John Smedley Reviews

Consumer ratings of John Smedley

Feedback for www.johnsmedley.com has been compiled from 3567 Customer Reviews

• 06/03/2012
  • At John Smedley we're known for high quality knitwear and a rich 230-year heritage. We're a luxury brand with roots in the Derbyshire countryside and garments regularly featured in some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines. Though our past helps make us who we are, it's our design and innovation that keeps us at the forefront of contemporary fashion.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.johnsmedley.com

Maida In Persimmon

Service rating : Best service I could have asked for. Needed item for holiday and it arrived in time, beautifully packaged.
Product: Fabulous quality, very stylish.

Belden In Cloudless Blue

Service rating : Great. I will buy here more often. Your retail store on Brook Street is good but it's not always easy for me getting into London. Harvey Nicks in Leeds have a good John Smedley range but on-line shopping gives me the full catalogue. Also your sizing is dead accurate.
Product: I love it. I have this style in three colours. It's good quality and hard wearing. The top I have in navy blue must be 10-years old and I still wear it around the house. I like the fact you are a British manufacturing company selling happy products to happy customers that happy people can enjoy. You are in the business of making people happy. Did you know this?

Colton In Navy

Service rating : Superb
Product: Superb

Lyndhurst In Spanish Pink

Service rating : Very quick delivery, and very happy with my purchase thankyou
Product: Lovely colour can not understand why in the sale, the quality and fit are perfect as usual, thankyou

19-Apr

Kester In Silver

Service rating : Well laid out site.
Product: Really fine garment.

19-Apr

Cambourne In Lunar Blue

Service rating : Prompt delivery
Product: Great quality product but didn't like the colour

18-Apr

Adrian-Black-Xl

• Amble-003-L
  • Caspian-Navy-L

Absolutely amazing, my delivery came quicker than I thought it would and each one of the products are flawless

18-Apr

Noah In Bordeaux

Service rating : prompt overseas delivery of product
Product: Very good produuct

Lionel In Black

Service rating : Great company to deal with and have lovely knitwear.
Product: Love the fit and simple design.

Marcus In Ski Blue

• Marcus In Bordeaux

Service rating : Arrived prompltly
Product: Excellent quality, very comfortable.

Cowley In Black

Prompt

Adrian In Raspberry

Service rating : The shirt was dispatched promptly and well-packaged to protect it in transit.
Product: The shirt is very lovely, a great colour and extremely soft!

Geranium In Indigo

• Geranium In Snow White
  • Islington In Cloudless Blue

Service rating : Good, prompt service. I rate John Smedley products. Previous jumpers (some 18 years old) have lasted well and not aged. I can't say that about many brands of clothing.
Product: If I had copius amounts of spare cash to spend on myself I would have most likely kept all the jumpers. I kept two and I particularly liked the round neck indigo jumper.

Noah In Firecracker

• Cambourne In Navy/Firecracker

Good website, very useful DHL delivery option of leaving goods at a local high-street store.

Belvoir In Midnight

• Bryn In Sorrel Red

JS failed to pack both items (Belvoir & Bryn) - Bryn was omitted in error. JS then sent out Bryn but sent it to my billing address not the delivery address. I then had to liaise with UPS to re-arrange delivery of Bryn. Sent an email to JS complaining of errors / service....didn't even receive a response!! Hardly decent service!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback; I am very sorry to hear you have had an issue with your order and for any inconvenience this has caused. Please be assured this is not our standard level of service and I will be looking into the issues you have raise and will be in touch directly.

Yours sincerely,
Freya Oliver - Customer Service Manager

Longnor In Indigo

Service rating : Quick service, excellent delivery
Product: Slightly more fitted than previous slim fit jumpers bought from Smedley

14-Apr

Guard In White/Firecracker

Service rating : Placed the order and was dispatched quickly. Only problem is that the delivery company have my signature to say I have recieved the goods. I have signed anything and not received the item. Got hold of customer relations and they where helpful and will look at the matter. Can't ask for any more.
Product: Not received as yet.

12-Apr

Richards In Firecracker

Service rating : Very good, prompt service. I ordered this item for my dad's birthday, not sure if it would arrive in time as it was over easter. I ordered it on sunday and it arrived on tuesday. Really impressed with this service.
Product: Very pleased with this purchase as it was bought as a present. Colour and size exactly as it states online. Will definitely buy from this site again.

11-Apr

Kendal In Black

Service rating : Good and quick delivery
Product: Great product. have returned for different fit. All good waiting for new product to arrive

09-Apr

Marcus-Racing-Green-Xl

Service rating : Given that it was Easter week end the young lady who took the call could not have been more helpful. The only issue I have is the fact that when the web site was looked at the definition of the weave could not be clearly defined and what I thought might be a garment approaching Lambswool in thickness wasn't in fact so.
Product: The product is superb and I can see why they have such an excellent reputation both here and overseas, but for me who really works his sweaters "to death" the product was to thin albeit that the wool is Merino. No matter though having looked at the garment seems I would definitely recommend the name to friends and family

Luke In Maritime Blue

Service rating : Excellent service - arrived much quicker than expected.
Product: Great quality and fit

Cambourne In Navy/Firecracker

• Mcilroy In White/Firecracker

Service rating : Good service, easy to use homepage and fast delivery. You can´t wish for more.
Product: Good quality and great fit.

Bampton In Bordeaux

Service rating : Great website, good product descriptions. Could benefit from a more comprehensive size guide.
Product: Fabric is excellent. Ordered a size too small, but otherwise, wonderful.

07-Apr

Geranium In Papaya

Service rating : I appreciate being able to buy good quality merino wool knitwear, which is nowadays almost unobtainable in ladies clothing from High Street retailers.
Product: I bought this for the summer as it is a light weight silky feel wool jumper in a bright colour.

07-Apr

Isis In Navy

• Isis In White

Service rating : A great British company producing great British staples at exceptional value
Product: Classic British style made in quality material