OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 5095 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Pulcinella Tumblers Set of Four - White

Service rating : I spoke to customer service as I had been given a promotional discount which they honoured for my 2nd order & gave me free P&P which I thought was excellent!
Product: This is my 2nd order - I liked them so much I ordered again so that I would have enough for 6 people

Octagon Side Table - Small

• Short Neck Glass Decanter - Blue

The octagon table arrived with scratched glass. A substitute table arrived the following week with a worse scratch. I was told someone would contact me to arrange another replacement. I missed a call, called back, was told the person dealing with it was not in and would phone back next day which she never did. I gave up and managed to get the scratch out with a glass scratch remover, but I shouldn't have had to do this.

Heraldic Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Sage

Service rating : But customer service is exccellent
Product: the products are good but not excellent

Sorrento Champagne Glasses - Set of Four

• Sorrento Wine Glasses Large - Set Of Four
  • Sorrento Wine Glasses Small - Set of Four

Excellent customer service.

Scented Candle 30cl - Lime & Lavender

• Tatiana Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Ruby/Gold Print
  • Palau Silk Lampshade (45cm) - Red

easy to order.well packed. efficient service

Kyoto Side Table - Ebony/Brown

Table arrived sooner than advised when ordering. I was kept well informed whilst waiting for delivery.

Faux Hydrangea - Green

• Faux Hydrangea Stem - Deep Red

Service rating : very prompt
Product: Extremely realistic

Kashmir Quilt

Service rating : You were helpful and it was easy.
Product: i'm disappointed by the colour. The blue in the quilt is much duller and is a "sad "blue. The colouring on line came over much brighter.

Gosford Lamp - Weathered Acacia

• Hira Cushion Cover (51cmSq)
  • Palayam Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Blue

Service rating : I am very impressed with Oka's customer service. I telephoned the company with a couple of questions and they are very attentive and helpful, which is what you would expect for a company like this selling high quality products, however, it is not always the case. I would definitely recommend Oka.
Product: These are the most stunning lamps, I am so thrilled with how they look. Thank you!

Sulu Silk Lampshade (45cmDia) - Black

Really pleased with the lampshade, packing, delivery and communication from OKA regarding my order.

Pleated Linen Shade (30cmDiax20cmH) - Natural

Service rating : Lampshades arrived promptly
Product: Lovely colour but gloomy when lit. Thought that they were gathered with one long length of fabric instead they are formed from a thin strip and wound around the frame so don't look quite so good.

Hanna Shelves - Flannel Grey

Great

Arboreal Print Set of Three Box Files - Multi

Service rating : Always very nice people in your order department.
Product: I already have a few of these boxes ,very pleased with them that's why I ordered more.

Pompidou Desk Large (141x62x79cmH) - Black

Service rating : Very pleased
Product: The desk is perfect, very pleased.
Delivery was very good. I was kept informed about delivery time and it was unpackaged and placed where I wanted it.

200ml Room Diffuser - Alpine Forest

Arrived quickly

Park Side Table (55x38x58cmH) - Polished Stainless Steel/Glass

Very easy

23-Mar

Fyodor Lidded Vase - Large (16x10x47cm)

Service rating : On contacting the Customer Services Dept of Oka to explain the problem I was informed that a replacement vase would be dispatched immediately. I received the replacement vase within a couple of days.
Product: The quality appeared poor resulting in the pot being broken. This was obvious as soon as the package wad opened.

23-Mar-2015
I always enjoy receiving the Oka catalogues and would feel confident in purchasing items, which I have now done on two occasions.

Oval Shade (29x20x17cmH) - Brown Suede

Service rating : Always helpful
Product: As expected

Whistler Chair (59x58x75cmH) - Stonewashed Indigo Linen

Service rating : Very efficient, all done according to OKA instructions.
Product: Lovely chair will fit in well

Faux Fur Throw Leopard (150x200cm) - Brown Border

Service rating : Arrived promptly, well packaged
Product: Good product. Wish the backing was more supple, I found it a bit stiff, and draping affected.

Icicle Mirror

• New England Two Seater Sofa - Light Grey

Service rating : Didn't arrive as soon as i thought it would but when arrival was announced all was exactly as said!!
Product: Looks wonderful I just wish you could offer someone to put it up!

Lakor Table Lamp (24cmDiax40cmH) - Blue

Service rating : Excellent service, like the fact you can interact on line
Product: Gorgeous lamp

Carisbrook Set

Service rating : very quick and efficient
Product: looks good

Faux Shagreen Print Set of Three Box Files - Turquoise

Service rating : Very efficient
Product: As expected

Heraldic Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Sage

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Have brought a bit from you over the years. Always pleased ��

Esme Espresso Cups Set of Four - Multi

Extremely helpful and efficient

Indochine Bed End Chest

Service rating : Ordered online so no direct interaction required
Product: More robust than the wicker baskets it replaces

Pulcinella Tumblers Set of Four (10cmDiax9cmH) - Grey

Service rating : Really impressed with the customer service which made returning the goods incredibly easy.
Product: Good but not the right colour shade to go with what I wanted so I returned the product.

22-Mar

Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Purple

Service rating : Click and collect was great and the flexibility of staff at Abingdon who helped out when I was delayed in traffic was most helpful. Thanks.
Product: Fits my blackberry and easy to remove quickly. Thanks.

22-Mar

Park Dining Table - Polished Stainless Steel/Glass

Service rating : First class.
Product: Couldn't be happier.

21-Mar

Miscellaneous

Service rating : Although the telephone customer service person I spoke to on multiple occasions to find my shipment was helpful, i am extremely unhappy with OKA in general. My shipment wasn't sent in the time the tracking email suggested. I had to call four times to find out why. The number is 0844 which is chargeable on my phone plan so then I had to research the land line because I wasn't going to pay OKA for the opportunity to complain about them. To be told an item was in poor condition so that they then left the rest of the order just sitting in the warehouse is appalling. No apology, no compensation. Just a refund of those products (obvious) and refund of postage. wow! £4. I took 2 days off work, called countless times and was even told "you don't understand our processes". When a customer has to understand shipping by a company, the process has already failed. I shall definitely never purchase from OKA again. It is overpriced and only worth a look in a major sale. No thanks!
Product: The products were excuse the pun, OK, except the base of the test tube vase which was poorly welded. It was not good enough for the gift I had intended so at that reduced price, I retained for myself. I couldn't be bothered to arrange a refund because of the hassle I had about shipment. One item I had bought in multiples, a cushion cover was in poor condition. The only way I found this out was when I called to query the delay in my shipment to be told "the cushion covers aren't good enough to ship so the rest of your order is sitting in our warehouse because the staff don't know what to do next" absolutely astounded and just appalled. It's 2015, what part of "get it sorted don't you understand!"

21-Mar

Florya Mugs Set of Four - Multi

The mugs were ordered before December 25th. As Christmas was approaching I rang OKA to find out how the order was progressing, only to discover OKA had ran out of supplies, so deliveries would not be until January.
I expressed my frustration and annoyance that I hadn't been notified as we were approaching Christmas etc-response -none, the person on the end of the phone clearly thought that the best tactic is to say nothing, no reflection, no commiseration, no apology, nothing. No response came, with the kind of silence, well if I don't say anything, the nasty man will go away, Then, finally, I was advised that I could cancel the order if I wished. At that point, I said okay, farewell and hung up.

Framed Botanical Prints Ferns - Set of Eight

• Aberdare Ice Bucket - Nut Brown Leather
  • Glass Hurricane Lamp/Vase - Medium

Service rating : I use the interior design service for all my orders and I really appreciate the advice.
Product: Gorgeous and really good value

Giant Glass Paperweight

great

Scented Candle 30cl - Sandalwood

• Elephant Lamp
  • Athena Lamp Extra Large - Black

Delivery prompt. Return of item I changed my mind about was very easy and quick. Customer services person I spoke with was lovely.

Pompidou Coffee Table - Small

Service rating : Service was excellent.
Product: Unfortunately I had to return it as it was too big for the space.

Bird Paintings - Set of Twelve

Service rating : delivery agreed by phone but no e-mail confirmation
Product: poor value for money, frames very poor quality

Empire Shade Cotton (50cmDiax27cmH) - Off-White

Efficient and charming - hard to fault.

Mireval Cabinet - Weathered Oak

Service rating : Dan, Store Manager at Abingdon was supremely helpful, flexible and communicative. The couriers were also superb: friendly, efficient, and professional, nothing was too much trouble for them and they made the whole experience entirely stress-free, very carefully manoeuvring my very heavy cabinet up some tight stairs and leaving it positioned exactly where I wanted it, in the desired room. Well done!
Product: This is a beautifully made piece and looks magnificent as a bookcase, housing the Dictionary of National Biography published by Oxford University Press in 60+2 Vols

20-Mar

Faux Leda Rose Stem - Cream/Pink (Two Flowers and Bud)

• Faux Mop Head Hydrangea Stem - Short (47cmH) - Faded Autumn Green
  • Faux Flowering Clover - White

Service rating : order turned up a few days after ordering
Product: Good looking faux flower

Florya Mugs Set of Four - Multi

Did it all online do it was quick. An e-mail to say when the product might be back in stock and delivered would have been good (product out of stock when ordred).

Drum Shade Cotton (56cmDiax33cmH) - Off-White

Service rating : I had good advice from your shop staff before ordering this lampshade online. It arrived beautifully packed.
Product: Very happy with this lampshade. It was just what was looking for.

Checkered Card Table

Service rating : Delivery was swift.
Product: Vintage style folding chess table looks very smart!

Pulcinella Tumblers Set of Four - White

Service rating : I originally purchased 4 having received a magazine offering a discount. The code didn't work so I had to contact customer services who were great. On receipt I decided another 4 would be better as we often have more than 4 at the table. Again, customer services were brilliant & even gave me free P&P as I had ordered the previous week plus they honoured the discount%. That's what I call service!
Product: The overall look is great but when you lift up the glasses & look at the bottoms the design is quite clumsy. Hopefully ones guests will be suitably imbibed not to notice these little quirks! Other than that, great glasses, suitable for use as candle holders or desserts.

Bird Paintings - Set of Twelve

I ordered the pictures in early February and was emailed to say delivery would be on the 27th February and then heard nothing until they finally came on the 17th March. A very long time from order to delivery.

Faux Lavender - Small

Order not placed correctly, not shipped on time wrong reference for shipping given; goods finally received 6 lavender plants not 3 and 1 oregano not 2. In all instances I had to chase in all cases to find out what was happening with the order. Finally returned the oregano plant and they said I could keep lavender plants as recompense!

19-Mar

Cassia Cushion Cover (60 x 35cm)

• Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Gainsborough Blue
  • Plain Linen Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Antibes Turquoise

Service rating : Order arrived quickly was correct and well packed.
Product: Cover was NOTHING like that showing the catalogue. I have exchanged it.

100% Cotton Headboard Slip Cover King - Off-White

Service rating : Sent two emails to customer services, no response - so phoned and in all fairness received good support by phone.
Product: The first cover I received was way too small for the headboard, the second one fits, but only just and looks terrible. The back fabric is visible down the side of the headboard and doesn't do up properly at the back. Suspect the headboard is over padded - think Oka's quality control is off on this one - looks rotten and not as shown online but couldn't be bothered to fight.

Cercle Console Table - Pale Olive/Mango Wood

Service rating : I'm very pleased with the customer service. Very prompt , very professional.
Product: In some areas it looks more distressed than it should.

Carambola Leaf Lamp - Gold

Service rating : There was a problem in my transaction and I was phoned very promptly and courteously.
Product: Gorgeous and very different. Well packed and would have been difficult to get damaged in transit.

18-Mar

Fyodor Lidded Vase - Small (20x10x37cm)

• Fyodor Lidded Vase - Large (16x10x47cm)
  • Faux Fur Throw (150x200cm) - Rabbit

Service rating : Very good customer service: efficient, fast and friendly.
Product: Very beautiful vase. Lovely dusty rose colour. Beware, it is quite large!!

Deco Side Table - Taupe Faux Shagreen

Service rating : Justin and James at Broadway give excellent customer service in my experience
Product: too expensive with a manufacturing fault.

Test Tube Vase

Service rating : Absolutely fantastic , other CS could learn a thing or two!
Product: Poorly made and damaged when it arrived, not my usual experience of OKA

100% Cotton Headboard Slip Cover King - Oatmeal

• 100% Cotton Bed Valance King - Oatmeal

Service rating : in the shop very kind, deliveries chaotic!
Product: doesn't look very neat. Needs a lot of ironing and quality of textile is not very high

200ml Room Diffuser - Alpine Forest

• 200ml Room Diffuser - Rose Garden

Service rating : Quickly dispatched and received
Product: beautiful perfume in attractive bottle

Set of 4 Marine Dessert Plates

• 50ml Mini Fragrance Diffuser - Spice Grove

Service rating : Did on line with ease
Product: Delighted to get more

Upton Console Table - Black/Weathered Oak

Service rating : Helpful and efficient
Product: Very good looking piece of furniture but unfortunately it didn't look good in my hallway!

Chartwell Rug

Very good

Kraakware Lamp (25cmDiax27cmH)

• Lipton Lamp - Black
  • Empire Card Shade - Cream

it was ok

Coromandel Quilt Double (260x270cm) - Blue Emblem

Service rating : I really wish things could be sent by some method that allows me to designate a 'safe place' instead of sending everything as needing to be signed for. This is a tall order with my hours of work
Product: This is really practical. It does well in the washing machine and can be tumbled dry on low. It is pretty and generously sized. I'm really pleased with my choice.

Anastasia Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Ruby/Sapphire Piping

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Helpful staff. Very pleased.

Drum Shade Linen (45cmDia) - Natural

Service rating : Arrived very quickly
Product: Shades just right!

Lorenzo Chair - Natural Linen

Service rating : Delivery was quicker than I had expected. The outside packaging was water damaged and a bit crushed but due to the considerable inside packing I was happy to see that the chair was in perfect condition.
Product: Very attractive chair for a corner with a lovely cushion on it. Glad to get this in the sale with a considerable reduction!

Parkstead Console Table

Service rating : Very good - a bit slow to answer the calls though.
Product: Love the table - I have two now !!

Jackson Chair - Aged Tobacco

Service rating : Excellent customer service. Delivery service second to none,
Product: Good quality leather. Love the design and is very comfortable.

Nimrod Lamp - Distressed Wood

Service rating : Excellent delivery service.
Product: Looks lovely and very good quality but, as yet, untried

Faux Box Pyramid (47cmH) - Green

• 50ml Mini Fragrance Diffuser - Spice Grove

Service rating : Fine
Product: Nice but wouldn't have bought it full price.

15-Mar

Bastille Console - Recycled Pine / Taupe

Service rating : After my disappoiuntment for recieving a faulty consolle I shall admit that your customer sservice has been very efficient and extremely precise in sorting everything.
Product: The consolle is exactly as expected.

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Crimson Red

• Campaign Desk - Vintage Oak

reliable

Camargue Chair - Bay

I have been an Oka customer for many years and cannot praise their efficient helpful service highly enough---nothing is too much trouble for them.l have recommended th to many friends and family,all now delighted customers

Camargue Chair - Bay

Really helpful customer service!

Faux Dog Rose Stem (41cmH) - White

Service rating : Very helpful
Product: Beautiful roses and i put them in a round glass vase with two bunches of green berries and the display looks amazing ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Camargue Chair - Bay

Although our original order contained two damaged chairs, the faulty items were replaced within four days and the items to be returned were collected as arranged. I spoke to Deborah from customer services who was very courteous and helpful.

Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDiax23cmH) - Off White

Service rating : I was told I would be contacted in 10 days from placing my order to arrange delivery of the lamp only to be told when I called them 2 weeks later that it wouldn't be in until May.
Product: Would be better if the lamp arrived with it, having to wait 3 months is not acceptable.

Faux Shagreen Coaster - Azure

Service rating : I ordered it online so can't really comment.
Product: The item is nice, but it definitely isn't worth £18. Disappointed that OKA has overpriced like this.

12-Mar

Radnor Bedside Table - Linen Grey

Fine - but customer service is hard to rate when you do not speak to anyone! that is the good/bad of ordering online!

12-Mar

Cassia Cushion Cover (60 x 35cm)

Service rating : Very fast service and delivery!
Product: Wonderful covers.

Gustavian Sofa Side Table (48x25x59cmH) - Ebony/Brown

Service rating : Very good, clear and concise ordering service and delivery
Product: table arrived within time given, very well packaged.

Half Lexington Table - Black High Gloss

Service rating : Phones rang out, no one returned calls. I would not purchase from you again!
Product: Highly polished surface shows fine scratches where it has been buffed!

Octagon Side Table - Large

Service rating : Wonderful informed service including delivery
Product: Looks just like the website

Woodroffe Wing Chair - Natural Linen

Service rating : Very pleasant
Product: Perfect for our needs

Panama Luggage Rack

Service rating : Very quick and efficient service
Product: Love it - perfect size.

Camargue Chair - Birch

Service rating : The customer service team were very helpful and prompt dealing with our complaint - organising the collection of one chair and delivery of another. Unfortunately, the replacement chair had the same defects as the first.
Product: It was very badly finished - we cut our fingers on the rough edges under the chair as we lifted it. The bolts fixing the legs to the stretcher were far too long, sticking out by about 1/2" -3/4 " and were dangerous.

Sash Mirror (95x130cmH)

Service rating : Service and delivery were excellent. Very pleased!
Product: This mirror is so perfect for our home and we liked it so much, we bought another one from our nearest OKA shop.

Tatiana Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Coral / Emerald Stripe

Service rating : Very fast and impressive delivery service.
Product: Exactly as expected. The standard and quality expected of OKA!

Campaign Desk - Vintage Oak

Service rating : OKA didn't tell me that the product was out of stock when I ordered it and I had to contact Customer Services to find this information out.
Product: I love my desk but as others have said the colour is very different to the picture. The desk is stained a greyish colour. It didn't bother me as I wasn't matching with other pieces, but it may be something others wish to consider. Other than that it's a great little piece and good value.

Rectangular Shade Cotton (30x15x23cmH) - Off White

Service rating : Arrived very quickly. Thank you.
J murphy
Product: This shade was to replace one I bought many years ago that came with my Touch lamp. Unfortunately, I tried to wash the original shade, which disintergrated. This one suited perfectly though.

Crane Lamp - Chrome

• Wollaton Lamp - Mahogany Brown
  • Rectangular Shade Linen (27x19x16cmH) - Natural Linen

Contact them about the broken lamps and it was dealt with immediately Thank you

Olympique Console Table - Pale Olive/Mango Wood

Service rating : Great service, polite and professional.
Product: The surface of the console table doesn't look that good. Maybe a bit more distressed than it should.

Pompidou Side Table - Large

• Savile Ottoman - Ecru

Service rating : communication is well executed. Delivery company very organised.
Product: The table is as I expected.

Faux Mop Head Hydrangea Stem - Short (47cmH) - Faded Autumn Green

• Framed Ornothological Prints Parrots - Set of Six

Difficult to say - the webchat man was very helpful in offering me free delivery because it was my first order with OKA (I had a free delivery code but was not permitted to use it in conjunction with another code). He agreed to refund me the delivery charge but I have yet to see it credited back to my card and have not heard anything further from OKA customer services.

Xin Bedside Table - Black

Service rating : They were delivered on the appointed day within ten minutes of the time slot.
Product: Soo beautiful, they look fabulous in my bedroom.

Gunnebo Three-Tiered Table - Nordic White

Very well packed. Best ever received from on-line company

Divot Paperweight - Clear

Service rating : Quick delivery
Product: Lovely paperweight and just as described

09-Mar

Potted Faux Phalaenopsis Orchid (85cmH) - White (Double Stem)

Service rating : Both by telephone and by email, your customer service reps have been excellent; dealing with my enquiry in an intelligent, personal and professional fashion. I would use OKA again.
Product: Faux flowers have indeed improved over the last few years, but not as much as I had hoped.

Tatiana Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Turquoise/Gold Print

Service rating : No notification that item was out of stock - sent order without it. Then when I called they promised to call me back and never did. Poor
Product: Not as bright as expected. The design looks much brighter on the picture.

Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Blue

• Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Red

Service rating : did over the interned
Product: colour was not as per the picture and some of the leather was scuffed

Mock 'Croc' Leather Bag Pouch -Purple

• Half Burlington Table - Charcoal/Vintage Oak

Service rating : good service
Product: colourful but to soft to be used for glasses or phone

Udaipur Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Indigo

Service rating : Kept informed of delivery schedule - parcel arrived well packaged.
Product: Beautiful design and quality of fabric....sadly too big for my sofa!

Pompidou Side Table - Large

Service rating : delivery service polite and obliging
Product: beautifully elegant