Great American Days Reviews

Consumer ratings of Great American Days

Feedback for www.greatamericandays.com has been compiled from 503 Customer Reviews

• Mar-23-2011
  • At Great American Days, we take America's big dreams and turn them into incredibly great gifts - from stockcar racing to balloon rides, spa days to rafting

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.greatamericandays.com
Nov-28-2015

6 Lap Exotic Car Drive, Hallet Motor Racing Circuit

One of the cars I chose was not available right away (Lamborghini ) because it arrived late. After waiting for a while I went to the office and they moved me to a Ferrari, thanks. It was an amazing experience. The instructor's were great, very helpful in helping me get the car to top speed safely.

Oct-24-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Baltimore

Service rating : Good job keeping me informed about cancellations of events due to weather etc and rescheduling. Originally was supposed to partake last calendar year but kept me informed about a reschedule.
Product: Baltimore event was actually originally located in Aberdeen, MD 40 Mins from the city but was relocated to Wilmington, DE which is an 1.5 hour drive. Experience was good, wish it took place at an actual track instead of a parking lot. 4 laps was fun and ability to add laps for a decent rate or use a second car if I wanted was nice. Would rather have had 2 laps on a real track or at the very least used more of the lot. Slightly disappointed there was only a Ferrari and Lamborghini to choose from. Good value of $150 for experience overall. Didnt expect to receive take home video either. Nice touch.

Oct-07-2015

1 Day Cage Dive

Service rating : Saw at least 5 sharks and 3 natural predations. Great day
Product: This was an awesome experience. More than we could have dreamed of. Captain and staff were nice and extremely knowledgeable. Loved it

Oct-04-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Waldorf

Difficult to schedule and a general indifference by those I spoke with. Called a week before my drive and was told to confirm with Gotham...told her to do it and have them confirm with me. Still waiting for me photo... Probably worth a $150 but disappointing that you never get out of second gear.

Sep-25-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Baltimore

Service rating : Good
Product: The experience was good but was ruined when the go pro video I paid $25 for and the file was bad even though the person there was supposed to have checked it and now we dont get to see the video.

Sep-14-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Hartford

Service rating : They have a very good customer service and it was very easy to reserve my spot online.
Product: Well organized and had no problems registering onsite. Wait time was a little long but organizers provide water and shade. Driving the car was a great experience. The track was well set to test the handling of the car in curves. A longer straight of way would have been also good to test the car at higher speeds. The only disappointing thing was that I was looking forward to viewing the video that was included with my ride and when I got home there was only about 10 seceonds of video. I think the camera ran out of battery but when they checked the video after the ride, no one mentioned this to me.

Aug-31-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Milwaukee

Service rating : The staff was amazing!
Product: The only wish I had is that I could have driven a couple more laps! It took me 2 laps to get used to the track, so 6 laps would have been ideal.

Aug-25-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Philadelphia

Service rating : Working with the staff at GAD's was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. I talked with Andrea via email and she was always quick to respond and answered all of my questions. I would definitely recommend this company.
Product: It was amazing to be in a Ferrari, however, the line was very long because there was only one car in action for the driving experience. Also, I think that there could have been more time spent being able to just be in the car. I felt like I was rushed in and out, since there was only one car running, and would have liked to take my time a little more. I didn't really feel like I was in a Ferrari

Aug-21-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Philadelphia

Service rating : when i schedule i was told i could buy more laps... on the day i was not offered to buy any more laps.
Product: moved along very quickly, almost fast enough to not appreciate the experience at all

Exotic Car Drive, Milwaukee

My wife bought me this drive for Christmas and what a great idea!!The employees working the day I drove were great and very friendly. I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone that has a dream of driving an exotic car that they normally would not be able to. The Ferrari was out of commission and the Lamborghini was the only vehicle left to drive. That was fine because that was what I wanted to drive anyways. And well worth it!

3 Lap Exotic Racing Experience Silver Package, Gateway Motorsports Park

Service rating : we had a ball, everyone was so friendly. Wait time was brief and chatting with others there for the same event fun.
Product: Excellent! the car was just amazing, and Josh did a great job of coaching me through the driving skills. The video is wonderful, so glad I got it. The experience was a gift and lived up to its hype. Would love to do it again.

3 Lap Exotic Racing Experience, Gateway Motorsports Park

Service rating : Booking the event was a nightmare. Calling for additional information is hit and miss based on the time you call. You can a person who knows what they are talking about or if you call after their hours, you will get a person who doesnt know anything.

The actual experience was awesome, but using GAD was a mistake. I would rather pay the higher amount and go through the experience directly. It shouldn't take countless emails and frustrated pone calls to schedule an event.
Product: Once in a lifetime. Awesome!

Thank you for the feedback. We have to agree that the out of office hours service we were providing was not at the level it should have been and apologize. We have actually now stopped the out of office hours service so that all customers are assisted by the team in Atlanta.

Customer Service Team
Aug-07-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Milwaukee

Service rating : People were very nice. Very organized. The Lambo had some problems when I arrived and I thought it was very cool that they had it fixed by the time it was my turn to drive. Having an expierenced mechanic on the scene was great.
Product: It was fun and would definitely consider doing it again. Would have liked the opportunity to drive faster than the speed I did on the interstate with my own vehicle. If they held it on an actual racetrack and not a parking lot of Miller Park I would definitely do it again.

Jul-31-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Atlanta

Service rating : The biggest issue I have is the added fees that aren't mentioned at time of purchase. Damage waiver insurance is needed in some cases but in an open parking lot with just cones, what am I going to do damage with especially since the course is laid out so short you can't get up any speed.

Other big problem I had is I completely read through all the paperwork and nowhere in there does it say you can't use a GoPro camera. While checking in I was informed I could not use my GoPro but I could rent a GoPro from them to use...or I could pay the rental fee for their camera and use my own...just a scam for more money.

My advice is find another company if you're interested in something like this, there are others.
Product: Course is so short and restrictive you can't enjoy the experience. Whole 3 lap drive is probably a mile total....not worth the hassle of booking and waiting in line for. There are much better options out there for this kind of experience.

We do make it clear that insurance is required at time of purchase. Please follow the link to the experience that you purchased:

where it states:

"Autocross insurance or Racetrack insurance is not included in the price and must be purchased on the day prior to driving. Insurance packages range from $49 to $99, based on the package selected."

Customer Service Team
Jul-29-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Long Island

Service rating : I had a good experience scheduling my event, but actual execution was less than ideal. The location was swarmed with traffic and I never actually made it to my drive. Not your fault, but I can't say I would ever do this again.
Product: I couldn't make it to my event due to a traffic accident on the expressway. I tried calling however did not reach anyone. I found the experience a bit frustrating.

Jul-27-2015

12 Lap Stock Car Experience, Pike's Peak International Raceway

Service rating : Great company, although the original date was cancelled and had to be re-scheduled. We wanted to stay local, so we waited.
Product: This was a Birthday gift for my husband, and he had a blast!

Jul-20-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Indianapolis

Service rating : Just wish there was more of an opportunity to go faster.
Product: Just wish there was an opportunity to go faster.

Jul-20-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Indianapolis

Service rating : run very efficiently
Product: for what it costs the track should be longer

Jul-19-2015

Service rating : Can't wait to do it again
Product: Awesome. Friendly staff. I will do it agsin��

Jul-09-2015

10 Lap Stock Car Experience, Meridian Speedway

Service rating : My experience was a gift from my wife. She was not made aware upon purchase of gift certificate that it would end up costing me money once i got there (primarily insurance).
Product: My understanding was that I would be racing in race like conditions with other cars - that did not happen. Visors on helmets were very scratched up and dirty. Very difficult to here coach while driving.

Jul-06-2015

Service rating : Great experience
Product: My husband had a great time even in the pouring rain. Only complaint was that the helmets were very stinky!

Thanks!

Jul-06-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Washington DC

The "mandatory insurance" should be mentioned up front with the cost, so that you know how much you will be paying. I bought this as a gift and the recipient was more than surprised that at his gift, he needed to shell out a minimum of 50 dollars more.

Jul-05-2015

Exotic Car Drive, Washington DC

Service rating : I didn't deal really with Great American Daysas it was a gift, so I don't know.
Product: I didn't like that I had to buy damage protection. It was an added expense I wasn't planning on and I was gifted the experience. For as much as it costs for so few laps, their insurance should cover damages.

Jul-05-2015

24 Lap Stock Car Experience, Pike's Peak International Raceway

Service rating : I was happy to be able to find and schedule such an event, but I found setting it up to be a bit cumbersome and confusing, then even though I scheduled the event (2 24 lap drives - one for husband, one for son) months in advance, my event was 'canceled' due to 'racetrack scheduling'. Called the number given for the new day of the race (before driving 90 miles to the track) but msg said offices closed. Selected option '2' for raceday info but info was for last weekend, not this, so some better info and coordination for the price would be my suggestion.
Product: It was a gift for my husband and son - 24 laps each, and I think they had a really fun time. Felt that safety seemed to be a priority and fairly well managed (although no one remembered to have my son put on his helmet chin strap....).

Jun-29-2015

1 Run Dragster Ride Along, Maple Grove Raceway

Service rating : Was happy to see that the ride was rescheduled, so far good customer relation
Product: Do to poor weather my origanal date was rescheduled August 30th 2015