Expedia Reviews

Consumer ratings of Expedia

Feedback for www.expedia.co.uk has been compiled from 163148 Customer Reviews

• 04/12/2012
  • Whether you know exactly what trip you want, need ideas, or want help narrowing down your search, Expedia.co.uk makes it easy to find the holiday that is right for you. Launched in November 1998, Expedia.co.uk is operated by Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company. The award winning, Expedia.co.uk is the largest online travel provider for the UK, serving millions of travellers every year.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.expedia.co.uk

Flight Booking

The website, pricing, individual costs very good.
I have put bad because for some reason my card was not rejected but charged and then refunded?? This is unusual activity for Finance. I realise now that this may have been due to the fact that your website automatically puts the lead passenger's details as the credit card holder, which was not the case for my booking. I did not spot this and hence the error occurred.
I got a dodgy looking automated response from iprocessing after 30 mins which I ignored as it looked like a scam. If I had not have called up your customer services querying my flight I would not have known that my whole holiday had been cancelled and refunded.
It took 3 phone calls to sort out what had happened to my money, and still 4 days later there is no refund on my credit card, but have managed to secure refund receipts from Expedia to my email account since.
After the iprocess mail I received an itinerary number & all flight and hotel information & confirmation. So I had no reason to believe there was something wrong.
To this date I have received 2 ATOL certificates for the holiday that is supposedly cancelled?? I'm still not 100% sure if it has been cancelled/ refunded etc
On a plus note, perhaps foolhardy I have booked a different holiday through Expedia and I am due to go shortly. There have not been any hitches in the purchasing experience

Flight Booking

I find it slightly annoying that your website turns automatically to book flight plus hotel. I would prefer to have a clear option in rather than have to keep opting out.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Confused about why we are needing to contact hotel about arrival time as we booked it as a package, and also not clear about how we get to the Hotel or how long it will take so do not know what to do about this. We are waiting on your response, though sold as a package which was advertised as including transport its not been made clear how this will be happening. Could do with more info on this matter as rather unnerving as we arrive late at night. Also my bank rang me after booking as you spilt the payments out to an american bank and to the airline, this cused some confusion and for my card to be frozen while we worked out what had happened, would be good to know about this in advance please.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Easy to use and very user friendly. Main reason why I always use Expedia. Plus combined deals save time and money.

Hotel Booking

helpfull customer sces agent.good website serach for hotels

Straightforward & simple

Hotel Booking

It was average really. Hotels are only shown by distance from a certain point in a straight line. Would be better if it was distance from the defined point in terms of road route.

Hotel Booking

Fantastic service as always.

Hotel Booking

easy to use, good description - fast service

Hotel Booking

Having tried many times to book direct with the hotel, and being unsuccessful due to them never answering the phones, I tried Expedia and was able to book a room with no fuss. I will certainly be using Expedia again for my future hotel reservations. Excellent service.

Activity/Attraction Booking

It's just so easy using Expedia. It takes all of the work out of everything.

Flight Booking

Booking through Expedia was a nice straightforward experience, with a user friendly site. Thank you.

Hotel Booking

It was easy to do the booking.

Flight + Hotel Booking

Easy to follow instructions. Booked the holiday there and then

Hotel Booking

Good choice of hotels in my favoured location

no problems

Hotel Booking

Quite easy to find a hotel in Jersey and to compare the hotels then to make the booking.

Hotel Booking

as with all purchases very easy and good value

Hotel Booking

The choices within my price range & location needs were widespread & well detailed

Hotel Booking

Am only afraid if the immigration officer will allow us leave the premises of the airport as we have only " indefinite leave to remain " in UK and not UK passport. Your advice will mean a lot to our choice of hotel/ lodging.
Please, I wait for your honest advice. Thanks.

Oyedeji SOFELA

Hotel Booking

Fairly simple web site and booking procedure, except to get a copy of your invoice (why do they make that so awkward?), decent pricing.

Flight Booking

The booking wasn't at all clear about the fact that there was no allowance for checked in baggage on the BA ticket we purchase. This meant that when flying home from Naples we were forced to pay an extra £100 in fees

Hotel Booking

Making the hotel booking was extremely easy.

Hotel Booking

It would be appreciated in future that when a hotel booking is cancellable that it is made clear at the beginning that the full amount is charged to my credit card rather than my expectation of paying at the hotel.

Hotel Booking

Always easy and straightforward with booking. Never had a problem with Expedia.

Would like to see more filters including laundry facilities for hotels as this is important and sliding scales for prices and ratings so I can exclude certain prices and rating values.