Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 210816 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Quick & easy

I knew what I wanted, found it instantly. Straightforward

Flight Booking

I have been charged two admin charges on both flights totalling £30. at no stage has this been made clear on either my booking confirmation or when i have made the booking on the website. I have complained to your admin team and it has been explained that this is a booking fee.

I am extremely disappointed at the lack of clarity on your website and has resulted in a unnecssary confussion and inconvience. Although I undertand a booking fee is a reasonable requets it should be made clear upfron and not passed as a seperate cost without a adequate explanation..

very good, easy to use

Hotel Booking

As good as any booking service. not better, not worse

Flight + Hotel Booking

Very quick and I like that

Flight Booking

The process was easy and quick

Hotel Booking

Very frustrating that regularly informed hotels are fully booked late in the booking process, even though the initial view gives the impression that there are rooms available by showing the cost. Also frustrating and seems common that messages appear saying 'we hate this...price has changed'.

Hotel Booking

Generally good although it is frustrating trying to book a non standard hotel room or multiple rooms....for example a double with connecting twin for a family

very easy to use

Activity/Attraction Booking

Booking process is very easy to use.

Hotel Booking

Please this is the first time I visit Brighton and booking by expeide. However, I don't like the hotel is very poor even with welcoming. I hope if you help me to move my booking to another hotel just like grand or Hilton.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Good but a little frustrating as the first three attempts to book were blocked by an error message right at the end of the process

Good experience. Thank you

Activity/Attraction Booking

B

Car Rental Booking

all went smoothly

Hotel Booking

We booked a car through Expedia picking up in San Francisco airport and dropping off in LA airport. The trip was 4 days. We thought we got a great deal but little did we know that dropping off in a different state you have to pay a Toll charge of $350 which cost more than the car we hired! Expedia say you could possibly incur small additional fees. The car company told us that that expedia know about this Toll charge but they do not disclose this. We met another couple who also had children who were in the same bad predicument as we were and also had to pay this unexpected fee. You should let all customers know exactly what they are paying for and what charges the will definitely incur. Terrible service.

Hotel Booking

Allways easy to use Expedia simple to book wherever your Traveling to

Flight + Hotel Booking

cheaper than any other offer I found. Flights at good times too. Just hope there are no delays or hiccups when we start the holiday

,Good service

Flight + Insurance Booking

The issue was actually mostly Aer Lingus...
I booked a return flight, Bristol>Dublin (RyanaIr) & Dublin>Bristol (Aer Lingus)
No issues with the Ryanair, got an email, booked bags etc.
But Aer Lingus did not email or confirm anything.
Tried logging into that flight booking from the Expedia email but nothing worked.
Resorted to phoning you & your operative explaned eventually that Aer Lingus never works right online & I need to do everything at the airport.
I am still not convinced that I won't be stung for an additional charge for not checking in online.
Your operative had a very hard-to-understand accent (I am usually pretty good at following strong accents, but this was BAD)
So, aside from losing an entire morning online & on the phone & possibly not being sorted out at all, no worries!

NOT THE CHEAPEST PRICE I COULD FINE ONLINE FOR THE HOTEL I BOOKED
BUT I TRUST EXPEDIA, AT LEAST WHEN I BOOK WITH YOU WHEN I ARRIVE AT THE HOTEL THEY WILL BE AWARE OF MY BOOKING

Hotel Booking

So easy to make a reservation and it was confirmed immediately.
Totally satisfied with my experience.

Flight + Insurance Booking

Not yet traveled but the booking went well...looking forward to the journey

Flight Booking

All very good and easy, Thank You!