Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 119443 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world'™s largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Easy to use.

Hotel Booking

Excellent hotel, very handy for airport. Reception staff very helpful. Worth remembing that on goof Friday restuarant closed at 18.00hrs

Activity/Attraction Booking

Booking process unclear about extras; i.e. no estimate of how much extra luggage will cost, unclear about things like insurance, etc

Hotel Booking

best thing is *everything* appears on all my devices, iPad, iPhone (*2), MacBook & work PC

Flight Booking

Hi it looks like my account has been charged double but as the banks are closed as it's bank holiday I cannot sort it out.

Flight Booking

Very easy to research options for multi-destination trips and the best price! Thanks.

Flight Booking

So quick and easy - all booked in just a few minutes, wish everything in life could be this simple!

Hotel Booking

I have used expedia for several years and have always found the website easy to manoever and they always offer the best prices.

Flight Booking

The site was slow and it took a time to finally make the selections. The layout of the different options were not in any specific order so it would be good if the customer could rank it in order (price, date, etc).

Hotel Booking

Good service for a last minute booking. Reviews were helpful and accurate

Hotel Booking

I used your new app and didn't get a confirmation email but I do see the trip on my app. I am not confident whether I have a booking of not!

Flight + Hotel Booking

Never used Expedia before, but i will in future. The website is very flexible and you can tailor your travel arrangements very easily.

Flight Booking

Very quick and easy to book a return flight within Europe from London three months ahead. Would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Hotel Booking

I haven't flown away yet but from previous experience of using Expedia, I like the fact that you can always see the additional items ( Mandatory fees, Room taxes etc ) when booking hotels although this info should be clearly highlighted.

Everything was great.

Flight + Insurance Booking

Terrific

Hotel Booking

Booking was made quickly and easily. Confirmation E-mail sent with no delay.

Nice and easy !

Hotel Booking

Straightforward and simple to use.

Activity/Attraction Booking

I booked this last minute literally hours before heading to the airport itr was easy and fast. Thanks Expedia

Hotel Booking

Easy booking process, clear pricing, no hidden costs, good confirmation , booking and payment process.

Hotel Booking

I had booked 2 twin rooms and ended up in a hotel round the corner with 4 of us in one room .no shower and just a bath this was not what I booked and I am not happy

Activity/Attraction Booking

Advisor very patient, helpful and efficient.

very easy to use

Hotel Booking

none of the above 'categories' actually fit what I would like to say here.

When I tried to book my hotel with Expedia over the telephone, I got someone who could barely speak English. She was also unhelpful and disinterested, unable to answer my queries. about the accommodation I was trying to book. I then went online again and went through the booking process only to find that it seemed to book without giving me much of a chance to think about it. Then, I found it quite intimidating to be told that there was NO chance of cancelling or changing dates etc. I found the whole experience most unsatisfactory.
And then, to boot, the B&B or 'Villa' as it very grandly called itself was nothing like the pictures on your website. The villa was a suburban house, some 20 minutes walk from the beach (through a not very nice neighbourhood, and the recommendation to not walk there in the evening), with no staff on hand, no coffee-making facilities, no opportunity to have a drink or a sandwich by the very small pool. That was very specifically 'prohibited'. There is no reception. The directions take you to a small office with two desks next to one of the villas. You pay on the spot without seeing where you will be staying, (I have always paid my accommodation at the end of my stay), and all sorts of add-ons are made - breakfast for one, because there is no where in the vicinity to have breakfast but there - served at the villa. Flamboyant has no breakfast so you have to walk several blocks to the other villa (I forget the name) or have the so-called Reception drive you. It's ludicrous! Not a holiday place at all, unless you are a family taking over the whole place (4 rooms, I think?). The fact there is no food/drink provided other than the minibar in the room (at vast expense) and you cannot take your own food in, and there are no facilities for making tea and coffee AND you are prohibited from using the minibar fridge for your own food ,makes for an unhappy guest. I didn't stay. I understand PauBrasil (who own and run these places) will not refund me, but there was no way I was staying in a house where it felt more like I was in someone's house and they'd gone on holiday. Traffic rumbled by constantly, right next to where the so-called pool was... the rooms are beautifully decked out, that's true and I am happy to say so, but I for one do not spend my hols in the bedroom...
Never again. I think the term 'Villa' needs defining...
And, I'm afraid, the whole experience has coloured by opinion about Expedia too.