Clifford James Reviews

Consumer ratings of Clifford James

Feedback for www.clifford-james.co.uk has been compiled from 65339 Customer Reviews

• 22/05/2008
  • Clifford James sells mens and womens shoes and clothing, and has a database of over 600,000 loyal customers. Although, the business has become one of the largest suppliers of shoes in the UK, we have never lost sight of what has taken us here, namely quality and value for money.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.clifford-james.co.uk

Quilted Jacket - Black

Service rating : As usual unbeatable value and service. The fact that the courier messed up on the delivery instructions was even handled in a superbly efficient manner - with immediate contact to the customer to ask if I had returned the item and why. This alerted me at the earliest opportunity to the fact that the courier had obviously ignored my instructions to deliver Mon-Fri only and returned my order to the supplier. Even with all this delay the item still arrived inside a very reasonable timeframe for mail order.
Product: Very good quality. I am very pleased, as always, with the value for money with this product.

Men's Cotton Chinos

Service rating : delivery was good and also the packaging.
Product: Product was good for the price.

Alaska Boots for Men

Service rating : great service
Product: good garden boots

Cotton Casual Trousers

• Pleated Chino Shorts
  • Short Sleeve Tattersall Shirt

Service rating : excellent delivery and quality of goods.
Product: good value for money

Men's Lightweight Deck Shoe

• Jumbo Cord Trousers - Wine
  • Gentle Grip Socks - 6 Pack

Very disappointed in web service.

Cotton Casual Trousers

• Chocolate Cotton Jeans

Service rating : Paid extra for 24 hour delivery and placed order on a Sunday so did not expect items which were in stock until Tuesday however items did not arrive until the Thursday. Definately not what I expected or paid for.
Product: Exactly what I was looking for. Good quality and fit.

Armchair Booster Cushions

I have bought goods from Clifford James several times and have always received a good service.

Ladies Cara Shoe

• Cooks Professional Plate Warmer
  • Ladies Mady Shoe

Service rating : Good website, easy ordering, product description excellent, quick delivery. What more can I say. Very happy.
Product: Exactly as description, comfortable, quality product, nice colours and good fit.

Men's Cotton Chinos

Service rating : Prompt delivery. Arrived when stated.
Product: High quality product.

Deluxe Flying Eagle Lace Up Shoe

Service rating : Ordering & purchase of shoes very good.
Product: Very happy with my shoes.

Travel Safe Compression Socks

• Ladies Canvas Casual Shoes

delivery was quite quick

Supermocs Men's Slippers

Service rating : Slippers came quickly as planned, but product of poor standard. See following comment.
Product: The stitching on the slippers has come loose after only a few days, so I shall be returning them after the bank holiday.

Tweed Jacket - Ascot

• Moleskin Jacket - Tan

Service rating : When I ordered on the website on 5 April it showed lots of stock availability for the tweed jacket, I also ordered the moleskin jacket. I received an order confirmation on the 5th. On 9 April I received an email that both jackets had been shipped. On 11 April I received an email giving me a refund for the tweed jacket as you were unable to supply. If both items had been shipped two days earlier how is this possible.
Product: Not received due to bad systems

Expanding Waist Summer Trousers

Very fast delivery

Mens Casual Shoes

Service rating : very quick delivery
Product: i bought 2 pairs and very comfortable

Tweed Jacket - Ascot

• Expanding Waist Summer Trousers

Service rating : Dissapointed as they seny me an invoice stating full ordet had been dispatched only to recieve another mail telling me the jacket was not available. As this was the main reason for the order perhaps you can understand the dissapointment especially when there were possible alternatives available.
Product: I did not get as unavailable yet still available on their sale page online

• Magnetic Tool Holder

Service rating : Shoes not the size stamped on shoes.. Replacement shoes were one shoe 71/2 and one size 8. Eventually third pairs were acceptable. Lots of aggravation and running around returning these items. When this type of error occurs it should be automatic collection and replacement.
Product: Did not like them, personal opinion but the quality was ok.

Cavalry Twill Expanding Waist Trousers

• Mealworm Bird Food Tub
  • No Mess Seed Mix Bird Feed

Service rating : on line responses poor
Product: rather thin material for cavalry twill.

Suede Slip Ons

Service rating : My order arrived very promtly I was pleased by receiving my order within the agreed time slot.
Product: I was very pleased with my Suede Slip Ons they are very comfortable more like a slipper nothing to tie Iam going to buy more of them,friends and family have been asking were I bought them from.Very reasonable price also I was glad that I managed to get the size to fit me.

Justin Sandal

Service rating : Very swift delivery.
Product: Light comfortable but good protection.

Pleated Chino Shorts

Service rating : Excellent service and delivery time,
Product: Had the size I needed and products were well packed and top notch fabrics, overall.

Storage Chests

Service rating : Next day delivery was not met through fault of carrier
Product: Ideal for storing pots for garden

Classic Jumper - V-Neck - Wine

• Short Sleeve Tattersall Shirt

Prompt service

Comfort Slipper Twin Pack

Service rating : A++++++++++++
Product: not as comfortable as i thought they would be, but ok

XL Zero Gravity Chairs

Paid extra for express delivery as it was for a special birthday and when it didn't arrive on the day requested and needed, I telephoned the office only to e informed the roduct was too large for express delivery. I wish I had known the firm was only 20 miles from me as I would have preferred to pick it up rather than it being late but then again I thought the company would have noticed and offered this. There was no problem with the return of the extra paid but not good enough I am afraid!