John Smedley Reviews

Consumer ratings of John Smedley

Feedback for www.johnsmedley.com has been compiled from 2283 Customer Reviews

• 06/03/2012
  • At John Smedley we're known for high quality knitwear and a rich 225-year heritage. We're a luxury brand with roots in the Derbyshire countryside and garments regularly featured in some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines. Though our past helps make us who we are, it's our design and innovation that keeps us at the forefront of contemporary fashion.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.johnsmedley.com

Dorset In Mazarine Blue

• Dragoon In Blue-Roan
  • Dolton In Blue Roan

Quick service

Kacey-Pimento-S

Service rating : John Smedley is generally very good but I do think their online service is lacking- half the time they never have the colour/ style that I want. I think the range of knitwear and the website itself could be improved. The john smedley team/ customer services are always excellent, very helpful and quick to process returns.
Product: The jumper wasn't the right size - unfortunately this colour was never stocked in the Brook st store or online in this style and I had to ring John Smedley's head office.I have this jumper in a different colour and love it but again the colour range is limited- black, navy ,silver - no reds! I would like to see more of the warmer tones coming through like Pimento.

Belvoir-Papaya-L

It took a little longer to receive the colour card which I requested than I had thought it would and in the event the Spring/Summer one was sent and not the Autumn/Winter which I had asked for. When I received the correct one I quickly made up my mind to choose the colour Papaya and was delighted with the pullover which was despatched promptly. It is a pleasure to wear.

1012msig In Midnight

• Pennine In Silver
  • Bobby In Tourmaline Blue

fast service, blue was not as screen colour though (still ok, but if full price would have sent it back)

Cowley In Espresso

Service rating : Always good quality, quick delivery.
Product: Very nice. Many thanks.

Teri In Midnight

• Susan In Midnight

Service rating : An ethical company that does not abuse human rights.
Product: Well-made, durable and of excellent quality materials.

Bampton In Silver

• Bampton In Navy

Excellent service

1008msig In Winter White

Very prompt despatch and delivery but website tracking option not working

Kite In Charcoal

• Jemma In Winter White
  • Kite In Indigo

Very speedy service

Catkin-Creme-Caramel-L

• Tracey-Bunny-L
  • Bela-Navy-L

Service rating : Really helpful and efficient staff. Products arrived promptly and were very well packaged with free returns label.
Product: Nothing wrong with it at all, but wasn't keen on the colour and hadn't noticed that it was a slim fit.

Braedon In Black

DHL is not an acceptable courier. Cannot check progress to ensure delivery.

Arthur In Silver

• Kesha In Eggshell Blue
  • Kesha In Vintage Denim

A good company to do business with. Website clear and easy to use. Products were despatched promptly and received safely ahead of anticipated date.

Dione In Black

Service rating : Reliable and consistent quality
Product: Perfect office to going out, excellent quality

Dione In White

• Dione In Silver
  • Sandpiper In Apple Red

I always try to save up enough to afford J Smedley garments because the quality of garment and fabric are so beautiful and last me for ages. They wear well and wash well and the colour range is a delight, I think the customer service is tops and the fabric quality extends even to the packaging.

Lacie In Black

• Lacie In Cameo Pink
  • Lacie In Lemon Drizzle

Amazing quality.

Hornet In Midnight

Good quality

Havant In Tourmaline Blue

Product was received in good condition in good time.

Belden In Navy

Speedy delivery, well packaged. Products excellent

Dover In Black Cherry

• Lionel In Pale Blue
  • Dover In Midnight

bloody terrible…order three months late even after i cancelled it out.

it's even the wrong order !

Bobby-Apple-Red-XL

Service rating : Very good.
Product: I am very pleased with the pullover.

11-Apr

Hendon In Charcoal

Service rating : Time from order to delivery was very slow particularly as UK based company and delivery to UK address. Order other items from Addidas by comparison on same day and they arrived 1 day earlier despite being shipped from Holland !!
Product: When product arrived the label said slim fit. This wasn't advised on the website when order so have had to return product as too tight. Please bring back a selection of regular fit items there's definitely still a big market for such goods.

11-Apr

Belden In Silver

The delivery took longer than expected. And when it was delivered the courier did not leave a note to say they tried, so spent days wondering where the item was, it's your responsibility to ring the courier and rearrange delivery

Marcus In Electric Purple

• Kendal In Mazarine Blue

Easy shopping experience.

Seth In Navy

• Adrian In Navy
  • Finchley In Tourmaline Blue

Service rating : Brilliant service!!!
Product: Perfect.

Viscount In Charcoal

• Dolton In Auburn Glow
  • Buttercup In Bunny

Service rating : The only company I buy sweaters from. The quality, designs, and craftsmanship are head and shoulders above anything else.
In terms of service - on the website it would be good if you could coordinate the shopping basket for Sales goods on the main site with orders on the Outlet site. It seems the two are currently separate with is frustrating and doubles the postage. I have been put off making additional orders on the Outlet site because of this so I'm sure it does translate into lost sales.
Finally, in my opinion publishing the comments added from this survey on a website will reduce the quality and quantity of feedback you receive. It confuses a marketing activity and a continuous improvement process. I was close to not submitting this form when I read the publication note.
Product: Design has changed from a previous version I have. Those changes weren't immediately obvious from the online site and I do prefer the previous cut. I rate both as excellent, though.