Gardening Direct Reviews

Consumer ratings of Gardening Direct

Feedback for www.gardeningdirect.co.uk has been compiled from 86994 Customer Reviews

• 04/07/2008
  • Gardening Direct are a mail order and online retailer providing plants, bedding plants, shrubs and perennials to our customers. We love gardening for less and truly believe in offering our customers quality plants at affordable prices. We offer Free Delivery on all orders and have a 28 day guarantee so if you are unhappy with your order just contact us and we will be happy to offer you a replacement or a refund.

Good
Bad

Al Feefo reviews are gathered anonymously from genuine customers. Read more about how our review system works.

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.gardeningdirect.co.uk

Begonia Sparkle Patchwork (Trailing) 50 Plants + 20 FREE

Service rating : service very good
Product: the begonias are just starting to flower and looking good

Camellia Japonica Debbie 1 plant 9cm pot

• Viburnum opulus compactum 1 Plant 9cm Pot
  • Sambucus nigra Black Lace 1 Plant 9cm pot

Service rating : Tel. line infuriating and not very helpful. Delivery of plants very up hazard. Either you are lucky or not. Ordered 3 climbing roses. Received one immediately (very good quality) but no idea when the two others will follow. Also ordered plant in January and told in June it is no longer available due to poor quality (after my chasing twice on the phone and once in writing). . Another shrub arrived after the bank holiday in poor condition; guess it was in transit for longer than necessary in hot conditions so was not very pleased with this as I had ordered it well in advance of the bank holiday. Fortunately it recovered so no need to send it back.
Product: Plant arrived in good condition. Only one shoot but will see how it develops.

Tomato Shirley F1 12 XLarge Plants

Service rating : Always, over the last twenty years at least, excellent
Product: Growing and I talk to them with encouragement daily.
The Pelagoniums, why do you call them geraniums ?, are in fine fettle.
Cheers, Bill.

Verbena (Trailing) 6 Large Plants

Service rating : delivery on time and well packed
Product: Beautiful plants, very strong and flowering well, extremely pleased

Begonia Apricot Sparkle (Trailing) 100 Plants + 70 FREE

Service rating : Easy to deal with.
Product: Goods received in squashed box, several plants damaged, overall view not good, however with a little care it was possible to rear the majority into good plants.

Fuchsia (Hardy) tom thumb 1 pre planted container

Service rating : always had excellent service from gardening direct
Product: plant came really well packed so no movement in transit .plant is now in full bloom and looking gorgeous well pleased

Begonia Apricot Sparkle (Trailing) 50 Plants + 20 FREE

Service rating : usually very good
Product: Have bought these for a few years, last year most were damaged when they arrived,
this year they were so tiny, and dry that most of them died,

Petunia Trillion Bells Carnival Mix 6 Large Plants

Service rating : Plants arrived in good condition
Product: Very pretty and flowering well

Service rating : See below
Product: Plants always very good,very reasonable price and almost always arrive in excellent condition.
However, on the downside it is difficult for garedeners without a greenhouse to order tender seedlings when all fear of frost has gone. Early orders tend to arrive well before it is safe to put them out and waiting until it is safe you tend to have stopped taking orders. Guidence on this point would be much appreciated.. I get the impression that you expect the weather on the mainland to be similar to that of the Channel Islands.

Hydrangea Limelight 1 Plant 3 litre

Service rating : Very helpful and informative, most pleasant.
Product: Amazing plant, so much so, that I purchased 2 more, one for a relative.

Virginia Creeper 1 Plant 3 Litre

the website was misleading, saying a plant (sweet pea) were ready to order, making me wait for two months! Until i cancelled my order:(.

Busy Lizzie (Impatiens) New Guinea Divine 100 Plants + 70 FREE

• Shrub Offer Jasmine Nudiflorum 1 Plant 9cm Pot
  • Gazania Firecracker 50 Plants +20 FREE

Service rating : very very poor this year. not like them.
Product: these were absolute rubbish. I have dealt with them for years and regret will not order again

Service rating : always excellent
Product: now flowering well

Patio Rose Orange 1 Plant 3 Litre

• Escallonia Apple Blossom 1 plant 3 litre

Service rating : Ibought 2 ready planted supposedly hardy Petunias last year ,they arrived with nearly all the stems broken . I kept them this year to see if they would grow but sadly they did'nt. Although I was sent a voucher for the full cost of these.
Product: This is a lovely good quality plant but I doubt that it is a patio rose as the roses are quite large , I thought patio roses should be small roses.

Climbing Rose Golden Climber 1 Plant 3 Litre

Service rating : Fast delivery & a good little rose.
Product: Nice rose have had some lovely blooms.

Verbena Glory Days 50 Plants +20 FREE

• Geranium Zonal Collection 6 Large Plants
  • Begonia Destiny 50 Plants +20 FREE

On the whole the service supplied is good and any problems are rectified quickly and considerately.

Hydrangea Limelight 1 Plant 3 litre

• Pennisetum Fireworks 1 Plant 9cm Pot

Service rating : Have used gardening direct for many years and always excellent.
Product: Excelling plant and it is one that grows quit tall. Have seen it in friends garden and ver impressive so just hope mine gets established. As well

Tomato Tumbling Tom Red F1 6 XLarge Plants

Service rating : I bought 24 mega trailing Begonias and half of these died. The ones left have now flowered. Will not order these again.
Product: I have lots of flowers and some little tomatoes starting to come out.

30-Jun-2015
Gardening Durect are a good company. When I told them about plants dying, the did give a refund which I thought was very good.

Tomato Tumbling Tom Red F1 6 XLarge Plants

Service rating : Sorry to say that out of the flowers received this year majority have died, although they did send me vouchers to compensate, which I then bought more flowers and some again have died
Product: unfortunately they have not got any fruit yet and taking a time to grow, probably the weather

Fuchsia Trailing 1 Pre-Planted Hanging Basket

• Begonia Sahara 50 Plants+20 FREE

Service rating : Always good service from Gardening Direct
Product: Very windy here since I received the hanging basket. Poor thing was up and down like a yo-yo to preserve it, but is now blooming nicely.

Geranium Red (Trailing) 24 Large Plants

• Petunia Surfinia Classic (Trailing) 12 Large Plants
  • Begonia Stars 50 PLants + 20 FREE

Good service, still issues with the delivery

Petunia Surfinia Classic (Trailing) Blue 12 Large Plants

• Geranium Pelargonium Candy 6 Large Plants

Service rating : Most of the time I'm very satisfied with the plants. I've been using your service for the last few years and I shall continue to do so. Thankyou.
Footnote:
Colours aren't always portrayed as the same, eg: Aubretia reds are mauve. Is there a reason for this? (see below regarding surfinia blue)
Product: Although I've marked you as good for these plants, they do not match the colour blue as portrayed on screen or in your catalogues. They are actually purple, but I'm still reasonably satisfied as they are very profuse and good to look at. Thankyou.

Begonia Compacta Patchwork 100 Plants + 70 FREE

Service rating : I am normally very pleased with your service.
Product: I have grown Begonias from you for many years and have always had great results, however this year they failed badly and I have no idea why. I did nothing different from previous years but I have had to go to a local nursery and buy bedding plants to fill the gaps in my beds.
I would be very interested to hear from you if others have had a similar experience.

Trailing Sunflowers 6 Large Plants

Service rating : Plants are usually lovely and healthy and are well packed for the journey. Good information booklet comes with them too. Good informative website.
Product: Unfortunately they didn't live. I potted them on before planting them out and something ate them or a rot got to them almost immediately so I have to imagine that they come with something. They just dissolved in front of my eyes.

Thank you for your review for Gardening Direct. I have tried contacting you by phone and email so we can discuss your Sunflower plants further. When you get the chance please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at adam@fpnl.net . We look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day,

Adam Eggleston
Gardening Direct

Begonia Apricot Sparkle (Trailing) 100 Plants + 70 FREE

• Begonia Sahara 100 Plants + 70 FREE
  • Busy Lizzie (Impatiens) Summer Waterfall (Trailing) 100 Plants + 70 FREE

customer services sorted out my problem regarding replacement plants.