Monarch Airlines Reviews

Consumer ratings of Monarch Airlines

Feedback for www.monarch.co.uk has been compiled from 176221 Customer Reviews

• 18/11/2013
  • Monarch offers flights to Europe from six UK airports and is committed to providing a quality service, with experienced, professional staff.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.monarch.co.uk

Your booking experience

All went well, except the booking of seats, which for a technophobe like me, was not as easy as it might have been!

Your booking experience

The only problem i found was the essentials price was showing the same as the flight price and that was the major reason for me making the booking,when i got to final pricing it showed up at £120 more than i expected

Your booking experience

The booking experience online was poor. I had to re-enter my flights and information 6 times because it froze on:-
1 X trying to book plane seats
4 X wouldn't move past the insurance pop up
2 X Just threw off the site

If Jet2 had flights when I wanted to fly, I would definitely been booking with them, mainly because I prefer them as an airline but the online experience is infinitely easier. Nearly every time I've flown with Monarch, there have been severe delays with replacement planes having to be sent for. I have zero confidence that this will not happen this time but unfortunately, Jet2 have been unable to provide flights on the necessary days - you on the other hand are promising to provide them but only time will tell whether you deliver.

Very competetive
Easy to use website
Always found them reliable and on time
We feel very comfertable using Monarch

Your booking experience

Disappointed that after booking there was no confirmation of my booking!

Your booking experience

booking process online smooth and no issues

Your booking experience

I would like to be able to book certain extras such as extra legroom without having to book the Extra Package as we do not need 3no 26kg cases.
Effectively I am paying for extras I do not need.
This as the effect of making your prices uncompetitive.
I would like your response as this could prevent me using Monarch.
We go to Tenerife four times a year.
john

Your booking experience

I've used Monarch Airlines many times and I am happy to continue doing so. They offer flexibility and good value for money. Pay for any extras you need without paying for what you don't.
Staff onboard are friendly and helpful.

Your booking experience

Smooth and simple website. Decently priced also

Your booking experience

FAQ's do not desk with simple requests ie obtaining vantage club numbers etc.
Nightmare website. Nit user friendly

Your booking experience

The booking process was straightforward. I have always found Monarch to be an excellent airline.

Your booking experience

Have only booked the flights so have no relevant comments.

Easy to use.
However, checking in on line seat booking fee is not stated in initial costs and is annoying. This should be clearly stated at time of booking as it adds to the cost when comparing to other carriers.

Your booking experience

Have used airline several times and have had no problems at all. Very straightforward booking instructions.

Your booking experience

I choose to pay more for Monarch becuase I hate the low cost airlines like Ryanair. However I think marketing the flights as lower cost and then charging for baggage and seating is not good practice. I find some aspects of the website a tad irritating and poorly designed. The checkin part of the communication and website is confusing and you think you are paying again for seating and baggage and I ended up removing my baggage allowance. They need to make their app link with checkin and notifications and also add it to passbook.
I am not very pleased this year. I have booked the same flight on a sunday at lunchtime to AGP for years and now I find it is first thing in the morning- have to get up at 3am to catch the flight! Please put back your lunchtime flights!

Your booking experience

I found the web site easy to use and was impressed that my chosen selection came up quickly and was easy to understand.
During booking and once I had booked, although I was offered the services such as seat bookings, car hire etc., if I didn't want them, they were easy to by-pass. And, of course, the main thing was that my flights were good value.

Your booking experience

Always been satisfied, good value for money .

Your booking experience

Tall people should not be penalised by having to pay for extra leg room if they cannot fit in the seat

Your booking experience

Like the service and always try to use Monarch for short haul holidays

Your booking experience

Good prices, but still have to travel. When booking Flight, difficult to go back when you want to cancel extra pay por chosing sit.

Fair prices

Your booking experience

Only issue was that the online booking system wouldn't accept payment by Maestro - it kept saying that more information was needed but did not tell me what. All info seemed to be there including ticking the terms & conditions box. I think it was the Switch issue details which don't apply to Maestro. It immediately accepted a credit card with the same info, but I had to pay extra.
Thanks

Your booking experience

We have found them to be reliable in the past.
We are also very pleased that there is a direct flight to Turin from Birmingham and would like to see it become a regular route year round.

Excellent booking procedure.

Your booking experience

I used to fly with monarch a lot, but now use Ryanair more as I fly back and to to Faro/ Manchester on a Monday/ Thursday basis and Ryanair are generally the cheapest and best timed flights. The winter months flights have changed so now booking monarch for my flights back to Manchester.