Scorptec Computers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Scorptec Computers

Feedback for www.scorptec.com.au has been compiled from 13867 Customer Reviews

• 05/03/2015
  • Scorptec is one of Australia's leading 'clicks & bricks' computer and technology retailers. We provide the latest PC computer hardware & components at the best value possible, and strive for customer service excellence. With multiple retail store locations across Victoria as well as fast nationwide delivery, Scorptec promises to provide a tailored and personalised experience for all customers.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.scorptec.com.au

Panasonic Internal Slim SATA Blu-Ray Burner

Service rating : Only the Insurance was added without my prior knowledge....
Safely and well packed, and delivered fast.
Product: So far so good, the item is working well...

Western Digital WD Black 1TB

• Manhattan 16CM SATA Power Cable
  • TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Wireless Portable 3G Router

Service rating : Sensible advice, great range good prices. Approachable and not arrogant.
Product: Quality drive.

BenQ BL2405HT 24inch LED Monitor

Service rating : I have shopped with Scorptec for over 20 years & never regretted it. Their website has a great range of products and is easy work with. There is always a good amount of tech data on the items of interest. Most importantly their prices if not the cheapest, are always competitive. I placed my order about 11.00am and relieved it in Bairnsdale, Vic at 10.00am the next day..
Product: After my 24" Äsus monitor stopped working I retrieved my old square Benq monitor from my observatory, and set it up with my PC. After 15 yeas of regular use I am still amazed just how great that monitor image is every time I use it. It is as good as today's LED monitors. Naturally this, the advanced features of the BL2405HT, plus the price essentially made it my choice. After a fair bit of eye surgery to both eyes I need to use eye drops regularly, so the blue light reduction feature will make it easier to do extended work on the PC. This monitor is realy excellent.

HP 250 G6 15.6inch Celeron Notebook

Service rating : Great service.
Product: Good value for the money.

Manhattan 100W Notebook Power Adapter with USB Car Charger

Service rating : great service by 2 team members on different days.
Product: It did not actually fit my laptop so I was able to get my money back.

Gigabyte Sabre 17 17.3inch Core i7 Geforce GTX 1050 Gaming Notebook

Service rating : fast
Product: so far so good but not as fast as I expected. Also, too noisy and the sound quality is very poor

Toshiba DT01ACA 3TB, DT01ACA300

Service rating : Very good, despite the temporary counters.
Product: Reliable unit.

LG FORCE Bluetooth Wireless Headset

Service rating : The staff is knowledgeable and very welcoming
Product: The staff is knowledgeable and very welcoming

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD

• Corsair CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 SODIMM
  • Orico 2.5inch Transparent HDD Enclosure

Service rating : nil
Product: nil

ALOGIC USB 2.0 to DB9 Serial Converter Cable

Service rating : Good website. Lotx if detail. Reliable delivery
Product: Hardware good. Drivers ok but you need an app called serial for mac os x sierra and above. When you install that it includes drivers and terminal emulators and wworkd first time.

ASUS ZenBook UX430UN 14inch Core i5 Quartz Grey Ultrabook

Could not even see the product prior to purchase. The first guy at the Clayton shop just regurgitated information from the web advert. Poor sales training, did not know how to solve my sales inquiry, he did not know the product, didn't let me see the product. He was polite enough, but his ability to help me was so poor, I walked out of the shop he was so bad. I ended up buying the product from you in the end from Sth Melbourne, but I will look elsewhere in future as I was not happy at all

Thanks for your feedback, I apologise for the poor experience you had at our Clayton store. I am currently working with our Clayton Sales Leadership Team to improve our level of service and we will be sure to provide additional training on product knowledge and applicability.

We are not able to open and demo all products that we sell as the products we sell are brand new and fully sealed from the manufacturer. However, our team should most definitely be able provide a superior sales experience regardless of this.

If you have any concerns or queries at all please feel free to get in touch with me directly at: davidc@scorptec.com.au

David @ Scorptec

Crucial MX500 3D NAND 250GB SSD, 2.5inch

Quick and easy

Cooler Master Seidon 240V Liquid CPU Cooler

Service rating : tried to rip me off $70
Product: the replacement cooler they gave me was used and not nearly as good as the unit i took back for warranty

Thanks for your feedback, I assure you that it is never our intention to provide subpar warranty replacement items. We do always aim to provide a comparable or superior product any time we are replacing an older, discontinued unit.

In this case we definitely did not live up to our own standards and expectations and I am already working with our warranty & returns team in order to address this concern.

If you have any further concerns now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at: davidc@scorptec.com.au

David @ Scorptec

LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 8TB

Service rating : My recent visit to Scorptec in Melbourne was fast having spoken to a salesperson prior to arriving.
Product: Does what it says

Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Lite 802.11ac Dual Radio Access Point

• Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

Service rating : During the back order process I got a couple of contradictory notifications about the likely arrival time of my order.
Product: Exactly what I wanted from it.

Zowie by BenQ FK1 Gaming Mouse, White

Service rating : Great
Product: Great

ASUS Xonar AE PCIe 7.1 Channel Sound Card

Service rating : Was assisted almost immediately and was helped with no issue.
Product: Collected, plugged in and working all in one day.

AOC AGON AG322QCX 31.5inch Curved 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor

I was concerned about a warranty claim, but the scorptec were extremely professional.

Seagate BarraCuda HDD 4TB, ST4000DM004

Service rating : Great responses to my help enquires on products listed on your website. Great followup advice and information.
Product: A dream product.

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

• Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler
  • ASUS VP247H 23.6inch LED Monitor

Service rating : Prompt delivery, gave me exactly what I asked for, no issues.
Product: Works well.

SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB SD Card

Service rating : Easy online ordering website.
Product: great product

Seagate FireCuda 2TB Desktop SSHD

Good service easy to deal with

Intel Mini PC NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon

• Microsoft Windows 10 Home Retail Pack
  • Microsoft Office 365 Personal Medialess Subscription

Service rating : Great and professional service
Product: So far mini PC is

EpicGear MMS Switch Grey for DeFiant Gaming Mechanical Keyboard

Service rating : Service excellent, however not sure it's smart to have listed two different items (Although very similar in packaging and design and purpose etc. but hugely different from the customer perspective) as the same item. Obviously it was a mistake, but you know.. the customer doesn't know that at the time and generally isn't appeased by knowing it. I however I'm a nice enough guy to understand as long as I know why something happened.. but not everyone is.
Product: Not really the item I wanted, but there's nothing for EpicGear in Aus anymore so at this point, I'll take what I can get.

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060, 3GB