Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 153971 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Hotel Booking

Was quick and easy to use. Hotel confirmation arrived almost immediately and price offered was competitive compared to other sites.

Hotel Booking

Very easy to navigate around the website.
Clear prices and information a out the hotels

Flight + Hotel Booking

Very easy to find what we were looking for. Good choice of hotels,good price range

Flight + Hotel Booking

The site was easy to use - and we were able to book everything we wanted

Flight Booking

Good price - easy to book.

Simple

Flight + Hotel Booking

Easy to navigate, great choice & range of hotels & holidays

Flight + Car Rental Booking

Booking was for flight and car - have only had flight confirmation

Hotel Booking

Easy booking as always with Expedia, tried Trivago for the first time and it wouldn't work on my Ipad for some reason, so came back to Expedia....always works!!

Hotel Booking

Good user friendly site. Use it a lot for booking hotels

Activity/Attraction Booking

Initially felt booking went well, but on checking my booking, I found that the transfer had been set up for the wrong date, I therefore had to call you back to alter the details. This resulted in original transfer being cancelled and I have to wait for the monies to be credited to my account. I then had to re book and pay again, therefore until my credit is through I have had to pay twice through no fault of my own.

Also the rep originally went through all the prices with my stating

Hotel and Flight £493.00 each therefore for 2 passengers £986.00 total plus water transfer which she said wad £50 each £100.00 in total for round trip. Which by my calculations comes to £1086. However I was actually charged £1,091.17, so not sure how that was worked out, also when I cancelled and rebooked the transfers I was told the transfer cost I had been charged was actually £101.12.

I realise I am only talking about a total extra charge of £5.17, but still I find it difficult to understand why my charges were not the exact amount I was told. That together with the inconvenience of the wrong transfer has made my booking experience unsatisfactory.

However, I must add when I telephoned customer services they promptly dealt with my request to book transfer for the correct date.

Hotel Booking

Simple, quick and good value

nice quick response

Hotel Booking

Website easy to use and quick

Flight + Hotel Booking

(+) I have been with Expedia for the last 11 years and have always had a great and excellent value-for-money experience.

(-) But you may not be able to do much about it. Some of the hotels I have stayed at lately (e.g. London and Viareggio-Italy) had been overrated. A bit of a disappointment; it used to be the other way around actually. I used to be pleasantly surprised to discover that the ratings were lower than the quality of the hotels. A 3-star could have easily been a 4-star in my experience.

east transaction.

Flight Booking

Made a mistake with booking and tried to each customer support team before the ticket was issued. As there was bot reply from the team was forced to contact Aeroflot and was charged for change 180 euros. With the proper attention from the expedia it would be free

Flight + Hotel Booking

Easy self explanatory and by far the best booking agent on the market

Car Rental Booking

My only observations of my booking is that it wasn't obvious where I should have entered my nectar card details, as I've now had to claim these retrospectively, it isn't obvious I have been charged now at booking, despite having a receipt, or whether this is only processed when I collect the car at the hire company desk.

Very reliable

It was good

Hotel Booking

We went online sorted a hotel out with the date we wanted at a good price checked it all then pressed confirm and to our shock it took our money but gave us a different date , Not even the same month . We rang to complain and all we got was it was not refundable . Total Con .
Will never use these again and advise others to beware .

Flight + Insurance Booking

Quick and easy booking. Many thanks!

Hotel Booking

Process easy and efficient. Be even better if abale to cancel prior to date.

As advertised