Auctionair Reviews

Consumer ratings of Auctionair

Feedback for www.auctionair.co.uk has been compiled from 384 Customer Reviews

• 20/01/2012
  • Auctionair came out of an experimental trial with British Airways in 2001. It has since processed 1.1 Million sealed-bids that have offered around £250m for 5-star holidays, new tech, upmarket jewellery, cars, motorbikes & selected luxury goods. One in four entrants in the High Bid auctions had a winning bid, saving an average of 51% and one in 58 in the Low Bid auctions at an average 98% discount. The stock is often held by the Auction suppliers, so fulfillment of tangible items can sometimes be on the slow side. Allow 12-20 days unless there has been a problem. There are generally high levels of customer service especially in arranging holidays & breaks and there seems to be plenty of attention to solving problems if they occur.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.auctionair.co.uk
22-Dec-2013

Voucher for £2,000 off a £3,500 portrait – valid until 26th November 2007

Service rating : I bought a portrait from Auctionair, it was never delivered. I approached Auctionair for refund, this was refused. They offered me free bids on the low bid auction as way of compensation. This was a substantial amount of bids offered...between 5-10% of the total bids available on 4 products that added up to the £1500 refund I was due. He also hinted at what price I could get products for. He also accepted this did not represent settlement should I not win the the items in the auction. Basically seeing if I could get my compensation through having winning bids on other products...to the detriment to full paying customers who were bidding on thess products. I refused this offer. All of this can be backed up by e-mails I have recieved from Auctionair.
Product: Never recieved product and now raising court action. I can be contacted at *personal information removed by Feefo* should anyone require further details. All my points can be backed up from e-mails from Auctionair.

We regret that you did not make use of the non-refundable 12-month voucher that you bought from us at auction in November 2006, before it expired. We did not hear from you again for nearly seven years after the purchase, which then made it almost impossible for us to do very much for you.

You have rejected almost all the suggestions we have already made, including our offer to negotiate a new special 2013 price for you for a portrait. The only thing you did accept was our goodwill offer to allow you to place 20 bids in our Low Bid auction at our expense, which we did in recognition of the disappointment you must have felt in realising, we presume, that you had forgotten to deal with this matter in a timely manner. So after nearly three months of extensive discussion about this, we do now feel, with great regret, that we have run out of options for you.

11-Dec-2013

7-night South African safari getaway for two

Service rating : Top locations
Product: Excellent holiday locations and service from Jill Crawley, but let down by Extraordinary Safaris booking us into Hamiltons Tented Camp on different days to those I booked and which showed on my confirmation. We were luck that Hamiltons had the space for us. It seems Cape Milner Hotel had had similar problems with them and do not use them any more.

So glad it all worked out and was a success in the end. We are reviewing the booking process to avoid scares like that again. Thanks for the comment.

08-Dec-2013

18ct White Gold Diamond Pendant by PepperPink

I paid over £600 for this lot and a pair of diamond earrings. Unknown to me (and apparently Auctionair!) the goods were out of stock. There were intended as a birthday present. After a couple of e-mails expressing my displeasure at this state of affairs the diamonds arrived over 3 weeks after the order date. They arrived at midday on my partner's birthday therefore causing me unnecessary anxiety. I shall think twice before bidding again.

We had to scramble to get this to you, after some stock issues with the supplier. There can sometimes be delays from Jewellery suppliers in getting items through which we are trying to iron out. This one was much too close for comfort for us all. We are very sorry for the stress and for cutting it so fine...but thank goodness we got it there on the day for you.

Thanks for the comment.

05-Dec-2013

Weekend for two at the famous Mercure Plaza de Espana, Madrid

Service rating : staff were very helpful and chased the hotel for me as they were very slow at responding to the booking request
Product: was meant to have a twin room but was given a double, had to ask for the free museum tickets and they tried to tell us they didn't know what we were talking about at first, eventually got them, otherwise nice enough hotel and nice and central to the old town but far enough out to be peaceful at night

Many thanks for the comment. We will have a word to clarify the details with hem again - but so glad you had a good/peaceful time anyway.

With best wishes
26-Nov-2013

Range Rover Evoque

Service rating : Always pleasant and professional, cordial and helpful.
Product: I really wanted this vehicle - that is why I bid for it. I am baffled that the FINANCIAL TIMES, which is and promotes itself as a world-wide operation, cannot provide auction winners with products that operate in countries in which it does business other than the U.K. One would expect there to be a level playing field geographically so that modifications would not be required with no remedy other than a cash alternative. It seems that it was assumed that the winner(s) would be from within the U.K. with no thought given to accommodate winners beyond the borders of the U.K. Why then offer the auction outside of the U.K.? Notice should be given up front that winners will have to fend for themselves regarding their indigenous differences/requirements.

20-Nov-2013

Philips Speaker iThing Dock - model AD313-05

Service rating : Very easy website to use, and reasonable range of items both on high and low bid auctions
Product: Arrived quickly and used as a present for a relative so unable to comment on quality of item itself.

19-Nov-2013

Philips HD camcorder - model: CAM110RD-00

Service rating : Auctionair service excellent...pity about the product!
Product: Difficult to use and poor instructions

16-Nov-2013

Five nights for two at La Bobadilla, Loja, Spain

Service rating : I have always found Auctionair to be an excellent site, and the staff are universally helpful.
Product: La Bobadilla was a superb experience which we thoroughly enjoyed.
However, there was one problem which I have to take up with Auctionair. This is to do with the details of the offer.
part of the reason that I took the offer was that it included one free diner at the hotel and a free spa session for both of us. When I approached the hotel to confirm this they denied any knowledge of the arrangement, which cost us over £100 extra on our bill !

15-Nov-2013

Made-to-measure suit by Timothy Everest

Service rating : Have always had excellent response from the team, however forcing a comment on a feedback form means I won't fill it in next time !
Product: Fitting session was good and finished product excellent but they "forgot" some of the add ons

15-Nov-2013

Canon EOS 700D digital SLR camera with 18-55mm lens kit included

Service rating : Good site, good concept
Product: Great product.

14-Nov-2013

Philips HD camcorder - model: CAM110RD-00

Service rating : prompt and effective
Product: good products, high quality , exactly as advertised

11-Nov-2013

Three nights in the Big Apple at the legendary Taj Pierre

Service rating : I've always had a very positive experience with auction air. Jill is so helpful and pleasure to deal with.
Product: It was ok. I have stayed at this hotel before through Auctionair (4 years ago) and the service and room were far superior the previous times.

11-Nov-2013

Philips HD camcorder - model: CAM110RD-00

Service rating : Always very helpful. I like the offers on offer (!) - if only I could win the Lottery !!
Product: Not yet used in the way it should be used but an interesting gadget nonetheless

07-Nov-2013

Philips O'Neill Bend Headphones in white and grey

Service rating : Great choice of items, great personal service, great team!
Product: Great for my DJ deck, lightweight and fantastic sound, with good external sound muffling.

06-Nov-2013

Golfing for 2 at Manor House Hotel & Golf Club, Wiltshire

Hotels and holidays seem to be the same destinations quite regularly

04-Nov-2013

6-night safari with Orient-Express in Botswana

Service rating : All easy and seamless.
Product: Absolutely stunning - The ultimate safari!

04-Nov-2013

Three nights in the Big Apple at the legendary Taj Pierre

Good and honest information provided on the site

01-Nov-2013

Two night break at the Grand Jersey Hotel (per person, based on two sharing)

Service rating : Good service, however bad details in product.
Product: Firstly, given a room with A/C and Tv working. Hotel knew this when we booked in.
After unpacking an 6 hours later we were offered a smaller room(107). The bathroom was so small the door couldn't open fully. I then get a bill to pay for my stay of £354.86 - Dinner room & breakfast at £150.00. So how do Auctionair say worth up to £450.00 a person. I paid £550.00 for my wife's 50th birthday treat and it I felt I was ripped off! We were offered an upgrade for a future trip within the next 6 months - What a joke!

30-Oct-2013

Seven idyllic nights in Malaysia at Rebak Island Resort - a Taj Hotel

Service rating : staff are incredibly helpful and really go out of their way to give you a good service
Product: resort was lovely and staff could not do enough for us, weather wasn't the best as we travelled during the monsoon season but hotel provided umbrellas so that you didn't get wet etc

18ct White Gold Diamond Rubover Earrings by PepperPink

Service rating : very good service
Product: quality product,somewhat over priced

18ct White Gold Diamond Rubover Pendant by PepperPink

very good service

Three nights in the Big Apple at the legendary Taj Pierre

Service rating : They were polite and efficient, and quickly obtained answers to my questions.
Product: It was special, obviously, although expensive for everything!

26-Oct-2013

5-night safari at Kruger National Park, South Africa

Service rating : Staff most helpful, always available on end of phone.
Product: Truly wonderful, memorable holiday. Absolutely fantastic experience.

15-Oct-2013

18ct White Gold Diamond Pendant by PepperPink

Service rating : Charming and friendly.
Product: Quite difficult to figure out sizing of jewelery bought on onternet. Need a bit more on sizing!

15-Oct-2013

Two night break for two at the Grand Jersey Hotel

Service rating : They used to be very good, but for whatever reason have stopped sending out email reminders about closing auction sessions, so I now often don't visit for months. Also the choice of items on offer have become less attractive.
Product: First time on Jersey, delightful island. Hotel very comfortable, though some parts in need of renovation. Service very good.