Direct2florist Reviews

Consumer ratings of Direct2florist

Feedback for www.direct2florist.co.uk has been compiled from 35004 Customer Reviews

• 07/01/2014
  • A new and unique way to send flowers from local florists around the world. Now established in over 18 countries, it is simply the best way to have flowers delivered Internationally and in the UK by local florists - very often for same day delivery even on the other side of the world.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.direct2florist.co.uk
24-May-2014

Direct2florist Brazil

Dear sir/madam

Order #1199357

Please accept this email as a formal complaint regarding the above stated order number.

It was my mum 70th birthday in 22/05 and I wanted to make her day special. I have been living in Australia for the last 11 years and for the first time wanted to send her something special.

I placed an order for the below specified flowers as per direct2florist webpage.

However the bouquet my mum received had white and red roses and was not vibrant at all as specified the "fresh and funk hand tied bouquet." Which meant to be orange floral. Birthday don't go well with white roses!!!! I mentioned in my order it was my moms birthday and the flowers should be yellow and orange not red and white roses. I am sorry but it's just not acceptable. Why so many different styles of bouquet to choose from if at the end of the day the florist will do whatever they feel like it!??

I also ordered a "good morning breakfast basket"and intentionally didn't select the one with Flowers included as I wanted to give my mom a nice bouquet. The basket my mum received had a vase with Flowers in it!!! So it was in vain my effort to get things right. I wanted a big and nice basket with treats and not a few breakfast selections and a vase. Not what I had in my order!!!!!she received the coffee flowers basket" instead.

I am very disappointed with the service and I can't get back in Time and change the it. My mom was happy but I am not. I would like to Hear from your
Company and discuss what can be ratified as I spent $238 dollars for my order which I took the time to select the items I really thought would be special for my mom on the other hand the items were not the ones I ordered and completely incorrect.

I have included the photos from what my mom received, please refer to the webpage to compare the items I really wanted as specified in email with the names in "".

I look forward to hearing from you. If you require this email in Portuguese please advise. Or if the email should be sent to another recipient please also advise.

Regards,

Debora Prado +61 452462122

30-Apr-2015

Iris Florist, Barcelona

Service rating: Fabulous! I ordered flowers in Iris Florist friend's birthday in Barcelona. I honestly do not expect that they will have time to deliver on the same day as the order is placed late in the afternoon - Moscow time. But - all the time to call me, to agree on actions several times recruited Jose when he was not at home. Well done !!!!!
Product: Magnificent bouquet! I had no idea that three roses and a few herbs you can create something completely amazing and beautiful ... MUCHAS GRACIAS !!!!!!!!

20-Oct-2016

Azalea, ABERDEEN

Service rating : Thank you very much for sending such a beautiful arrangement of flowers to my aunt and uncle on time for their Diamond Anniversary today. I just spoke to them and they are very happy with the flowers, said they are gorgeous and received them this morning, as I had requested.

I wish to express my appreciation for your excellent service and the follow up email that you sent confirming delivery. The last time I sent flowers to another relative in Scotland by going directly to the florist, I found out that they had not seen my order sent via their email because they had not checked it in a couple of days. That afternoon, I called my relatives and discovered the flowers had not arrived. So, I had to call the florist to check up on the order on the very day of their special anniversary. The florist thankfully did everything to get the flowers to them that evening but I almost missed this other very special occasion. Since I live in Montreal, Canada, it meant a couple of long distance calls and stressful moments. Your service eliminated all of this and I am so pleased.

Thank you for making this delivery of flowers for a very special occasion a great success!

With much appreciation,

Beverley Colquhoun
514-288-9335 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Product: see above note. Fabulous arrangement of flowers. My aunt and uncle loved it.

02-Mar-2014

Kingston Wild Flowers, Kingston

Service rating : I have recently ordered a bouquet from you (order number: 1180161). However, my girlfriend received something entirely different which is wrap in a simply manner and it looks like a bunch of grass (pictures were attached with this e-mail). To top of to that, the service was horrible. It was suppose to be delivered on 1st of march between 930am to 1030 am. However, they did not manage to make it. When called, they insisted that there were no guarantee for delivery on that time and the service was rude. Instead the flowers were delivered the following day. The order clearly written that it will be delivered in the morning. However when my girlfriend called them, they say they could only make it after 12.30pm. This was meant to be a surprise for my girlfriend. Long distance was hard enough and they have to screw it up when I have to call my girlfriend to stay home all morning and mess up her plans. And she needed to call the florist herself to confirm with them. It was something special for us and I entrusted your site and professionalism to make this special for both of us. But instead, I am truly disappointed and very unhappy about this! In fact I am angry about the horrible services. Please do something.
Product: I have recently ordered a bouquet from you (order number: 1180161). However, my girlfriend received something entirely different which is wrap in a simply manner and it looks like a bunch of grass (pictures were attached with this e-mail). To top of to that, the service was horrible. It was suppose to be delivered on 1st of march between 930am to 1030 am. However, they did not manage to make it. When called, they insisted that there were no guarantee for delivery on that time and the service was rude. Instead the flowers were delivered the following day. The order clearly written that it will be delivered in the morning. However when my girlfriend called them, they say they could only make it after 12.30pm. This was meant to be a surprise for my girlfriend. Long distance was hard enough and they have to screw it up when I have to call my girlfriend to stay home all morning and mess up her plans. And she needed to call the florist herself to confirm with them. It was something special for us and I entrusted your site and professionalism to make this special for both of us. But instead, I am truly disappointed and very unhappy about this! In fact I am angry about the horrible services. Please do something.

sorry to receive your comments regarding the delivery. I understand Kingston Wild Flowers telephoned the recipient to advise the soonest flowers could be delivered was 12.30pm Saturday afternoon- by then the recipient would have left and not be back until Sunday. The florist therefore offered to make a special Sunday morning delivery which she did do. We are sorry to receive your negative comments. We know Kingston had tried to meet with your expectations

Zoe Lee
21-Jun-2014

House of Flowers, Invergordon

Service rating : My niece received her first ever bouquet of flowers yesterday, mostly purple (her favourite colour) with a little stuffed dog in the centre of the bouquet.

I wanted to send her some flowers to let her know how proud I am that she was so brave and managed to overcome her extreme shyness. She delivered a speech to her class, all about her gran's new puppy who has changed Sophie's life and helped her come out of her shell. She spoke confidently and clearly and managed to answer questions thrown at her by her class mates.

David put together an amazing bouquet and went above and beyond to provide a truly memorable experience. I am certain that Sophie will remember her very first bouquet of flowers for the rest of her life thanks to David, an extremely professional and kind hearted man.

Even though Sophie is under the weather, she has been beaming with pride. She has carried the little stuffed dog everywhere with her since it arrived.

It definitely pays to support your local florist, thank you so, so much David, this kind of service is priceless.
Product: Simply beautiful!

11-May-2015

All For Love Flowers, Invercargill

Service rating : I'm confused. When selecting flowers off your website, it shows different types of arrangements with certain flowers and colours etc. When I select an arrangement that I want to give, and pay a lot of money for it, I would have thought that the recipient got that particular arrangement/flower combination and colours. (I understand if a flower is not in season and other ones have to be substituted), but in this case, roses and lillies were both available as I've seen them in the florists and shops. Do you pass on to the florist the type of arrangement and flowers that's been selected by the sender from your website, (in this instance, roses and lillies) so they know what to make? The arrangement given had no lillies in it whatsoever, and lots of other types of flowers, which was not in the arrangement I selected. This is not the first time that I have selected a particular arrangement off your website and the recipient has received something different.
Product: The florist was very good at keeping me informed on the questions I had asked about the delivery day and time. I had asked her to make it colourful, which she did.

21-Jun-2017

Special Occasions, Cape Town

I placed an order online for a delivery of flowers for my Dad and stepmum to celebrate Mother's Day and my Dad's birthday which both occurred on 14 May. I only placed the order on Friday and, in the special request box, asked about the possibilities for delivering on Saturday as I thought delivery on Sunday would be out of the question.

Not only did you deliver the flowers on the actual day - the Sunday - it was an exquisite selection of flowers and my folks were delighted.

I really want you to know how very much I appreciate that delivery on that specific day. My Dad is now 85 and not in the best of health and my stepmum is doing a wonderful job of taking care of him. I know that I left it a bit late to be arranging a flower delivery but you came through with flying colours and it means so much to me.

Thank you so, so much! And I look forward to doing business with you many, many more times.

17-Apr-2016

Brambles Floristry, Reading

Service rating : I am unable to comment as I have not received any notification that the delivery has been received by the recipient. Nor by the way , do I expect any, since they were sent as an expression of support to friends who are in the midst of dealing with a diagnosis of terminal cancer, and they will have more important issues to cope with. I have no reason to think that they have not been received.
I can however express my pleasure at the range displayed, and the ease by which one can order from overseas. This is a great find, as I have numerous friends and relatives in the UK, and this will make it easy to make a spur of the moment message/ gift, especially since I have either forgotten or never known their birthdays. I do think it is very gratifying from both sender's and receiver's point of view, to have a spontaneous bouquet just arrive out of the blue.
Product: As above.

23-Nov-2015

Dunboyne Flowers, Dunboyne

Service rating : Hi, I am currently based in China on business so it was important to have a nice surprise of Flowers delivered to my Wife for her birthday. I had asked for an AM delivery and rang first thing on the morning to ensure the delivery had been received online placed the previous Wednesday. I was told it was being prepared and was due to go out shortly. This was approx. 9am. After speaking to my wife at 11am I became concerned that she hadn't received the flowers, I rang the florists back who then told me they had a wedding and it would go out shortly. I had to ask my wife to wait as she was due to leave the house for the afternoon. The surprise was ruined and the flowers eventually arrived at 12.45pm!! This was poor customer service from Dunboyne Florists and made my wife late for her 1pm appointment. This wasn't a great experience for her on her birthday.
Product: The flowers were good quality but the service had let us down and the surprise was ruined.

Hi thanks for the feedback which has been shared with the florist. Apologies your wife was delayed on the day. Thanks for letting us know the flowers were good quality.

13-Dec-2014

Rangiora Florist, Christchurch

Service rating : Thanks for organising the flowers for my sister's birthday.
If I had one comment it would be that I had thought that the flowers I chose would be represented as such in those delivered. It was more the colour as I had specifically chosen the red ones as these are the colours my sister loves, and they would go with the colours in her dining room. In hindsight I should have probably clarified that when I ordered.
As it was they were beautiful flowers and she sent me a photo, and she was very happy with them, despite the primary colour being orange, with purple irises. It. Might be worth advising they may not be the colour represented in the photos, or asking about colour preference. All said and done though, as previously, the service was excellent and I will use you again.
Many thanks, Glenys
Product: Beautiful flowers beautifully presented, thank you.
My sister was very happy with them and sent me a photo of them.
Regards, Glenys

26-Apr-2014

Arcade Florist, Inverness

Service rating : Direct 2 florist website is easy to use but was unhappy with the order. I was able to see the flowers and I was very disheartened to learn that what was delivered was significantly different from what was pictured. The photo showed pink roses and tiger lilies and the description stated the flowers were pink set against greenery. What was delivered were yellow carnations, daisies and Purple flowers. I accept that at times chosen flowers may not be available and may require substitution but to send something which does not reflect the actual selection whatsoever is not an acceptable level of service. I have used this service on a few occasions but this will be the last. This may be an issue with the florist or a miscommunication but as my contract is with direct 2 florist this is on them.
Product: Delivered at requested time of day but I saw the flowers and althougg they were nice enough, they did not correspond with what was ordered.

18-Feb-2014

Noble Park Flowers, Noble Park

Service rating : My friend was very pleased and happy to receive her unexpected gift. When I saw the flowers I was immediately disappointed because I had chosen the bouquet to suit the colour scheme of her home, mauves and white. Where there was some mauve, it was actually drowned out by the yellow lilies and gerberas. I understand same flowers are not always available but I had assumed same colour scheme would apply. So, where everything order wise happened as it should and I was happy from that point of view.....and the flowers were lovely and arrived on time....and my friend was ecstatic at receiving such an unexpected and lovely gift, I was disappointed because the colours were not what I had in mind and I had intentionally taken the time to seek out that combination.
Product: Disappointed, not because the flowers weren't lovely. They were! However, I had intentionally sought out a particular colour scheme, mauve and white, which was drowned out by a large amount of yellow lilies and gerberas (or a gerbera type flower).

22-Jan-2015

Cape Hill Florist , Smethwick

Service rating : Ordered flowers from Amanda's Flowers
+44 (0)121 544 6228 and was emailed by direst2florist to say that the florist had 'rejected me' !!
Perhaps an unfortunate choice of wording? However, direct2florist did pass my order to another florist who fulfilled the order instead which was very welcome and I was pleased that they informed me. Only real reason for not putting excellent was for the 'reject' comment - may really upset some vulnerable people. Also, would be nice to have opportunity to rate the florist who did not fulfill the order as their service seems very poor and I shall not use them or recommend them again. Also, although the flowers sent were very nice I didn't get the actual bouquet that I did order as it was a different florist in the end.
Product: Stepped up to the mark when other florist I had chosen decided not to fulfill my order - very nice flowers but unsure about what was received as their website didn't do the bouquet that I thought I was purchasing. Very fast delivery though so thank you. Will use again.

30-Oct-2015

Cocoa Flower, Chester

Service rating : A florist was found, who was local to my friend's house and the bouquet delivered in the time slot selected and she was delighted with the bouquet received. I have always been pleased with the service and quality of product, which can be obtained via direct2florist. One can specify the reason for sending the flowers and write a personalised message to go on the gift card. The correct payment is always taken. They also excelled in my view, by being able to give the same service to deliver flowers to my aunty in Australia. Hope local florists will keep subscribing to them, as my only concern was that there seem to be none actually in Wrexham county at the moment but florists beyond the boundary still deliver in my immediate area. Thank you.
Product: The recipient was delighted with her bouquet.

04-Nov-2017

Fresh, Manchester

Service rating : Do direct2florist ever fulfill the orders themselves or is their business model to take an order and get a local florist to fulfill order as was the case with my order? This wasn't clear to me when I placed my order online so I feel unable to rate them objectively as I've no idea whether the order that was completed was exactly the same as what was chosen from there site... not from someone else's... I had no choice but to operate on trust rather than on knowledge... I know everything was fine, flowers delivered on time etc but what I thought in terms of who I was placing an order with wasn't what I got so I do feel unable to comment further. There is no rating option to reflect this and I'm not happy about being directed to choose a rating that does not reflect my circumstance.
Product: I do not know who Fresh, Manchester are? Are they the actual suppliers of the flowers I ordered despite my order being placed with direct2florist. I do know the service was prompt but other than that I do feel slightly in the dark about where my order started and where it ended. The recipient of the flowers was happy and they were delivered on time.

09-Apr-2014

Anastasia, London

Service rating : Hello there – we just wanted to say how fabulous the experience of ordering a gift and delivery through direct2florist and Anastasia Flowers has been.

We ordered them from Australia about 10am UK time, requesting same day delivery – and they were!!
Our sister was SO delighted and very impressed with the presentation of the champagne, flowers, and chocolates, and we’re very appreciative of your attention and for making our gift so lovely for her.

We’ll certainly be using your company and again – and will recommend you, Anastasia Flowers, and your suppliers, at every opportunity.
For your reference our Order No: 1190561

With warm regards and again thank you,
Ruth and Tony Cowan
Product: Hello there – we just wanted to say how fabulous the experience of ordering a gift and delivery through direct2florist and Anastasia Flowers has been.

For your reference our Order No: 1190561

With warm regards and again thank you,
Ruth and Tony Cowan

12-Aug-2015

Direct2florist Ireland

Service rating : In selecting a product on your website - I was limited to 2 products. A tulip arrangement around the price I wanted and a more expensive option.
There was a problem with my card and the order was abandoned.
Second time around the option in my price range said a posy of roses (or something like that) I chose that and the order went through.
I received an email saying that Tulips were out of season would I like to chose something else - I didn't however see this until 2 days later (Saturday to Monday)
So instead of my flowers being delivered Saturday which I wanted they were delivered on Monday when I replied to the email. Suggest - ensure only available products are on the website - and communicate by text not email
Product: I don't actually know

09-Mar-2016

Stems Floral Design, London

Service rating : I only had one problem with the website. I inadvertently made a mistake and put in the wrong delivery date- a week LATER than I needed it. When I tried to make changes to the order- there was no easy way to do so. I think it would be helpful to put the email address/phone number with language stating, if you need to alter or cancel an order: please call or email us at... (with language about your cancellation policy of course!) I panicked and placed a second order and also tried to contact the florist with the mistake... It all ended happily as the original order was delivered (a day later than I wanted- but that was MY fault) and a refund was given. After a bit of fretting on my part, it all worked fine. Thank you
Product: The flower arrangement looked exactly like the photograph. If anything, I wish I had an opportunity to individualize it more - but I understand how difficult that might be to offer on a website. All in all I was very happy with the service.

26-Apr-2016

Barons Flowers, London

Service rating : Order was delivered in a timely manner, flowers as per order....
However, the teddy bear sent was pink ... and it was clearly for a boy baby (Name Sebastian on the card)
The online order showed a traditional brown bear. It was a big disappointment to see a photo from my friend with a pink teddy that will simply not be used.
Considering I live on the other side of the world, I am unable to be delivering these myself, so I have to rely on the online service to create my special delivery for me.
Other than the bear, experience with direct2florist was good.
I did try to login online after delivery to make a complaint about the bear and my online username/password was not valid. I gave up in the end
Product: Beautiful flowers, but please take the time to look over the order. It was for a Boy baby, and a pink bear was delivered. If you were unsure, you had my contact details
Online order showed a traditional brown bear... but a white bear with pink clothing was delivered. It was a disappointment

27-Sep-2015

Flowers by Ann (Tralee), Tralee

Service rating : My original order for delivery of some sunflowers was "rejected" by the florist at short notice. The replacement florist who you chose did not deliver sunflowers as I had originally ordered. Your policy says "In the event of your chosen florist being unable to complete your order, we will arrange delivery by alternative florist in the area to the same details, specification and price."
Whilst i'm happy my friend got some flowers on her birthday, I took your promise of same specification to mean more sunflowers would be delivered. This is clearly not the case and your marketing should reflect this hence my disappointment and unlikely follow up using your business. If you provide a direct email I can send you photos of what I had ordered and what arrived to prove my point.
Product: See above.

Kevin

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to see the wrong item was received. Please could you email us over a picture of the flowers received and we can look into this further for you? Our email address is webteam@direct2florist.com

Regards

31-Oct-2015

A Clucas, Douglas

Service rating : I would've given an excellent rating if I hadn't had a few small issues with the website. I understood that delivery to peel would incur an extra charge of 6.95 however it was up to me to select this as an option which I didn't realise, I had to pay separately over the phone. There was an option to deliver to Peel in the am, in fact delivery to Peel is only in the pm. Without realising I selected a summer flower bouquet which wasn't available, not sure why this option is available to select at this time of year however an excellent substitute was provided. Despite the very minor issues I am very happy with the customer service over the phone and everything was solved very quickly.
Product: Flowers were beautiful and the colours were lovely.

21-Nov-2015

Allium, Moreton-in-Marsh

Service rating : I placed 2 separate orders for flowers. Though the flowers I requested on each order were the same, they were for different recipients and this was clearly stated on each order. On each order I requested a message, addressed personally to each recipient.
I received a call from direct2florist querying the order because it was thought I had placed 2 identical orders. I explained that they were not identical and were for 2 different people. I also re-stated both recipients' names.
When one of the recipients received her flowers, the message on the card was incorrect (it was the message intended for the other person).
Given that I stated on the order the reason for sending the flowers was due to a bereavement, I found this lack of attention to detail both poor and insensitive.
Product: The recipients were both very pleased with the quality of their flowers but as explained in my comments above, the message on one of the cards was incorrect (the name was wrong). Given the reason for the flowers was a bereavement, I found this disappointing and embarrassing.

Mrs Smith

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to see that there was an issue with the card messages received on the items and we have passed this feedback onto the florist who made your delivery so they can look into this for you.

With Sincere apologies

28-Apr-2017

Direct2florist UK

Service rating : I ordered flowers to be delivered on Monday morning. i spoke to the recipient on Monday,and again on Tuesday, and she did not mention the flowers (which were meant to be a surprise). I called Direct2florist to check the flowers had been delivered and was told someone would check and call me back (no-one did). I emailed and rang again (to be told someone would call me back). No reply. On Wednesday evening the recipient thanked me for the flowers so they had been delivered, but presumably 2 days late. It would be good to get a text or email confirmation to say when delivery had taken place, as it is difficult to ask the intended recipient. In this instance it didn't really matter that the flowers were not delivered when requested,but in many cases it would matter.
Product: Because the flowers were a gift I did not see them.

Mrs Walsh

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to see that you were disappointed with the flowers received. I have checked the system and can confirm that the flowers were delivered on the requested date which was 24th April.

Kind Regards

Direct2Florist
22-Apr-2016

Beenleigh Florist, Beenleigh

Service rating : I wish to thank you for the gorgeous bouquet delivered to the G* in Ormeau. It is always a risk to send flowers across the world, I gave up years ago on Interflora due to the substandard flowers which were received, I think they thought hat I would never see the flowers and sent a cheap bunch! I try to call a local florist these days but Australia from the UK was just a bit too much! I relied on the reviews (I am usually cynical!) and was not disappointed.
The website was easy to navigate and secure as paid via paypal.
The flowers were fabulous and all the more appreciated because they were for keen gardeners. I would happily recommend to anyone and everyone.
Product: Absolutely gorgeous bouquet received on time as promised. It is always a risk to send flowers across the world, I gave up years ago on Interflora due to the substandard flowers which were received, I think they thought that I would never see the flowers and sent a cheap bunch! I try to call a local florist these days but Australia from the UK was just a bit too much! I relied on the reviews (I am usually cynical!) and was not disappointed.
The flowers were fabulous and all the more appreciated because they were for keen gardeners. I would happily recommend to anyone and everyone, Deal with confidence, I will use again. Thank you

12-Feb-2016

Dawnacres Florist, Hastings

I was dissapointed to see the photo that my friend sent me. Firstly I didn't feel like the bunch was a $100 bunch of flowers. It appeared to be the same size as the small bunch that was advertised on the site when I had paid for an extra large bunch for $100. The initial bunch contained 6 big beautiful pink roses and yet the florist chose tiny pink roses no bigger than the size of your thumb. The initial photo had greenery that involved some long spiky reeds and some other greenery that is very beautiful. I understand that not always the same flowers are available but I just don't think it looked like a $100 bunch of flowers and it didn't look better and more flowers than the photo provided which is what would you assume if you pay extra to have the extra large bunch rather than the standard. Thank you

Renee

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to see you were disappointed with the flowers received and would like to look into this for you. Is it possible to send us over a picture of the flowers received?

Kind Regards