Great American Days Reviews

Consumer ratings of Great American Days

Feedback for www.greatamericandays.com has been compiled from 420 Customer Reviews

• 24/03/2011
  • At Great American Days, we take America's big dreams and turn them into incredibly great gifts - from stockcar racing to balloon rides, spa days to rafting

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.greatamericandays.com
Nov-13-2013

Exotic Car Drive, New York

Service rating : Although it took months to schedule, the confirmation number and date and responsiveness to phone calls all worked out well and efficiently.
Product: I only wish there could have been another lap. I appreciated the pointers and teaching of the co-driver. It took about 3 laps to incorporate his instructions.

13-Nov-2013
Great idea. Unique gift in my case.

Nov-09-2013

Exotic Car Drive, New York

Service rating : Great customer service.
Product: What an amazing day!

Nov-09-2013

Exotic Car Drive, New York

Service rating : Great dealing with this company. Very pleasant and helpful.
Product: Husband & son-in-law were thrilled with their rides and cannot wait to do it again!

Oct-16-2013

8 Lap Stock Car Experience, Richmond International Raceay

We had to reschedule due to the weather

16-Oct-2013
we tried it 2 years ago and My husband loved it. that's why I bought it for him again for Christmas

Oct-14-2013

Hot Air Balloon Ride, Janesville

Service rating : Is there a way to get my claim back? Can I transfer it to Stillwater MN? Janesville is too far.
Product: The trip always gets cancelled because of bad weather.. Is there a way to get my claim back? I can be reached at *PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED BY FEEFO*

We're sorry that your balloon ride was unable to go ahead due to bad weather. Unfortunately, ballooning is highly weather dependent and safety is always the primary concern on the day.

You are more than welcome to transfer the value of your balloon flight to any other experience in our portfolio. One of our customer service representatives will call you shortly to help you find an alternative experience. You can also call our call center between 9am and 5pm EST on 1-866-987-9876 to discuss other options.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Oct-13-2013

Indy Car Introduction Experience, Auto Club Speedway

Service rating : Truely a must for those that like to drive fast and be apart of something only seen on tv .. Staff is Excellant and very informitive in keeping you Excited ..
Product: This is one of my to do list events . I was empressed with the staff and how well the event was put togather .. I even hit over 154 mph in a car I did,'nt even test drive ,, You guys are Awesome !!! I hope there are many more people that will Love this Experience as much as I did .... Till I drive with you again .. Thank You !!!

Oct-04-2013

Full Day AC Cobra Replica Experience, Summit Point Motorsport Park

Event was cancelled with no notice from Great American Days. Found this out thru a friend. I requested a full refund 3 weeks ago and still haven't seen anything yet. No apologies from Great American Days only an offer to switch me to another experience. Seems to be a reoccurring theme in the feedback responses.

We were sorry to hear that your experience was postponed.

Your date was cancelled by the racing school which hosts it (rather than Great American Days) and unfortunately we have no control over the decisions made by our partner providers when extenuating factors require that a driving day does not take place.

This being said, you should definitely have been contacted by the racing school in question to inform you that your date was not taking place. This is standard policy among all our providers and, in this instance it appears that this did not take place.

We are therefore carrying out a full audit with the racing school to make sure that this does not happen again and in the interim, we have ensured that a full refund has been sent to you.

We thank you in advance for taking the time to feed back and appreciate your comments as they will help us to improve the processes of the activity providers and companies that we represent.

Sep-28-2013

12 Lap Stock Car Experience, Phoenix International Raceway

i rescheduled from September to November because you overbooked my race date and asked to be upgraded to the 16 lap package. it was only a 50.00 difference but the request was declined. I helped you out but no consideration was given to me.....john nyheim-phx

Sep-18-2013

Indy Racing Experience, Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Service rating : was great-great help-safety and instruction great-staff very helpful. I enjoyed the experience- but ended too soon
Product: speed at Indy was the need and I got it thanks to the driver in the ride and my driving experience Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Sep-16-2013

Side By Side Ride Along, The Milwaukee Mile

Service rating : Customer service for the experience was excellent.
Product: Although the experience was good, we waited in line for two hours due to only having two drivers that day, and two cars breaking down. They did provide us with a free video of the ride along, however, the video didn't work.

Sep-15-2013

Indy Car Ride Along, Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Service rating : Fantastic experience !
Product: Fantastic experience

Sep-15-2013

Exotic Car Drive, Los Angeles

Service rating : Staff was unprofessional and the trailer broke with the cars inside . Only had 1 car running for over 30 people waiting ! Horrible !
Product: They cancelled the drive day . Waited for almost 2 hours in line in the Hott sun ! Waste of a day and time !

We're so dreadfully sorry that you had a bad experience at the racing school on the day.

We understand that there were many technical problems on this particular date which were outside the racing school's control. Unfortunately, unforeseen issues can, very occasionally, ruin what is usually a fantastic experience and we're truly sorry that you didn't get to enjoy your driving adventure in Los Angeles.

As discussed with you outside this review channel, a full refund has been issued to you. Once again, thanks for taking the time to feedback. We hope that we will be able to exceed your expectations next time you book through Great American Days.

Sep-14-2013

Exotic Car Drive, Los Angeles

Service rating : When I submitted an email inquiry the response was very quick and answered all questions asked. The phone contact was also very good. My complaint is:
we were not informed of the change of venue for the Imagine Lifestyle Ferrari Driving Experience until a day or two before the actual event by email and then by telephone on the afternoon on the day before the event. We actually knew the event venue had been changed early on, because we had inquired whether there was another venue closer to our home; in response to that inquiry we were told the venue had been changed already. However, if we had not inquired earlier, we would not have known and it is entirely possible that we might have missed the email and/or phone call notifying us of the change in venue. We live more than two hours away and were thinking about getting a hotel room the night before, so could have easily missed the phone and possibly not checked the email. I don't understand why immediate notification wasn't made as soon as the venue was changed.
Product: Well, we were there the day of the "infamous" Imagine Lifestyle Ferrari/Lamborghini trailer breakdown so I am sure that you have heard complaints. However, we were lucky enough to be there two hours early so got in. A couple of comments: the
staff was welcoming and friendly; however, there was no water available! (actually, I asked one of the staff and they said there was water, but they weren't advertising it because they weren't sure they had enough but would get me some if I liked). We were in Southern CA in close to 100 degree heat - come on! have some water available to purchase. The signage to the entrance was poor - the event was held at the Santa Anita Racetrack and a lot of the gates were closed and it was just by chance that we saw the banner and turned in. Better signage to the entrance would be helpful. Also, I found it very confusing when on confirmation they talked about bringing the voucher - it wasn't clear what voucher they were talking about. Perhaps changing the language to "confirmation" would be helpful? The actual
driving experience was fine - my husband enjoyed it very much.

Sep-09-2013

Stock Car Ride Along @ Milwaukee Mile

Service rating : The Great American part of the experience was very disorganized and not adequately staffed. I had a 10:30 appointment slot and I waited with my family for 30 minutes to check in and at least 2 hours to get a ride along. I understand from the attendants that they were understaffed for the day and it showed. Also I had been waiting for an hour or so and a couple of VIP's were given preference and went in front of me. Unacceptable. My money is also green.
Product: The ride along was enjoyable but very short. Because the wait was so long the experience was not as enjoyable. It is the same reason I don't care to go to amusement parks. Wait 2 hours for a 2 minute ride. We also were not offered the pictures for some reason?

We're sorry that your ride along experience was marred by the customer service levels that the racing school provided to you on the day.

While we always try to ensure that our customers receive the highest possible standards from our partner suppliers, we are unable to control the way that you are greeted on the day or potential unforeseen delays. (Great American Days' role is to schedule your booking and to ensure that you have all the information you need to prepare you in advance for your driving adventure).

We have informed the racing school in question that you were unhappy with your experience on the day so that they can improve their service levels.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback. It really is appreciated.

Aug-31-2013

Adult Champagne Balloon Flight, San Diego

Service rating : I was very happy with the level of service from Great American Days, especially the consultant I worked with, Allison.
Product: The company was wonderful and our guide was excellent!

Aug-26-2013

Tandem Skydive, Salisbury, NC

Service rating : This was by far the best customer service I have ever received.
Product: Piedmont Skydiving is a group of fun friendly professionals and they showed me an awesome time!

Aug-21-2013

Exotic Car Drive, Philadelphia

Service rating : Very good feedback, I never had to wait on the phone if I had a question, and someone always had an answer, i was never left confused.
Product: It was very fun! But for the price, I believe it should have been a longer drive. It was not as fulfilling as it could have been, but still exciting and fun!

Aug-19-2013

Exotic Car Drive, Washington DC

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Great experience, too short, would increase laps to 5 and extend the track length. Three minute experience is too short. Other wise it was great

Aug-18-2013

Exotic Car Drive, Washington DC

Service rating : Very good
Product: Too short

Aug-17-2013

Exotic Car Ride Along & Drive @ DC

Service rating : Too bad it can't be a few more laps - was awesome and a super fun day for all.
Product: Instructor was excellent - checked to see if I was ok with intensity - of course more is better

Jul-28-2013

Exotic Car Drive, Philadelphia

Service rating : Friendly customer service! But three laps is not enough. For then price we pay it should be at least four or five laps not three...
Product: It's a great event, but we should be able to do at least four or five laps u stead of three.

Jul-25-2013

20 Lap Stock Car Experience, Thompson International Speedway

Service rating : I had a great time once I knew where I was going & what I was doing. It was a little confusing in the beginning. My friends & family didn't know what they coud or could do. Maybe add something in your literture from them so they know what to expect.
Product: It was a great experience. Just wish the track was a little bigger so I could have gone faster. I was also expecting newer or more well known cars then what was there but had a great time.

Jul-21-2013

Side By Side Ride Along, Auto Club Speedway

Service rating : Great - no issues - recieved everything on time
Product: Two things that would have made it better - more people assisting at check in - video camera in my car was not set correctly

Jul-20-2013

10 Lap Drive, Thompson International Speedway

Service rating : They answered all of my questions and returned all of my calls. Good to deal with
Product: Awesome experience to get behind the wheel. Definitely worth doing the ride along before getting behind the wheel so you know what the car is capable of. I'm definitely going again.

Jul-19-2013

20 Lap Stock Car Experience, Thompson International Speedway

Service rating : Excellent service. Very easy to book my experience and very friendly and knowledgable workers!!
Product: One of the greatest experiences of my life! Very professional and friendly group of people made my day AWESOME!!