John Smedley Reviews

Consumer ratings of John Smedley

Feedback for www.johnsmedley.com has been compiled from 3223 Customer Reviews

• 06/03/2012
  • At John Smedley we're known for high quality knitwear and a rich 230-year heritage. We're a luxury brand with roots in the Derbyshire countryside and garments regularly featured in some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines. Though our past helps make us who we are, it's our design and innovation that keeps us at the forefront of contemporary fashion.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.johnsmedley.com

Daniella In Snapdragon Pink

• Islington In Snapdragon Pink

Service rating : Quick delivery and well packaged.
Product: Excellent quality as expected from John Smedley.

Salton In Navy / Sorrel Red

• Wyvern In Egyptian Blue

Service rating : One of the best for online sales. Efficient, reliable and swift service even at busy times.
Product: Very pleased

Pike In Black

Service rating : The website is easy to use and my order was dispatched and delivered in a couple of days
Product: An excellent quality product.

Flick In Venetian Red

• Helka In Midnight
  • Geilo In Midnight

The service from your online store is excellent.

Connaught In Bordeaux

Service rating : Great products and quick service.
Product: Excellent product quality, as always.

Roe In Ski Blue

Service rating : absolutely fine
Product: arms a bit long, but beautiful

Lyndhurst In Egyptian Blue

• Lyndhurst In Lunar Blue

Offer for 10% did not work - I subscribed and didn't recieve a corresponding email (I tried several different email accounts, checked spam) - Therefore not able to take advantage of the offer and lost out on the discount- disappointing service but great product.

City In Black

• City In Silver

Deliver took more than two weeks and a phone call from me to remind you. Seems there was a system error. Poor.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I am very sorry that there was an issue with the processing of your order and that you have had to wait so long to receive this. I can confirm this is now with DHL for delivery but should you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service team directly.

Yours sincerely,
Freya Oliver - Customer Service Manager

Belvoir In Egyptian Blue

Service rating : Adequate.
Product: It's a nice garment, but I will be exchanging it because it is a bit too small, and the colour appears different on the website. I just hope I won't be charged the delivery fee again, as the only option was DHL express and it took four days to arrive!

Ashmount In Italian Plum

Service rating : The online transaction didn't work so I called the following day and they processed my order and kindly gave me a further 10% discount when the item didn't arrive the next day as it was supposed to
Product: Beautifully cut, lovely material. The best. Proud to be British when you wear a Smedley

Whitaker In Midnight/Snow White

Service rating : rapid delivery appreciated
Product: matches website description well.

Essery In Silver

The original jumper ordered was too small, however it was very easy to send back and swap for a larger size, and the new jumper arrived shortly afterwards.

Noah In Firecracker

Service rating : The whole process was smooth, like the feel of Sea Island cotton on skin
Product: Great products, classic design. An on going staple of my wardrobe. If it hold up as well as previous John Smedley items I will be extremely pleased.

Rhombus In Midnight

Service rating : Fast delivery, but charging £5 postage for an already expensive item was annoying.
Product: Lovely colour and shape. Good fit.

Riccolo In Charcoal

Service rating : Peerless quality although a little staid in its designs.
Product: Very useful scarf.

Willemina In Midnight

Service rating : Ok but not as speedy delivery as other websites
Product: Lovely colours and smooth feel wool.

Roe In Black

Service rating : Quality of products purchased in the past excellent. Delivery service excellent.
Product: The size in length is shorter than the previous jumpers (same type) I have purchased from you.

27-Jan-2015
The feedback process provided by email takes an OK feedback to terrible. Although I'm not 100% happy the 3 options provided are contact JS, update my feedback or I'm obviously happy. The fact is I'm too busy to chase up, if I had wanted to contact JS I would have done this anyway and no my concerns have not been addressed. Anyway, just to let you know (constructive feedback and I do love your products) that the 3 options provided on the web feed create a poorer overall experience than the one I already experienced.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry you seem to have a problem with the length of the item you have purchased. Due to the way our garments are made there may be some small variance in the measurements between pieces however, if this is excessive, or if you are not completely happy with the item please do not hesitate to return it to us and we can take a look for you.

Yours sincerely,
Freya Oliver - Customer Service Manager

Marcus In Black

Service rating : Amazing products. Decent website, but could be quicker on an iPad.
Product: Most durable product on the market. And washable too. Worth every penny

Cleves In Silver

Service rating : Quick delivery & overall very good with regard to the on-line purchase.
However, I originally tried to purchase a silver colour sweater of some style from the Brook Street store but many of the styles shown on the website are not available which is disappointing from a flagship West End store. I understand its commercially impractical to carry every style, size and colour but you need to try different styles on to see which ones suit you best. If it hadn't been for the helpfulness of the girl who served me in advising that I needed a large in some styles & an extra large in others I may have ordered wrongly on-line which would have involved returning items which would have lead to a far lesser experience.
Product: Actual product is good but only due to the fact that I was advised in store (as above comment) to order the x-large size. Disappointing that Cleves appeared the website one minute and then had to be searched for the next time. Also disappointing to find no discount on the more popular ranges unless you sign up for the news letter and this can only be used once. All the unpopular stock is heavily discounted which I fully understand but it would leave a nicer taste in the mouth if there was at least a small discount to be had on the better selling lines.

Gerry In Charcoal

• John Smedley Cotton Wash (475 ml)

Service rating : Excellent product backed up by excellent service.
Product: Quality and style were excellent but shorter in the body than other easy fit garments, so had to return.

Hornet In Midnight/Snow White

Very quick to send me a beautifully packaged item!

Luke In Firecracker

• Talbot In Bordeaux
  • Alnwick In Silver

Good

Steadman In Bordeaux

• Town In Bordeaux

Service rating : Easy to use. Size guide was very accurate.
Product: Great fit. Colour very similar to the one on the website.

Daniella In Ski Blue

• Daniella In Spanish Pink
  • Leelo In Silver

Service rating : Always fast and reliable delivery. Good e-mail notifications.
Product: Good, easy wearing top.

Cora In Midnight

Service rating : Very good. Super fast delivery. Nicely packaged.
Product: Excellent quality item.