OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 4478 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Ashurst Side table - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Didn't use customer service this time around. Delivery was much quicker and day expected
Product: Exactly what I was expecting

200ml Room Diffuser - Moroccan Garden

• 200ml Room Diffuser - Oriental Garden

Good, easy to negotiate website. Prompt delivery. Would definitely order online again.

Hera Lamp - Antique Grey

Service rating : Arrived well packaged and as stated.
Product: Nice small lamp with a blue grey tinge perfect for my bedside table, also great price.

Duck Egg Dessert Plate (23cmDia)

• Duck Egg Bowl (18cmDia)
  • Duck Egg Serving Bowl (34cmDia)

Serge Armchair - Whippet Grey

Service rating : Excellent communication re delivery times
Product: Excellent

Pleated Linen Shade (50cmDiax34cmH) - Grey Blue

Service rating : Good service
Product: Efficient quick service good quality

Roslin Throw (220cmW x 270cmL) - Multi

Service rating : No problems! Very smooth transaction.
Product: Exactly what I expected, having had a similar one before. Great that it was in the sale too!

Savile Armless Chair - Off White

• Savile Corner Piece - Off-White

Exceptionally helpful customer focused staff

100% Cotton Headboard Slip Cover Super King - Oatmeal

Service rating : No complaints, all delivered as ordered. Very happy
Product: Just what we wanted

Arcadia Mirror - Antique Brown

We visited the Abingdon shop (Milton Park) on 2 occasions recently and purchased an Arcadia Mirror. On both visits we were greeted by the most helpful and friendly staff. We were offered beverages and were very impressed by the warm and inviting atmosphere. A really lovely and obliging member of staff called Dan looked after us and helped us with our purchase. Thank you for such excellent service. We would highly recommend you to others.

100% Cotton Bed Valance double - Off-White

We told them that the valance had been delivered and signed for but that we hadn't received it ourselves. They kindly and promptly sent us another one .

Cotton Cushion Cover with Piping - Oatmeal

• Camargue Chair - Weathered Oak
  • Round Karlstad Table

Service rating : This order was incomplete as I had ordered a mirror with this order. It did not arrived due to the lady in the call centre forgetting to send it. Even though I paid for the delivery and insurance. The delivery man (in France) was very ignorant, bordering on rude. At a time of being excited at the delivery he was extremely cold and unhelpful. Deflated!
Product: Not enough zip opening for the cushion provided to fit in - a real struggle.

Faux Shagreen Magazine/Newspaper Box - Taupe

Service rating : As above
Product: As well as serving a purpose it looks lovely

Trevarno Mirror (81x100cmH)

Service rating : Efficient as always
Product: Looks great

19-Dec-2014

Pompidou Side Table - Large

A problem with the website meant I was misquoted carriage and a result I was told I needed to pay £200 carriage as opposed to the £5 I paid.

Standard Double Bed with Drawers

• 100% Cotton Slip Cover Double - Off-White
  • 100% Cotton Bed Valance double - Off-White

Service rating : It was a pleasure dealing with the company and a big thank you goes to Mrs. Toni.
Product: The Bed itself is really nice but the black plastic cover underneath it is pretty awful. Better would have been the same fabric all over it.

Mini Pillow & Pad

• Faux Shagreen Boutique Tissue Box Holder - Jade

This tiny pillow could have been sent in a jiffy bag - instead it was sent in an absolutely enormous box - totally unnecessary and wasteful packaging. What was worse was that I had to go and collect it from the post office as it wouldn't fit in our parcel drop box. I don't understand how a tiny pillow needed such an enormous box - it was so big it barely fit on the front seat of my car! Utter waste. Really disappointing to see such a good company waste packaging, driving up the cost for both parties and also causing the customer such a hassle of having to go to collect from a depot!
Also I wanted some covers for the cushion pad I got for my dogs - I heard they were damaged so were put on to a skip! I begged for them to be sent to me at a reduced rate as they were being discontinued but was told no and that they were going to be thrown out in the skip! Really a shame as they are discontinued and I could have paid something and at least got some use out of them.

Faux Shagreen Heirloom Box Large - Taupe

Service rating : Great service..Always happy to answer and questions on the phone.
Product: The box is nice but I was hoping that it would be softer to touch and it feel bit plastic on the outside.
But overall happy with the box.

Faux Shagreen Placemat - Taupe

Service rating : Always helpful and sort things as quickly as they can!
Product: They are lovely!

Ananas Print Set of Three Box Files

Service rating : Only gripe is that I was about 1 day too early for special offers - discount/free postage. In future will pick my purchase dates more carefully!
Product: A gift, but recipient seems very happy

Versailles Mirror - Large

Initially it was good but when an item from the mailorder dept had to be returned your company refused to exchange it for the same product available in your store
We eventually had to get our money back and buy it again from the retail store!!

Pompidou Side Table - Small

• Pompidou Coffee Table - Small

I dealt with a lady called penny in the Fulham Road shop - very helpful with design ideas and selection of furniture. I misunderstood the delivery terms - thought it was 15 days - actually 15 working days - the team did a great job of expediting the delivery to meet my needs. Excellent job. Well done!!

Chinese Bedside Wooden Trunk - Shanghai Black

As always a quality product which is well made. OKA maintained their reputation.
Rapid response to the order.
I have had several of OKA's products and they are always different and of excellent quality .In this case this purchase was to replace an exisiting box which had been damaged by water from a tenant living above me .The original was purchased in 2008 and so to find the same quality product available was impressive.

Kinvara Mirror - Small (48x58cmH) - Black/Gold

Service rating : The customer service was very good and the delivery men were extremely pleasant and helpful.
Product: The mirror was as I expected and I was delighted with it.

Faux Fur Throw (130x180cm) - Arctic Fox

Really pleased with my two purchases. One of the two throws came in a sealed case and the other was just lose in a box which was a shame. But they are lovely throws which my children will take to Uni.

Costes Ottoman - Small (47cmDiax45cmH) - Burnt Orange

Service rating : Helpful polite and prompt
Product: It looks great and goes with the other pieces from Oka I have in the room

Echo Dining Chair - Weathered Oak Legs

Service rating : Always a pleasure to deal with them.
Product: Second set of chairs I have ordered. As good as the first.

Panama Luggage Rack

Service rating : Good
Product: It arrived very quickly.

Stola Table - Lichen Grey

Service rating : Waited 3 weeks for the table, saw a 20% discount promo in the meantime and then poor quality table arrived! No apology just a replacement to be delivered after Christmas- hassle! Wanted it right first time.
Product: The quality of finish is poor. There is a different colour splashed on the bottom on the legs and small chips on the leaves. Also one of the nail holes looks repaired no filled in. Not what I expected for the price. The delivery men wouldn't put the table together either.

17-Dec-2014
Service rating : Not sure I would use again
Product: Poor quality table

The Haughty Whippet

Good service from Oka but very poor service from the courier they used to collect returned order

Manali Quilt (260x215cm) - Multi

• Sultan Half-Tester - Natural
  • The Snow Rose Cushion Cover (60x35cm)

Fine

Change Purse -Aubergine

• Soap Set of 3 50g - Ginger Lily
  • Soap Single in Box 125g - Ginger Lily

Service rating : Very pleasant telephone manner and extremely helpful
Product: Leather a bit hard but great value

Xin Bedside Table (45x37x80cmH) - Black

Excellent service

16-Dec

Faux Turtle Shell Boutique Tissue Box (14cmSqx14cmH)

• Laguna Console (111x40x81cm) - Natural
  • Kahili Leaf Lamp - Silver

Overall very good. Great lady who took my order, Isabel? She was fantastic and did a lot to help. Only problem was the console table, it would only be a second really by a stretch. So pretty disappointed. I have photos!

Drum Shade Cotton (50cmDiax29cmH) - Off-White

Service rating : Can't tell you about the quality as we haven't received them yet .If someone would like to call tomorrow my mobile no is *Personal details removed by Feefo*
Product: I ordered 2 shades and then 1 more later on .Expected delivery by Dec 12 .
I tracked the first delivery and apparently it ended up signed for in Oxford when I live in Guernsey .I rang to ask where they were to be told that they had tried to deliver the shades but there was no answer at the door so they were returned to the UK which is very strange as they always leave a note if we are not in but they would resend them immediately at no cost to me as it wasn't my fault .I rang 2 weeks ago over the single shade and they said it was on the way and i rang yesterday and left a message to say we are away tomorrow 17th Dec till the 29th
My wife took a phone call today to say if we wanted the lamp shades then we would have to pay £50+ when we had already paid for them .My wife said it wasn't right that we had to pay again and the person said they would ring me at 1600hrs today which they didn't .So we are now left with no shades and only the lamps we bought 3 months ago Sorry but I have written this in the wrong box

Mahal Pen Stand

• Mahal Paperweight

Service rating : Although the people i have spoken to have been very pleasant, I did not receive the follow up call as promised after my second call.
Product: I have still not received ths item. I have had to follow up this order 3 times.

Schiap Plate - Medium

• Schiap Plate - Small
  • Fuego Espresso Cups and Saucers - Set of Six

My order arrived promptly, very well wrapped. I am delighted with it.

Pompidou Side Table - Small

Service rating : Wonderful service
Product: Lovely side table - a great addition to any room

Faux 'Mohair' Throw - Faded Blue

• Faux Mohair Throw (130x170cm) - Teal

Service rating : Visited Godstone and the people there were absolutely charming
Product: One throw has been used for 2 days and is piling an molting really badly, would return them but the aggravation pre Christmas is not top of my list at the moment

Fuego Espresso Cups and Saucers - Set of Six

Service rating : Quick delivery. Well packed.
Product: This is a present for Christmas. It is very well packed and easy to repackage in a festive wrapper. It looks great.

13-Dec

Palio Espresso Cups & Saucers Set of Four - Multi

I was so happy with my order they even look much nicer than what I expected.

Glass Hurricane Lamp/Vase - Small

Service rating : No complaints
Product: Very satisfied with the quality and the website description and information about the product.

Florya Mugs - Set of Four

Service rating : Oka service is always excellent thAnkyou
Product: Everyone comments on these mugs . They are a perfect size and a little different too! It's the second time I've ordered them as I managed to break 3 of other set! And I love them so much .
Many thanks

200ml Room Diffuser - Winter Forest

Service rating : Very good service.
Product: Lovely rich fragrance with green pine notes. Perfect for mid-winter.

Box Files Set of Three - Ottoman Print

• Box Files Set of Three - Osman Print

Great service

Radnor Bedside Table - Linen Grey

Service rating : Very good. thank you.
Product: I would have preferred the colour to be more grey than cream.

Panama Luggage Rack

Arrived promptly in good condition. Thank you.

Esme Espresso Cups - Set of Four

• Esme Mug - Purple
  • Esme Mug - Red

Service rating : Very good, prompt reply to email and the lady with whom I dealt with on the phone - in response to my message-was extremely helpful
Product: The cups are just what the gift recipient wanted

Trevarno Mirror (81x100cmH)

Service rating : Really helpful. Good to be able to speak to people when ordering goods. Fab
Product: Really pleased looks better than I thought

Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Fuchsia

• Halong Milk Jug
  • Pair of Salt & Pepper Dishes

Service rating : I queried a discount not having been deducted. This was done immediately. Very good service.
Product: Colour not very accurate

Faux Fur Throw (150x200cm) - Arctic Fox

I NEVER asked you to bombard me with your e mails
I do not enjoy this

Change Purse -Aubergine

Service rating : One person I dpike to talked over me
Product: Wrong colour sent

Bey Side Plate

Very quick response on item exchange or return. Online chat w customer service agent Luke was swift.

Plain Twisted Tumblers Short x 6

• Plain Twisted Wine Glasses large - Set of 4
  • Sorrento Wine Glasses Large - Set Of Four

Service rating : Needed to return three sets of glasses, so called customer service. Polite and prompt.
Product: Was shocked at the poor quality of the glasses and the shabby way in which they were packed. They looked much better on the website, in reality they didn't look worth a fraction of the discounted price I paid for them! They went right back.

Triomphe Tripod Table

Product: Love them

Kyoto Console - Ebony/Brown

• Cubist Bedside Table - Ebony/Brown
  • Nailsea Champagne Glasses - Set of Six

Helpful and charming service whenever I call.

Leyla Side Plate

• Leyla Bowl
  • Leyla Plate

Toby in the Fulhan shop was immensly helpful but despite my ringing to change the incorrect address in France, it still went our to Voux rather than Vaux and was addressed to me and not to Mr and Mrs Luper as requested. It is only by some miracle and the initiative of the local postman that it arrived safely. But it did.

Antler Lamp

Service rating : Friendly and professional
Product: Excellent value and stylish

Round-Based Crystal Glasses Large - Set of Six

Service rating : Easy.
Product: Beautiful glasses, very tactile.

Pulcinella Tumblers Set of Four (10cmDiax9cmH) - Grey

• Dervish Vase - Green

Service rating : Very efficient, although I had to phone back in working hours once, which is confusing as you have 24 hour ordering possibilities on your website
Product: Very nice - I have two sets

Tatiana Cushion Cover - Amber/Lapis Stripe

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (46cmSq)
  • Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (60 x 35cm)

Fast and efficient at sending orders. Dealt with refunds quickly.

Pompidou Desk Large (141x62x79cmH) - Black

great

Set of Four Teaspoons - Ivory

Service rating : everything always runs smoothly
Product: always great

Stack Shelf Tall (97x40x139cmH) - Silver Birch

Service rating : Everything went well and fast
Product: Very good looking, and solid but very expensive

Steeple Lamp - Chrome

Service rating : A new lamp arrived the next day
Product: One of the lamps was not perfectly symmetric - I returned it because the shade didnt sit level.

Barrington Hurricane Lamp

Versailles Mirror - Large

Service rating : I had an express delivery + the seller recommended a handyman = it took less than a week to have the mirror hung. Everybody was extremely kind and efficient. I am really happy you asked me for feedback.
Product: Amazing impact. Very good value for money

Library Shelves 7 Flat - Dove Grey

• Pleated Linen Shade (30cmDiax20cmH) - Grey Blue
  • Panama Luggage Rack

Help ful on the telephone

The Upholstered Ottoman Large - Bleached Straw

Service rating : Service in the store was excellent. Having to wait two weeks for a refund is poor service.
Product: We liked the product but it was delivered soiled. This should have been checked prior to despatch. We returned the product.

Triomphe Side Table

Good.

Florya Mugs - Set of Four

Service rating : Surprised they arrived so promptly. Very well packaged
Product: Lovely and unusual mugs. Just what I'd been looking for.

Isphahan Starter Plates Set of 4

• Isphahan Milk Jug - Iznik
  • Isphahan Mug - Iznik

Service rating : See comment above on the starter plates.
Product: On one of the plates the pattern was faded and the glaze imperfect. This should have been checked before dispatch.

Ridged Tumblers Set of Six - Red

Service rating : Excellent service
Product: Lovely tumblers

Costes Ottoman - Small (47cmDiax45cmH) - Mole Brown Velvet

So efficient - both the online ordering/confirmation process and the delivery company who provided such good service, especially the delivery driver who was delightful - cheerful, helpful and a great 'face of OKA'.

Bolster Dog Bed Small (75x57x12cmH) - Faux Fur Rabbit

Service rating : Great service.
Product: The cocker spaniel loves it.

Peking TV Cabinet - Black

Service rating : Every thing went extremely smoothly. We were phoned in advance as promised and the men were very efficient and friendly. Top marks!
Product: It is a really attractive piece and it gives me pleasure every time I go into the room.

Amoeba Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Pink

Service rating : Generally, I think service is very good. Always polite & helpful people on the phone & in the shops. However, I returned all 4 cushion covers on the 20th November to a store and have yet to receive the refund (now 8th December). I called to chase last week and was advised it would be done by the 5th December. Disappointing.
Product: Nice enough cushion but the colour VERY different from the colour on the website

Fringed Linen Napkins Set of Four - Dusty Blue

• Reeded Bone Ice Bucket
  • Faux Shagreen Print Set of Three Box Files - Green

Service rating : I have always found the staff in any OKA shop to be extremely helpful and very nice. This is not the first time I have had issues with quality. Surely goods should be thoroughly checked before being sent out and if not in perfect condition they are not sent. It seems the mail order side lets itself down repeatedly and the helpful and courteous staff in the shops have to do the apologising.
Product: Really nice every day linen napkins

Jet Table - Rubbed Black

Service rating : Absolutely fine.
Product: Did not realise it would be such a matt finish. Bought some oka black chinese square trunks many years ago with a slight sheen. Think this would improve the product.

Pompidou Coffee Table

Service rating : Delivery went according to plan, and staff were helpful and accommodating when I had to change the original delivery time.
Product: Looks great and has transformed our sitting room.

07-Dec

Faux Fur and Velvet Throw (150x200cm) - Mink

Service rating : Fast and on time Thank you
Product: as it is a Christmas gift will not know till 25th December !!!

06-Dec

Echo Dining Chair Cotton Slip Cover - Off-White

Service rating : Service is prompt and efficient. I recently bought some cushion covers - one of which had a faulty zip and this was exchanged at the Edinburgh store very easily. Hassle free
Product: This is the second set of covers we have bought and they seem to be better fitting than the previous set. I also have 4 camargue chairs which I bought at the same time as the echo set - I think in 2005. I have to say I am a little disappointed with them - they have not had heavy use and two of the seats are beginning to disintegrate. I don't quite know how or why one of the side pieces/bentwood strips has split on one chair and I cannot see how it can be repaired. I have bought quite a lot of things at OKA and am usually very satisfied with the quality, style and service. The camargue chairs are probably not an item I will buy again.

06-Dec

Desert Fox Faux Fur Throw (150x200cm) - Grey

Service rating : I have no problem with the service - the throw was collected as agreed which was very convenient for me.
Product: I returned the throw because the colour did not suit the room as well as I had expected and also because the size looked a little small on the bed. I also thought that the stitching around the edges (joining fur to backing) was quite poor.

Faux Hydrangea Stem - Deep Red

• Faux Mop Head Hydrangea Stem Long - White (Single Flower)
  • 'Mop Head Hydrangea' Stem - Dusty Pink

Service rating : the service was quick but the rate of postage from the UK to Portugal for 6 hydrangeas at £30 was totally ridiculous. They arrived in a huge box which was not necessary and could have been sent in a smaller box and less postage charged
Product: very nice but too expensive

Sorano Flat Platter - Off White

• Sorano Soup Bowl - White

Service rating : Very impressed with service given efficient and helpful
Product: Nice shape good quality addition to my soprano dinner ware set

05-Dec

Bolster Dog Bed - Large - Faux Fur 'Leopard'

Service rating : great service
Product: lovely item

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Grey Green

Service rating : Fast delivery, well packed.
Product: Beautiful quality and style, lovely colour.

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Porridge

• Duck Down/Feather Mix Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Why

05-Dec

Bolster Dog Bed - Large - Faux Fur 'Leopard'

• Rattan Mattaban Pet Bed Large

Superb service and the grandchildren loved the large cardboard box, it became a house, boat , train and car!!!

Change Purse - Pale Blue

Service rating : Wrong colour
Product: Wrong colour sent twice

Mala Wastepaper Bin - Red Linen Finish

Easy ordering, quick delivery, lovely item

Golden Egg Salt and Pepper Set - Polished Brass

Service rating : As always
Product: Lovely little things

Miscellaneous

Service rating : Good and rapid response
Product: Product is great but so so much packaging for a tiny parcel. 2 cardboard boxes plus the filling. Really huge outer box for both items I received, wasteful although I have recycled it

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Teal

Service rating : Shop and online provided professional and speedy service.
Product: Lovely sophisticated, elegant colour & beautiful material.

Mini Pillow & Pad

Service rating : Really good contact, telling me when product has been dispatched and arrived on time, well packaged, more than pleased.
Product: Lovely quality, nicer that I expected, really pleased with purchase thank you! :)

Han Cabinet - Black

• Antler Lamp
  • Drum Shade Linen (35cmDia) - Natural Linen

Service rating : Have already been in contact with ok a about non arrival 9 cabinet. Couldn't have been more disinterested. Was reminded order was going to islands therefore up to 20 working days. How come amazon and the like of John lewis can deliver in 3 days. Not slow to take money from credit card though.
Product: Still hasn't arrived. Ordered on 11 Nov. Very poor.

Pompidou Coffee Table - Small

Service rating : I can only rate the service in the shop ( nottinghill) and that was excellent
Product: I haven't ordered a small pompidou coffee table so this email is slightly alarming....

03-Dec-2014

Faux Mohair Throw (130x170cm) - Cranberry

I purchased 2 throws in Broadway and chose the wrong colour your Harrogate staff helped me get the right colour with no fuss. Good service love the Broadway store which I visit when travelling, lovely staff. Great to be able to see stock in room settings