Gardening Direct Reviews

Consumer ratings of Gardening Direct

Feedback for www.gardeningdirect.co.uk has been compiled from 77517 Customer Reviews

• 04/07/2008
  • Gardening Direct are a mail order and online retailer providing plants, bedding plants, shrubs and perennials to our customers. We love gardening for less and truly believe in offering our customers quality plants at affordable prices. We offer Free Delivery on all orders and have a 28 day guarantee so if you are unhappy with your order just contact us and we will be happy to offer you a replacement or a refund.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.gardeningdirect.co.uk

Floral Mixed (Autumn) 2 Hanging Baskets

Uninformed customer service representative. Order was advertised as available from mid-September and was finally delivered at the end of October

Wallflower Wizard 24 Large Plants

Service rating : Always had good service. But condition of plants after being thrown around in the post has not been good for last couple of years. Especially if I am not at home and the plants are taken back to the depot for delivery the next day.
Product: I have always been highly delighted with your plants over the many years of dealing with your company. However the last two years, I have not been quite so pleased. Last year I thought it might be down to me but this year its the same. The problem is the packaging. By the time they reach here, they are not looking at all good and it takes a long time for them to recover and they dont seem to catch up. I probably wont be buying any more as I think it better practice to buy locally and buy the plants when I can actually see them. Thank you for your past good service.

Pansy Zest 50 Plants +20 FREE

cant believe your asking for this.its the worst service i have dealt with in 20years on the net put the first order in 3 weeks before my mothers 80th birthday got nothing,blamed planes boats vans.
the second and final order came three weeks after the date given on the website,give it up its terrible,

thank you for your review. I have tried contacting you both by phone and email so we can discuss some compensation for you. When you get the opportunity please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at katie@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you.

Wallflower Wizard 30 Plants + 15 FREE

Service rating : service as usual was very good
Product: wrong size of plants sent

thank you for your review. I notice that you have already spoken with myself for a resolution to your Wallflower Wizard plants. I hope that this was satisfactory, but if not, we are here to help. Please feel free to call us 01534 876494 and ask for the FEEFO Customer Services team or email customer.services@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you.

Perennial Prism 24 Large Plants

• Perennial Prism 12 Mega Plants

Service rating : Dear Sir I was very disappointed with state of the parcel delivery service.
Product: All the plants were tipped out of their pots and drying out, most if not all plants are not picking up from their very poor delivery handling.

thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone. I can happily confirm that your vouchers we agreed have been issued and will be with you shortly. Thank you for remaining to be a valued customer of Gardening Direct.

Wallflower Wizard 2 Pre Planted Container

Service rating : Internet ordering was good. As I had to complain I was disappointed that the call centre was not the Company's customer service department - they did appreciate the products they were dealing with even when I sent photos.
Product: I had to complain about the quality of the plants sent as a gift. Although these were replaced it should not have been necessary to embarrass the recipient by bringing to my attention the extremely poor quality of the gift.

thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone about your Wallflower Wizard Plants. I can happily confirm that your Voucher that was agreed has been issued and will be with you shortly. Thank you for remaining to be a valued customer of Gardening Direct.

Golden Delicious & Braeburn 2 Patio Apple Trees

Service rating : No comment required
Product: I will look forward to next year before I can really make an honest comment

Floral Mixed (Autumn) 2 Pre-planted Troughs

• Floral Mixed (Autumn) 1 Pre-planted Trough
  • Floral Mixed (Autumn) 2 Hanging Baskets

Qulaity allways sells its self.

Pansy Cascadia Trailing (Autumn) 50 Plants + 20 FREE

Service rating : The service has always been good
Product: Some of these plants died they didn't seem very good quality compared to plants that I have had from you in the past, a little dissapointing

thank you for your review. I have tried contacting you both by phone and email so we can discuss some compensation for your Pansy Cascadia Trailing plants. When you get the opportunity please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at katie@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you.

Braeburn Apple & Doyenne du Comice Pear 2 Patio Fruit Trees

• Cherry Sylvia & Plum Black Amber 2 Patio Fruit Trees

Service rating : Good, but still wish they would email when goods are on-route.
Product: Difficulty to know until next year, as they are just sticks at present.

Stock Autumn Fragrance 50 plants + 20 FREE

• Pansy Strawberry Rose 50 Plants +20 FREE

Service rating : I have been using Gardening Direct for a number of years now and have always been very pleased with all my purchases.
Product: As I have only just put these plants in the garden I cannot say how they will perform but they were in very good condition when they arrived.

Pansy Can Can (Autumn) 30 Plants + 15 FREE

Service rating : I am absolutely delighted for the service and quality of plants I receive from Gardening Direct
Product: Plants were delivered in perfect condition and I can't wait to see them in bloom next year. Many thanks

Clematis Omishoro 1 Trellis Plant 2 Litre Pot

• Forsythia Mini Gold 1 Plant 3 litre
  • Weigela Florida Rumba 1 Plant 3 litre

The quality of the plants is excellent the service is also excellent. I will certainly be buying from Gardening Direct again.

Antirrinhum Rainbow Autumn 12 Mega Plants

• AUtumn Mix of 3 Varieties + FREE Pansies + FREE Plant Food

Service rating : Improved now packaging for transport improved for protection.
Product: This requested order , unavailable at last minute , and replaced without discussion or notification with smaller pansy plants & wallflowers. I probably would have preferred a refund . I had finished planting out for winter , & just needed a few big ready to go out antirrhinums , as. They give such good colour. Had already planted out pansies and wallflowers month before. So these pl ants still sitting in greenhouse.

thank you for your review. I have tried contacting you both by phone and email so we can discuss some compensation for your Antirrhinum Rainbow. When you get the opportunity please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at katie@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you.

Service rating : Service good delivery as promised
Product: Of the 45 plants have grown on 44

Pansy Grande Fragrance (Autumn) 30 rEADY pLANTS + 15 free

Ordering is easy - delivery is prompt - plants are in a good condition

Polyanthus High Seas 24 Large Plants

Service rating : this time there was a delay with delivery and it took 3 e mails before I got the order
Product: didn't arrive and was sent replacement which were not the variety ordered. however they were good quality plants and are now flowering in the garden so not too disappointed

thank you for your review. I have tried contacting you both by phone and email so we can discuss some compensation for your Polyanthus High Seas plants. When you get the opportunity please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at katie@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you.

Pansy Firecracker 50 + 20 FREE Plants

• Pansy Grande Fragrance (Autumn) 30 rEADY pLANTS + 15 free

Service rating : I have always found their products and service to be very good
Product: First pack arrived in a poor state, but were soon replaced after I complained about them - thank you

Wallflower Wizard 30 Plants + 15 FREE

Service rating : As usual ,i have no complaints about any of the plants i ordered and they arrived very quickly and in fine condition
Product: Speedy delivery ,superb plants and as always am very happy to buy from Gardening Direct.Many thanks .

Pansy Strawberry Rose 50 Plants +20 FREE

• Pansy Purple & Orange 50 Plants + 20 FREE

Service rating : Good quality plants at a good price
Product: Good quality plants with good root system

Pansy Firecracker 50 + 20 FREE Plants

Good company to. Deal with.

Pansy Cascadia Trailing (Autumn) 24 Large Plants

Service rating : quick delivery
Product: all arrived in good condition

Service rating : SERVICE WAS REASONABLE ENOUGH BUT NOT PRODUCTS
Product: SUPPOSED TO BE WINTER FLOWERING BUT IT DOES NOT SAY WHICH WINTER AND RATE AT WHICH PLANTS ARE GROWING WILL PROBABLY BE AROUND 2020

thank you for your review. I have tried contacting you both by phone and email so we can discuss some compensation for your Pansy Can Can plants. When you get the opportunity please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at katie@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you

Pansy Grande Fragrance (Autumn) 30 rEADY pLANTS + 15 free

Service rating : I have always experienced good service
Product: Plant condition not good

thank you for your review. I have tried contacting you both by phone and email so we can discuss some compensation for your Pansy Grande Fragrance plants. When you get the opportunity please feel free to call us on 01534 876494 or email myself at katie@fpnl.net. We look forward to hearing from you.

Wallflower Wizard 50 Plants + 20 FREE

Service rating : Products always received in good condition.
Product: Look fine. Time will tell!