OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 3763 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Pasha Bowl

• Pasha Side Plate
  • Pasha Plate

Service rating : Very good service, order arrived on time and on perfect condition
Product: Lovely bowls, will be used for breakfast and many other occasions

Karmana Rug (248x310cm)

Service rating : Very quick and efficient service
Product: I wouldn't describe it as 'red white and blue' which is how I believe it was described on the website (and which the room pictures seemed to confirm) - it's actually red black and sand - but it's a good rug for the price.

Sintra Pottery Milk Jug - Spume

• Melanise Champagne Glasses Set of 6 - Ruby Red
  • Melanise Wine Glasses set of 6 - Onyx

Service rating : I think you staff at Froxfield are suffering in that every time I but from Oka/take back to Oka the staff at this shop all have problems with the technology. Although all are very helpful there appears to be confusions as to how to give credit notes, enormous amount of discussion and time take as to whether an online purchase falls into qualifying for a credit on the card used as opposed to a credit note. Often a number of other staff are brought into the debate and eventually (20 minutes) a resolution occurs. I do think you should look at this.
Product: flawed as had a mark under the glazing - should have been picked up by quality control.

Saltire TV Stand - Lichen Grey

Service rating : The service was excellent--delivered very quickly and they kept me informed as to when. delivery man very polite and helpful--unpacked the item and took the packaging with him
Product: Very good quality product--even nicer than in the photo! Great colour, very well made--great value!

Peronne Cushion Cover (51cmSq)

Service rating : Arrived quickly, well packed.
Product: As previous reviewer said, cushion covers differ in colour intensity.
If it is an issue, order more, choose matching, return not suitable.

Saltire TV Console - Lichen Grey

The delivery team were excellent, and very happy to assist in removing all packaging etc.

Shelbourne Throw - Red

Service rating : pleased that you use parcel force as others can never find our home
Product: very happy with the product but would have preferred 100% wool

Laurel Half-Tester

Order was placed online and on backorder. I was never contacted that item was in and waiting for me at shop, even though it had been paid for for over 2 months. When I called to see if item was at store (since I had been billed and the website showed the item was now in stock), the store could not find it and the item had to be reordered.

Faux Fur Pet Cushion Cover & Pad (80x60cm) - Leopard Print

Service rating : Only complaint is the size of box it was sent in It was huge mainly because of the stiff bed (see above) which they tried unsucessfully to fold in half, but it would have been better sent in a flat package - and cheaper to post
Product: Bit of a struggle to get the pad in the cover and the pad could have a softer filling. It feels like it is full of straw making a very rigid bed

28-Jul-2014
as above

Basketweave 24-Piece Cutlery Set

Excellent service from ordering to delivery. Thank you

Gustavian Bedside Table - Buttermilk

I am writing with reference to the delivery of another piece of furniture - a French style chest of drawers, purchased under the same name, but to be delivered to an address in Hammersmith. The piece was faulty but we did not notice for a few weeks. Two of the short legs were 'unstable' and not seated properly, and need to be seen by your 'workman' to see if he can solve the problem. It has taken some time, and two phone calls to OKA in Fulham Road to connect with your service people. Bythe time I left for my holiday, no-one had contacted me.
we received the pieceof furniture in May. I will be back in the UK on the 20th. August, and I would be grateful if you could contact me soon after that to arrange a service visit.
sincerely,
Rowena Winkler

Casement Cabinet - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Despite a problem with the delivery OKA sorted everything out well as soon as they knew the details. It is not just about how people do when all is going well, it is how they handle the occasional problem. OKA did very well!
Product: Excellent

Fringed Linen Napkins Set of Four - Mink

• Fringed Linen Table Cloth (150x250cm) - Mink

Service rating : Usually very good.
Product: As described

26-Jul

Saltire Two Bookcase Lichen Grey

• Saltire Low Square Table -Lichen Grey
  • Plain Twisted Tumblers tall x 6

Excellent service, will definitely recommend.

26-Jul

Melanise Wine Glasses set of 6 - Onyx

Service rating : cannot complain
Product: beautiful lucky I got at sale price!

25-Jul

Super King Bed with Drawers

• Upholstered Headboard Super King

Absolutely first class service in every respect from OKA. Staff at Fulham Road exceptional.

25-Jul

Saltire Two Bookcase Lichen Grey

Service rating : What customer service??
Product: Unfortunately I have not received it yet!!

24-Jul

Pillar Candle Medium (80x200mm)

I sent these as a wedding gift and sent direct to couple. It would have been great had I been able to add a message for them with the order. If you are sending to a different address from the purchaser perhaps there should be an option to send a message. I had to contact the couple to say that when the parcel arrived it was a gift from us. This particular present was NOT on their wedding list which I do know they had with you anyway.

Faux Ranunculus Flowers Bunch - Multi-Coloured

• Bunch of Faux Garden Roses - Multi

Even at sale prices some items are dreadfully overpriced. Beware!

Saltire TV Stand - Ebony Brown

Excellent and helpful delivery service, every effort was made to fit in with when I could be at home. Very much appreciated.

Timely and fine

Town Table - Bay

Service rating : Best customer service I have encountered - only niggle is the £30 price tag, but you do get what you pay for and it add to the feeling you have bought something special
Product: Excellent elegant item for my small flat. Delighted OKA still stocks this - I last bought one 4 years-ish ago - now I have a matching pair

Dervish Vase - Green

Service rating : Service always good
Product: Love it, larger than I thought but a great statement

Bryher Cube - Light Grey

Service rating : Delivered cubes at 7 am prompt but I was not warned it could be that early.
Product: Looks to be a satisfactory purchase

Saltire Three Bookcase Lichen Grey

Service rating : Oka informed me at every stage of delivery so that I knew to within half an hour when my order would arrive. The delivery staff were courteous and efficient.
Product: This bookcase fits into my kitchen/dining room perfectly and acts as a narrow console too meaning I have an extra surface on which to place a lamp and vase.
I like the subtle colour too which blends well with my Oka dining table.

Manali Quilt (260x215cm) - Multi

Service rating : Excellent as always - the girls swapped it over for a more suitable item.
Product: I bought this as it said it was machine washable. However it wouldn't fit in my standard washing machine.

Fast efficient service

Pleated Linen Shade (40cmDiax27.5cmH) - Off White

Service rating : After some initial problems with a member of staff which I addressed - I got very professional, efficient and good service. I will not hesitate to use OKA again as well as reccomending them to friends in Italy.
Thank you.
Product: Very nice and easy to fix on the lamp-base.

Driftwood Candle Holder Low/Wide

Service rating : No problem here
Product: Just a lovely candle holder, quite substantial in size, so we use it outside

Rattan Deep Carry

Service rating : My queries prior to purchase were answered promptly. Delivery was fast and the item was excellently packed with extra large bubble pack to protect the handle.
Product: This is much more attractive and far better made than the wicker cutlery carriers available from other firms. Admittedly it is much more expensive but the cost is worth it if you want an elegant cutlery carrier (i.e. for buffet lunch or dinner parties rather than al fresco eating). I have had a 4-compartment rattan basket from Oka for several years which has stood up to daily use (as a basket for house and car keys) without any signs of wear and tear. Highly recommended.

Faux Viburnam Stem Large - Green

Service rating : always excellent
Product: not as realistic close up

Saltire TV Stand - Ebony Brown

Service rating : We had to chase, payment having been taken before any delivery date notified.
Product: Not collected.

Gustavian Bedside Table - Buttermilk

• Alford Cupboard - Buttermilk
  • Set of 2 "Bamboo" Salad Servers - Venetian red

Excellent support. Needed to call a few times and had really helpful advice. Only problem is computers always seemed to be down. My initial order was rejected and then when I called I was often told the computers were down and that I had to call back!

Patterned 'Woven' Effect Cutlery (24 pc) 24pc full

Service rating : no further feedback (you need to make it eay for customers to give feedback or they will decline!)
Product: no further feedback

• Rattan Open Shelf Basket tall

Service rating : But pity the table was not checked before dispatch. Customer services were helpful and sent another one quickly.
Product: The table is a nice product, but when unpacked it was damaged on the corner. Another one was delivered and was damaged in exactly the same way. Waiting for another - 3rd time lucky?

Faux Shagreen Wastepaper Bin - Mole Brown

• Faux Shagreen Letter Rack - Mole Brown
  • Faux Shagreen Square Tray - Mole Brown

Delivery times were too long for some products . When ordering you should be informed about products that are not immediately available !!

23-Jul

Faux Mop Head Hydrangea Stem Short - White (Single Flower)

Service rating : OKA couldn't have been more helpful in terms of arranging a collection (and again when the delivery people turned up at the wrong time) and refunding my money.
Product: I had previously ordered the long stem pink hydrangeas which are great but was disappointed with the quality of these ones.

Han Cabinet - Black

Service rating : As ever, the customer service was excellent at the Harrogate store. The assistants kindly opened the box containing our cabinet so that we could look at it. It was a very hot day and they were so helpful. Rare these days to get the kind of service that is offered by Oka. Well done again.
Product: The cabinet is perfect and just what we wanted. It looks really good and we think it is excellent value for money

• Gustavian Sofa Side Table - Buttermilk
  • Globe Artichoke - Small

Usually I receive good service (and good quality products) from OKA.
However, regarding my last order, I am confused by the amount charged for delivery - £30.
I can imagine such a charge for something awkward and heavy such as a wardrobe, but both items of furniture arrived separately, each carried by one delivery man, and both light enough for me to lift easily into my car. How can you justify the £30 delivery charge (usually afforded to heavy/awkward deliveries)?
I did receive a phone call arranging delivery of my second item, but it appears to me that this was an entirely un-necessary extra 'service' to justify the high delivery charge, as the item which was delivered first (approximately same size and weight) was delivered without any contact from OKA. Please explain.

Saltire Coffee Table Lichen Grey

Service rating : The delivery chaps were very good and efficient.
Product: Loved the coffee table but a little disappointed that the colour was darker than shown online. Also trying to source some cheaper baskets to use within the framework of table as shown in the photo - otherwise it will cost almost £500 for 4 rattan delta medium storage boxes. Have you an alternative for the baskets on the storage shelf please?

Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Purple

• Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Red
  • Long Neck Glass Decanter - Blue

The click and collect service is an excellent development but it did give the shop more of a 'warehouse' feel. The entrance was completely full of boxes.

Service rating : Very helpful and efficient
Product: A fabulous lampshade lovely quality too

Han Cabinet - Black

Service rating : Order was delayed ,but staff very helpful.
Product: Just as described and very pleasing. Just right for my space and room.

Mitsuko Console Small - Black High Gloss

• Drum Shade Cotton (56cmDiax33cmH) - White

Service rating : Difficult to speak to someone when I did the service was good
Product: Poor quality the first one arrived broken and the second one the legs were unequal causing the furniture to be unstable

Saltire Three Bookcase Lichen Grey

Had to wait too long for delivery of said items. Very little flexibility on behalf of your contractor, likewise, in this day and age, a 4 hour window could be better too.

67x87cm Kildare Mirror - Painted Linen

• Isphahan Large Bowl (17cmDia) - Iznik

Service rating : Never known anything else but excellence
Product: Love it

• Saltire TV Console - Lichen Grey
  • Saltire TV Stand - Ebony Brown

Service rating : Phoned Oka within 7 days to return coffee table. A very efficient gentleman on the phone at Oka arranged for collection of the faulty product (still to be collected and exchanged), but I am confident that my complaint will be dealt with.
Product: Very poor quality. Awful finish, I am astounded that it passed through any quality control inspection. I have used better wood on my fire.

Helford Armchair (61x71x95cm) - Light Grey

Service rating : Excellent customer service - as always.
Product: Fantastic product and really pleased with our chairs they are very comfortable.

Guilloche Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Plum

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Service rating : Quick delivery and good telephone staff.
Product: Lovely cushions

22-Jul

Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (60 x 35cm)

Excellent instant communication

Large Glass Decanter - Blue

• Atlas Brackets - Pair - Large (floor mounted)
  • Bubble Jug - Blue

Fantastic, very responsive & quick

Saltire Coffee Table Lichen Grey

I asked for a specific delivery date about 3 weeks in advance and as had heard nothing, I rang 3 days in advance to be told the carriers knew nothing about my request and couldn't do it. I wonder when they did think they were going to deliver it as I had not been contacted at all by anyone, even on a date of their choice! I have asked for another date and still have had no confirmation - I no doubt will have to ring and to find out and again be told it is not going to happen. I have paid an extra £30.00 for delivery - it should be more efficient and a particular date should be possible if the notice is given.

Radnor Bedside Table - Linen Grey

Service rating : The service received at your shop is excellant with very helful staff - the delivery men were curteous and respectful of my home.
Product: Lovely tables - however pricey for what they are

Rattan CD Box

Delivery was prompt and efficient.

Gunnebo Three-Tiered Table - Nordic White

Service rating : Jan is always delightful to deal with.
Product: My client's were delighted. The table was wrapped well for transit and in perfect condition.

21-Jul-2014
It is always good but sometimes the furniture has to go back due to cracks and chips which is a bit disappointing.

Chest Of Drawers - Distressed Cream

Service rating : Efficient delivery.
Product: Nice, although surface looks laminated which spoils it, should of been left natural.

Saltire Three Bookcase Ebony Brown

• Troy Amphora

Service rating : Polite and efficient.
Product: Still not been able to arrange a mutually convenient delivery date!

Mondrian 3-Seater Sofa

Service rating : Customer service is excellent. Delivery well coordinated and extermely well conducted.
Product: This sofa is very comfortable and has a modernist caste. Unfortunately most modernist sofas tend to be rather uncomfortable. Appears well made with generous loose covers. These are in linen which is generally difficult to find these days. Highly recommended.

Pasha Side Plate

• Pasha Plate

Delighted with my purchase thank you.

Large Glass Decanter - Blue

Service rating : Purchased on internet and collected at our local OKA store. Very good customer service.
Product: Lovely decanter very pleased with purchase

Verdi Side Plate - Green

• Verdi Dinner Plate - Green

Service rating : very helpful in both the Chelsea and Nottinghill Gate stores. Thanks!
Product: love the colour though it took 2 trips to the store to replace half which had bubbles in them.

Checkered Card Table

Service rating : kept informed over delivery - service as it should be
Product: well made, solid, looks excellent. Audi over Ford

19-Jul

Drum Shade Linen (20cmDia) - Natural Linen

Service rating : Oka staff at Broadway store are so helpful and friendly. They give such great service and are so polite...I keep going back!!
Product: Lovely quality, very stylish on the chrome wall light I also bought from Oka and a great price.

19-Jul

Triomphe Tripod Table

Service rating : See above
Product: Delivery on this item is still pending as your delivery service is inflexible and not customer focused at all. You seem to expect your customers to have a full day to diary to stay at home with only 2 to 3 days notice. I have nothing but trouble with your deliveries and it puts me off buying from oka again.

Beauvais Bedside Table - Buttermilk

Service rating : Disappointed that when we telephoned we were told rather cursorily that the date we had been given was the date the bedside tables arrived with the warehouse. Never was this made clear before. Annoying as we had had to wait 6+ weeks from order to delivery. I think the customer feedback and keeping one in touch about the order was VERY poor. Disappointing to be treated rather dismissively when telephoning to find out when they were due for delivery. Poor customer service. I think when one is waiting such a ong period one should a) be kept informed b) be offered free delivery as free collection was not on offer.
Product: Delighted with our bedside tables - the second pair we have bought from Oka..What we were expecting. Well packaged and protected.

'Peonies' Bunch

• English Garden Roses Bunch- Multicoloured

Service rating : Well packaged timely delivery
Product: A gift very well received

Bespoke item

• Plain Linen Fabric - Sage

Service rating : Good communications.
Product: Creased due to postage and packaging. Lining different to one on display in store.

17-Jul

New Hampshire Armchair - Light Grey

• Bryher Cube - Light Grey

Service rating : good
Product: good

16-Jul

Fibre Filled Cushion Pad (56cm)

• Plain Twisted Wine Glasses small - Set of 4
  • Plain Twisted Wine Glasses large - Set of 4

Generally it is good. Last time them and was rude and offhand

Bolster Dog Bed - Large - Faux Fur Rabbit

Service rating : very friendly and helpful
Product: I returned the dog bed because it was too small for my very large dog

Glass Ice Bucket/Vase

• Esme Espresso Cups - Set of Four

Service rating : excellent
Product: excellent

Athena Lamp Extra Large - Black

• Drum Shade Cotton (50cmDiax29cmH) - Off-White
  • Sleeping Greyhound

Service from the little girl from Mauritius ( Marie) was excellent.
Delivery extremely swift and beautifully packed.

Downside.
I am VERY angry that the delivery of the large coffee table and a simple mirror is delayed and delayed - now end of September. I may cancel the order.

Lilium Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Marron

• Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Dirty Orange
  • Myra Cushion Cover (60x35cm)

I don't feel I can add any more praise, all of you are patient, helpful and involved in any questions one might have. This has been the case since I began purchasing from you, and has continued for every order.

New Hampshire 2-Seater Sofa - Light Grey

• New Hampshire Armchair - Light Grey
  • New England Coffee Table - Light Grey

Very pleased with the products and the service plus delivery was on time

Samsara Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Indigo

• Duck Down/Feather Mix Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

I think paying for postage on any item of this type of value is penny pinching. The cushions did not arrive as quickly as I hoped, but were very well packaged when they did arrive.

Tall Twisted Tumblers Set of Six- Turquoise

Packaging and prompt delivery both excellent. Delivered because only five were available in store - customer service in store was perfect, could not have asked for more.

Florya Mugs - Set of Four

Service rating : Dreadful. Dispatched product wrongly. Said it had been delivered when it hadn't. Failed to contact me when questioned. Still hasn't refunded me.
Product: Never arrived

Versailles Console - Large

Service rating : Sound helpful on the phone, when you can get through, but in practice the delays in replacing this item is longer than what I think is acceptable.
Product: This table required assembling on site, which is not indicate on the website. One of the legs does not fit properly and the deliver guys could not be bothered to help find a solution. It is now over 10 days on awaiting to hear about a replacement. I am not sure whether I would order again from OKA.

Pompidou Coffee Table

Service rating : Customer service team are responsive and helpful . However, I've ordered furniture
twice on line from OKA , each time the product has arrived damaged . QC checks at time of packing leave much to be desired. Prices are expensive and as such expectation is that product will live up to the brand premium being paid. I'd think twice about ordering furniture in the future.
Product: Only disappointment was the installation of the coffee table ... The delivery men laid the very heavy glass on top of the frame without cleaning it first . As I am unable to lift it off on my own ... There are smudged finger prints between the glass and the frame !

Florya Mugs - Set of Four

Service rating : No problems to report. Would purchase from them again.
Product: Love the mugs. They are so different from the usual!!

King Akbar Voile Blanket Cover -Taupe

• Plain Linen Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Eau de Nil

Service rating : Very pleasant and helpful when calling to arrange a return.
Product: Lovely design. It really is a voile, will not provide any warmth but looks lovely. Also just a btw, there are 2 seams running the length and because the fabric is sheer they are noticeable.

Pompidou Side Table - Small

Service rating : Visited shop in Harrogate and found very friendly and helpful
Product: Am so pleased I immediately ordered another

Cabbage Jug

Service rating : Website is easy to manage, and emails regarding delivery and status of order was just right.
Product: Beautifully finished, sturdy pottery and dish washer proof, just what we needed.

Beauvais Bedside Table - Dove Grey

Service rating : If I get my refund, it will be excellent.
Product: Very disappointed to find my bedside tables in your sale next day.
Mr Porter gives you the difference when this happens. Do you?

Marco Mirror (60x90cmH) - Taupe

Service rating : always reliable
Product: you get what you pay for

Mermaid Jug - White

• Chinaman Lamp & Shade
  • Picardie Cushion

Service rating : Helpful as always.
Product: Beautiful ornamental jug.

Pompidou Desk - Small

Service rating : there was a 4-6 week dealy in delivery so they didnt charge for delivery - thats good. Odd that the desk is not on the website.
Product: Odd that the desk is not on the website. although the glass had a scratch

13-Jul

Chinoiserie Planter

Service rating : Efficient and pleasant. It would be helpful if the website explained the process for sending items to Channel Islands; it's straightforward but not via the website. The OKA office and I sorted it out by phone, but it has meant a long delay in getting the planter because the Post Office wouldn't deliver, it is eventually coming via a different carrier.
Product: Still waiting for it to arrive; I am having several items sent in one package and one item not back in stock until later.

Cotton Cushion Cover w/ith Piping - Oatmeal

Brilliant! Fabulous service - I had some help from the team advising re VAT for Switzerland - top top top - professional, responsive and engaged! We will be back

Guilloche Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Plum

• Glass Hurricane Lamp/Vase - Large

Service rating : Arrived quickly and well-packaged
Product: These are beautiful cushion covers and suit a variety of rooms in my house - definitely recommend

£20 Gift Voucher

• £50 Gift Voucher

Service rating : Rubbish
Product: See below

Faux Ranunculus Flowers Bunch - Multi-Coloured

• Delphiniums Bunch Mixed - Blue

Service rating : I phoned, (30 June 7pm) as advised on invoice, before I returned them but wasn't informed I could return them free of charge. I paid for a signed courier. They were returned and delivered / signed for on the 3 July (10.27am) and I have still not received a refund; it is now the 12 July. I phoned yesterday and provided the parcel tracking number. The girl said she would look into it and phone me back - she never did. I had to phone again this morning. The lady today
said she could not authorise refunds and there was no one who could - it will have to wait until next Monday 14 July to be looked into. I consider this to be very poor amateurish customer service and would think twice about buying from OKA again.
Product: I thought the colours and the fabric did not look like real flowers - they really looked artificial.

Schiap Plate - Large

Very efficient and speedy delivery.

11-Jul

Mykonos Urn - Small

Service rating : Has improved.
Product: It's good to see and buy items from your catalogue.
Very good different products.

11-Jul

Baedekar Office Chair - Tobacco Brown

• Chinon Desk - Antique Oak

Speed of delivery far exceeded my expectations

11-Jul-2014

Orb Table

Service rating : Delivery service terrible.
Product: The table was not as described.

Lantau Side Table Small - Taupe

Service rating : Brilliant service, efficient quick and professional - best online/phone retail experience
Product: gorgeous product, I am so happy with it

Wide Woven Stripe CushCvr(51cmSq)OffWhite/PalePink

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

I'm happy with the product and service.

Luccombe Ottoman - Light Grey

• Luccombe Corner Unit - Light Grey
  • Luccombe Armless Chair - Light Grey

Patrick at the Godstone store was a star! Couldn't have been more helpful.

09-Jul-2014

Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDia23cmH) - White

Only dealt with Customer Service when I called to find out when my lampshade was going to arrive as it had been a few weeks and I had forgotten when it was. The lampshade was out of stock for quite a while, but worth the wait.