John Smedley Reviews

Consumer ratings of John Smedley

Feedback for www.johnsmedley.com has been compiled from 2684 Customer Reviews

• 06/03/2012
  • At John Smedley we're known for high quality knitwear and a rich 225-year heritage. We're a luxury brand with roots in the Derbyshire countryside and garments regularly featured in some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines. Though our past helps make us who we are, it's our design and innovation that keeps us at the forefront of contemporary fashion.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.johnsmedley.com

Abby In Silver

• Debbie In Tourmaline Blue
  • Saara In Lemon Drizzle

Service rating : Dispatched very quickly and well packaged
Product: Like the top - wearable as it looked on the website

Gowan In Macadamia

Service rating : What can I say....They delivered on time (Via UPS)...they got my order right 1st time.
I am very pleased with the level of service and would recommend ordering from John Smedley to a Friend....!!
Product: Excellent Quality of Knitwear....Very pleased with my cardigan and feel sure that it should age well...!

Finagon In Racing Green

Service rating : Speedy delivery and pleasing packaging.
Product: Great fit, super colour.

Orchid-Pimento-L

• Buttercup-Heather-M

Service rating : Very good and quick service. Only disappointment was that I got a call to say that there was one medium left, but I got sent a large and it was too big
Product: Lovely colour

Belvoir-Firecracker-L

Service rating : Your service was absolutely excellent and couldn't be faulted in any way. The cost of postage is now, at £5, acceptable. Hitherto a cost of £10 should be considered as nothing short of extortion.

Sincerely,

Robert Kay
Product: The sweater is far too thin to be worn beneath a blazer, as suggested by yourselves, and would need to be worn under another woollen layer. To be worn as you suggest, it would need to be twice as thick. I have purchased John Smedley sweaters in the past but will in future either be purchasing from a shop or from your factory outlet - I will not be purchasing online. Not being familiar with wool gauges, your description was meaningless. Two ply or three ply is more useful.

Sincerely,

Robert Kay

Dawn In Bordeaux

Just had a problem with code. It would have been easier if I was told there was no space between word and number which was on the card. But got there in the end. Speed of delivery good.

Luke In Spanish Pink

• Bampton In Silver

Fantastic quick service/delivery

Wentworth In Espresso

Good service. Website is a bit rudimentary; would be nice to be told if something is out of stock *without* having to add it to basket

Bela In Navy

• Jemima In Navy
  • Rochelle In Charcoal

Service rating : Good service and high quality products. Customer services staff very helpful.
Product: Nice quality cardigan, hangs well. However would be greatly improved if it was a few inches longer.

Buzz In Blue Reflection

• Roe In Emperor Purple

Service rating : Excellent service, fast delivery. Have always purchased John Smedley products and never dissapointed.
Product: Only slight issue was that the fit (m) came up smaller that their other (m) jumpers.

Isis In Silver

Service rating : On the day I expected to receive my shirt, it hadn't arrived by the time the post had been delivered (it was to arrive later in the day). Being concerned, I phoned JS customer services to see whether they could track my order... the lady was abrupt and rude on the phone; telling me to do it myself (even though she knew I was in the car). It put me off using JS products, and if it wasn't for the fact that I need a smart shirt for my holiday, I would've returned the product.
Product: Excellent quality, although I haven't washed it yet, and as with anything like this, that will be the acid test!

Finagon In Midnight

Service rating : Fast delivery, timely email confirmations, easy to deal with
Product: Excellent fit, good quality fabric and buttons. Couldn't ask for more

Kelby In Silver

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Excellent

Tala In Silver

• Xena In Silver

Service rating : I was surprised there was no customer service at all over the weekend when I wanted to know how quick DHL could deliver as I was off on holiday soon. When I spoke to someone on the Monday morning, my items were dispatched that day and arrived the next day. Thank you for making sure my parcel went out that day.
Product: Smart and very comfortable.

20-Aug

Longnor In Black Grape

Service rating : all good
Product: ok

19-Aug

Brock In Lemon Drizzle

• Roe In California Poppy

Service rating : High quality and excellent service
Product: Beautiful colour, fit and quality

19-Aug

Belvoir In Forest Green

easy and simple

18-Aug

Gowan In Maui

Service rating : Prompt divert from order
Product: Great product, my 3rd Gowan , quality garment, brand and service.

18-Aug

Maida In Lemon Drizzle

Service rating : Fast delivery
Product: Beautiful colour!

Talbot In Bordeaux

Service rating : Excellent service from start to finish.
Product: Quality item.

Brandon In Pimento

• Marius In Pimento

Excellent service and quality garments

Adrian In Egyptian Blue

Rapid delivery. Website good.
DHL not perfect but not bad. Would help if they gave an expected time of delivery.

16-Aug

Swift In Black

• Alison In Charcoal
  • Kit In Silver

Service rating : Excellent and efficient sevice
Product: Fit was exactly as stated

15-Aug

Sherwood In Maui

Service rating : Great products, great service.
Product: Lovely garment. Very pleased.

15-Aug