OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 4980 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Trivandrum Rug (240x310cm) - Red/White

• Plain Linen Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Natural
  • Plain Linen Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Off White

Service rating : The lady I spoke to over the phone was very helpful,but also had a great sense of humour ,made ordering great fun !!!!!!
Product: Love it ,very well wrapped.

Faux Berry Stem (92cmH) - Green

• Bottle Vase - Purple

Service rating : I had occasion to speak to customer services and they were very helpful.
Product: The colour was extremely darker than shown in the brochure.

Miscellaneous

I had a new Portsea(?) wineglass break mysteriously in the dishwasher - all others have always been fine. Deborah went out of her way to track down a replacement nationwide free of charge and had it delivered only a couple of days later! Brilliant customer service which sadly is very rare these days. Thank you.

Plain Twisted Wine Glasses small - Set of 4

Service rating : Very good service to replace a flawed glass with a full new set of 4. I received the order before Christmas but did not unpack them until February. They were replaced with no trouble at all and arrived the day after I rang Customer Services.
Product: These were a replacement for a set which had one glass with a serious flaw. OKA replaced the set rather than the individual glass which was most generous.

Campaign Desk - Vintage Oak

OKA customer service excellent. The courier service not good. I had to chase them to get a delivery date. I had to phone 3 times as each time they said they would call with a date, and didn't. The delivery driver however, was excellent. He called twice on the day, once to say he was en route and once to give me a delivery time.

Campaign Desk - Vintage Oak

Service rating : Everything went smoothly, just as one wishes
Product: The desk was well wrapped, and looks just like the catalogue picture. Works beautifully in our space.

Faux Shagreen Fragrance Diffuser Holder - Jade

Service rating : very good
Product: Very impressed, had made a comment on this product and they called me straight away and sent me a replacement.

04-Mar-2015
very good, lovely products

Room Fee

A very useful service - we had excellent advice on what to get - and very promptly too.

Olympique Desk - Pale Olive/Mango Wood

• Olympique Chest of Drawers - Pale Olive/Mango Wood

Manager, Dan, bent over backwards to help when our first delivery went badly wrong. The British guys who delivered the first time, damaged our newly painted wall and tried to change the delivery time with almost no notice. They also failed to give me a call an hour before delivery and just turned up with no apology. The second delivery of a new desk, went really well and both the Lithuanian guys who delivered were excellent, courteous, and extremely helpful.

Olympique Mirror - Pale Olive

Service rating : Excellent as always.
Product: Very pleased with this mirror. Rather a crude finish and the glass isn't the best but overall still very pleased for the,price.

The Quatrefoil Mirror

Service rating : I think Oka is fantastic always courteous and always obliging I have shopped since you had the shop on Sloane street,I am waiting now for the mirror to be collected as I am returning it. I hope it will be soon as it is leaning against my sofa and a bit inconvenient but I tell everyone about Oka it is a great shop. Thankyou.
Product: It is not suitable and much too heavy for my husband and me to manoeuvre and athe antiqued mirror when in my room did not look atall authentic

Varese Bench - Eau de Nil

It was efficient and clear

Chinon Armchair - Cream Cotton

Service rating : Meant to be excellent but my finger too large.
Product: I thought it would be cream as in the catalogue but it appears to be beige! Perhaps the one advertised was white!

Stockholm Desk - Lichen Grey/ Weathered Oak

The order went to the wrong address - not the one I had given. Phone calls from driver did not give a return number so I could not call back. This then required a phone call to your office where someone tracked down the driver and delivery was achieved. Since I had come from London to receive this delivery in Bath, I was not pleased at the prospect of another delivery date.
Also, your dropdown list of 'titles' on the online order from does not include mine - Revd - although there is an extensive choice.

Bird Paintings - Set of Twelve

Service rating : Really pleased with your service, thank you
Product: Excellent

Barathea Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Sea Blue

I have asks on numerous occasions to be selfs from your databases, I would appreciate it if that could by efficiently organised for me. Clarke your online option doesn't work properly.

Olympique Mirror - Pale Olive

Service rating : calls answered quickly and lovely operator
Product: Lovely mirror - useful in any space - have it behind free standing bath. As always extremely well packaged when delivered.

Britten Vase

• Chinon Desk - Antique Oak

We had what is an expensive desk delivered - only for the courier not to build it properly. We questioned that there were insufficient bolts (he put in 4 - 1 without a washer - rather than 8) and made an off-hand comment that someone might be back to repair it that day. If we had put the computer on the desk as they left it - it would have collapsed. It then took more chasing and more delays for someone to return to fix it nearly a week later. For a £1k piece of furniture this is totally unacceptable and a woeful failing. I don't intend to shop with Oka again after this experience. Days wasted chasing and waiting for people to turn up - it's the sort of service you might get with Ikea...in fact not sure even they would leave a half-built table like this.

04-Mar-2015
See comments above.

Rajasthan Pleated Shade (45cmDia) - Red/Off-White

Looking forward to click and collect at Froxfield as delivery costs are expensive.

Camargue Chair Special Purchase Padded Cane Seat - Walnut

Really EXCELLENT!

£50 Gift Voucher

n/a

Ashburnham Quilt double

Really good, thank you. I wouldn't like my house to have a typical OKA all-over look though it's very nice to buy bits and pieces.

Xin Bedside Table - Black

Service rating : Helpful staff in the Harrogate store. Delivery and unpacking speedy and efficient.
Product: A well made and finished decorative and functional piece of furniture. As I bought two though it would have been even better if the doors could have been made as a pair with opposite opening doors. Nevertheless, delighted.

Rattan Underplate

Service rating : customer service very good
Product: poor quality - not worth the price - had to send one back but was replaced

Faux Summer Garden Bunch (25cmH) - Multicoloured

• Mini Pillow & Pad

Service rating : Emjoy the swift delivery
Product: Am delighted with my decoration though for me the two very bright sweet peas were a bit over the top!!