John Smedley Reviews

Consumer ratings of John Smedley

Feedback for www.johnsmedley.com has been compiled from 4635 Customer Reviews

• 06/03/2012
  • At John Smedley we're known for high quality knitwear and a rich 230-year heritage. We're a luxury brand with roots in the Derbyshire countryside and garments regularly featured in some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines. Though our past helps make us who we are, it's our design and innovation that keeps us at the forefront of contemporary fashion.

Good

Product: Excellent jumper

Ashmount In Chestnut

• Ashmount In Silver
  • Riber In Indigo

Web site has been incredibly slow in the last few weeks and actually crashed several times yesterday when I was using as it had timed out.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I am sorry to hear you had problems with the website recently. Although I am not aware of any issues in the last few weeks, we did have an issue yesterday which resulted in the site being extremely slow to load. We believe this has now been resolved however, should you have any specific issues, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we can assist you.

Nugget In Silver/Iolite Purple

Service rating : Simple order process.Prompt dispatch.
Product: Gift. Recipient delighted.

Medlock In Navy

Service rating : Company is great - got lots of their stuff
Product: I had an issue with the jumper - it had a manufacturing problem

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I am very sorry to hear you have had an issue with one of our garments. If you feel the garment is faulty, if you have not done so already, please return this to us for examination. If a manufacturing fault is found we will of course repair, replace or refund this for you.

Jemma In Black

Service rating : Amazingly fast service, arrived next day!!
Product: Smedley marino wool products are the best I have ever found so buy them whenever I need a new jumper. Only problem, not enough bright colours, ie true red.

Kibble In Navy

Service rating : Best online retailer that I know
Product: Always such good quality and it will be long lasting as well.

Cranmore In Silver

• Judson In Silver

Service rating : great web site,easy and first class delivery
Product: normal great product

Kris-Inca-Gold-L

Service rating : Very prompt
Product: Top quality

Shay In Silver/Iolite Purple

• Josey In Port

What one would expect

Harcourt In Midnight

Delighted with the product quality,..less pleased with the delivery service. I feel another option to the courier(DHL) SHOULD BE OFFERED. Royal Mail first class post would be ideal. With a courier, well if no one is there to sign for the item, it is put back on the Van and driven 110 miles down the road! If i had the option of using the Royal Mail, then yes it may be brought back to a local depot if no one can sign for it, however, ...that is only a couple of miles away, so consequently easier to go and collect.. IT IS AFFECTING HOW OFTEN I PURCHASE FROM JOHN SMEDELY,....Period!!

Fran In Black

Service rating : John Smedley website, shop (London) and factory shop at Lea Bridge never fail in all aspects of service.
Product: As usual very high standard of materials, design and manufacture. All my John Smedley garments are treasures. (Some going back many years)

Bacall In Silver/Garnet Red

Service rating : Efficient and trouble free service.
Product: Quite as nice as I expected. This is my first purchase from John Smedley and I hope it will be my first of many.

Jig In Deep Teal

Service rating : Never have any problems. Shipping is always prompt.
Product: Very nice looking sweater. I travel a lot and these wool sweaters are warm enough, but really light to carry around

Turner In Silver

Service rating : excellent quality
Product: excellent quality

Daniella In Black

Service rating : The speedy service was excellent
Product: Excellent quality as I expect from John Smedly. This is the first time I've order from JS online but I will certainly be doing it again now I know how easy it is.

06-Feb

Tracey In Black

Service rating : top service: arrived several days earlier than predicted
Product: Smedley are always superb quality. Frankly the best knitwear you could find. And British too!

Medlock In Silver

Service rating : Easy to deal with and returns are no problem.
Product: Usual quality from John Smedley.

Loam In Navy

Service rating : excellent service, excellent quality product
Product: love it!

Exeter In Indigo

Service rating : very efficient, good communication, despatched very quickly.
Product: exactly as i though it would be!

Nat-Midnight-Xl

Service rating : Excellent service. Received item 1 day after ordering. Had to change colour & this was also only a day turnaround. Faultless and would happily order again.
Product: Beautiful material and perfect fit. Superbly well made products and last for many years.

Merton In Winter White

I am a loyal and long standing customer. Always quality products and outstanding service

Lode In Midnight

Service rating : Should not have been sent a jumper that retails for £300 which had a hole in the collar!!
Product: First jumper had a hole in the collar and had to be returned, bought exactly the same one which was delivered to another customer!!!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I am very sorry that your recent experience has not met with our usual high standards. We take both quality and service issued very seriously and both have been reported internally for further investigation. I know that both issues were dealt with quickly for you, but am very sorry for any inconvenience this caused. I can see you have now taken delivery of the replacement garment and hope it meets your expectations of John Smedley.

Cleves-Indigo-L

Service rating : Swift turn around when first choice was too small
Product: Good quality and style