OKA Direct Ltd Reviews

Consumer ratings of OKA Direct Ltd

Feedback for www.okadirect.com has been compiled from 7785 Customer Reviews

• 19/03/2012
  • Established in 1999 as an Interiors mail order catalogue, OKA offers an entire range of products for the home, including sofas, upholstered furniture, dining tables and chairs, curtains, storage, beds, headboards and linen, rugs, lighting and so much more, which can be delivered to your home anywhere in the world. The extensive furniture range includes painted, rattan, bamboo, sofas, beds, tables, chairs and armoires. Over the last 11 years, OKA has developed into a multi channel retailer currently operating 13 shops across the United Kingdom alongside a mail order, online and trade service.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.okadirect.com

Ribbon Tassel - Dusky Blue/Citrine

Postage for a tassel was £5 and took nearly 2 weeks, nowadays if you order a small item you expect to receive it within the week.

Tatiana Cushion Cover (51cmSq) - Turquoise/Gold Print

Order placed ..6 chairs paid for in store and awaiting delivery. Went shopping in Spain to get matching items and still hadn't heard about delivery although date was booked. Rang to confirm as had taken day off only to be told that my delivery would not be until June. Asked to speak to manager of customer services who then informed me that the stock taking had made a mistake and there were no chairs available any longer at all in any stores. Having bought a table to match and other items, including 6 of your cushions I was extremely angry and disappointed. Asked to see another chair again as a replacement and made arrangements to return and view. Rang in the morning as it is a good drive for me to be told the chair was waiting there. I asked them to check and make sure of model and colour and was told, yes, all here waiting for you to come over. When I arrived it was the wrong chair so by now I was quite angry. Valerie in store has been trying to help to put things right but I feel it's all too late and I couldn't recommend your service to anyone. Sorry but am so disappointed, how could this happen?

Bird Carriers - Pair

Service rating : The after sales service re my little birds was wonderful. No task too tiny for OKA
Product: The little glass birds are exquisite and remarkably good value

Orleans Armoire - Linen Grey

Service rating : Apologies but shouldn't happen in the first place!
Product: £2000 for the furniture which arrived with wonky handles, loose screws and dents. Not impressed.

Ashmolean Shelves - Low (90x28x83cmH) - Silver Birch

The items took over 3 months to be delivered. We had no updates as to when they were coming.

Round Karlstad Table - Weathered Oak

THE DELIVERY GUYS WERE VERY HELPFUL

Achatina Bowl - Turquoise

NIKKI has performed brilliantly ! Every person otherwise I have talked to or dealt with are each and every one of them kind, polite and efficient! Love OKA since years and congratulations to you all!

Camargue Chair - Linen Grey

Service rating : The delivery was fine
Product: very badly painted. I wish I had seen it in the store before purchasing as I would probably gone with the wood. It's thick and flat and looks amateurish not rustic
or chic which would have been ok

Divot Vase - Round

• Faux Ranunculus Bunch - Mixed Red

Service rating : Annabel is a superstar
Product: Good smallish size and not fussy

Grendilla Table Lamp - Aruba

Desperately need to rethink the delivery time and methods. Waited nearly a fortnight for my order, when i needed it next day. Slow to answer emails. cumbersome delivery service.

Valais Cushion Cover 60x35cm - Pink / Tangerine

Service rating : Always swig and prompt.
Product: Delicate design which makes other cushions stand out.

27-Apr-2016
Prompt and reliable.

Huguenot Embroidered Duvet Cover - King (225x200cm) - White

• Huguenot Embroidered Pillow Cases - Standard Pair (75x50cm) - White
  • Huguenot Plain Pillow Cases - Standard Pair (75x50cm) - White

Service rating : Speedy delivery and everything just as it should be.
Product: The duvet cover looks lovely on the bed, together with the matching pillowcases. Even more of a pleasure to get into bed!

Low Echo Chair Cover Plain Cotton - Oatmeal

Service rating : Endless charming people but actual service poor
Product: A shame range iscolour limited

27-Apr-2016
Very nice people but took numerous calls to get a result and was given inaccurate info

Alanya Rug (244x305cm) - Multi

Service rating : Although very pleased with the rug we bought, we will definitely think twice about buying large furniture from Oka again since we were horrified by the cost of delivery and the time it took to arrive. In this day and age you should be able to do far better than this. I ordered on 3rd April and it didn't arrive until 22nd. Charging £30 for this is just daylight robbery, especially for something that is 'in stock'. By comparison, I recently ordered a very large piece of furniture from a direct competitor of Oka's and the delivery only took 2 days and cost a fraction of the price. Very poor on Oka's behalf.
Product: Rug very good quality

Parquet Coffee Table - Recycled Elm

• Avignon Console Large - Weathered Oak

Delivery could be quicker, when a product is in stock it's disappointing that it takes so long to deliver because I live in Edinburgh not London.

Florya Espresso Mugs - Set of Four

my order was for espresso mugs and matching cups for a birthday present in april. there was no indication on the website that the full order was not in stock, so i am still awaiting delivery to give my friend her present. i will submit a comment about them when they arrive. the little cups are still in their box.

Peccioli Melamine Dinner Plate Set of Four - Azure

• Peccioli Melamine Bowl Set of Four - Azure

great

Grenadilla Table Lamp - Saffron

Service rating : I was not informed of the above when I bought the lamp
Product: The wiring was not for the UK, so I had to have it completely rewired a the fixings changed so my old lampshade would fit, not to mention the bulb.

Faux Cottage Garden Bunch - Multi

Service rating : Great and fast delivery too
Product: Beautiful flowers, look stunning in my living room and the variety of colours are lovely, very pleased with my purchase.

Ashbourne Bench Small (121x46x46cmH) - Weathered Oak Stripe

Service rating : Prompt delivery and well packaged and protected. Excellent all round
Product: This bench is so beautiful in every way. It is one of my favourite things in my house.

Peking Butlers Tray with Stand

Service rating : Clear accurate tracking information.
Product: Just like the photo. Very nice.

Half Burlington Table - Charcoal/Vintage Oak

Always impressive service

Faux Arctic Fox Pet Cushion Cover Large (100x70cm) - Arctic Fox

Service rating : Arrived promptly.
Product: I don't think he quality of the faux fur is as good as the previous one I bought a few years back.

Antique Early Paris Framed Map

The courier service has vastly improved since my last delivery from OKA.

Kraakware Lamp (25cmDiax24cmH)

• Drum Shade Cotton (40cmDiax23cmH) - White

Service rating : Friendly lady when I ordered and helpful. Also helpful when I phoned about the lamp base not being good enough also helpful when I phoned about not getting a bulb when expected. A Slightly higher maintenance order than it should have been but staff super towards me. Can't fault that.
Product: It's beautiful but the first one that arrived should have been checked for quality as it was way too crooked. The second one (replacement ) is only a little bit crooked and therefore this is the handmade look I guess. It was annoying to have to wait in for the replacement swap. This was my first experience of OKA. Also The the light bulb was more delayed than I had been told. But that was rectified by another being sent out.