Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 223092 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Flight + Hotel Booking

not a bad service but could be better.

Flight Booking

Very easy to use, have booked many times through Expedia. Good service on line

Hotel Booking

Smooth, efficient booking of hotel

Excellent service

Flight + Hotel Booking

Always reliable, secure and good deals to be found

Activity/Attraction Booking

I had a query about the booking and the answer was not not avaiable on the website, so I had to call customer services, it took 8-9 mins to get through to someone , who then took another 15 minutes to look up my query which was fairly straightforward.
All I wanted to know was if the transport I had booked through expedia to and from the air port definitely included my hotel or not as the there was no list of hotels on the expedia website, just a general statement that many hotels are included.
The customer service advisor wasn't 100% sure but she said it probably was! As it happened , the hotel was included which we only found out once we were abroad! Phew!

Hotel Booking

It was easy to process, however I wanted to choose 2 different rooms, it never gave me that option.
I wanted to book a standard double room and a premium room, I couldn't do that.
It's fine I'm happy with what I chose

very good

Activity/Attraction Booking

The lady taking our booking was very helpful, would recommend !

Hotel Booking

all goo, quick and simple, easy to follow website

Activity/Attraction Booking

was recommended to expedia. had never done online booking before and not seasoned traveller so phoned. Was not offered insurance or extra baggage not as helpful as should have been and when I explained to the person that recommended them they said I hadn't been given normal service. Wouldn't use again.

easy to use

Hotel Booking

Whole process was very simple and speedy

30-Jul-2015
Great for easy purchasing of anything you need

Fine - straightforward experience

Easy to use website.

Flight + Hotel Booking

The telephone representative was excellent, and wonderful. I cannot find any fault with him. He was friendly and helpful.

However overall I think your policy and response times are poor. I bought a holiday and cancelled in LESS THAN 24 HOURS I still incurred a charge of £300 on the refund. Yes, I would accept the charge after 24 hours, but I find it appalling that you allow policies which charge you for cancelling WITHIN 24 hours. I sent an email to you also on this, and still have not got a reply back from you. You are quite happy to take our money, but don't want to speak to us when we want a full refund.

I have used Expedia for many trips before, and this will be my last purchase with you.
£300 loss for a refund in less than 24 hours is just a joke.

Bindya

Flight Booking

I thought I had a good experience, buying my tickets to and from New York. I was going out to stay with friends so I turned down the offers of hotels and cars. I now find that I have a break in the flight of one night in Boston, for which I have no accommodation. I could have stayed an extra day where I was in New York, but instead I shall have to buy a night at an expensive airport hotel. Ouch!

straightforward transaction

Hotel Booking

I used the goodwill voucher from a booking with Expedia last year and pleased that it had no conditions of use

Flight + Insurance Booking

Useful to be able to book a return flight from a different destination and still be cheaper than 2 separate journeys.

Flight + Insurance Booking

good deal and easy to search

Flight Booking

Really good, but it was a bit difficult to find my booking reference on the confirmation email. This could be made more obvious!

Flight + Hotel Booking

I have tried to book something in Nice and while it was showing that my hotel is in the town on the map, by the time I got to pay and finish it showed up some BnB outside Nice further afield near Biot, which is miles away.

I phoned up Expedia the next day and I had someone sorting this out and now I am staying at the airport as there are not many places for my budget, but luckily I am staying somewhere.
I hope that he has cancelled BnB Sophia and I am now staying in Hotel Premier Classe. Hope I have nice experience there as I read a lot of unhappy customers.

Excellent overall

Flight Booking

Polite and effective service.
Unfortunately the use of Indian call centres introduces a diminished level of trust in many UK customers. Concerns about theft of data etc make such calls an uncomfortable experience.