Jewellery Maker Reviews

Consumer ratings of Jewellery Maker

Feedback for www.jewellerymaker.com has been compiled from 137989 Customer Reviews

• 26/04/2013
  • Jewellery Maker is the only UK channel devoted to people who make their own jewellery, whether for personal use, gifts or for resale.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.jewellerymaker.com
09-Jul-2014

25cts Faceted Turquoise Rondelles Gold Plated Sterling Silver Chain Approx 3x2mm 1M Chain

• 10m Twisted Antique Bronze and Copper Coloured Copper Wire 0.8mm
  • Gold Flash Copper And E-Coated Twisted Round Jump Rings Approx 7mm,(95pcs)

Service rating : Time Left: 48 mins Approx
LUSCIOUS LAB! INC. 185CTS LABRADORITE GRADUATED PLAIN PEARS & 85CTS LABRADORITE GRADUATED PLAIN ROND...

Time Left: 53 mins Approx
BLACK PLATED COPPER CRIMP BEADS APPROX 4MM (APPROX 200PCS)
£8.95

Time Left: 57 mins Approx
55CTS PEACH MOONSTONE GRADUATED PLAIN RONDELLES APPROX FROM 4X1 TO 6X4MM, 32CM STRAND.
£6.95

ON AIR NOW
100M SILVER PLATED COPPER WIRE 0.8MM
£16.95

Time Left: 42 mins Approx
GOLD PLATED 925 STERLING SILVER EYE PINS 15MM (50PCS)
£4.95

Time Left: 36 mins Approx
110CTS EMERALD GRADUATED FACETED DROPS APPROX FROM 9X6 TO 22X7MM, 18CM STRAND.

Time Left: 31 mins Approx
ANTIQUE BRONZE PLATED TWISTED JUMP RINGS APPROX 7MM (100PCS)
£5.95
VIEW DETAILS

135CTS LEMON QUARTZ GRADUATED FACETED ELONGATED PEARS APPROX FROM 11X6 TO 28X10MM, 19CM STRAND.
VIEW DETAILS

TRAPEZOID FANTASTIC! INC. 3 TRAPEZOID STRANDS (GREEN HOWLITE, DALMATION JASPER & ROSE QUARTZ)
£12.00
VIEW DETAILS

DREAM LIKE CUBES! INC. 320CTS GREEN AVENTURINE, 330CTS PYRITE & 190CTS BLACK AGATE CUBES
VIEW DETAILS

45CTS AMETHYST GRADUATED FACETED RICE BEADS FROM APPROX 9X4 TO 12X8MM, 16CM STRAND.
£27.95

440CTS FOSSIL JASPER PUFFY SQUARES APPROX 20MM

MACRAME BOARD 14X10"

DESIGNER INSPIRATION WITH ALISON TARRY; VINTAGE GARDEN
£17.95
VIEW DETAILS

BEADING PERFECTION! INC. 4 PLAIN ROUND STRANDS (3MM) & INTRODUCTION TO BEADLOOMING DVD
VIEW DETAILS

MACRAME PERFECTION! INC. S-LON TRIO (ORCHID, MAUVE & BRIGHT CORAL) & ANTIQUE BRONZE FINDINGS
VIEW DETAILS

BEAUTIFUL COLOURFUL ROUNDS! INC. 250CTS DARK BLUE, AQUA GREEN, YELLOW & POMEGRANATE
VIEW DETAILS

PRETTY SUMMER SKIES! INC. LIGHT BLUE & LAVENDER NYLON THREADING CORD, 10M TURQUOISE WIRE (0.6) (& MO...
VIEW DETAILS

95CTS CHRYSOPRASE GRADUATED FACETED CUSHIONS APPROX FROM 9X8 TO 14X10MM, 22CM STRAND.
VIEW DETAILS

80CTS MULTI-COLOUR BERYL GRADUATED FACETED PEARS APPROX FROM 8X6 TO 13X8MM, 16CM STRAND.
£18.95
VIEW DETAILS

50CTS SKY BLUE TOPAZ GRADUATED FACETED MARQUISE APPROX FROM 10X5 TO 16X8MM, 16CM STRAND.
VIEW DETAILS

45CTS CARNELIAN GRADUATED FACETED OVALS APPROX FROM 5X3 TO 9X3MM, 20CM STRAND.
VIEW DETAILS

30CTS CHROME DIOPSIDE GRADUATED FACETED PEARS FROM APPROX 4X2 TO 7X5MM, 15CM STRAND.
£34.95
VIEW DETAILS

210CTS AMETRINE GRADUATED FACETED PEARS APPROX FROM 14X11 TO 28X17MM, 12CM STRAND.
£27.95

ARAGONITE DUO! INC. 350CTS BLUE PUFFY SQUARES & 220CTS PEACH OVALS
£10.95
VIEW DETAILS

BEAUTIFUL GREEN & BLUE! INC. GREEN & BLUE QUARTZ CABOCHON, GREEN QUARTZ & BLUE QUARTZ ROUNDS
£19.90

DESIGNER INSPIRATION WITH ALISON TARRY; SOMERSET SUNSET
VIEW DETAILS

ON PLANET SATIN! 8X SATIN CORD INC. LIGHT GREEN, RED, YELLOW, SKY BLUE & LOADS MORE!
VIEW DETAILS

MACRAME ROUNDS! IN. LIGHT CORAL PEARL, POMEGRANATE QUARTZITE (AND MUCH MORE)
VIEW DETAILS

MERRY MACRAME! INC. 10M RED & DARK GREEN WAX CORD, RED & GREEN SHELL PEARL & ORGANZA BAG

100CTS JADEITE PLAIN ROUNDS APPROX 6MM
VIEW DETAILS

65CTS MULTI-COLOUR SAPPHIRE GRADUATED ROUGH NUGGETS APPROX 4X1 TO 8X5MM, 17CM STRAND.
£7.95
VIEW DETAILS

45CTS BLUE OPAL GRADUATED FACETED RONDELLES APPROX FROM 3X1 TO 7X3MM, 18CM STRAND.
£11.95

320CTS POPPY JASPER CARVED MONKEY BEADS APPROX 25X22MM
VIEW DETAILS

23 PIECES OF SILVER FINISH COPPER BEADS IN VARYING STYLES CLEARANCE!
£11.50
VIEW DETAILS

OCEAN WAVES JEWELLERY KIT. INC, SILVER PLATED COPPER ESSENTIAL FINDING KIT, APPROX 115 PCS.
£24.95
VIEW DETAILS

110CTS CARNELIAN GRADUATED FACETED FLAT DROPS APPROX 6X5 TO 10X9MM, 25CM STRAND.

SUMMER SUNSET. 6 STRAND NUGGET PACK. LIMITED STOCK
£18.00

COLOUR BLOCKING! INC, PURPLE AND BLUE DYED GRADUATED QUARTZ
VIEW DETAILS

15CTS BLUE SAPPHIRE GRADUATED FACETED RONDELLES APPROX FROM 2X1 TO 4X2MM, 18CM STRAND.
VIEW DETAILS

25CTS TANZANITE GRADUATED PLAIN ROUNDS APPROX FROM 3 TO 6MM, 16CM STRAND.
£41.95

SHOCKING PINK CULTURED POTATO PEARLS APPROX 10X9MM

G S HYPO CEMENT GLUE 9ML
VIEW DETAILS

CHUNKY CHIPS JEWELLERY KIT INC; SILVER FLASH COPPER ROSEARY BEAD CHAIN APPROX 6MM,LENGTH 52CM.
VIEW DETAILS

40CTS EMERALD GRADUATED FACETED RONDELLES APPROX FROM 2X1 TO 4X3MM, 30CM STRAND.

320CTS LEMON QUARTZ FACETED SLABS APPROX 24X19 TO 30X20MM
VIEW DETAILS

THE MULTI-COLOUR BRAIDED LEATHERETTE SELECTION. INC, 3M CORD AND 15X MAGNETIC CLASPS
£17.85

GORGEOUS GARNET TRIO
TO
OUT
VIEW DETAILS
Product: Rondelles were smaller ,but quality of gems and appearance are very pretty.

27-Sep-2013

Love at First Sight Jewellery Kit Inc; Approx. 98 Pieces of Silver Plated Copper Findings

• 75cts Pink Amethyst Graduated Faceted Rice Beads Approx From 12x6 to 21x9mm, 18cm Strand.
  • 20 Pots of Silver Finish Copper Findings Approx 100 Pcs

Service rating : Always something interesting not least the presenters' range of knowledge, and although I find them all very likeable as well as informative I sometimes wish they'd keep their excitement levels in check: it can come across as very phoney and 'hard sell' in style and sometimes rather puts me off instead of encouraging me to buy; let the items and prices sell themselves. Raving about virtually every piece and being amazed at every price begins to feel overdone and doesn't work anymore when a truly astonishing item or price is on offer. On the other hand the production standards have improved dramatically since the early days when the presenter could be trying to show a piece that was hidden by the on-screen info, or there were too many long shots without enough close-ups to allow viewers to judge the item. Now that the production is better my main gripe is the website. Apart from not having as large a range of silver (not silver plate) as I'd like - okay though because I can get elsewhere - the real issue is in moving around the site. Until you get used to where to look it is not obvious where the day's shows items are to be found, and it's not clear how to get to your saved items other than on the 'Basket' page: can it even be done another way? If so, I've not found it. But my really big gripe is that when you have items either saved or in your basket you can't just click on either the picture or the item code to go back to check its details. You have to type the item code into the search box. Not only is it easy to make mistakes but this makes the site seem amateurish as well as being very irritating. Final moan: please could you stop selling findings such as bead caps, etc., in uneven numbers such as 5 when surely most people will want to use them in even numbers on whatever they make, especially in pairs of earrings. I'm sure someone somewhere thinks this will encourage customers to buy two sets, and maybe that's true of some, but the effect on me is to make my not buy any at all. If they had been sold in, say, packs of six I would have bought several of them by now. As it is, I use another supplier where I can specify the number I want. On the positive side again I always enjoy hearing about gemological matters and descriptions of Steve's gem hunting, and the mini encyclopaedia sent put with each purchase makes fascinating reading, though I often want to have a red marker on hand to correct - small - errors. Again, like the website problems, sending out printed material that hasn't been properly proof read or edited for occasional lapses of grammar, etc., can give a slightly amateurish feel, at least to those of us who notice such things (those I admit most customers won't). All these moans notwithstanding I generally enjoy the tv shows to the point of having to ration my watching. It's just too easy to get carried away and want to order everything!
Product: Good quality stones in colours that can work well together, particularly in picking out the colours on the printed shell beads. It was theses beads that surprised me. I really only ordered the kit to get the findings and the other beads, intending to chuck the printed set, or give them to my little granddaughter to learn beading on. But I was astonished at how good the print was and at the weighty, substantial feel of them. They're actually the stars of the set! My only niggle - and it's a small one - is that too few kits come with silver findings. I don't mind using plated ones on some more 'fashion' pieces but I prefer to use all-silver on those made with higher gemstones, though I realise this is probably not true of most customers, and I do appreciate that using plated findings keeps the cost to customers down.

25-Jun-2016

320cts 2 Tone Lapis Lazuli Plain Rounds Approx 10mm

• 250cts Aventurine Medium Nuggets Approx From 6x4mm to 12x7mm
  • 240cts Iolite Small Nuggets From Approx 5x2 to 9x5mm

Service rating : I am happy with the service I have received by JM and I enjoy watching JM online. It is good that there are a variety of presenters with different presenting styles. Some customers may dislike certain presenters and that is fine, “each to their own” etc, but they should not be permitted to PERSONALLY attack presenters they don't like through their feedback in order to try and bully specific presenters, or try to manipulate the company into trying to “get rid” of certain personalities just because they don't like their particular style. All customers are different and so it is only right that presenter styles should be different so that they appeal to different types of customer. So well done to JM for having a “variety” of presenter styles. I think the JM channel is great at what it does – ie selling jewellery making supplies. I am an all-round-crafter not just a jewellery maker, but think the channel should stick to what it does best and not start doing a “create and craft” style show. There are enough places selling other craft materials online and on the retail parks. JM does have a niche market with lots of faithful jewellery making customers and it needs to make sure it retains its main customers who are there for jewellery making. However, if it is inevitable that other crafts have to be incorporated into JM then I would caution that you bring in specialist craft presenters and designers so that your viewing audience can build up a professional relationship from scratch with an additional set of presenters and designers specific to the craft. This would allow you to go forward with maximum credibility and although some of your loyal audience may resent crafting such as dressmaking/sewing being part of JM you could justify it if you had specialists on your show. I personally do not want to see JM become another “craft” show/supplier because it has already established a positive global reputation which is associated with the Jewellery Quarter of the West Midlands and this is a great promotional asset anyway. My opinion – stick to what you are best at and what the viewers of JM value.
Product: These are absolutely gorgeous. Great quality. I love them.

04-Oct-2013

Nugget Presentation Box. Inc, 1500cts Multi-Colour Nuggets Approx From 3x2 to 5x3mm.(20 pots)

Service rating : I feel that "fair" would be a better description of the service rather than "good", but I have rated it "good" because it hasn't quite reached "poor" yet, although it is definitely heading that way. I have been buying from this company almost since it began, when it was absolutely fantastic both for quality and value.. Over the years I must have spent thousands of pounds buying items from it and have introduced many other jewellery makers to it. However, I have now stopped recommending it because I am becoming extremely disenchanted with both the quality of the service from some telephone operators and the deterioration in the quality and value of some of the products. On several occasions recently I have tried to order items over the telephone and been told that they are out of stock, only to check the website to find that they are still available. This is proved If I telephone again minutes later and am able to purchase the item from a different operator. I tend not to order items from the live shows and I tend to order at less busy times to avoid telephone queues. so it isn't a case of frantically busy operators. There are still good and helpful operators there but perhaps I'm just unlucky with the ones I get. I find the quality and value of many of the stones seems to have deteriorated also. We keep being told what wonderful value the power of Jewellery Maker has with gemstone suppliers and initially this seemed to be the case. However I am constantly being told by my contacts that the same items are available much more cheaply on other websites, and have found this myself. Most of my purchases now from this website are for the reduced items as I don't find many of the regular items worth the money. Also I do wish the presenters would stop inflating High Street prices to pretend that what they are selling is good value for money. I'm pretty sure my High Street is similar to most others outside London and I very seldom see items being sold at the inflated prices quoted.
Product: I wish there was a "fair" category to rate items. This one is reasonable but isn't really good as it is let down by the size of the box which is too small for any other use. I appreciate one can use it for some findings when on the go but as I like to keep all necessary findings in one box, most of the little pots are too small for items such as eyepins and even some earring connectors. The choice of gemstones was reasonable though.

04-Oct-2015

2.45ct 9mm Madeira Citrine

• 38cts Peridot Faceted Rounds Approx 3mm, 31cm Strand.
  • 4cts Hessonite Garnet Oval Cabochon 12x10mm.

I have been watching Jewellery Maker since the start, and buying from them soon afterwards. As such I never thought I’d be writing this review.
Firstly, the morning show has become unwatchable. The show has become dull and boring, there is no fun and frivolity it simply feels like a high pressure sales channel. The reason I and many others watched the show for so long was the entertainment value, but with the new presenters there no longer any entertainment to the show, or there is so little that it makes no difference. On top of this the current main presenter is extremely disingenuous, just a few examples of this are – stating dyed stones to be completely natural, claiming JM sterling silver wire prices to be some of the best on the market when they are almost three times more expensive than the three best known suppliers, telling viewers that filling does not effect the value of Ruby, making direct comparisons between the value/worth of Emeralds in Boodles and the low grade opaque Emeralds offered by JM. I bought a £17.95 bundle because she said the Beryl in it was worth this value on its own, but when I typed the code in I found it was selling for £5.95.
The show has ultimately lost the wonderful heart and soul it once had.

Also, the quality of the gemstones has plummeted in the last few months. I have returned a number of items because the stones arrived having been broken and stuck back together. Until a few months ago I had only had this problem once in 5 years, yet in the last few months I have had this problem at least 6 times. I recently received a strand of Marialite in which more than half the stones have had this done. It has also become normal for strands to arrive with broken stones in them, even very expensive strands such as a strand of £90 Chrome Diopside I bought. Because of this I feel that I can no longer trust JM and I am buying very little from them and seeking new suppliers.

23-Sep-2016

3m Silver Plated Brass Double Cable Chain 3.5mm

Service rating : Excellent products and excellent customer service and excellent presenters and guest designers, I watch every single day...All good except for the Magazine.
I was so disappointed as the projects were so poorly communicated. I am used to instructions like in Art Jewellery or Making Jewellery or Metal Clay techniques by Sue Heaser. Instructions and more importantly photos need to be very clear from start to end. They explain and show photos so well. The magazine was too difficult to follow. Finally it seems that the Magazine was more of a catalogue selling kits and products. If it had a DVD to support the projects then it may have been easier to understand...but the teaching format on paper needs to be to clearer standard that is currently available in established jewellery magazines and jewellery books. The writing in the magazine was so small and the colours of the fonts and background colours was difficult to focus on when trying to read.
I hope the next Magazine will be much better. I would have liked to see some metal clay projects too. I have written step by step instructions for some of my metal clay projects and I have written many step by step instructions for work related issues to make it easy for others to understand.
Some people should have looked objectively at the Magazine and more comparison with other magazines would have been helpful.
I hope my feedback is useful and if you look at the older Art Jewelry Magazine from USA available in some WHSmith and most Hobby Craft stores it shows much clearer instructions.
I want JM Magazine to be as good and even better to match the quality of JM products and DVD's that are clearly excellent without any doubt.
Product: Excellent. I love this double chain. Much better feel than single chain.
Very pleaes with the quality and price. Now I want the Gold and Rose!

23-Jan-2017

Pretty As A Peacock Collection Inc Peacock Freshwater Cultured Pearls & 180cts Lapis Lazuli Rounds

• Beadsmith Beading Needles Size 12 (4pcs)
  • Tres Chic Collection Inc Champagne Freshwater Cultured Pearls & White Opal Swarovski Bicones

Service rating : I've seen a few reviews of people complaining about the addition of Swarovski, seed beads, sterling silver pieces that are almost finished and other items since the company change over last year. I have made jewellery for 20 years and am a massive advocate for genuine gemstones but the fact that the company is evolving and adding additional products to appeal to a wider audience of jewellery makers can only be a good thing. When you are selling handmade Jewellery the more you can diversify and yourself attract a larger market the more successful you are likely to be, instead of being set in your ways with only one specific product or medium. So well done JM for widening your product catalogue, it makes it more interesting for us the jewellery makers and for any potential customers we may have and also widens our knowledge base.
I have always been impressed with the products I have purchased, I can guarantee that what I am buying is the genuine article, which regularly isn't the case elsewhere and I speak from bitter experience. I therefore I rarely purchase elsewhere unless it is an item JM do not stock as it tends to be a false economy. I love the demos and inspiration from the guest designers which can be a great help when you have a creative block and all the information we learn from the presenters is priceless, and the laughs along the way make my day. I have also noticed people complaining about the hard sell tactics from the presenters." what do they think they are there for!!' It's their job!!! If they didn't try to sell the products they wouldn't be doing their job! Well done JM please make sure that the website is always well stocked with the essentials.
Product: Fantastic value for money yet again

22-Jul-2017

White Shell Puffy Coin Cabochon Approx 40mm

• 925 Sterling Silver Curved Bar Bracelet Connector Approx 30mm 1 Pcs
  • White Shell Puffy Heart Cabochon Approx 40mm

Service rating : I have out good instead of excellent because I think JM are changing too much regarding base metals. Findings were always silver/gold/rose gold plated copper. Now it is mainly brass and prices seem to be higher as well. I will not buy anything with brass. Maybe this is a ploy to get its customers to just buy solid silver? Sorry JM that will not work for me. I do buy some 925 but only for the few things I sell on. Also too many seed beads and their related demos. Please, a bit less gem info on certain items. Sometimes as the gem info goes on and on, and stocks are lowering before most of your loyal customers know the supposed FABULOUS, UNBELIEVABLE price! This is so frustrating if you are really interested I the item, but only have a certain lower budget. You get all excited about supposedly getting the best ever low price only to be bitterly disappointed by the much higher than anticipated cost! JM you are not as customer oriented as you used to be, and getting greedy. Also too many new guest designers covering what is already covered by others. Some presenters are so false now regarding the expressions of great shock and horror when prices are much lower than they expected, what a joke, anyone watching the show for a while remembers prices previously paidvand we cannot have the wool pulled over our eyes. We are not stupid! Lastly, gem strands seem to getting shorter but prices rising. Such a shame JM. You appear to be dumbing down, you will start to loose loyal customers like myself. Have started buying a lot of plated brass findings elsewhere now, sorry to say. I am rather disappointed you don't seem to care much anymore about us.
Product: Good value

10-Sep-2013

Fashion Credentials Jewellery Kit Inc: Approx. 100 Pieces of Antique Bronze Copper Findings

• Begin Your Jewellery Making Journey...
  • Antique Bronze Copper Toggle Clasps (100pcs)

I order most of my supplies from you online and find it annoying that many of the pictures of kits do not contain details of what is contained in the kit with regard to sizes and what stones are included. You used to do this which was extremely helpful for those of us who cannot always watch the shows. I know that such details are given when viewing individual strands of beads online, but kits are usually shown with a picture of a number of beads with no information on what they are. A lot of them look very similar in photographs.
Perhaps this information is given on Facebook, Twitter etc. but most people of my generation (70+) actively avoid these websites like the plague.
I run a Jewellery making group for pensioners, and this is a common
complaint among the members, most of whom have been recommended to buy their supplies from you by me.
Most of your telephone operators are excellent and very helpful but there is the odd one, who refuses to check if something is in stock if I have perhaps taken down the wrong code, even if I give details of what the item is that I want. In such cases I don't phone during the live shows as I appreciate that the volume of calls is greater at those times, and they will be too busy to deal with queries. Some just don't want to know. Not very satisfactory!!
Otherwise, I love Jeweller Maker, and I'm really enjoying my interesting hobby. I'm watching more shows at the moment since the singing presenters are temporarily absent. What a pity they'll be back soon and I'll be back to online only..

02-Jun-2017

Mega CLEARANCE Gemstone Bundle Inc 11 Strands

• 100 Pairs of Antique Bronze Earring Posts & Butterfly Backs 13mm with a 3mm Ball & 5x3mm Back
  • Brown Shell Flat Coins Approx 29mm

Service rating : Still loving jewellery maker after 5 years of viewing and understand and appreciate the changes that have been made and the new products which are now available. I have only ever had 2 problems with orders in all that time and have only ever had to speak to customer services once and they were very civil, I still judge jewellery maker as an excellent place to purchase jewellery making items, I know I will always receive genuine items and not items pretending to be something they are not. But there are 2 products I do recently have an issue with. The introduction of cubic zirconia seeing as the channel has been telling us for years that it was given it's name to con people into believing that they were buying a gemstone and how awful it is. The second is the plated base metal findings which keep being put in the kits I.e headpins, bolt rings, and jump rings. The metal is stronger than the copper but I can barely open the jump rings with 2 pliers and I don't have issues with my hands, the headpins are almost impossible to make a wrapped loop with because they are so strong and out of 2 packs of bolt ring clasps I only found 1 with a working mechanism. I am all for trying new things and have still ordered some of the new base metal beads etc to see how they are but in comparison to the plated copper findings which are outstanding quality, these are absolutely awful and a waste of money. I really wish JM would do more copper based findings packs again.
Product: Absolutely amazing value for money, so happy thankyou jm

15-Nov-2018

Mark's Merry Nuggets Inc BRAND NEW 90cts Morganite Drilled Nuggets & More

• 9.2m Beadalon 19 Strand Purple Stainless Steel Bead Stringing Wire 0.38 mm
  • SuperDuo Magic Red Brown Beads Approx 2.5x5mm (22GM/TB)

Service rating : Great first class service, my family have been with JM since day 1, now I’m 3rd generation, presenters are extremely knowledgeable and interact with you making you feel like you have a friend in the room with you, that’s what my mum has always said about JM, it’s true, they’ve helped my mum a great deal, also GD’s are so friendly and demo’s are easy to follow and the savings are amazing, I’m glad mum got me hooked onto JM it’s factual, funny, interactive, very interesting and Carol, well she cheers me up to no end, Zena & Mark are a fab team, I can send messages, questions etc to the live show and they are answered, Colin the big boss comes on air too, the whole team get involved and make u feel so welcome and part of their family. I prefer JM to regular tv, u have a better laugh and as I said everybody has helped my mum, who suffers with severe back pain, they’ve made her laugh, made her want to get up in the morning and socialise, without JM she would be lost, JM and whole team have helped give mum her mojo back and that’s priceless. Even customer services are amazing, they go above and beyond to help and advise. 5* service for all at JM the whole crew from MD Colin, GD’s, Presenters, Camera crew, customer services and everyone in between, you all deserve an Oscar for putting every show together day in day out we really appreciate you all. Thank you x
Product: Fantastic kit as always, Always but Marks kits, his demo’s get ur creativity going, lovely kit, excellent value for money as always from JM

01-May-2018

170cts Mocha Moonstone Graduated Plain Pears Approx 12x9 to 22x11mm, 20cm Strand.

Service rating : Overall its a good company. I enjoy the show. The inspiration and tutorials as well as learning a bit about different techniques and gemstones. However quite a lot of the time the strands of gemstones look nowhere near as spectacular as the ones on tv. The presenters must have incredibly small hands as some strands are miniscule when they arrive. I also find that quite a lot of strands are of poor quality especially when it comes to labradorite. I am yet to receive labradorite drops that arent ridiculously cracked and scratched. Most of them have questionable drill holes which look like they are about to crumble. This was also the case with a strand of crysocolla i ordered. The drill holes are wonky and look very fragile. This i find particularly frustrating when its a more expensive strand. I can understand poorer quality on a strand of £3-5, but with a strand that costs £20 and up especually large drops i expect every one of those drops to be of decent quality. On most of the gemstone strands the drill holes are soo incredibly tiny you can only use beading thread in them. Ive used some of the smaller wire but this isnt sturdy enough and snapped after a couple of months. It would be nice if we could have bigger drill holes as currently the majority of decent drill holes seem to be in quartz rounds. Though some of the stands arent great i have received some nice strands fantastic bundles of wire and 925 items.
Product: Meh.... so first off the order was cancelled again due to paypal issues... this seems to be a more frequent thing... i was told a fair few days after i had placed the order. When i phoned up about it the lady was very helpful. Unfortunately we had to cancel the order and wait for the stock to reallocate which was fine. Though when i received the strand i cant say that i was over the moon. I had a strand which had clearly been passed from customer to customer. In a filthy packet which has clearly been opened several time. No gems of distinction insert you get with the usual strands. Again another example of the strand looking nowhere near as beautiful as on screen. Ive clearly received a customer return and you can see why. Obviously the biggest drop on the strand would be the one to have the crack down the middle. Given the strand was a £30 strand that was supposedly on offer being on the show i would have expected them to have at least repackaged the strand..

31-May-2016

15cts Sodalite Faceted Rounds Approx 3mm

• 180cts Carnelian Drums Approx 10x8mm
  • 170cts Pink Colour Dyed Quartz Faceted Barrels Approx 11x7mm, 37cm Strand.

V impressed with efficiency of system and with time from order to receipt of delivery. V impressed with way products despatched - arrived well packed and no damage or missing items. Only disappointment was the fact that am a new customer,introduced by a friend who is a regular and v good customer to Jewellery Maker, who had a discount offer for introducing me that both she n I were to benefit from. She received this at the beg of the week that I then submitted quite a big new order,. However, order wouldn't accept offer code and Imhad to phone up. i was then told by staff that offer had expired. Why send it out if it not going to apply within a matter of days?!! In addition it was disappointing that when phoning (2x!) altho first staff member tried to do something about this I had to phone back, n second person was very matter of fact about it not being on. Both said the offer would probably b reintroduced altho they didn't know when - but if I had already placed an order then it would no longer apply as I would not then b new and both my friend and I would lose out ☹ When I said I might have to consider whether to join now the ans was that It was up to me!! So, new customer, introduced by good customer of yours, and no incentive for either of us �� Then to "add salt" u sent me an email asking if I enjoyed my freebie?! What freebie - I didn't get one�� But apart from this.......

18-Nov-2014

95cts Labradorite Graduated Plain Rondelles Approx From 6x2 to 8x4mm, 17cm Strand.

• 220cts Fancy Jasper Puffy Squares Approx 12x12mm

Service rating : By and large Jewellery Maker is a good company with ethical standards. The TV shows are excellent especially the designer demonstrations. Customer services are also good.
However, I am concerned about the consistency of gemstones on offer. The strand of Labradorite at £14.95, a strand of distinction, had in my opinion some AAA quality stones, some AA quality stones, some A quality stones and some stones that were chipped and therefore unusable. Also, your pearls for many years were brilliant but in August/ September this year I received from you 3 strands that were poorly dyed and dyed after being strung and so I returned them. It is difficult to know what you are going to be getting exactly these days with Jewellery Maker. Wouldn't it be better to do as many other gemstone companies do and grade your gemstones AAA, AA, A or no grading at all so that the customer knows what they are going to get exactly because I'm sure most customers don't want to order 3 strands in the hope of getting one good one and having to send the rest back. I have bought with Jewellery Maker from it's beginning and these problems did not exist at the start but have found these problems more recently. I do hope Jewellery Maker can resolve these issues as I know from fellow beaders that it affects our spending with you.
Product: Many were AAA, AA and A grade quality with good schiller however, some were chipped and therefore unusable. It was fortuitous that I didn't need a whole strand for my necklace project. Having said that if the stones had not been chipped I would have been able to make a bracelet too.

24-Sep-2013

Rachel Norris Wirework Masterclass; Edition 1 The Beauty of Nature

• Cream Shell Butterfly Beads Approx 13x12mm to 15x14mm

Excellent company. Most shows are both very entertaining as well as informative and inspirational. For example today's day show with Vicki and Mark was an absolute riot. I loved it and its like having the presenters, guest designers and crew in your front room with you. That's the appeal for me, the funnier the better and, for the most part, are more than welcome in my home. Sadly for me personally there is one presenter i find can be quite condescending at times, on occasions will talk over the designers when they are demonstrating (which i find incredibly rude) and can do the little diva act when she wants. She tends to rabbit on for what feels an age about everything but what she's selling. I do love the chatty, friendly structure of the shows without a doubt, it's what motivates me to buy as you are whipped up into the buying frenzy, but not when it's an endless drone about, for example, a pet. I confess to finding it increasingly more difficult to watch when she is presenting. All she needs to do is tone it down a bit, reduce the attitude and channel all that energy into selling the products. By all means chat about the personal things, but please don't keep going on and on about it. Sorry but this is something that, for me, taints certain aspects of a brilliant company and I hope these comments can be perceived in the context intended......constructive as opposed to negative.

09-Feb-2014

Designer Inspiration with Mark Smith; Moonlight Sonata

• 25cts Emerald Plain Rounds Approx 3mm, 30cm Strand.
  • 100m Rainbow Satin Cord Selection

Service rating : I HAVE BEEN SO PLEASED WITH THE NEW IDEAS THAT HAVE BEEN SHOWN LATELY. THE DEMONSTRATIONS AND THE DEALS HAVE BEEN MIND BLOWING. MY STASH HAS GROWN. MY BANK ACCOUNT HAS NOT......... I HAVE SO MUCH PLEASURE FROM WATCHING AND NOW MAKING. MY HUSBAND SAYS AT LONG LAST. JM has grown so much over the last few years. They have shown US how all crafts goodies can be used in our hobbies. This has helped me to broaden my crafting and increased my enjoyment. The formats of the many different programs you show each day HAVE been inspiring and enjoyable. Now we can interact during live shows and in ways like this. The WOF is amazing and all levels are equally important to be given air time by the designers and presenters. Yes I am a fan and avid watcher. It has been good to see the new presenters and how the company seems to encourage their growth and development within the company. Last of all but no means the least ,I HAVE BEEN inspired by the continued aid side of the company. Steve's hands on approach within this family. Thank you for making it easier to contribute to the many projects you are involved in. I am unable to get to one of the balls but I was able to put in a little towards the recent charity bike ride. This comment was a bit long but you have helped me so.much.
Product: Looking forward to making the necklace and a bracelet with this. Mark is so good at explaining the techniques and showing us how to do it for ourselves. My wish is to go on one of his courses to learn more.

07-Oct-2013

So… By Debbie Bulford Textured Sheets - Motifs and Watch Parts

• 450cts Clear Quartz Graduated Rough Buttons Approx From 14x7 to 22x11mm, 40cm Strand.
  • Polymer Clay - Earthy Tones

As Jewellery Maker do not currently deliver to southern Ireland, I have a suggestion, which I hope other viewers will agree with, so that it might be possible to deliver to IrelandL

Currently there in P+P for one price £2.95 no matter how many items are added in one day, (or £4.95 for faster delivery).

I just wonder what other viewers would think of changing this to perhaps a higher charge, if the 24 hours was changed to maybe 3 or 4 days, or even to a week.

I know that myself I would not mind waiting a bit longer, as once the 24 hours had passed, I then saw things that I would have liked to have been able to put into my order from the day before, or 2 days before.

I have purchased beads from the US for example, and obviously it takes longer in most cases for orders to arrive from this far away, but it doesn't matter as it's worth it when the parcel arrives.

If there is a difficulty with charging to Ireland, I just thought that this might get around that as it would be possible to charge a higher amount of money for this option, although it might be necessary to have a cut off point, such as a maximum of maybe 10 items, or something like that.

Anyhow, I just though I would suggest it for whatever it's worth, but more than anything I hope I will be able to purchase from Jewellery Maker from Ireland!

16-Sep-2013

925 Sterling Silver Cord Ends 5mm with Extender Chain (3pcs)

Whilst I enjoy the TV programmes and demonstrations on the shows I find myself increasingly frustrated by the hard sell tactics used and often misleading information given by the presenters. The lack of availability of basic products essential to a jewellery maker is also frustrating, since the company is hell bent on selling out each product on the shows. They refer to themselves as a one-stop shop for jewellery products but this is therefore not the case. I often have to find essential products from other companies. As the company has expanded so quickly I don't think that the quality of service to individuals remains as good as it was. An example is that I have had problems with gold plated copper findings turning black. On complaining and sending several photographs I was invited to return them, which I refused to do.. In the past an apology would have been offered and a suitable replacement would have been sent. On this occasion many emails were exchanged before any offer was made, and 3 silver cord ends were sent as a replacement. In value these were probably much the same but were not a sensible substitute for the item I had complained about. I have rated the company as 'good' because there are still many reasons why I like the company but I feel it's on a downward slope.

13-Oct-2013

Four Seasons Jewellery Kit Inc; Approx. 98 Pieces of Antique Bronze Copper Findings

• 1mm Lilac Satin Cord 10m

Service rating : I like the products ect from Jewellery Maker, but I do get frustrated with the way they work, once you click to buy. There were numerous occasions where I would click on something, and due to their one p & p, I would order other items to make the one p & p worth more. Then suddenly the main item I wanted isn't available. So I end up paying for a few small items I would never of bought. If you can't supply the main item, you should ask if they still want the order. My guess is you wont do this as most people would say no. Also stop telling people you have sent one of the small gem books in their parcel, when you haven't. This has happened twice to me now, which is annoying, when you start collecting something and then get gaps, and yes I have contacted your customer service team, but still never received them. I had stopped using you for quite some time. I have now started trying a few orders to see what happens, Getting what you click on does seem to be more accurate, but your just as bad with the little gem books, as you said you had put JKL in my parcel, and nope it wasn't there. Can I buy these? so I can fill the gaps. I haven't seen them in your on line shop, I will look again
Product: Very nice Kit, very good price, well worth

28-Jan-2015

Teal Baroque Cultured Pearls Approx 11x13mm

• Aqua Cultured Potato Pearl 5x4mm
  • Bail Making Pliers 3mm and 5mm

I have only one criricism of JM, because I find your customer service, products and value for money are all excellent. There are still people who do not have a computer, or access to one. If they wish to order from you they have to rely on the phone, which in itself is not a bad thing, but when the price of goods goes onto the web site often some considerable time before it appears on the screen, callers are at a considerable disadvantage if the product is limited. I use the phone for ordering because my computer needs replacing and is not very reliable, so I have first hand experience of this happening. The presenters (two in particular) cheerfully tell you how quickly the product is "flying off the shelves" and urge web buyers to check out their baskets, because unless things are paid for, they are still available, but still the price does not appear. They will then say that they have forgotten to put the price up. I have to say that sometimes this does not appear to be a genuine memory lapse, but it is already too late for phone buyers to obtain what they want. I feel quite strongly about this, otherwise I would not have complained, as I find all other aspects of your company excellent, but I am sure that I cannot be the only one who has noticed this.

02-May-2019

10m White Lace Floral Trim Approx 1.2cm

• Mauve Soutache Cord 3yards 3mm
  • Peacock Soutache Cord 3yards 3mm

Service rating : While the delivery service was excellent, as usual, I really have to mark this poor because of the packaging. The box was full of bubble wrap. Yet nothing in my parcel warranted any bubble wrap at all. Not only was each individual item wrapped in its own sealed bubble wrap bag (sometimes with another plastic bag inside it!), but three unused bubble wrap bags were added in to fill the box. This was really annoying because there wasn't even one fragile item in my package. The clay blades and extruders were in their own strong blister packs. I can completely understand fragile gemstones being wrapped in bubble wrap, I can also understand if you wanted to add extra protection for the delivery company and wrap the blister pack of clay blades in bubble wrap, but bags of lace and cards of soutache? They don't need layers of bubble wrap. They would have been fine in a paper bag. One plastic bag maybe. But a plastic bag inside a bubble wrap bag?? The packaging is why I'm giving you a poor rating. Your items are nearly always great quality (I've only ever complained twice in several years as a customer), you have competitive prices and fair delivery times. Please JM sort out your packaging. It's not eco friendly at all.
Product: Excellent quality lace at a great price. But it did not need to come in a plastic bag inside another plastic bubble wrap bag.

08-Feb-2018

90cts Seraphinite Multi Shapes Cabochons Assortment.

• Peach Freshwater Cultured Pearl Button Beads Approx 8-9mm, 18cm Strand
  • 925 Sterling Silver Satin Finish Beads Approx 8mm, Approx 3.5mm hole (3pcs)

Service rating : It is official.... I am addicted to jewellery maker!!!! I have been making jewellery for over 20 years and Jewellery maker is now my official supplier. I have had my fingers burnt in the past buying from sellers and not receiving what I expected, such as gemstones mid listed as a different higher quality gemstone or manmade stones listed as being something else natural, or just completely fake items, or dreadful quality. With JM I know what I am getting is the real deal. I have noticed people complaining about some of the new additions such as seed beads, Swarovski and cubic zirconia but I see it as a challenge to try new products and mediums. The only change I have had a problem with is the base metal findings packs which have come with kits, none of the bolt rings work and the findings are far less quality than the old copper packs and I have had to start buying copper clasps directly from India. Otherwise 90% of my supplies are from JM. The presenters and designers are extremely knowledgeable and I have learnt far more since watching JM than in the 15 years of making jewellery previously. Thankyou JM for great Gemstones, products and services.
Product: Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!! Seraphinite was one gemstone that had eluded my stash and what a way to add my first piece with 4 gorgeous cabochons. They are mesmerizing, the layers within it keep you staring for hours

02-May-2014

Sweet Dreams Jewellery Kit Inc. Approx 115 Silver Plated Copper Findings

• Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver Earring Posts & Butterfly Backs 15x4mm (10pairs)

Service rating : I like the items which the company brings and the prices are generally fair and often good. However the availability of items is very poor due to the company's policy of selling out on the shows. If you miss a show or unable to afford a desired item at the time then you miss out, sometimes for a very long time. If you need a basic item such as a particular type of headpin or jump ring they are often unavailable, thus rendering the company's description of themselves as a 'one stop shop' completely untrue. My other problem with the company is the lack of quality control, which is obvious at times, particularly when a presenter will make the comment that an item has 'just arrived in the building' and is on screen immediately. Items arriving at Jewellerymaker should surely pass through a quality control department before being aired. This is obvious when items received are so often variable in quality or even quantity. I enjoy the shows and the variety of items available and will continue to watch and buy unless these problems become any worse, but it would be nice if JM was indeed a 'one stop shop' as they claim.
Product: I would have given this kit a score of excellent but the strand of pyrite was very poor in quality. Jewellerymaker have replaced the strand with a better one.

19-Nov-2013

Create Your Own Wirework Rings. Inc, DVDs, Ring Mandrel and 1m Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver Wire 1mm

VeryBilly Hall
It's bad enough being told by a WHSmith assistant (on a regular basis) that I should replace the Guardian with the Telegraph when buying a bottle of water (even though I am obviously a sandal wearing, real ale drinking hippy socialist). But now the automated tills call for assistance if I try to buy the items also... First immigration billboard vans, now automated left wing newspaper reader checkers... What next
Like · · Share · 22 hours ago via mobile ·
8 people like this.
View 3 more comments

Stuart Edmond Just wait for the revolution brother! Then all these capitalist swine will be swept up under the crocheted tank top of self realisation and forced to confront their inner demons ( in a safe/confidential environment where respect is king...)
18 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Stuart Edmond Is that commune in Guernsey still recruiting...
18 hours ago via mobile · Like

Stephanie Longmuir Fab phrase: crocheted tank top of self-realisation
18 hours ago via mobile · Like

Billy Hall I'm hoping Steph makes one of these for you Stu
18 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
Good quality products prompt service

Options

08-Jun-2016

Elegant Fascinators Gemstone Collection Inc Pearls, Abalone, Aquamarine & Silver Plated Copper Wire

• 280cts Black Rutile Quartz Bone Shaped Beads Approx 12x6mm
  • 310cts Blue Colour Coated Haematite Plain Rounds Approx 7mm, 38cm Strand.

Service rating : Sometimes the quality of the gemstones can be very disappointing. You can feel cheated sometimes because to return an item that is poor quality costs the customer too much. The customer has to pay original postage AND the return postage (including insurance postage costs!) for items that are poor quality and do not match the promise given on the show. That seems very unfair and can sour the experience. However, sometimes the gemstones are really nice. It just seems unfair to punish a customer for poor quality goods. It's not really a "no quibble money back guarantee" because of cost of postage. There really needs to be a descriptor "/fair" which can be selected for the feedback on the company and gemstones. I don't want to put "poor" because sometimes I'm pleased, and I don't want to put "good" because quite often I'm not that happy, but not so disappointed that I want to waste a fortune on return postage (and initial postage) for an item/items which fall below expectations. Just being honest. I like JM a lot and don't want to be negative, just want to be honest.
Product: All okay (but there isn't an option for okay, so have put good!). The items don't look as good as those on TV, but they are fair for the price. Obviously, they are much smaller than on-screen because of the high magnification used (which also highlights the "sparkle" which is also lacking in real life!). Nonetheless, for the price you cannot be too picky. So it was a "fair deal" rather than a "good deal".