Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 230045 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Flight + Hotel Booking

You contacted the Hotel for me to confirm the
benefits I would get with my Premier Room
booked through Expedia.
This made me feel relieved and not concerned.

Thank You again for being professional.

Hotel Booking

I had to reset my password then had to resubmit all my booking info again which was a little annoying.

Hotel Booking

No problems with website or Booking

Car Rental Booking

The original price was fine but they tried to sell me lots of upgrades and other stuff that I considered essential and this resulted in an additional bill of over 200 dollars! The car also smelt of smoke but I didn't notice at first as they had obviously sprayed the car with something and over time this wore off.

so easy to book.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Very easy to arrange a hotel and flight. Done within a few minutes even though we didn't know where we wanted to go wen we first stated!

Hotel Booking

I wanted a hotel near to an airport and expedia were the only accessed web site able to hone in on this requirement and also give the distances from the airport ...impressive

31-Aug-2015
had problems booking on the inter net which may have been because i was accessing through Firefox ...tried using Google Crome and everything went OK except that the confirmation page didn't show and the associated email was late reaching my email address.

Quick. Easy. Acurrate info

Flight + Hotel Booking

Can be complex. Phhone app doesn't work.

Flight Booking

I injured my foot whilst travelling In Thailand with my daughter. We had done 4 weeks and had flights and hotels booked for 2 weeks in Cambodia, we were then due to visit Vuetnam for a month. I decided to continue onto Cambodia, but made the decision to try and get back to England and hospital asap. We spent hours calling Expedia all to no avail. I sent several e.mails asking for someone to contact me, again with no response back from Expedia. In desperation I sent all details by e.mail to my partner in the UK to contact you on my behalf. I had sent him flight no's, times, dates and that we wanted to get back from Phnom Penh in Cambodia instead if Hanoi in Vietnam.

What a nightmare! He was on hold then talking to a female operator for over 90 minutes, who then cancelled our flights and told him it would cost another £1200 to get us home, despite the fact that we had paid over £1300 for return flights with Qatar Air. She was inept at her job, did not know where Cambodia or Phnom Penh were or how to spell them! She repeatedly told my partner therefore no flights with Qatar (although she spent 25 minutes searching for Quarter Air!!) despite the fact that he had given her flight no's? He got in touch with me To see what he should do, I told him not to pay as she shouldn't of cancelled our flights...we were now stranded in Cambodia and in a total panic. I sent further e.mails until finally one of your Customer Service people in India called Luke, contacted me. He was amazing, calm, professional and dealt with everything. He kept in constant touch via Messenger and phone. He sorted out new flights which I paid extra for, then arranged a refund for the Qatar return flights. He sorted out the API which I couldn't do, sent e.maiks and confirmations. He even asked me to send him phone bills when we were back in the UK and he would try to arrange a refund for all the costs we had incurred contacting Expedia, which he did last week.

In short he is a star employee, a fantastic advert for Expedia and an absolute asset to your compan! Had it not been for him I think we would still be stranded in Asia and wecwould never have used Expedia again! He has restored my faith in human nature and because of him and only him, I would consider using you again.

Hotel Booking

Fine. Fairly quick. Although it is only after selecting my choice do I later find out there are additional costs to pay in-country - so the original price I see isn't really correct, is it?!

easy and fast

Hotel Booking

Easy to use booking service and the hotel contacted me directly the following day to confirm all the details. Thought this was excellent service.

Hotel Booking

Always easy to book, reliable and good value

Hotel Booking

Easy to use. Helpful reviews. The app made booking very simple

Flight Booking

Good price. Easy to use the website. Long delay (23h) in arrival of flight email but otherwise all good.

Hotel Booking

It was so easy to use the booking was made in a few minutes confirmation was very quick. We were very happy with Expeadia.

Activity/Attraction Booking

Expedia were quite quick in dealing with me

Activity/Attraction Booking

We printed out every page of our advance tickets. This was not accepted by the ticket office. Result = an expensive call to Expedia, a refund and then having to queue for an hour. Pointless and very irritating.

Flight + Hotel Booking

very good just what i was looking for.

Car Rental Booking

Expedia didn't notify me of the additional form of ID (proof of address) i required to secure the car hire. The email only stated the card I booked with and drivers license. Also I was very disappointed with the hire car I was given. The car I have been given is a peugeot 3008. I paid for a golf, Astra, focus or equivalent. A peugeot SUV is not an equivalent. So overall very disappointed and feel like I have wasted my money. Both Green motion and Expedia have cheated me out of money.

Activity/Attraction Booking

Easy and straightforward. No problems.

Flight + Hotel Booking

the booking with Expedia went without problem- unfortunately I did not read the reviews before I booked and once I did I now regret booking the Seahaven Beach Hotel I have contacted the Hotel direct and expressed my concerns and await a reply j robinson

Flight Booking

Expedia has been a great help in finding transatlantic flights for me. The website and mobile app is user friendly, I've found it much easier to navigate than many airlines' own websites and the prices have been extremely competitive. I would recommend Expedia to anyone travelling abroad, especially those who don't want to be bombarded with difficult to navigate websites that other airlines might use.

Very good