Hillarys Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hillarys

Feedback for www.hillarys.co.uk has been compiled from 22763 Customer Reviews

• 31/03/2011
  • As the UK's leading name in made to measure blinds, Hillarys brings you one of the widest selections of blinds available. From contemporary interiors to more traditional homes - and every style in between - blinds offer a unique way to enhance the rooms of any home, effortlessly combining practical needs with style. With hundreds of designs, colours and fabrics to choose from, you're sure to find a set of fitted blinds that blend in with your current decor, helping you create a unique look for your home that looks beautiful both inside and out. Our friendly, expert advisors are on hand to provide advice on your particular needs. Book a free, no obligation appointment in your home and see how new blinds from Hillarys can transform your interior.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hillarys.co.uk

Verticals

a very excellent service,the rep and fitter very good he did not try and sell us anything we did not want.

Verticals

Good all round service will definitely use again

Roller

I think Hillarys provide a really good service - the prices are very competitive, they offer weekend appointments and the fitter was efficient, tidy and knowledgeable.

Verticals

I had three quotes for vertical blinds for ten rooms in my house. You were the most expensive of the three, however your salesman, Phil was not only polite but very thorough. He allowed us time to select our blinds including blackouts for the bedrooms, held them up to the light to ensure we were happy, showed us the fittings, asked which side/middle opening we required etc. Nothing was too much trouble for him.

Furthermore when he fitted the blinds he, confirmed the time of arrival prior to attending and did turn up on time.

I was very impressed with our service, and as I live on a new housiing estate, I have been recommending him to neighbours and work colleagues alike.

Thank you Phil, you did a superb job.

Verticals

The job is still not finished. The out of four blinds,one came with a slat missing. And two have cord on the big bay windows that is only 12 inches long, so we have to get a step ladder to open or close them. Both bays have a gap at the end so people can see in even when blinds are closed. Your agent has ordered two more and they arrived last week. He is coming back next week to try and sort this unfortunate mess out.

Very sorry to hear about this and thank you for taking the time to make us aware. I have asked for an account manager to ring you today to see if there's any thing that customer services can do to assist in getting your job completed to satisfaction.

Verticals

There was a slight muddle at the start of the process as the person who was due to come and measure specialised in shutters and someone was supposed to ring me back and that did not happen but once I rang back the process was excellent and the gentleman who fitted the blinds was very friendly, professional and efficient.

Verticals

A very prompt reply to my enquiry was made. An appointment was arrange very quickly too and a reasonable price was arranged for the blinds we wanted. They were installed quite quickly with the minimum of distruption. However, a wand was missing from one of the blinds and we are still waiting for it to be delivered. I got onto Hillarys via email and telephone call and was dealt with in a courtious manner and a replacement was to be sent. However, the second replacement still hasn't arrived! Perhaps the delivery service should be investigated by Hillary's as it could jepodise their good reputation.

Roller

Replaced all my blinds in the house with wooden ones from Hilary's - initially I thought the service was good. However ALL my wooden blinds have had to be reordered as they have marks on them. I appreciate they are being replaced but I'm very disappointed with the service now! I've had to chase the reorder as no-one has been in contact and that was about 3 weeks ago!!!!! I paid a lot of money for those blinds & really wish I'd went elsewhere.

Very sorry to hear that your blinds were not up to standard. The replacements are now complete and will be delivered to your fitting advisor on the 29th July, he will then be able to arrange a convenient date and time to refit.

Once again, apologies for this additional delay and for the lack of communication.

Roller

I had a really bad experience with Hillary's customer service. The salesperson and fitter were both good when they came to my home, but my order was not put through on time, so this resulted in a delay. I did not find out about this delay until I called the phone number supplied, as I had not received a confirmation of a date for fitting. I explained that I needed the blinds to be fitted, as we were moving into a new home with no blinds and my three small children would be unable to sleep without the blinds in place. I also explained that I had specifically arranged it in advance so that they would be done in time.
I asked to speak to the customer services team manager and was assured that the blinds would indeed be fitted in time, they would rush the order through. The next day I phoned again and was informed that only one blind was ready, so they wouldn't manage the date the team leader had promised, but they would courier them asap to the fitter, who would fit them asap, even at a weekend if he got them. I continued to phone every day to be told the same thing, but none of these promises materialised. All these delays (and expensive phone calls) were extremely annoying as every day I was promised that it would be sent the next day, and it wasn't. In the end (after some intervention from my original sales advisor) they were fitted, but my bad experience means that I would not recommend or use Hillary's again. The fact that I was repeatedly told it would be happening the next day, and it didn't, and I also had to keep phoning over and over again, was extremely annoying and upsetting.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your experience, we take customer satisfaction very seriously and I regret that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. I note that we have attempted to recompense you for the inconveniences but I appreciate that this is small consolation for a lack of communication.

I only hope the installed blinds do meet with your expectation and that in that respect we have lived up to our reputation for quality.

Roller

Overall the service was good. My main problem is that Hillary's made a mistake with the design of one of my curtain - they rectified it without cost to us, however rather than speeding our replacement curtain through the system (it was their mistake) our order was put to the back of the list and we had to wait a further 7-8 weeks for the curtain. There was no compensation provided and we had to take further time off work for installation. Very poor customer service.

Verticals

Very good and friendly service provided

Blinds fitted on time
Unfortunately one vertical blind was wrongly suppled but this was re-ordered and the correct one was fitted within 10 days
Then one if the operating cords came loose so the blind found not be used and after a phone call directly to Ian the Hillarys local representative he called and repaired it within 3 days
The Hillarys representative has been helpful from start to finish

26-Jul-2014
When looking for blinds I did a search on the internet and got a price from a local company for bespoke blinds
Before placing my order with them I noticed Hillarys were advertising that they had a summer same so i requested their representative to call and give me a quote.
I was really shocked at Hillarys sale price which was in excess if the other price I had received
However after much discussion and negotiation with Hillarys representative we managed to reach a compromise in the price and I placed my order with Hillarys

See my earlier comments re the problems with their service

Verticals

Happy with product and service - confused by the costs as the website costs/discounts didn't tally with my bill at all.

Roller

The speed of turnaround on my order was excellent. The quality of materials and workmanship likewise. My only quibble would be that even with 50% off the blinds I had fitted were very expensive.

Roller

Service was good at the initial stage, but took ages to be ready for fitting and then messed us around with times. Final result is 'ok' but no better than if I'd bought one from a shop and fitted myself. Overall, disappointed.

Very sorry to hear you feel that way. Our blinds are made to measure, fitted and come with our one year guarantee and additional four years peace of mind service, so I hope you feel that the additional benefits and the quality of material we provide elevates a Hillarys blind from any self-installed shop bought blind.

If you feel that there is anything at all that could be improved with your purchase then please don't hesitate to ring our customer services department on 0800 916 1094, and they will be happy to help.

Mark@Hillarys

Verticals

Excellent customer relations, easy to work with, all went very smoothly. Thank you

Venetians

Great work from start to finish, we had difficult windows with awkward sizes and openings, the advise was excellent and all were fitted on time.

Verticals

I was very pleased with the service from Hillarys and the professional attitude of the representative. I would recommend to anyone thinking of buying blinds.

Verticals

Everything was really good. The seller/fitter was nice. I was really pleased with the results.

I have had hillarys to fit 1 carpet and lay vinyl flooring
also 2 verticle blinds, all done speedily and reasonably priced.The rep and fitters
were excellent. i will shortly be ordering a second carpet..Highly recommended.

Roller

second time I used Hillary's excellent service each time, right from the initial telephone call. called on time they were delivered in time quoted and look brilliant

Roller

Good service. Issue with billing was sorted promptly .

Roller

Our Hillary's representative who provided our initial consultation then did the work was very efficient, helpful and professional. Thank you.

Roller

A good product installed by a very professional installer. Thank you

Roller

delivery & installation of my blinds was due June 27th. Half the order arrived & were fitted that day - 1 subsequently came off the fitting the first time I went to close it. A further 6 blinds were fitted July 10 - minus 2 covers for them. I still await delivery & fitting of 2 more blinds. All the blinds were measured & ordered at the same time & I expected them all to arrive the 27th of June. Almost a month later I am still waiting without any word from your Wexford representative. As I am sure you appreciate I find this service poor, if not bad.
Claire o dwyer

Sincere apologies for the delays with your fitting. I've contacted Lorraine, our manager in Ireland, and have asked her to look into this for you personally.