Great American Days Reviews

Consumer ratings of Great American Days

Feedback for www.greatamericandays.com has been compiled from 472 Customer Reviews

• Mar-23-2011
  • At Great American Days, we take America's big dreams and turn them into incredibly great gifts - from stockcar racing to balloon rides, spa days to rafting

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.greatamericandays.com

Scenic Dinner Cruise, Newport Beach

Service rating : Great American Days staff was very nice and efficient.
Product: We were on John Wayne's yacht, Wild Goose, and loved it. Great food, great atmosphere, great people. Would definitely do it again.

Tandem Skydive, New Jersey

The direct price of the experience is way less expensive than what is quoted on the GreatAmericanDays website. Also, booking an experience two weeks in advance, is ridiculous. Simple tours in a city should be available for booking immediately like other coupon websites like groupon etc.

May-16

Exotic Car Drive, Met Life Stadium

Service rating : Great customer service and competitive prices.
Product: Everything was great except the drive was about 2 minutes. Needs to be at least 5 minutes in order to get a feel for the vehicles response.

May-14

Indy Car Introduction Experience, Charlotte Motor Speedway

Service rating : It was super easy to set my appointment and the rep was very helpful.
Product: One of best days I've ever had. My entire family had a blast at the track.

May-13

Twilight Sail Tall Ship Experience

Service rating : Easy to choose online & booked with a phone call
Product: Excellent evening with lovely views both in daylight & darkness. Very friendly crew & a different experience watching the sails being hoisted which we were invited to help with.

May-09

Exotic Car Drive, Long Island

Service rating : This was the best present ever. Thanks to all who helped make this possible.
Product: This was perfect location for us. and we want to drive again

May-08

3 Lap Exotic Car Drive Gold Package, Atlanta Motorsports Park

Service rating : Such a great company that does a great job at letting people drive their dream cars.
Product: The instructors were really nice and the cars were a dream to see in person.

May-08

Private Balloon Flight For Two, Dallas

Service rating : Hi.
We had an awesome time. I remember that you took some pictures. Could you please send a couple to us? thanks Anke & Michael Homburger
Product: Hi.

Exotic Car Drive, Met Life Stadium

Service rating : Its a little disorganized. The website has events and dates that aren't actually available. Extra fees are required at the event that aren't fully explained on the website. Otherwise the process was relatively simple with quick responses to questions.
Product: The experience was fun, but the instructors seem to not expect you to drive enthusiastically... but safely. I was required to frequently stop on track while waiting for multiple other cars on trap to slowly make their way. If you are going to offer a experience in a 400+ hp car, it should be designed more effectively.

Exotic Car Ride Along, Pittsburgh International Race Complex

Service rating : The track and the whole complex was a excellent place to be. All the car was breathtaking and the staff was friendly and went above and beyond!
Product: I didn't know what to expect, I am not a road course girl more a drag strip, but I was very impressed with the whole experience. My driver very informative an d helpful and he was right it not just about the speed but the whole driving experience. My husband gave this to me for my birthday and I am so glad he did. It was one of the best I ever got.

10 Lap Stock Car Experience, New Smyrna Speedway

Service rating : Allison was Great ! She stayed in touch with me for 8 months to let me know about the dates available for my experience. Great Customer Service !!
Product: A few more laps would have been more worth the price. New Smyrna Speedway is a very short track, 10 laps went by Very quickly. I would not pay that much again for so few laps !

5 Lap Stock Car Experience, Texas Motor Speedway

Service rating : Very helpful in ensuring the costumed decided on the corby excursion. Great will followup calls and follow through. Friendly and very patient representatives.
Product: It was the most awesome thing ever. It helped complete another goal on the life's bucket list. Thank you thank you thank you.

3 Lap Exotic Car Drive, Atlanta Motorsports Park

Service rating : Easy to deal with and worked well with setting this up.
Product: The employees were wonderful and the track was the perfect place for this.

Exotic Car Drive, Met Life Stadium

Service rating : The team was easy to work with and moved my date due to schedule constraints.
Product: It was good. Lines were not too long.

May-06

Exotic Car Ride Along, Pittsburgh International Race Complex

Service rating : Well organized, friendly people, good cars, and great drivers.
Product: I wanted to be a passenger (a "ride long") and it was wonderful. The pace car for the first three laps I did was just not fast enough, so my driver was held back. It was rather disappointing. The second drive, behind to professional drivers in equally fast cars, was much more fun. Thanks! (It was my wife's Christmas present.)

Fly a Helicopter, Atlanta

Service rating : Service was flawless - everything happened as it should
Product: The instructor was extremely helpful - a superb experience!

Ferrari and Lamborghini Drive & Ride, Detroit

It was wonderful!

Air Combat Experience, Lancaster

Service rating : Great company, I felt safe all day and great pilots
Product: Best day ever, I will be back and will recommend to others

Oct-31-2014

3 Lap Exotic Racing Experience, Autobahn Country Club

Service rating : Had a fantastic time. Can't wait to do it again.
Product: awesome. Do you guys have packages for multiple people?

Oct-01-2014

Side By Side Ride Along, New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Service rating : The package I purchased and information written about it was what I received. An easy purchase
Product: The day of the race all the people were welcoming - on time - happy to assist and the ride was fast and fun. It was a present for my 86 year old father in law and husband and they loved driving next to each other on the track.

Sep-28-2014

1 Day Cage Dive

Service rating : Please read all the fine print. I bought my husband the 1 Day Cage Shark Dive. We received very little information on where to go and was told that equipment was provided. The guy who runs the dive was not aware we were suppose to be on that day's dive. I would be rating this extremely bad BUT a woman at Great American Days - Allison - saved the whole trip for us!!! She worked with us and a local shop to get my husband the wetsuit and mask that was pretty much required for the dive (the water was 55). She paid for it over the phone and even arranged for someone to pick up the suit on Monday since we were leaving really early the next morning. She literally saved this rating. I will say I have bought other Great American Days experiences and they were great. This one, not so much.
Product: We were the first trip out for the season and did not see any Sharks so we were really bummed, but otherwise it was a good experience.

Sep-13-2014

Night time Helicopter Tour, Los Angeles

First I was misexplained about transportation fee.
Secondly I was not given voucher of my flight.
It was easy to contact the provider directly.

Sep-06-2014

Chicago Dinner Cruise

Service rating : There was a mix up somehow and I was scheduled for an incorrect cruise. We were visiting Chicago for my 50th Birthday and I was very specific when booking that we wanted the Odyssey Dinner Moonlight/Fireworks cruise since it was my 50th. They put me on a different boat. Then they tried to correct the problem by offering us an open bar - while generous, this was not an option, as neither my husband or I (or my two teenagers which accompanied us) drink. Then they were going to call me back but never did. I had to pursue the situation further myself, and we were scheduled to leave on a flight the next morning. Very disappointing. I am not a "complainer" - I am usually happy and It takes a lot to get me "going". This was poor customer service. Then, when I said I had specifically wanted the Odyssey (had booked it back in March), as I said, they did acknowledge their error. Then I called the next morning before our flight and was told I would be receiving a refund. A few days after we returned from our trip, I called Great American Days to check the status of my refund, and was told they were going to have to issue me a check, but had not done so because they did not have my mailing address on file. Hello??? Was someone going to call me and let me know this? Very disappointing indeed. I was so looking forward to this dinner cruise for my 50th. It had been a difficult year for our family, some serious health issues among other things, so this was a very big deal. Luckily, we were able to get reservations at a restaurant in Chicago (we were staying at the Four Seasons downtown - this was over Labor Day weekend), so reservations were hard to come by. At least I got lucky in that respect. So you asked - that is the truth of the matter.
Product: Did not go.

Sep-06-2014

3 Lap Exotic Racing Experience, Putnam Park Raceway

Service rating : Great service friendly help could not be more pleased.
Product: The track and the cars are great, but as for as the so called professional instructors not so great, I paid for the video package and when I got in the first car I handed the SD card to the driver like I was told to do he put it in the camera then as we started down the track he reaches around and turns the camera off because he said he thought to turn it on, when we get back he tells me sorry I turned the camera off and they could give me my money back for the video! But I could talk to the track supervisor and see what he could do for me, and he offered me another ride for half price in a different so I agreed and got in the other car and the instructor in that car told me he was not at all familiar with that car and could not even tell me for sure how to put the car in gear! I thought then I should ask for a different instructor but it was time to drive and like not knowing the car I don't think he knew much about the track if I had not been around the track before it would have been a total bust.

Aug-15-2014

Indy Car Ride A Long, Richmond International Raceway

Service rating : Good communication. Was able to switch nAmes of the people receiving this activity as a gift. Easy to work with
Product: Three lap ride-a-long and that included a warm up lap and a slow down lap in the pits. Only one full lap was run on the track. Also- the car had more of a go-cart feel than real Indy Car. Very disappointing and underwhelming experience