John Smedley Reviews

Consumer ratings of John Smedley

Feedback for www.johnsmedley.com has been compiled from 2693 Customer Reviews

• 06/03/2012
  • At John Smedley we're known for high quality knitwear and a rich 225-year heritage. We're a luxury brand with roots in the Derbyshire countryside and garments regularly featured in some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines. Though our past helps make us who we are, it's our design and innovation that keeps us at the forefront of contemporary fashion.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.johnsmedley.com

Noah In Navy

• Noah In White

Service rating : When you scroll down you see all the colours it would be nice to just see all the styles and then click into the colours...As you cannot really see how many actual styles you have??? 20 / 50 I do not know really.... easy to buy as well, the filter system needs to be better please as well, maybe by colour as well,
Product: lovely feel to the product.

Noah In White

Service rating : Service is faultless with this transaction. Thanks for that.
Product: The clothing texture, stitch line and design is elegant and very comfy to skin. The only thing I have noticed is the cloth, which is thinner in actual appearance and can be very slightly translucent. This factor is not clearly seen in the photo catalogue online. It would help if there is a photo of a model wearing the shirt or perhaps a short video clip of the model showing the shirt in all angles to provide a total view on how it will look like on an actual person. Best for slim and lean built with slightly broader shoulder. It is very classy, but it could be better if the cloth is slightly thicker.

Hendon In Black Grape

Product: High quality

30-Aug

Ashmount In Black

Service rating : Delivered on time as usual. Packaging of a high order
Product: I am a big fan of the quality and appearance of their knitwear.

30-Aug

Connaught In Ski Blue

• Pike In Ski Blue

The product is better than I had hoped and the delivery was excellent, DHL did a great job.

29-Aug

Mcilroy In Lemon Drizzle

• Mcilroy In Tourmaline Blue
  • Gabe In Gooseberry Bush

I would have rated JS as excellent but I didn't receive a confirmation email from them when I placed the order, I only got an email from Worldpay confirming payment. I wasn't sure that my order had been accepted as I had had a similar situation with JS earlier this year and, on that occasion, after a few days, when the order was still showing as pending, I rang them but was told the item was out of stock and the order had to be cancelled. This time I rang JS on the next working day and was told that it looked like my order had been despatched but the person I spoke to said she would check and get back to me, which she did but unfortunately I missed the call. She did ring me the day after to say that it hadn't been despatched the day before but that it had been despatched that day; I also received an email to say it had been despatched. I can't fault JS's customer service but the absence of a confirmation email at the time of ordering was a bit of a problem especially because of the previous experience I'd had.

29-Aug

Kimber In White

• Kimber In Navy

Delivery notifications could be improved: e.g. Designers Guild leaves you text message with exact delivery time on the day. This is very helpful as you don't have to spend all morning waiting ...

28-Aug

Wyvern In Apple Red

Service rating : fast efficient service
Product: size seemed more appropriate for Americans (too big ) . Ordering a replacement in smaller size.

27-Aug

Abby In Silver

• Debbie In Tourmaline Blue
  • Saara In Lemon Drizzle

Service rating : Dispatched very quickly and well packaged
Product: Like the top - wearable as it looked on the website

26-Aug

Gowan In Macadamia

Service rating : What can I say....They delivered on time (Via UPS)...they got my order right 1st time.
I am very pleased with the level of service and would recommend ordering from John Smedley to a Friend....!!
Product: Excellent Quality of Knitwear....Very pleased with my cardigan and feel sure that it should age well...!

26-Aug

Finagon In Racing Green

Service rating : Speedy delivery and pleasing packaging.
Product: Great fit, super colour.

Orchid-Pimento-L

• Buttercup-Heather-M

Service rating : Very good and quick service. Only disappointment was that I got a call to say that there was one medium left, but I got sent a large and it was too big
Product: Lovely colour

Belvoir-Firecracker-L

Service rating : Your service was absolutely excellent and couldn't be faulted in any way. The cost of postage is now, at £5, acceptable. Hitherto a cost of £10 should be considered as nothing short of extortion.

Sincerely,

Robert Kay
Product: The sweater is far too thin to be worn beneath a blazer, as suggested by yourselves, and would need to be worn under another woollen layer. To be worn as you suggest, it would need to be twice as thick. I have purchased John Smedley sweaters in the past but will in future either be purchasing from a shop or from your factory outlet - I will not be purchasing online. Not being familiar with wool gauges, your description was meaningless. Two ply or three ply is more useful.

Sincerely,

Robert Kay

Dawn In Bordeaux

Just had a problem with code. It would have been easier if I was told there was no space between word and number which was on the card. But got there in the end. Speed of delivery good.

Luke In Spanish Pink

• Bampton In Silver

Fantastic quick service/delivery

Wentworth In Espresso

Good service. Website is a bit rudimentary; would be nice to be told if something is out of stock *without* having to add it to basket

Bela In Navy

• Jemima In Navy
  • Rochelle In Charcoal

Service rating : Good service and high quality products. Customer services staff very helpful.
Product: Nice quality cardigan, hangs well. However would be greatly improved if it was a few inches longer.

Buzz In Blue Reflection

• Roe In Emperor Purple

Service rating : Excellent service, fast delivery. Have always purchased John Smedley products and never dissapointed.
Product: Only slight issue was that the fit (m) came up smaller that their other (m) jumpers.

Isis In Silver

Service rating : On the day I expected to receive my shirt, it hadn't arrived by the time the post had been delivered (it was to arrive later in the day). Being concerned, I phoned JS customer services to see whether they could track my order... the lady was abrupt and rude on the phone; telling me to do it myself (even though she knew I was in the car). It put me off using JS products, and if it wasn't for the fact that I need a smart shirt for my holiday, I would've returned the product.
Product: Excellent quality, although I haven't washed it yet, and as with anything like this, that will be the acid test!

Finagon In Midnight

Service rating : Fast delivery, timely email confirmations, easy to deal with
Product: Excellent fit, good quality fabric and buttons. Couldn't ask for more

Kelby In Silver

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Excellent

Tala In Silver

• Xena In Silver

Service rating : I was surprised there was no customer service at all over the weekend when I wanted to know how quick DHL could deliver as I was off on holiday soon. When I spoke to someone on the Monday morning, my items were dispatched that day and arrived the next day. Thank you for making sure my parcel went out that day.
Product: Smart and very comfortable.

20-Aug

Longnor In Black Grape

Service rating : all good
Product: ok

19-Aug

Brock In Lemon Drizzle

• Roe In California Poppy

Service rating : High quality and excellent service
Product: Beautiful colour, fit and quality