OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 7828 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Chesterfield Highrise King Leather Headboard - China Clay Leather

Service rating : Prompt efficient service.
Product: Just as pictured on the net - perfect for us.

Bacchus Side Table - White Wash

Service rating : I would have liked more notice of the date of delivery
Product: There were slight chip marks on the corner, but I didn't want to send it back as I had waited so long for delivery

Tendril Bench - Metal

• Tendril Chair - Metal

Service rating : no response. does this department actually exist?
Product: Bench is missing parts to put it together. Contacted customer service email. Still no response

Divot Vase - Large

• Faux Hydrangea Lilac and Berry Bunch

Service rating : Love love love this company, first class service
Product: Excellent item and fantastic value for money

Curlicue Chandelier - Antique Grey

We love Oka products but delivery times have been an issue

Drummond Sideboard (180x42x96cmH) - Flannel Grey

Service rating : Professional and prompt.
Product: Item damaged but OKA dealt with this this in a gracious and professional fashion.

Faux Stock Stem - White

• Dervish Vase

Excelllent

Grendilla Table Lamp - Aruba

Service was very good delivery on time and as arranged goods unpacked when deliverd all checked very good

Faux Potted Phalaenopsis Orchid Medium - White

• Faux Potted Phalaenopsis Orchid Small - White

Service rating : Superb delivery.
Product: Very real.

Rivulet Console Table - Antique Silver Leaf

Service rating : Delays in responding to emails, giving me misinformation.
Product: Love style and size of table but it is a rickety and moot as stable as you'd expect. Not value for money at all. Was advised it as pre assembled but this was not the case. Delivery men assembled it for me when asked. Feel cheated, especially when told it will cost me £50 to return what is a sub standard item. Not at all happy.

Faux Cherry Blossom Stem (113cmH) - Pale Pink

Service rating : Always great service!
Product: Very lifelike

Miscellaneous

Service rating : Paid for next day delivery, waited in all day and it didn't arrive. Customer services were abrupt and rude, had to call twice to chase delivery. It still didn't arrive on the day they said it would the second time! I received a refund for next day delivery, but obviously this didn't make up for two days of waiting in. Bad service.
Product: I was fortunate to get this half-price in the sale. It is certainly not worth full-price. The velvet isn't the best quality.

Hand Carved Preening Wading Bird

• Hand Carved Foraging Wading Bird
  • Plain Linen Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Off White

Service rating : Use the collection from your Froxfield showroom. Always excellent service. Also the telephone service is really good.
Product: Love the design. Very good finish.

Palau Silk Lampshade (45cm) - Sage

Particularly rate the delivery service. Drivers always prompt, polite and it's excellent that they unpack and check the product. (not the lamp shades but other items purchased).

Faux Stock Stem - White

Service rating : They were out of stock for quite a few weeks and didn't give me any time frame for when I would receive them. I phoned after a few weeks and they still couldn't confirm a delivery date. In an ideal world it would have been nice to be updated rather than having to chase them.
Product: Really beautiful, realistic faux stock, couldn't be happier.

Chelak Rug Small (170x240cm) - Indigo/Natural

Service rating : Good quick delivery, good service as always.
Product: It was not as expected or what I had wanted. I thought it would be cream and subtle blue. In fact dark beige and rather rough texture. It is a good quality rug

Faux Shagreen Drum Table - Mole Brown

Very helpful and pleasant people to deal with.

Costes Ottoman Small - Crimson Velvet

Service rating : Delivery service fine.
Product: It is not an ottoman. It is just a footstool. It does not open up for storage. It is not worth £80.

Faux Oregano Plant

Service rating : Not the quickest delivery, but good all round service.
Product: As a couple of previous reviewers have said this does look a little plasticky (sp?)
however, I have it placed on top of a 6ft cabinet and it is perfect for the spot. The urn is very nice and just the right shape and size.

Siam Lamp - Coral

• Tenganan Pleated Lampshade 45cm - Red
  • Tenganan Cushion Cover- Red

Three huge boxes arrived, perhaps less packaging somehow

Avignon Console Large - Weathered Oak

• Malmo Chest Drawers (92x40x77cmH) - Flax
  • Upton Console Table - Black/Weathered Oak

Terrible service, no apology, nothing ... we will not order again

Plain Velvet Fabric (140cmW) - Teal

Service rating : This was important to us as we were obliged to return, what for us was an expensiveI length of fabric because of a flaw in the weave. The Froxfield staff could not have been more apologetic and without question arranged for a replacement piece. They also took the trouble to check it on arrival so they were able to reassure us of it's condition. We were mightily impressed.
Product: We were so happy with this fabric. Perfect colour and the lady who made the door curtain with it said that it was a pleasure to work with as it hangs so beautifully.

Plain Linen Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Grey Blue

Really good service

Arabesque Standing Lamp (48x19x136cmH) - Black

• Oban Mirror Large (64cmDia) - Black/Gold

generally very good - am still awaiting he delivery of a chair which I ordered around six months ago - the delivery date keeps on being pushed back. Not too impressive on this particular occasion

Wide Woven Stripe Cushion Cover & Pad - Off White/Pale Pink

Service rating : Wow the delivery was quick!!!
Product: like the product and it was excellent value

Schiap Plate - Large

Service rating : I phoned customer services to discuss the poor quality of my plates and they organised to send 5 replacement ones. Unfortunately, they were worse than the first 8 plates. Am not sure what to do now?
Product: Am disappointed with the quality of my 8 plates. There are numerous blemishes on most of the plates. I feel that they look more like seconds; and I have paid full price for them. I still love the design, though!

Ophelia Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Cranberry

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Lovely cushions and very good customer service!

Parkstead Console Table

I think that Oka's service is excellent

Decorative Beads - Turquoise

Service rating : The ordering process was easy, the packaging gave good protection and the delivery was speedy.
Product: I bought these as a birthday present for someone who loves the colour turquoise and has used this colour scheme in her home decoration. They can be used by themselves on shelves or window sills or on furniture, but they can also be placed in various types of trays so this is a very versatile decorative item.

Conisbrough Dining Table - Grey

Service rating : great service , built table and took all packaging away
Product: very good table for scottish weather

Rivulet Console Table - Antique Silver Leaf

Staff very pleasant and extremely helpful.

Linen Cushion Cover 0756 (51cmSq) - Blood Orange

• Linen Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Blood Orange

Service rating : I took them back to the store in Harrogate and they were very helpful.
Product: Wrong colour - The covers were Maple red.

Costes Ottoman Small - Crimson Velvet

Service rating : very poor service 10 days a long time to deliver, also very badly packed , and delivered my a poor delivery service, not good for an upmarket company, also badly packed
Product: very nice stool, lovely colour

Circa Desk/Dressing Table - Limed Oak

Service rating : Delivered quickly and right.
Product: Looks very different than the pictures. Specially the colour as in real life is a bit greenish. Is also much smaller than I thought but that's my fault for not checking the dimensions.

Pompidou Side Table - Small

• Kyoto Side Table - Ebony/Brown
  • Cubist Bedside Table - Ebony/Brown

Service rating : Charming delivery man who took empty cardboxes for recycling. No hassle regarding returned unwanted goods. Very pleased indeed with my first experience with OKA Customer Service
Product: nothing wrong with the table, but not right for the room

Pulcinella Tumblers Set of Four (10cmDiax9cmH) - Red

Service rating : Service is fast and efficient and on collection, shop staff were helpful and pleasant.
Product: I like these glass tumblers very much, because of their beautiful colour and pattern, however I feel the lip is rather flat and harsh and the overall feel is large and chunky. Filled with liquid, these tumblers are unwieldy. I am already using them as tea light holders and am very happy with them as such.

Grendilla Table Lamp - Peacock

• Pleated Linen Shade (40cmDiax28cmH) - Off White

Only 1 of two lamps arrived, the second went missing. A massive unordered bed frame also arrived. It took two weeks to get a second lamp sent and to get the unordered bed frame removed. The two shades arrived separately and were the wrong size. and had to be replaced. The ordered and paid for cushions have never arrived and i am going to have to waste time chasing these. Luke in OKA customer service who was making a valiant attempt to sort this mess out stopped replying to emails and I had a message to say he was no longer with the company.

Woodroffe Wing Chair - Natural Linen

Service rating : The day after ordering, a message from OKA stated 'item despatched'. It took over two weeks to arrive. When I questioned Home Direct, they said they only delivered once per week (not even that in our case). You need a new Courier.
Product: The chair is well made and looks great. Just what we wanted.

Ashmolean Shelves - Tall (89x28x219cmH) - Flax

Service rating : The 2nd person I spoke to was much more reasonable and service orientated, but the first guy was not good at all. Delivery booking process and delivery slots available are outdated. OKA should look at AO to learn what 1st class delivery service looks like. Otherwise the poor delivery (that OKA actually charge you for) is a huge detractor from their premium product range.
Product: Still haven't received after almost a month

Beauvoir Dining Chair - Heron Blue

Service rating : Fine
Product: Lovely chair and comfortable - but not clear from the photos online quite how many studs there are on it, too many for my liking so I've returned the chair

Raw Silk Cushion Cover 51cmSq - Faded Blue Hydrangea

So many reminder telrphonecalls were needed to at lat receive my order.
And though I was promised not to have to pay for the postage, I received an extra invoive for P&P.
Thank you for asking for I don't think I would have bothered to complain.
For due to the bad service I had no trust that my complaint would have been listened to.
Kind regards,
Anja

Wooden Column Lamp - Antique Grey

• Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDiax23cmH) - Off White

01-May

Cabbage Jug - Green

Service rating : The box arrived in a few days and I was very nervous, but shouldn't have been because it was packed beautifully in its' own boxed polyfoam form.
Product: I love this jug. It's amazing. I feel very spoilt!

30-Apr

Ribbon Tassel - Dusky Blue/Citrine

Postage for a tassel was £5 and took nearly 2 weeks, nowadays if you order a small item you expect to receive it within the week.

30-Apr

Tatiana Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Turquoise/Gold Print

Order placed ..6 chairs paid for in store and awaiting delivery. Went shopping in Spain to get matching items and still hadn't heard about delivery although date was booked. Rang to confirm as had taken day off only to be told that my delivery would not be until June. Asked to speak to manager of customer services who then informed me that the stock taking had made a mistake and there were no chairs available any longer at all in any stores. Having bought a table to match and other items, including 6 of your cushions I was extremely angry and disappointed. Asked to see another chair again as a replacement and made arrangements to return and view. Rang in the morning as it is a good drive for me to be told the chair was waiting there. I asked them to check and make sure of model and colour and was told, yes, all here waiting for you to come over. When I arrived it was the wrong chair so by now I was quite angry. Valerie in store has been trying to help to put things right but I feel it's all too late and I couldn't recommend your service to anyone. Sorry but am so disappointed, how could this happen?

29-Apr

Bird Carriers - Pair

Service rating : The after sales service re my little birds was wonderful. No task too tiny for OKA
Product: The little glass birds are exquisite and remarkably good value

Orleans Armoire - Linen Grey

Service rating : Apologies but shouldn't happen in the first place!
Product: £2000 for the furniture which arrived with wonky handles, loose screws and dents. Not impressed.

Ashmolean Shelves - Low (90x28x83cmH) - Silver Birch

The items took over 3 months to be delivered. We had no updates as to when they were coming.

Round Karlstad Table - Weathered Oak

THE DELIVERY GUYS WERE VERY HELPFUL

Achatina Bowl - Turquoise

NIKKI has performed brilliantly ! Every person otherwise I have talked to or dealt with are each and every one of them kind, polite and efficient! Love OKA since years and congratulations to you all!

Camargue Chair - Linen Grey

Service rating : The delivery was fine
Product: very badly painted. I wish I had seen it in the store before purchasing as I would probably gone with the wood. It's thick and flat and looks amateurish not rustic
or chic which would have been ok

Divot Vase - Round

• Faux Ranunculus Bunch - Mixed Red

Service rating : Annabel is a superstar
Product: Good smallish size and not fussy

Grendilla Table Lamp - Aruba

Desperately need to rethink the delivery time and methods. Waited nearly a fortnight for my order, when i needed it next day. Slow to answer emails. cumbersome delivery service.

Valais Cushion Cover 60x35cm - Pink / Tangerine

Service rating : Always swig and prompt.
Product: Delicate design which makes other cushions stand out.

27-Apr-2016
Prompt and reliable.

Huguenot Embroidered Duvet Cover - King (225x200cm) - White

• Huguenot Embroidered Pillow Cases - Standard Pair (75x50cm) - White
  • Huguenot Plain Pillow Cases - Standard Pair (75x50cm) - White

Service rating : Speedy delivery and everything just as it should be.
Product: The duvet cover looks lovely on the bed, together with the matching pillowcases. Even more of a pleasure to get into bed!

Low Echo Chair Cover Plain Cotton - Oatmeal

Service rating : Endless charming people but actual service poor
Product: A shame range iscolour limited

27-Apr-2016
Very nice people but took numerous calls to get a result and was given inaccurate info

Alanya Rug (244x305cm) - Multi

Service rating : Although very pleased with the rug we bought, we will definitely think twice about buying large furniture from Oka again since we were horrified by the cost of delivery and the time it took to arrive. In this day and age you should be able to do far better than this. I ordered on 3rd April and it didn't arrive until 22nd. Charging £30 for this is just daylight robbery, especially for something that is 'in stock'. By comparison, I recently ordered a very large piece of furniture from a direct competitor of Oka's and the delivery only took 2 days and cost a fraction of the price. Very poor on Oka's behalf.
Product: Rug very good quality

Parquet Coffee Table - Recycled Elm

• Avignon Console Large - Weathered Oak

Delivery could be quicker, when a product is in stock it's disappointing that it takes so long to deliver because I live in Edinburgh not London.

Florya Espresso Mugs - Set of Four

my order was for espresso mugs and matching cups for a birthday present in april. there was no indication on the website that the full order was not in stock, so i am still awaiting delivery to give my friend her present. i will submit a comment about them when they arrive. the little cups are still in their box.

Peccioli Melamine Dinner Plate Set of Four - Azure

• Peccioli Melamine Bowl Set of Four - Azure

great

Grenadilla Table Lamp - Saffron

Service rating : I was not informed of the above when I bought the lamp
Product: The wiring was not for the UK, so I had to have it completely rewired a the fixings changed so my old lampshade would fit, not to mention the bulb.

Faux Cottage Garden Bunch - Multi

Service rating : Great and fast delivery too
Product: Beautiful flowers, look stunning in my living room and the variety of colours are lovely, very pleased with my purchase.

Ashbourne Bench Small (121x46x46cmH) - Weathered Oak Stripe

Service rating : Prompt delivery and well packaged and protected. Excellent all round
Product: This bench is so beautiful in every way. It is one of my favourite things in my house.

Peking Butlers Tray with Stand

Service rating : Clear accurate tracking information.
Product: Just like the photo. Very nice.

Half Burlington Table - Charcoal/Vintage Oak

Always impressive service

Faux Arctic Fox Pet Cushion Cover Large (100x70cm) - Arctic Fox

Service rating : Arrived promptly.
Product: I don't think he quality of the faux fur is as good as the previous one I bought a few years back.

Antique Early Paris Framed Map

The courier service has vastly improved since my last delivery from OKA.

Kraakware Lamp (25cmDiax24cmH)

• Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDiax23cmH) - White

Service rating : Friendly lady when I ordered and helpful. Also helpful when I phoned about the lamp base not being good enough also helpful when I phoned about not getting a bulb when expected. A Slightly higher maintenance order than it should have been but staff super towards me. Can't fault that.
Product: It's beautiful but the first one that arrived should have been checked for quality as it was way too crooked. The second one (replacement ) is only a little bit crooked and therefore this is the handmade look I guess. It was annoying to have to wait in for the replacement swap. This was my first experience of OKA. Also The the light bulb was more delayed than I had been told. But that was rectified by another being sent out.

Astrid Headboard Single - Flannel Grey

Service rating : Very pleased with the service so far, still waiting for item to be delivered though so can't comment on the product
Product: Not yet received

Peccioli Melamine Side Plate Set of Four - Azure

• Peccioli Melamine Bowl Set of Four - Azure
  • Shambhala Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Silver/Gold

Service rating : The free return service is very easy to set up though you do have to wait in for the collection which wastes a lot of your day. I could choose the day though. Very helpful staff at Oka.
Product: Very attractive. Pity it can't go in main section of dishwasher.

26-Apr-2016
When I initially tried to use a voucher code it would not accept it for a number of days. I tried to place my order by phone so I could use the code and on the first two occasions, despite being in normal working hours and letting it ring for a long time, nobody answered. I then emailed customer service and they took at least a couple of days to get back to me. I wasn't in a particular hurry so went on to order but I found it frustrating, particularly as Oka kept sending me emails to remind me I had items in my basket but when I went back to try and order again with the code, my basket had been emptied. I nearly gave up in frustration.

Pillar LED Candle Short - Ivory

Service rating : I hesitated between Good and Excellent, as initially I had some problems but I spoke to someone and they were very speedily rectified. I love Oka pieces and have several items of furniture and accessories in the house - a good shopping experience..
Product: Absolutely love them - they look so real but are totally safe if you forget to "blow out" at night - strongly recommend them.

Stork Lamp - Chrome

• Drum Shade Linen (20cmDia) - Natural

Service rating : FINE
Product: I LOVE IT

Cutlery Set - Ivory 24 piece

• Sorano Dinner Plate Large - White
  • Sorano Dinner Plate

Excellent product and service. Would definitely purchase more.

Jet Table - Rubbed Black

Service rating : Still not replied to my email which was sent a week ago.
Product: Item returned

The Haughty Whippet

Service rating : Delivery is fine, although not the quickest. Young gentleman in Harrogate store surpassed himself with friendliness and good service.
Product: Figure was a little 'cement' in colour; needs a bit more depth or 'aging'; but otherwise fine.

Tiffany Velvet Chair - Blue

Service rating : see above
Product: My order was accepted, after two weeks i e mailed to ask when the chairs were going to be delivered. I was then told that my payment had not gone through, as Oka had one digit incorrect on my payment card. By then, the chairs were no longer available.
I am now waiting for pictures i ordered and again have not been notified of a delivery date.

Hampton Console Table - Small

Service rating : Delivery guys were very good
Product: Lovely table

Octagon Side Table - Small

• Campaign Desk - Vintage Oak
  • Isphahan Chinese Barrel Seat - Iznik

Service rating : The driver was very pleasant and helpful, opening up the cartons in situ and taking away the packaging
Product: This is a very attractive side table which looks lovely in our sitting room

Hercule Mirror

Service rating : Particularly pleasant and efficient delivery service
Product: Looks amazing on the wall at the bottom of my stairs. It really enhances the space in a bold and dramatic way.

Plain Velvet Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Gainsborough Blue

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Service rating : Very happy with the delivery service and all contact.
Product: Beautiful colour and quality

Ikaria Cushion Cover (60x35cm) - Blue

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (60x35cm)

Service rating : I didn't contact customer service but they have always been very helpful.
Product: Really beautiful but rather pricey.

Indochine Bed End Chest

Service rating : The service was good
Product: The only thing, is that it smells very strong. I think it has been sprayed with something. It's been very difficult to get rid of the smell and now all my linen smells of it!

Chinese Barrel Seat - Silver

Service rating : The items arrived on time, securely packed, as the delivery note stated.
Thanks.
Product: Two of these items were suggested to a client for use as occasional extra seating in a constricted space. They are stylish, decorative and the client is delighted.

Library Shelves 7 Flat - Dove Grey

Service rating : Please see above
I feel the faulty item should not have been sent out. It was damge that had been painted over so not done in transit.
Product: The shelves delivered were faulty so were sent back. The replacements have not been delivered yet as times offered were very inconvenient.
Delivery company is inflexible and has taken too long.

Aprilia Lamp Glass/Polished Nickel & Shade - Natural Linen

Service rating : Although I had no concern with this lamp, I ordered in total this & 2 console tables & 2 side tables. So far I'm awaiting delivery day number 4 today as the delivery company Oka use is appalling- Home direct. I paid for these items a month ago and 2 arrived damaged, and today's is to take receipt of the one console they forgot to pack when bringing my delivery last Saturday. They seem to subcontract to their drivers and one father/son team were really good and helpful in placing the furniture boxes in a specific room and taking the faulty one away; another team advised me of their delivery with less than 24 hours notice, were late on the day and simply placed the items by my front door & asked me to sign the paperwork even though a piece was missing ( and when I unpacked, another faulty). Customer services at Oka have always been sympathetic to the replacement of faulty items & tried to organise the deliveries, but Home direct really let them down. My orders totally about £2,000 and this wasn't the quality I expected for this. Conversely I ordered a side table from Next on a Monday & received it the next day! I don't normally post feedback but feel other customers need to be advised in case they have the same difficulties. I love the products when they finally arrive in one piece but would have to think twice about ordering again unless the service improves.
Product: A beautiful state,net piece

Divot Vase - Round

• Bunch of Faux Garden Roses - Multi
  • Faux Ranunculus Bunch - Mixed Red

Very good

Glass Hurricane Lamp/Vase - Medium

Service rating : I had no interaction with customer service
Product: Expensive for what it is. Poorly packed so a relief that it wasn't broken.

23-Apr

Bordered Lakshmi Cushion Cover 51cmSq - Cobalt

• Duck Feather-Filled Cushion Pad (51cmSq)

Service rating : Always courteous and efficient. Thank you.
Product: A beautiful design and excellent quality, a simple and dramatic effect without being intrusive.

200ml Room Diffuser Refill - Citrus Garden

Service rating : Prompt arrival after purchase.
Product: Very pleasant aroma Citrus Garden, recommend, friend had it in her home, hence I loved the fresh aroma.

Magritte Mirror

Service rating : The first mirror was broken during delivery. OKA were very speedy in reordering a replacement. Their delivery company were very efficient at keeping me informed as to their time of arrival that day. Well done all.
Product: The mirror is very well made. A real statement piece.

Camargue Chair - Weathered Oak

Chairs were great when I eventually got the right ones
Customer service ranged from very very bad to excellent depending on who you spoke to
Ended up having to wait in all day on four days for the correct chairs to be delivered and the wrong ones taken away

Beauvais Bedside Table - Buttermilk

Service rating : Once I had contacted them by telephone and email the service improved and delivery arrived when they said it would
Product: Really nice product at a sensible price.

Turandot Lamp - Coral Red

• Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDiax23cmH) - Off White
  • Palau Silk Lampshade (50cm) - Red

Love Oka and a safe go to every time.

Beauvais Bedside Table - Lichen Grey

Service rating : always superb
Product: stylish

Beauvais Bedside Table - Buttermilk

Service rating : Always excellent.
Product: I bought the tables from the picture in the shop didn't have one on show. The paint on the actual ones is much shinier than described in the catalogue and that I had expected. Next time I will only buy after seeing the actual piece in the shop.

Carisbrook Set

Service rating : All good , delivery could have been faster
Product: Lovely, looks great and was easy to assemble

Coco Chair - Conker Quilted Leather

Service rating : all very smooth
Product: love the chair

Anastasia Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Citrine/Amethyst

• Anastasia Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Sodalite/Citrine Piping

ordered online for instore pick up.

21-Apr

Bamboo Photo Frame

• Arno Lamp & Drum Shade - Clear - Off White

Service rating : Can never get through by phone and emails sent take days to get a response. They seem to be playing at business.
Product: Quality poor, looks much better in the catalogue - the real item looked cheap and nasty in reality

21-Apr

Extra Large Linen Napkins - Set of Four (60cmSq)

Service rating : Ok again, but nothing out of the ordinary in terms of customer service as I ordered on line
Product: They're ok but not as white like the tablecloth. They look like they have been washed with a black sock in the washing machine. I will be keeping them though and hope they whiten up a bit with wear.