OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 5517 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Acanthus Side Table

• Versailles Cubes - Pair
  • Camargue Chair - Burnt Oak

Outstanding service throughout both in shop and at point of delivery.

'English Garden Rose' Stem - Coral Red

Service rating : The stem came in an enormous box, the size of a small child to hold one stem of artificial rose. When I called to complain about the colour being miss described, I was told (fairly politely) that the rose I got was the only one available in pink. I mentioned that they were misleading the public...even on this small item, non the less. I decided to keep it and use it for something else, mainly as I didn't want to grapple with the enormous box and bother of returning. I love all things Oka, but they must attend to small detail, as well as selling the big money items. I have to say too, that both the flower heads fell off and I had to glue and sew them back on! I don't have this problem with other artificial flower suppliers. A muddle all round.
Product: The rose stem in the online catalogue described the rose as pale pink, not coral red.

Florya Mugs Set of Four - Multi

I did click and collect and the man couldn't have been more helpful (notting hill store)

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Blood Orange

Service rating : The website did not accept my discount code. This involved a phone call and I was told it was because I had ordered from the company before? The customer services representative was pleasant and helpful and applied it manually.
Product: The velvet cushions are excellent quality and very good value for money.

Checkered Card Table

Service rating : Wonderful - the 15% sale code I had wasn't working so I bought the table full price but then called Customer Support the next morning and they issued me a refund for 15% straight away! Table arrived very quickly.
Product: I had my eye on it for ages, it's lovely!

Versailles Console - Small

still have not received my order yet after three weeks
Chased twice on the phone, a review request was sent
To my email really ironic

Hanna Shelves (80x50x210cmH) - Flannel Grey

great all round

Plaza Coffee Table (130x70x38cm)

• Chester 3-Seater Sofa - Natural Linen

delivery guys were very friendly, helpful and courteous :)

Gustavian Sofa Side Table (48x25x59cmH) - Silver Birch

Service rating : The table was very delayed in dispatch but worth the wait and the delivery fee was waived due the inconvenience.
Product: lovely colour, a subtle grey. Perfect size to fit by a sofa. Sturdy yet elegant.

04-Jul

Chevron Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Multi

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)
  • Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (60x35cm)

I am going away so they will arrange to send the cushion cover when I return.

04-Jul

100% Cotton Bed Valance King - Off-White

Excellent service - both in the shop and in customer service.

The Diamond Sideboard

Service rating : Response to return swift and courteous.
Product: Very poor quality, damaged in a number of places because of shockingly flimsy materials. For such an expensive item,astonished Nicky Haslam has put his name to products of this poor quality. My joiner described it as "palette wood". Replacement ordered, also damaged.

Rivoli Set - Antique Grey

Service rating : Very easy to order and swift delivery.
Product: Love this set. Looks great.

Jet Table - Rubbed Black

Service rating : im not sure why they didn't follow up on delivery…i had to call them today with reminder of this email
Product: it wasn't delivered

Pleated Linen Shade (45cmDiax31cmH) - Off White

Service rating : I had trouble with your web site not accepting a discount could and with your delivery agent cancelling the delivery for no reason. Your telephone staff are very good but your logistics are slow and need to improve.
Product: The shades arrive before the lamps which is fine. However, the delivery window of 15 days is too long and not the service that you should be giving. Part of Internet shopping is speed. 3 days is long enough. It does put me off using you and if I can find product elsewhere with better service times, I go with them.

Tendril Love Seat - Metal

Service rating : Really efficient delivery service
Product: Love it and it looks fab in the garden

Ashmolean Shelves - Low (90x28x83cmH) - Undercoat

Service rating : good communication
Product: As described and seen in the catalogue

Woodroffe Wing Chair - Natural Linen

Service rating : The delivery people were very polite and helpful.
Product: Service and courtesy way beyond the norm! The best company I've ever dealt with.

Sash Mirror - Distressed Finish

First time had a driver unpack to check the large fragile item was ok and remove the rubbish

Drummond Sideboard (180x42x96cmH) - Flannel Grey

Service rating : Long delay in receiving item but definitely worth the wait... It's beautiful!
Product: Stunning piece of furniture - would highly recommend!

Han Cabinet - Black

Service rating : Communication, flexibility regarding delivery and the delivery men all excellent.
Product: Very pleased with the cabinet, it is exactly like the one I saw in the shop.

Sash Mirror - Distressed Finish

Service rating : Very accommodating and 5* customer service all round.
Product: Creates the impression of another window. Beautiful and understated.

Isphahan Plates Set of 4

Service rating : Always great
Product: Returned them as not as vibrant as previous crockery bought

Hurlingham 2-Seater Sofa Loose Cover - Off-White

Service rating : Great
Product: Great

4in White Coated European Metal Carrier - White

Service rating : When I contacted Oka Antonia was brilliant and she arranged to send me both 5 and 6" size carriers. Very pleased with the outcome.
Product: Wrong size sent the lamp I bought needed either a 5 or 6" size.

Astana Kelim (244x366cm)

Natasha Vivian was amazing - and so patient with the lot at the European Commission - she deserves a medal.

Heraldic Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Sage

Service rating : The item arrived on time.
Product: The "wiring" thread is rather rough and will have to be moved each time someone sits down, more decorative than functional.

Empire Shade Linen (51cmDia) - Natural Linen

Service rating : Quick and efficient delivery.
Product: A beautiful lampshade. Exactly what I wanted.

Understanding, prompt answer, polite

Savile Armless Chair Loose Cover - Off-White

Took a few months to come!

Orleans Armoire - Linen Grey

Service rating : The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Two people I spoke to to make payment gave me different cost prices, the delivery date was unreliable. The only decent service I got was from the Broadway shop staff.
Product: It was broken. It was late, very late. Not good enough. OKA's design is lovely, OKA's standards of manufacturing, production and quality control are abysmal.

Hurlingham 2-Seater Sofa Loose Cover - Ecru

• Hurlingham 2-Seater Sofa - Ecru

Service rating : kept informed re delivery
Product: very creased

Tendril Bench - Metal

Service rating : Everyone at OKA really helpful.
Product: Very pretty bench. Efficient delivery.

Pompidou Coffee Table - Small

Tendril Bench - Metal

Service rating : See above
Product: Unfortunately haven't yet even seen the bench because the delivery company, Home Direct Logistics don't seem to be capable of arranging a delivery time to suit me. Very disappointed with this and haven't been able to resolve whatever their problem is yet. They seem to have forgotten I am the customer !

Malmo Headboard King (156x6x137cmH) - Flax

Service rating : I am very impressed by the quality of the approach that I have received from all the OKA personnel that I have had dealings with. Returns of damaged goods and queries about deliveries have all been very politely and speedily dealt with.
Product: 'Poor' simply because the delivery men were so eager to move on to the next delivery - they had overrun on their schedule - that they unpacked very carefully and quickly. It was only when they had gone and I admired the lovely headboard that i noticed the damage. I'm only guessing that it was still in it's shipping packaging and the damage had been done before being loaded on to the delivery van.

Santerno Table Lamp (15cmSqx48cmH) - Cobalt

Service rating : Very polite and friendly. Even removed packaging and took it away. Nice touch.
Product: Beautiful lamps , am so pleased.

Chantal Chair - Off-White

• Brooks 3-Seater Sofa Loose Covers - Off-White
  • Oval Shade Cotton (36x19x24cmH) - Off-White

Service rating : Superb delivery, on time , great caretaken when moving past walls and doors all packaging removed.
Product: A beautiful, elegant chair .

Bower Arch - Metal

• Tendril Bench - Metal

Service rating : OKA dealt with the above very well
Product: Wrongly sized in their brochure
Poor design
Cheaply constructed
Very poor value for money
Very disappointed

26-Jun

New Hampshire Armchair - Light Grey

Service rating : Excellent service as always.
Product: Lovely chair very comfortable.

26-Jun

Calbourne Chair - Light Grey (Curved Front)

• New England Two Seater Sofa - Light Grey

Pompidou Coffee Table - Small

Delivery etc was really well done, changed the date, came when they said they would and were very helpful and indeed charming, great experience all round as is going to your Ladbroke Grove Shop.

200ml Room Diffuser - Rose Garden

Service rating : Fast delivery. I had no contact with customer services as had no need!
Product: Scent very pleasant but a little weak.

• Pleated Linen Shade (40cmDiax28cmH) - Natural

Service rating : Sent wrong colour initially called your help line and a lovely guy sorted pick up and correct colour sent to replace more or less by return. Great service indeed.
Product: Lovely looking lamp great colour really chuffed

New Hampshire Armchair - Light Grey

Service rating : Very satisfied.
Product: Thrilled to bits with it.

Insignia Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Blue/Natural

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

I find that the charge for delivery is always a little expensive.

Cordoba Desk - Recycled Elm

Service rating : OKA have a great choice of furniture, however if you are outside London area the logistical side can be frustrating, in fairness OKA do show 15 working days, but you are notified that the furniture is with carriers very quickly and it seems the logistical stretch of the couriers is not appropriate to an expanding business model.
Product: Nice piece of furniture, which fills a space with interest.

Stork Lamp - Chrome

• Rectangular Card Shade (26x18x18cmH) - Cream
  • Mandalay Offering Table

Everything was excellent. However the packaging is so good I felt dreadful throwing away such good quality packing materials. Is there no way you can collect it at the time of delivery?

Lantau Console - Taupe/Antique Gold

• Lantau Desk/Dressing Table - Taupe/Antique Gold

Service rating : I was promised my tables on or before 25 June and was told today that they won't arrive until 2-3 July. Some I'm getting married this weekend (27 June) I really wanted the tables to be in the house where we'll have the party so I'm really disappointed
Product: My main problem is that it still hasn't arrived..

Calabash Table Lamp (27cmDiax41cmH) - Saffron

Service rating : all said in the first answer. Don't think I will be using them again.
Product: I ordered two lamps several months ago, and was then told they would be delivered at the beginning of June, the date given was not convenient, I requested a delivery after 2-30. the delivery company has failed to get in touch. I have since emailed oka several times, they said they would sort this out. Still waiting for any response.My request for a refund has also been ignored, as I will have to pay credit card bill in the next few days, and will be paying for something that I have not got, and has been in transport for several weeks.VERY DISAPOINTED *personal info removed by Feefo*

200ml Room Diffuser - Spring Garden

Very very good!!

The Haughty Whippet

Service rating : Good communication and fast delivery, thankyou Oka
Product: As described, very pleased with my whippet

Tatiana Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Ruby/Gold Print

Service rating : Excellent customer service. No quibble and free return. Simple.
Product: Quality was poor. The fabric was disappointing. I returned it.

22-Jun-2015
Service rating : Excellent service and people to deal with.
Product: Poor quality fabric.

Harlequin Belton Hurricane Lamp Small - Smoke

Service rating : Mail order service is dire - I have had to ring several times to get up to date
catalogues or sale previews. Actual telephone customer services is excellent -
lady I spoke to regarding purchasing above items which are very expensive
allowed a 15% discount and free delivery. Without that offer I would not
have bought them. She was very friendly and helpful - a pleasure to deal
with.
Product: These candle holders are much larger than I anticipated, should have
checked size first but was misled a little in description which said 'small'.
Quality is good but too big for the room I anticipated using them in - my
fault entirely.

Carisbrook Set

Service rating : When I spoke to Customer Services they were polite and helpful. Would be helpful if they sent an email acknowledging return etc, rather than having to wait for a letter.
Product: Table was damaged and of poor quality with sharp edges on the top. Not what you expect from OKA. I didn't accept the chairs in view of this, so can't comment on them.

Framed Ornothological Prints Parrots - Set of Six

Service ok, although till area can become crowded with staff

Rattan High Delta Box Small

Service rating : see comments in box above about collection of box
Product: Sizing not accurate. For price of box expected more. Replacement was correct size but was a lot of hassle and then additional box was not collected as arranged so we had to contact oka again to arrange collection.

The Upholstered Ottoman Medium - Moss Green

Very efficient delivery at a useful prearranged time.

The Avid Reader Bookends

Service rating : As I would expect it to be
Product: As I would expect it to be

Malmo Bedside Table - Flax

• Malmo Dressing Table - Flax
  • Cercle Mirror - Pale Olive

I appreciated the delivery service with carrying in and removing boxes. Much better than many other stores eg Habitat and John Lewis

22-Jun-2015
So far very good indeed. The delivery team for my dressing table and 2 large mirrors were first rate. They brought in the items...removed the packaging and took it away. They were courteous and helpful.

Sleeping Greyhound

Extremely efficient - the parcel arrived when I was told it would - I could not have asked for more!

Miscellaneous

I am happy with my furniture, but feel that the cushions/upholstery are slightly inferior

Glass Fragrance Diffuser - Lime Green

Service rating : Good.
Product: Just what I wanted.

Berber Lamp - Ochre

• Frond Lamp - Antique Gold
  • Rectangular Shade Linen (45x29x24cmH) - Natural Linen

Service rating : wrong information given several times for the delivery, the last woman I spoke to was helpful. The order was delayed because there were no carriages(?) for the lamp shades (the wire frame that connects it to the base). However they were inside the packages, a second set arrived a week later separately.
Product: gorgeous colours.

Hurlingham 2-Seater Sofa Loose Cover - Off-White

Service rating : So helpful
Product: Fabulous,lovely material

Faux Shagreen Boutique Tissue Box Holder - Ivory

• Faux Shagreen Fragrance Diffuser Holder - Ivory

Service rating : fantastic shop full of beautiful things
Product: love oka

Calabash Table Lamp (27cmDiax41cmH) - Saffron

Service rating : Despite efficient taking of order had to wait a month for delivery
Product: Colour was very different from several pictures in brochures. Rather than a bright yellow turned out to be a sallow yellow. I rely on brochure pictures as some distance from shop.

Miscellaneous

Service rating : Excellent service eventually from head office in replacing the shade, Harrogate did not have the authority other than me to pay in advance again and drive back to their shop for a replacement.
Product: One of the lampshades had to be returned due to fabric being poorly pleated showing when a light bulb was in it. This was a several mile journey to Harrogate and the replacement I had ordered and paid for in advance had a different fitting making it sit at a different height to the originsl one.

Natural Wooden Ring On Stand (25x8x40cm) Medium

• Driftwood Candle Holder - Low/Wide

Service rating : Service friendly and informative, Webb site and delivery good
Product: Both items very stylish, as usual, just what I wanted, as usual!!

Monticello Coffee Table - Gunmetal Grey

Service rating : Helpful and efficient
Product: Really nice quality and easy to fit together

Framed Ornothological Prints Parrots - Set of Six

• Delano Console - Taupe
  • Mala Candle Holder - Pale Blue

Service rating : I'm not sure who was to blame for the complete mix up over delivery. Dispatch company blamed oka. Oka blamed dispatch. This is appalling service. I would like to praise annabel fo Her excellent c/s. And also follow up call, her customer care is excellent an d a very pleasant person. Please give my thanks to her. Lady m Wishart
Product: Because of complete mix up over delivery date I have cancelled

Lantau Desk/Dressing Table - Taupe/Antique Gold

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Beautiful

Hexagonal Pavilion Lantern (43x43x61cmH) - Antique Gold

Service rating : prompt,efficient
Product: overall happy;only slight reservation is colour is much darker than in catalogue

£10 Gift Voucher

• £20 Gift Voucher

Service rating : prompt,efficient,understanding.
Product: very generous

17-Jun-2015

Purcell Vase - Tall

Service rating : I stated I would keep the one sent as I waited so long for it. I was told I would not have to pay for the delivery charge and get the refund in the difference as the wide vase was £4.00 cheaper so I was overcharged. When I received my refund it was only to cover the postage. I did not want to make a fuss but it seems no one actually wanted to know or care that I had to wait so long only to receive the wrong item.
Product: I ordered the tall Purcell vase and got the wide instead after waiting two months for it to arrive!

Rectangular Shade Linen (45x29x24cmH) - Natural Linen

Service rating : I had to ring OKA several times about the delay in the arrival of my products.
Product: A bit see through when light is on you can see the fittings !!

• Versailles Console - Small

Fine once you sorted out the difficulties with your website re delivery

Julliette Chair - Weathered Oak/Natural Hemp

Product: OK but the colour wasn't what I expected

Rattan Deep Carry

• Ivory Cutlery - Set of Twenty Four
  • Ivory Teaspoons Set of Six

All went according to plan and arrived well packaged.

Truffle Chair - Bitter Chocolate

• Heron Standing Lamp - Chrome

The recent order i have placed i dont know yet as it is not is stock so therefore not arrived!
BUT.......i have spent alot of money with a client over the last year and you have managed to screw up every delivery - not very impressed.

Bubble Jug - Forest

Service rating : Fast delivery
Product: Very pleased

Saltire TV Stand - Lichen Grey

Service rating : I ordered the TV stand in December last year. It took six months to arrive!
Product: it is a beautiful piece of furniture

14-Jun-2015

Upton Console Table - Linen Grey

Good

Saltire TV Stand - Ebony Brown

Service rating : Very good and helpful service. Terrific staff.
Product: Really good quality, just like the bookcase we bought a few years ago

Verdigris Chinese Bowl - Grey

Service rating : No communication of when 2nd bowl ordered at the same time as the first will arrive
Product: handsome and practical at a reasonable price

13-Jun-2015

Ananas Cushion Cover (46cmSq)

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (46cmSq)

Not delivered when promised despite 5 days notice, then when I arranged with them on the phone that I would collect from the Chelsea store on the Saturday morning, the store new nothing about it despite my having been assured that they would be informed and the product would be waiting.

Bower Arch - Metal

Service rating : Only the price of the Arch was refunded and not the Carriage price of £25. See above. Mail Order Staff were excellent, polite as always, and agreed refund of Carriage.
Product: The product was not the same measurements as advertised in the catalogues. I there asked for the £25 delivery charge to be refunded as well as the price of the Arch. We would not have ordered it had we know the true size. This was agreed.

Malaika Rug (244x305cm) - Blue/White

Service rating : The delivery guy immediately accepted the rug was damaged and asked Oka to send a replacement, leaving the damaged one with us until we received the replacement. Oka then followed this up with a call to confirm a replacement had been ordered. When I explained the rug is not as advertised and described the differences, Oka quickly accepted this and apologised. I do feel our experience points to a serious lack of quality control by Oka, which we have felt previously, and given the cost of this product that is not acceptable. Also, the waiting times for this rug are ridiculous.
Product: Our rug arrived and was damaged (rusty coloured stains). It was also not the rug advertised, although close! It was different dimensions and had tassels at each end. It was a duller blue/grey as well, but I accept there will be a degree of colour variation. Oka immediately accepted the rug is not as it should be, and also that it is damaged, so we are waiting for a replacement. I'm not sure that we will keep the replacement if it is the same texture as this rogue rug - it is an extremely tufty weave, so much so that the vacuum cleaner can't really cope with it (although Oka say it is fine to vacuum it as much as you like) and it looks very messy. Also, the long pile makes the pattern indistinct, which is a shame. I will submit another review when we receive the replacement rug!

Ghost Tea Cups & Saucers - Set of 4

staff is very friendly and quick deliverly

11-Jun-2015

Fleur de Lys Obelisk - Set of Two

thisitem I ordered same day (bench): was notified that somebody would contact me to arrange delivery, but nobody ever did and email asking what is going on remained unanswered

11-Jun-2015

Pompidou Side Table - Small

Service rating : Speedy delivery, and nicely packed. Thank you
(This is the second time I have given feedback!)
Product: This is a piece of furniture which looks lovely wherever I put it.

Camargue Chair - Linen Grey

• Aquila Bedside Table - Distressed Silver Grey
  • Rocca Chest of Drawers

Service rating : Store staff very good
Product: good service, well packaged

Faux Box Wreath - Green

Service rating : It arrived very quickly.
Product: For the price I thought it was extremely basic. I can't believe anyone would have paid £100 for this... I felt a bit stupid having paid £50.

Amalthea Lamp - Black

• Egret Lamp - Antique Black
  • Sulu Table Lamp (24cmDiax47cmH) - Black

Monitoring deliveries from an order of multiple items is a nightmare.

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Gainsborough Blue

Service rating : Customer service very good always helpful
Product: lovely cushion easy to pump up !

10-Jun-2015

Lycia Cushion Cover (51cmsq)

Service rating : Delivery very slow, and parcel not packaged very well.
Product: Good product.

Pistol Grip Cutlery Table Knives - Set of Four

• Pistol Grip Cutlery Dessert Knives - Set of Four
  • Pistol Grip Cutlery Dessert Forks - Set of Four

Service rating : swift receipt, well packaged
Product: The only reasonably priced heavy pstol grip cutlery on the markey - love them!

09-Jun-2015

Han Cabinet - Black

Service rating : Helpful.
Product: Beautiful.

09-Jun-2015

The Boy with the Red Turban Lamp (15cmSqx41cmH)

• Rectangular Shade Cotton (30x15x23cmH) - Off White

Service rating : Good service
Product: Bought a pair of lamps but shades do not sit at the same height