Best at Travel Reviews

Consumer ratings of Best at Travel

Feedback for www.bestattravel.co.uk has been compiled from 2306 Customer Reviews

• 11/01/2013
  • At Best At Travel we aim to make luxury travel affordable. With over 20 years experience in creating itinaries to meet our client’s exact specifications we have built up relationships with our suppliers that ensure that we have access to the widest choice of airlines combined with the best value hotel rooms . Our expert consultants have all travelled the globe and have experienced first hand the holidays they sell. This kind of indepth knowledge will ensure that you receive a tailormade service that delivers you the holiday that you want at the most competitive price available.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.bestattravel.co.uk
13-Dec

Your holiday to Saint Lucia

Service rating : Very helpful and very informative about the holiday destination
Product: One of the best holidays I have been on

13-Dec-2014
Very helpful and kept me up to date on my holiday plans prior to going away

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Service rating : Company was good to deal with and easy to make payments to.
Product: Holiday was brilliant. Odd hiccup which Best At Travel should have advised us about, mainly the deposit holding at the hotel. Would use again though.

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Service rating : Always get a good price on a holiday
Product: Great hotel, with great dine around

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Service rating : I have left an overall rating of poor because although the agent was great on the phone (and very knowledgeable about the destination) he was terrible at responding to and answering questions by e-mail. Really had to double check everything again and again as he had a habit of missing things which left me feeling a bit nervous. For me, it is not about the "hard sell" - it is all about the minor details and the aftercare which was sadly missing on this occasion and would make me think twice about booking with them again.
Product: I have given an overall rating of poor because although we had a lovely time, there was a mix up with the accommodation as a result of the information provided by best at travel. The agent put us in a one bedroom apartment (for 2 adults and 3 children) saying that there was a sofa bed for the two older children (to share) and that a cot would be provided for the baby as an exception. However, when we arrived at the hotel, there was only one "fold up" bed and a cot (no sofa beds existed in any of the apartments) which meant that there were 3 very tired children at almost midnight waiting for their beds. It also meant that we eventually had two fold up beds taking up the living room space all week rather than a tidy sofa bed which was not exactly what we were hoping for. To be fair, the hotel should have realised that there wasn't enough room, but then again, the agent should have realised there weren't any sofa beds (especially as he said he had visited the apartments himself). Again, this seemed to be another example of being too eager to "sell" rather than deal with the finer points and was not the kind of thing you expect to have to sort out after a long flight.

10-Dec

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Best at travel were great. Very helpfull. The only thing I wasnt sure off was that Best at travel didnt pay the hotel until the money until our last night there that had me worried

Your holiday to Grenada

Service rating : We always contact James at Best at Travel first and have always had excellent treatment.
Product: We haven't had the January 2015 one yet but the September visit was excellent.

Always great service

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Service rating : Thank you Doreen. The hotel was everything you said and then some!
Product: We have travelled a lot and this was by far one of the best holidays we have had. A beautiful hotel, great service, great food, lots to do and unadulterated pampering! Would definitley go again.

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Service rating : Use them year on year, and they always deliver a good deal. Only reason not giving them an excellent, is due to their policy on credit card charges.
Product: Lovely holiday, just as sold.

Your holiday to United States of America

very efficient and easy ,no hidden extra's. you sold us exactly what we wanted.The whole holiday went very smoothly.

Your holiday to Indonesia

Booked Child Accommodation and was advised upon arrival that an extra bed was not requested by the Travel Agent ! After almost flying for 24hrs flying mentally & physically drained agreed to pay for an extra bed because a 10 year old can not sleep in the same bed as 2 adults because we all would not have fitted in ! Contacted Best at Travel to query this and was told that as I had entered a private agreement with the Hotel there was nothing they could do ! So paying over £1000+ for my child's booking was not sufficient and had to pay over £400+ additionally ! After booking 3 holidays worth over £10,000 with Best at Travel............they sure have lost my business going forward !

Your holiday to Thailand

Service rating : very helpful and patient to find just what I was looking for
Product: fantastic

Your Holiday to Thailand

Service rating : I have used Best at Travel 4 times now and they have always been brilliant. You don't know how good a travel agent is until something goes wrong. Our transfers got messed up and Doreen at BAT sorted it out for us via email and kept us informed of progress while we were at the resort.
Product: Nice resort, good value for money, weather wasn't great.

07-Dec

Your holiday to Barbados

Service rating : Wanted 10 days as opposed to complete weeks.After some searching was offered what we wanted. Assistant went that bit extra to meet our wishes.
Product: great holiday at an amazing price

06-Dec

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Service rating : Geshan is always helpful and friendly and is always glad to help with queries regarding our holiday
Product: Top of the range hotel in the UAE at a very good price

06-Dec

Service rating : Will use you again
Product: A really good holiday from start to finish

Your holiday to Barbados

Service rating : We had said that we were going to celebrate a special wedding anniversary and the agent we dealt with said she would notify the hotel. The hotel hadn't been told so missed our anniversary. They did do something when they found out but it wasn't on the actual day. Was a little dissappointed with this. Would use Best at Travel again though as everything else went smoothly.
Product: Loved Barbados and loved the hotel, would happily go again.

Your holiday to Mauritius

Service rating : Very helpful and excellent value for money - Lauren Rippin sorted everything for us she was so helpful
Product: Amazing, absolutely perfect!

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Brilliant

Your holiday to Saint Lucia

Service rating : best@travel were polite, efficient and good at their job - no complaints at all.
Product: The Body Holiday is amazing, something for everyone (over 18). I love it, it's my second visit and I would go back tomorrow if I could.

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Jit was excellent will book again next year

Your holiday to United Arab Emirates

Best of travel did not explain the dates we was traveling correct so on the way back missed our flights and had to pay 700pounds more very poor customer service not impressed at all.

Your holiday to Jordan

Service rating : Good
Product: Hotel very poor, other aspects good

Your holiday to Indonesia

Service rating : I have used Best at Travel a couple of times now and cannot fault them. Peter Vasiliou is brilliant and made some really great recommedations as to which hotels to stay in. I can't thank him enough. He really is an asset to Beat at Travel and I will be using them again.
Product: A fantastic place to visit. The people are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. The customer service is absolutely amazing. Both hotels we stayed at were fabulous, The Laguna in Nusa Dua and Komaneka in Ubud. A truly amazing holiday and I can't wait to go back.

04-Dec