Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 160966 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Hotel Booking

The experience was seamless.

Hotel Booking

Website easy to use. Clear information and competitive price.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Easy to use and clear website

Flight Booking

No fuss and all done over the internet.

Hotel Booking

Easy website, no difficulty in using it.

Hotel Booking

Could not have been easier.

Hotel Booking

Booking process was streamlined and everything that was booked was there. The description and pictures of the accommodation were accurate

Hotel Booking

After booking two rooms with you I went onto the hotel website and found out I could have had the same rooms for £30 cheaper! And yes it was the same rooms, with breakfast and the non refundable rate, so now I can’t cancel these rooms I’ve got with you.

Jonathan,

We do apologise that you found a lower price for your chosen hotel, please note the below information in relation to our Price Match Guarantee..

Hotel Only Bookings:
If you book and pay for a hotel room on Expedia.co.uk and later find a lower rate for your hotel room on our site or another site just let us know and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
For hotel bookings, unlike some other sites, we don't just give you 24 hours from the date you book your hotel - if you find a lower price, anytime, right up to the hotel's free cancellation deadline just let us know and we'll match the price. So it doesn't matter if you find a lower price 3 hours after you book or 3 months after, our Hotel Price Match Guarantee still applies.
Of course, the lower price you find needs to be like for like - the same hotel, dates, length of stay, rate plan, room type, and include all taxes and fees - but it really is that simple.

Here's a link to our Price Match Guarantee Page/submission form:

Kind Regards

The Expedia Customer Experience Team

Easy to book

Flight + Hotel Booking

I have used Expedia several times when organising holidays abroad and have always had very good service.

Hotel Booking

Everything was so easy to book online! Good price too!

Flight + Hotel Booking

When booking my holiday I tried to use my debit card. 3 times I got a message to say there was problem with the card even though there was sufficient funds in place. I was then forced to pay with my credit card. That payment went through successfully. Later that day I noticed 3 transactions on my current account to expedia. Even though I was getting a message that there was a fault with my debit card Expedia had taken a payment of £179.84 each time I tried to use it. I contacted expedia the same day, they admitted that it was their fault and assured me that the money would be credited back to my account within 72 days. That was 6 days ago !
I have contacted my bank and they have said that the money is sitting as reserved in my account for expedia and won't credit back to my account until 4th November. That is a period of 3 wks that I have to wait to access my own money due to mal practice by expedia. I have obviously been told lies to get me off the phone and I am very angry that expedia have not done what they said they would do. They have left me over £500 out of pocket !!
This whole experience would put me off ever using expedia again..

Flight + Hotel Booking

First time I have used Expedia and I found that I needed to phone up to clarify a couple of queries.My queries were soon explained to me by a very pleasant operator to my satisfaction.

Hotel Booking

I thought it was very good - particularly the price promise that if we find our hotel cheaper anywhere else, you will refund the difference. This saves us a lot of internet searching for the lowest price. And of course the Nectar points are a bonus!

Hotel Booking

easy to use, price just right

Flight + Hotel Booking

Good price and easy booking process.

Flight + Insurance Booking

Easy to see what was available, easy to book

Hotel Booking

Hassle free, quick, efficient. Never had an issue booking through expedia! :-)

Flight Booking

Needed a next day flight from Rome to Valencia Spain. Expedia found me an Alitalia flight for a reasonable price. Very satisfied.

21-Oct-2014
Hasn't let us down yet.

Hotel Booking

Easy to make the booking. Clear instructions and guidance.

Hotel Booking

Overall, found it very good but one MAJOR flaw which cost us money. We used Expedia because we found the ability to search by 'pet friendly' hotels a real bonus. We found one and read ALL the terms and it simply stated they take dogs upto a certain weight. Booked and paid in full, only to be told once we arrived at the hotel that there would be an EXTRA charge of 49euros for our dog!! At no point on the booking form did it state any charge for dogs or give an option to select that we had a pet.

Simon,

I'm incredibly sorry that you had issues with your booking. Where "additional fee" information is made available to us by hotels we do clearly show this on our site to ensure that we'er as transparent as possible. I've just checked the details of Itaca Fuengirola and can see that in the fee's section on the hotel details page we do display a cost/night for pet.

We do apologise that you felt we weren't clear enough with the display of this additional fee.

Kind Regards

The Expedia Customer Experience Team

Flight Booking

Best price on the market by far...

Hotel Booking

Easy to navigate the,web page and value for money finds

Flight Booking

Easy to navigate on the website.

Nice place to be.