Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 203161 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Flight + Hotel Booking

Excellent value for money !

Flight + Hotel Booking

Very easy website to use!

Hotel Booking

No problem whats so ever first class

Hotel Booking

Easy to read and search site. Genuine low hotel prices

Rubbish!!!

21-Apr-2015
Price promise is a joke!

21-Apr-2015
Rubbish!

Flight + Hotel Booking

I just got caught out by Ryanair and the need to pay for check in luggage. I think people like myself who have not previously experienced the need to pay for check in luggage need more warning that you need to pay for the luggage. I did not read it thoroughly and thought it was extra baggage....so it is costing me more.

Flight Booking

Site kept crashing. I had selected flights and hotel together but when I changed the date it said my hotel wasn't available. So just booked flights. Then received an email to say book hotel and save money. Clicked on link and there was the hotel I wanted in the first place and I had to pay a little more overall.

User experience/customer journey of purchase was poor. Not like how it used to be as I have booking holidays through Expedia for years now.

Flight + Insurance Booking

The flight booking was fine. I was disappointed that only hotels in Hannover were available at a discount as I want to travel on to Wolfsburg.

Excellent. Thank you

Car Rental Booking

Excellent service

Flight + Hotel Booking

The website was easy to use and offered a range of competitive hotel deals
to go with our flights.

Hotel Booking

I reserved a room that was non-refundable and subject to a no cancellation policy. However, that is a one-way policy. You can't cancel it, but the hotel can. The hotel was able to cancel our reservation 24 hours later as apparently it had taken a telephone booking at the same time as I booked online so could not honour our booking. Poor.
Worse? Expedia advised that they would honour the booking with any additional cost treated as an upgrade, but to call them direct in the US toll-free. It isn't toll-free from the UK. They spent 90 minutes on the phone 'helping' me look for another apartment before telling me I would be better booking online myself, before then telling me that because the reservation had been cancelled by the hotel there was no obligation on Expedia to assist. What a waste of my time.

Flight + Insurance Booking

An exceptionally good service and delightfully simple to use

Hotel Booking

Easy to book and a great deal.

Hotel Booking

Website was easy to use, a good deal as there was an extra discount on the day I was booking. It was all very straightforward.

Flight Booking

Why have I been charged 7.25£ without a warning?

Flight + Hotel Booking

I used a desktop for this transaction, previously I'd used a tablet and found it quite different. Quite like the scratchpad, but would like to be able to batch remove items as I don't want to save everything

Hotel Booking

This is the first time we have used Expedia. We are very pleased with the offer and will use you again. Thank you.

Easy and quick to book.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Excellent, simple, straightforward and great value!

Flight + Hotel Booking

Easy to use but if you get stuck support is at the end of a phone

Hotel Booking

Easy to book, particularly when you are signed in

It was good service.

Flight Booking

very clear routing and best prices

Hotel Booking

Booking quick and easy. Just dropped down a notch from 'excellent' as Expedia website said breakfast included just prior to booking it, when the confirmation came through it said breakfast was extra. Luckily the hotel were aware of the issue and we had no problems at all in getting our breakfast.