pompidou Side Table - Small

I told delivery would be between 3 and 6 pm. It was at 7AM.

Chester 3-Seater Sofa - Natural Linen

The delivery team were extremely nice and resourceful - the sofa was long and getting it through a door and round a corner was going to be nearly impossible. So they went through the garden, down a path with hydrangea blooms blocking the way and through the French doors. It took them a few minutes and no broken flowerheads ... brilliant. I had asked in advance if it would be possible for them to deliver my old sofa to a friend 5 minutes drive from me. Again this was carried out with quiet efficiency. All very impressive. Many thanks

Gustavian Sofa Side Table - Buttermilk

Service rating : Ordering on the website was a bad experience , firstly not knowing whether the gods had been ordered and secondly contradictory and confusing messages about goods still in the basket . Eventually got through to care line which was on overflow and the person I talked to could not answer any of my queries and promised a all back with in 1 hour which did not happen . Several calls followed each one not knowing that the issue had been resolved . A poorly designed order process and not joined up at all !!
Product: Bought 6 and 1 was damaged and replaced

Chinoiserie Planter

• A Pair of Pugs
  • Songshi Vase

Service rating : Everyone is helpful and efficient, a pleasure to deal with.
Product: Quite large, but very well made, feels good quality.

Pompidou Console Large - Brown

As usual, efficient and friendly service!

Lavenham Armchair - Ecru

• Haydon Swivel Armchair - Slate Blue Linen

Service rating : Very straightforward tho The delivery did try to give me a console table - the label had slipped off!
Product: The self assembly was fairly easy but one of the bolts did not fit & the bolt head was mangled as I tried to turn it with the key

17-Aug

Rattan Square Storage Basket

• The Corazon Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Green
  • Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Service rating : it was very friendly but also professional
Product: But it appeared from the illustration that it slid easily in and out of the tv shelving unit I purchased earlier - in fact it's quite a tight squeeze.

Linen Cover For Echo Chair- Natural Monogram

Service rating : Excellent service as always from Oka
Product: Beautiful covers. Exceptionally well made, although shame they are dry clean only!

Beauvais Bedside Table - Buttermilk

Service rating : Could not fault your service.
Product: We expected good quality. We got it!

Basketweave 24-Piece Cutlery Set

Service rating : I ordered 2 sets. One set arrived quickly. I phoned to ask about the second set, and was told that they were out of stock, and more were coming, and would be sent to me soon. The second set arrived about 3 weeks after the initial order.
Not perfect, but Customer services were on the ball, courteous, and accurate.
Product: They seem well made; quite light, but that's fine so long as they are strong enough, which they seem to be. The resin basketweave appearance is attractive, and like most resin products, very detailed and realistic; and far more practical of course.
The knives are serrated, which suits me well.

Drum Shade Linen (35cmDia) - Natural Linen

Service rating : Well packed and promptly delivered.
Product: Replacements for old - perfect.

Naïve Cockerel

Service rating : Dispatch was very quick ; packaging was excellent. I wish the horse were cheaper so that I could buy it for my first grandchild in the autumn - Year of the Horse - as I appreciated the cockerel so much...
Product: As a French person I had spotted this lovely cockerel for a long time but the price was a bit extravagant for me (like for one of the horses...). With the sale I could (just) indulge myself and I do not regret a thing ! Many thanks.

Empire Card Shade (56cmDiax31cmH) - Cream

Service rating : Very prompt
Product: Nice shape but looks cheap

Basketweave 24-Piece Cutlery Set

Service rating : I am very pleased with it
Product: It is perfectly useful for everyday use

Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Blue

Purchased pouch in sale for my smart phone. P&p was almost the same price - but OKA didn't apply it. Many thanks for common sense approach!

Verdi Water Jug - Green

• Radnor Two-Tiered Side Table - Weathered Oak

Service rating : Problem being dealt with
Product: Well packaged

Plain Velvet Cushion Cvr(51cmSq)-Gainsborough Blue

Very friendly and efficient service

Saltire TV Stand - Ebony Brown

The delivery documents make no mention of a charge of £50 for a return of goods. The delivery documents require returned goods to be in the delivered packing. GREAT IDEA. Why dont you tell your delivery people who unwrap and leave the house a.s.a.p., before me , the customer has a chance to see how the piece will fit in the room? My wife has been in touch with OKA on numerous occasions in connections with the £50. charge. I am a lawyer. Ihave grave doubts as to wether you can take £50 from her debit card without that being referred to on the purchase documents. I am contacting the local trading standards department.

Saltire TV Console - Lichen Grey

Delivery charges to the Isle of Man were exorbitant at 285 pounds luckily I researched my own carrier who charged me 65 pounds . I have suggested that you make a list up of phone numbers and names of carriers to the Island and else where

Drum Shade Cotton (30cmDiax17cmH) - White

Service rating : My orders arrived very promptly and in excellent condition. Thank you.
Product: I'm very pleased with the two shades I bought, which give my lamps and decor a more contemporary look. The price is very reasonable, especially compared to prices in general in the marketplace.

Zian Wastepaper Bin

• Florya Mugs - Set of Four

Service rating : Never changes
Product: Lovely

Faux Mop Head Hydrangeas Bunch

Service rating : Fine
Product: these were a present for my daughter who lives abroad where fresh flowers are insect attractors !! They look marvellous in the pictures she has sent. Recommend two bunches - if you can afford it !

Repton Desk - Weathered Oak

Service rating : Arrived within 2 weeks and the delivery guys assembled it for free, a great service.
Product: Lovely desk, we love it!
Beware it's quite easy to scratch on the working surface, but we don't mind.
really pleased with this.

Parquet Console Table (160x50x85cm) - Recycled Elm

Service rating : I am now awaiting a call from OKA to decide how we proceed....
Product: Sadly this was the second time the same item had to be returned as the quality was not as high as expected, due to various blemishes

100% Linen Bed Valance King - Grey Blue

Service rating : great
Product: absolutely love it! really brings the room together

Lakai Lamp

The date I was originally given was postponed by 2 months, then without any warning the package arrived at the end of only (!) one month delay at a period when I could not arrange for someone to be home. I like the products very much but I can't encourage to shop online...

12-Aug

Mitsuko Console Small - Black High Gloss

Service rating : Prompt delivery, good couriers.
Product: Bought a pair of Mitsuko tables at the reduced price. This was a fair price for the quality. The tables look great in the alcoves, with lamps and objet d'art. I always look for reduced prices with OKA as I find original prices somewhat ambitious

Berber Lamp - Ochre

Service rating : It took about 10 weeks to arrive and it would have been good to have been kept aware of the delays!!
Product: Stunning lamp.

Ashmolean Shelf Small (90x28x83cmH) - Undercoat

Service rating : Good thank you
Product: Seems fine and what I expected after seeing it in the shop

11-Aug

Frieze Carving - Small (42x15x45cmH)

Hassle free service.

Stonewashed Linen Tablecloth (250x150) - Turquoise

Service rating : Goods arrived quickly.
Product: Glorious colour, nice weight fabric. Hemming not very tidy. Washes well, have been ironing it slightly. Shame matching napkins no longer available. Pleased with my purchase at a bargain sale price.

Florya Mugs - Set of Four

Service rating : Brilliant!
Product: Love the design but they fill up water in dishwasher -silly me!

11-Aug-2014
Lovely but expensive

11-Aug-2014
Lovely but expensive

Pair- Prints" Une Cathedrale Et" & "Une Eglise" 1

Service rating : Very good.
Product: Look very good just what I was expecting. Thank you.

Low Echo Plain Cotton Chair Cover - Off-White

Service rating : did not contact Customer service
Product: I bought these new covers for the Low echo chairs which I bought from Oka back in 2009 as the old covers needed replacing. These new ones are very different at the back ,with the old type you would fasten the back with velcro but the new ones have buttons and when fitted they are very tight and there is a gap between the buttons, the fabric is nice even if is only dry cleanable but I wished that on the brochure they mentioned that the Echo chair measurements had changed in the last years as these covers are definitely for a much smaller chair.

14-Aug-2014
Since I wrote the review, someone from Oka got in touch with me very quickly . It appears that the new covers I ordered where for a chair which looks very similar to the one I have but is not identical as they do make my chair anymore. The two young women I spoke to in Customer Service were exceptionally kind and helpful , they went out of their way to make me feel valued even if I was the one who had made the mistake ! Needless to say I will not hesitate to use Oka again.

Compiegne Cushion (51cmSq)

Service rating : Extremely quick
Product: Perfect. On line colour was an excellent representation.

Sheherezade Quilt - Pale Blue

Service rating : Always excellent.
Product: Beautiful quilt but wrong colour for our scheme. Good service as always.

Gunnebo Side Table -Nordic White

Service rating : they were nice to me at the collection depot
Product: A bit cheaper looking than I thought, especially at the price, but it is ok. Not good, but then not poor. You should have an option "OK".

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Pale Oak

Service rating : Customer service dealt with the problem extremely efficiently
Product: Some damage to the goods

Saltire TV Console - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Ordered over the phone and they were very helpful.
Product: Good quality and I like it but for the price I wouldn't rate it excellent, it was expensive for what it is.

Triomphe Tripod Table

Service rating : Very happy
Product: Quite expensive for its simple construction and although well packaged the top of the first was broken. A replacement was sorted quickly and efficiently.

Rectangular Shade Cotton (35x15x22cmH) - Off White

Service rating : great
Product: great

Sash Mirror (95x130cmH) - Taupe

Service rating : Excellent communication.
Product: Lovely mirror. Excellent quality.

Gunnebo Side Table -Nordic White

Service rating : Efficient delivery from Milton Keynes to Cornwall.
Product: Very pleased with them and they are perfect bedside tables in the master bedroom of our holiday home.

Hellas Cushion Cover - Blue/White

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (46cmSq)

Service rating : Usual excllenet standard of service from OKA, Harrogate
Product: Beautiful covers which look exactly as we hoped!

Rectangular Shade Cotton (35x15x22cmH) - White

Service rating : swift delivery and good communication from my local shop, informing of product arrivl at that branch
Product: product was exactly as described and in perfect condition

10-Aug

• Stonewashed Linen Tablecloth (250x150) - Turquoise
  • Driftwood Candle Holder Low/Wide

Service rating : All ordered on-line and delivered quickly.
Product: Perfect little side table for our seaside holiday home.

10-Aug

Stonewashed Linen Tablecloth (250x150) - Turquoise

Service rating : They arrived quickly after ordering on-line. thank you.
Product: Love the colour and although not tried yet, am pleased with them.

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Pale Oak

They were always most helpful and courteous in a difficult situation. They did all they could to keep us informed.

Melanise Champagne Glasses Set of 6 - Ruby Red

• Halong Cup & Saucer
  • Pondecherry Linen Valance Super King

Customer Service always very helpful. I know this as my last 3 OKA orders have gone wrong so I have had occasion to contact them often ! Having said that I do love the OKA products I have managed to purchase after sorting out the difficulties with those 3 different orders.

Saltire TV Console - Ebony Brown

Service rating : Delivery was efficiently and effectively organised
Product: This piece of furniture combines design quality with manufacturing quality very effectively indeed

• Duck Feather Cushion Pad for Camargue Chair

Service rating : Didn't have to use it
Product: One was slightly damaged at the top

Miscellaneous

Service rating : Helpful staff and immediate refund.
Product: All five camargue chairs damaged.

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Painted Limestone

Service rating : Excellent. We changed our order from the original one we placed and customer service were most helpful
Product: Perfect we are delighted with the chairs

Portman Velvet Ottoman - Mole Brown

Service rating : The customer services answered the line quickly and were helpful in cancelling our order. I was disappointed that we were not refunded the full amount and still had to pay the £30 delivery charge despite no delivery attempt ever taking place. I would buy from Oka again but I will only go in store from now on.
Product: We decided to cancel our online purchase because we had found another item we preferred in store.

Sukhothai Lamp - Jade

• Siam Lamp - Coral
  • Short Wave Tumblers - Set of Six

I think, at least with the bigger items, that you need to provide free pick up service when something hasn't worked out and needs to be returned. I think you charge enough money to be able to offer that. I will not buy anything large-ish from you again because of the hassle of returning things (and the exorbitant fee for a pick up)

Berber Lamp - Ochre

Service rating : Excellent friendly and informative service from the staff who contacted me frequently with update as to when the items would be in stock for perusal and collection. Cannot fault the service.
Product: Ordered two Berber lamps by telephone and collected from store when items back in stock. Extremely pleased with the Berber Lamps. Good quality items.

08-Aug

Azzurro Cotton Fabric (225cmW) - Blue (old width)

Service rating : My order came promptly and well wrapped --hassle free! Customer service always good.
Product: Very good value and just what I wanted for blinds for my bedroom.

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Pale Oak

Service rating : Delivery was slower than expected - no e mail or updates to explain or state expected delivery date.
Product: Lovely chairs

Service rating : Staff very helpful
Delivery to store could have been quicker.
Product: Superb quality

Empire Shade Linen (46cmDia) - Natural Linen

Service rating : I have ordered a sofa,lamps and shades in the last few months. I am very unimpressed by the service. One order got lost in the system. Then 2 lots got sent out and I had to return one set of shades. The Manon sofa will have taken over 6 months to arrive with 3 delays. I always have to ring to find out, when delivery will be. No-one ever contacts me. The lamps have been delayed too by several weeks. All disappointing and frustrating.
Product: Still waiting for shades, so can't comment.

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Walnut

Service rating : As above
Product: The eventual products were good, however the delay in delivery which I was not warned or kept up to date about, not good. Even worse was that then 2 of the 4 were damaged and had to be returned.

Stork Lamp - Chrome

• Egret Lamp - Chrome
  • Drum Shade Linen (25cmDia) - Natural Linen

First attempt to ship failed spectacularly. Shipment appeared to have gone missing. Then a second shipment was sent but this took a long time to arrive. All in all a very poor show

Florya Mugs - Set of Four

• Esme Mug - Purple
  • Esme Mug - Red

Glass Hurricane Lamp/Vase - Small

• The Avid Reader Bookends

I thought it ridiculous to send my order in three separate parcels shortly after another, all needing signing for. There was such a waste of packaging and delivery time. No wonder the delivery charge is high. I think this could be lowered by more careful planning.

Saltire Low Square Table -Ebony/Brown

• Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Walnut

Helpful staff with immediate refund.

Melanise Champagne Glasses Set of 6 - Ruby Red

• Pair of Salt & Pepper Dishes

Service rating : Excellent customer service. Superfast delivery, prompt email responses and immediate replacement for damaged products. A*.
Product: Not quite the quality I had anticipated, but good for the price.

Change Purse - Paprika

• Halong Small Rectangular Dish
  • Halong Cup & Saucer

I quality of my little purse was very good, however, the quality of the Halong products
was poor in my opinion.

Saltire Single Bookcase - Lichen Grey

• Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Walnut

Service rating : Always excellent.
Product: Perfect addition to the dining room.

Gustavian Sofa Side Table - Buttermilk

Service rating : Good communication re delivery instructions which were followed through. Item arrived very well packed although box itself was damaged in transit. See above comments re my phonecall to CS.
Product: Lovely side table bought in the sale. So useful. Niggle however- this is the 2nd table I have purchased as i was so pleased with the 1st one I bought last year in the same sale. However I can't understand why, when the original selling price remained the same as last year, I had to pay £11 more for the table this year? I did phone to enquire but CS operator didn't know and didn't offer to take it any further on my behalf. I'd still like to know please!

Kyoto Side Table - Ebony/Brown

Service rating : Kept well informed of progress and tables delivered as promised.
Product: Excellent quality. Will keep looking at OKA for other things!

Kraakware Napkins - Set of Four (50cmSq) - Blue/White Cotton Embroidered

Service rating : Was advised of delay in despatch and received goods earlier than expected
Product: Does what it says on the box

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Pale Sage

• Peronne Cushion Cover (51cmSq)
  • Berkeley Throw (180x140cm) - Pale Grey

excellent - as always thank you

Samsara Print Set of Three Box Files - Blackberry

• Paisley Print A4 Lever Arch File - Multi

Excellent service - wish it could be safely delivered without quite so much packaging - such a waste and hard to dispose of.

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Pale Oak

Service rating : arrived at the expected time well packaged
Product: really good and sturdy

English Garden Roses Bunch- Multicoloured

Service rating : Efficient
Product: Strong colours

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Painted Limestone

A chair arrived broken. I called customer services - it took ages for the phone to be answered. When I eventually spoke to someone they said you didn't have any replacement chairs and there was little that could be done. Which was a shame as I had bought a full set. I then took photos of the broken chair and sent them to the customer service email as discussed with the person I spoke to on the phone. I NEVER received a reply to the email. I then took it upon myself to call Oka on Fulham Road and found out that they did have a replacement chair for me. I then went in and changed it over myself. The staff at Fulham Road were good, but the online Customer Service team were awful.

Petworth Dining Table - French Walnut

The item was damaged and we are still waiting for a replacement

Soap Single in Box 125g - Ginger Lily

Service rating : Easy to use website prompt delivery
Product: Smooth lather delicious scent

07-Aug

The Mullion Cushion Cover (51cmSq)

• Bamboo Echo Chair Cover - Duck Egg
  • Echo Dining Chair - Dark Wood Legs

Can't be faulted

Town Table - Bay

Still waiting for it to be delivered as dates specified, as we work, have not been suitable. Have requested a specific date but told they cannot guarantee that and have consequently turned down several dates hoping the one I want comes up. Not great.

Stonewashed Linen Napkins Set of 4 - Raspberry

Service rating : rang to speak to an advisor - the gentleman was very short in tone and rude!
Product: colour was lovely and boxed was nice, however moved around in the box

Repton Desk - Weathered Oak

Service rating : Delivery time very convenient
Product: Just what I had been looking for, but you do not have a suitable chair for the desk?