Hillarys Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hillarys

Feedback for www.hillarys.co.uk has been compiled from 24235 Customer Reviews

• 31/03/2011
  • As the UK's leading name in made to measure blinds, Hillarys brings you one of the widest selections of blinds available. From contemporary interiors to more traditional homes - and every style in between - blinds offer a unique way to enhance the rooms of any home, effortlessly combining practical needs with style. With hundreds of designs, colours and fabrics to choose from, you're sure to find a set of fitted blinds that blend in with your current decor, helping you create a unique look for your home that looks beautiful both inside and out. Our friendly, expert advisors are on hand to provide advice on your particular needs. Book a free, no obligation appointment in your home and see how new blinds from Hillarys can transform your interior.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hillarys.co.uk

Verticals

Service rating : The man that measured up and then fitted blinds was excellent. Very professional. Polite and friendly. And cleaned up after fitting.
Product: Very pleased with products

Roman

Service rating : We were very impressed with the representative who called round, he was knowledge, helpful with advice and he was on time!
Product: So far so good - well made good fitting, what more can I say. Will certainly recommend your company.

Verticals

Service rating : All round good service, this is the second time I have used Hillarys, the workmanship is quick,good quality and a friendly service, and the prices are very good too.!
Product: Very good quality, thats why I chose Hillarys for the second time, (A Brilliant Firm)

Verticals

Service rating : Couldn't fault the help & advice from the representative that visited us from the company
Product: Fantastic blinds - really pleased!

Roller

Service rating : Good quality but they took a bit longer than I expected between ordering and fitting.
Product: Smooth opening and closing. The plastic chain hasn't been attached to upvc window frame, so I will have to sort that out.

Delighted, as always

Venetians

Service rating : The measurements didn't really got well with the windows and for the price I paid the the quality is very poor.
Product: The quality is very bad and also the price was too high so I was expecting way better quality also the pull switch works only some times.

Roman

Service rating : Still waiting for my Roman blind to be stitched and delivered, no response from fitter and I am sick of chasing him to get my replacement, he doesn't call me to tell me what's happening, I will never use you agsin, I spent over £700 with you and still not got my blinds
Product: Rubbish

I do apologise most sincerely for the delay in fitting your replacement blind, I have asked that the account manager who is dealing with the issue for you, to give you a call so she can fully update you with the situation.
If I can be of further assistance, please email me at sm@hillarys.co.uk.
Kind regards, Sara@Hillarys

Verticals

Service rating : From measuring up to fitting, the service was excellent.
Product: Very happy with the product.

Service rating : Fantastic very professional
Product: Very good quality

Roller

Service rating : Good product, fitter always punctual, neat and tidy work
Product: All of my windows have blinds supplied by Hillarys, excellent product, lots to choose from, both colours or design

Roller

Service rating : Service generally good. However, I would like the bedroom blinds to be checked as the finish is very poor. See comments below .
Product: However, the bedroom blinds are finished off very badly with loose stitching

I am so sorry to hear that the blinds are not to your satisfaction and I would like to have this looked into for you. I have asked that the account manager give you a call to arrange a service call with the advisor to come along and take a look at the issues you have raised and hope to address them for you.
I hope that is ok for you?
Any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at sm@hillarys.co.uk
Kind regard, Sara@Hillarys

Verticals

Service rating : My blinds didn't arrive on the specified day and I was informed via voice mail late in the afternoon on Friday afternoon. I had to ring up customer services to ask them when they would be fitted. I was assured that the fitter would contact me, which he didn't. Very poor customer service.
Product: I don't like the ugly, cheap looking plastic holder that has been drilled into the side wall for health and safety. Even when I told the fitter that I didn't like it after he'd fitted it on my first blind, he proceeded to fit it on the second. Once again, poor customer service.

23-May-2015
I was NOT informed about the child safety device. It really annoys me when a company cannot accept responsibility for their own inadequate customer service. Why would I agree to have child safety devices fitted when I don't have any children?

I apologise that we were not able to give you more notice that your fit date would need to postponed for the following day.
I have checked and there seemed to be a system error, usually a notification is raised on the day of the advisors delivery, if we haven't been able to deliver the order to him, unfortunately this didn't happen, we are aware that this error can happen on occasion and are looking to rectify this.
With regards to the fitting of the Child Safety device, we are required by Law to fit a device for every blind that we install. I have also had a look at the the receipt you signed when you placed your order with us confirming that you have been made aware of the availability of the Child Safety devices.
Once again, I apologise on behalf of Hillarys Blinds for the issues raised in your post.
Kindest regards, Sara@Hillarys

Roller

Service rating : I ordered 7 blinds, 6 of which were fitted within a couple of weeks. The other had been incorrectly ordered and I am still waiting for it 4 weeks later with little or no contact from Hillarys. I was also gutted to discover a friend had been given a substantial discount on blinds from Hillarys (about 1/4 of what I am paying) which was not offered to me.
Product: The blinds look good however one of the child safety pull cords keeps snapping open when I use it. I am still waiting for a replacement.

My apologies for the delay in fitting your final blind. As you are aware the advisor is on holiday and will call you upon his return. The account manager will also ask him to take a look at your kitchen blind, that is not operating well.

With regards to the value of your order, as with all our quotations, they are given in good faith, and it is for you to decide if the price is acceptable to you. We would not compare prices or discounts given with regards to other customers orders as there are always many factors which contribute to their quotation.
If we can be of further help or assistance.
Please email us at sm@hillarys.co.uk.
Kind regards Sara@Hillarys

Roller

Service rating : Found Mark the chap who measured and fitted the blinds really helpful and friendly!
Product: All the blinds chosen look great, so made good choices!

Roller

Service rating : The local agent was punctual, helpful and over came one or two problems without any comment. Thankyou
Product: Just what we ordered, does the job we were asking them to do

Roller

Service rating : Service was good cannot complain, though I had to get rid of the cardboard boxes myself , I thought they would have been taken by the in taller.
Product: Not happy with the quality of the black out blind at all the one I had in my previous house from rival company was far superior, but as its up I have no other option than to keep it , it was also very expensive wish I had shopped around the other blinds are good only the blackout one I am not happy with.

Service rating : Great service and selection
Product: Great blinds.

Service rating : Appointment and fitting times were prompt
Product: Blind fell down 6 days later and I had to refit with larger screws and Raw plugs

I'm very sorry to hear that the blind fell down. If you'd like us to arrange a service appointment to make absolutely sure that both blinds are secure, we'll be happy to arrange it. Please call our customer service team on 0800 916 6500.

Kind regards,

Phil@Hillarys

Roller

Quick and efficient service. Blinds are of a good quality and well-fitted.

Verticals

Service rating : Trusty and friendly.
Product: Excellent blinds install, they look great.

Service rating : Brilliant