Great American Days Reviews

Consumer ratings of Great American Days

Feedback for www.greatamericandays.com has been compiled from 448 Customer Reviews

• Mar-23-2011
  • At Great American Days, we take America's big dreams and turn them into incredibly great gifts - from stockcar racing to balloon rides, spa days to rafting

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.greatamericandays.com
Aug-15-2014

Indy Car Ride A Long, Richmond International Raceway

Service rating : Good communication. Was able to switch nAmes of the people receiving this activity as a gift. Easy to work with
Product: Three lap ride-a-long and that included a warm up lap and a slow down lap in the pits. Only one full lap was run on the track. Also- the car had more of a go-cart feel than real Indy Car. Very disappointing and underwhelming experience

Jul-28-2014

Performance Driving Clinic, Pocono Raceway

Service rating : You need to make it much clearer that customers will be dealing with another entity. Frankly, I deleted emails from Bertil Roos because they showed up in my Spam folder, so I was eventually far behind in knowing some of the particulars of the upcoming program. Otherwise, people were very responsive to inquiries and got me straight.
Product: Great instructors who made it fun and a great learning experience. Due to low turnout, we were also introduced to Slide Cars, which was a blast. I would certainly go back to Bertil Roos for another course.

Jul-13-2014

Indy Car Taster Experience, Chicagoland Speedway

Service rating : I was unable to attend due to a family crisis. And the rescheduling policy was too strict to be able to reschedule without a high cost:(
Product: Unfortunately had to sacrifice my payment due to family crisis

Jul-12-2014

Hike and Wine Tasting, New York

I was unable to redeem my voucher online myself and had to call to do so. Then when I did, it was several days of going back and forth to schedule it as the item wasn't available for months. Lastly, when I was a week away from the event, I called Great American Days to get verification and they said I had to reach out to the vendor myself which didn't make sense since I booked it through them.

Jul-05-2014

Beach and City Helicopter Tour, Los Angeles

Service rating : A Great American Days adventure was a fantastic birthday gift from my friend. And the staff there were extremely helpful with my booking. They worked with me and their professionalism was truly outstanding.
Product: The helicopter ride was great fun. Robin, the pilot, was very friendly and he made me feel very comfortable. I got to ride in the front seat next to him, and the views were exceptional. There was a bit of confusion with the transfer of the voucher from GAD to Celebrity Helicopter, but I think it got sorted out in the end.

Jun-28-2014

Indy Car Ride A Long, Atlanta Motor Speedway

Service rating : Great service
Product: Wow, what an amazing experience

Jun-28-2014

3 Lap Ride Along, Pocono Raceway

Service rating : FANTASTIC!!
Product: FANTASTIC RIDE!!

Jun-22-2014

3 Lap Ride Along, Pocono Raceway

Service rating : It was all great. Everyone was very helpful.
Product: WAS TOTALLY AWESOME !!!!!!! Better than any roller coaster I've ever been on:):) Would totally do it again !!!!!!

Jun-09-2014

10 Lap Stock Car Experience, Chicagoland Speedway

Service rating : My wife over paid for what could have been purchased directly from any of the racing teams listed online. I understand that Great American Days offers a variety of experiences in one location but you do pay a priemum for that service.
Product: We spent 20 + minutes searching the track for the school because there was no dorections at all included with the paper work for where on the track to get to the location for the driving school.. There was not one food vendor... but thank goodness they had snacks and stuff to drink. There was a little confusion with line order concerning who was next to drive and lots of problems with counting the laps purchased. Bottom line, driving the car saved the day. It was a blast! If you decide to do this 1. get exact directions to the driving school before to go, 2. take something to eat and drink because you will be there at least 2 hours before you climb in a car, 3. be patient.

Thanks very much for your feedback.

We just wanted to let you know that Great American Days always matches the retail price of its vendors and that there is no mark-up or hidden fees.

Unfortunately, however, while we strive to provide you with the best value possible, we can't match the discount prices that our vendors sometimes offer on deal sites such as Groupon or Living Social - or indeed the special promotional prices that our vendors occasionally feature on their own sites.

Instead we offer a great gift pack, the flexibility to exchange any gift for the other experiences we feature as well as 24/7 customer support - all for the same price as going direct.

We will contact the racing school in question to find out why the directions you received on the day were inadequate and apologize for the inconvenience you incurred.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to feedback.

Great American Days
Jun-07-2014

Side By Side Ride Along, Kentucky Speedway

Service rating : Extremely helpful folks. I had to delay almost a year due to some surgery and they were terrific about extending my gift certificate.
Product: Absolutely awesome! Loved every minute of it and just wish I had done it 20 years ago, as I'd be driving now, not riding:)

May-26-2014

Personal Chef Experience

Service rating : Great American Days seems to care more about who is getting paid than satisfying their customers. I was quite surprised that there is only 1 cook available in the Los Angeles area for the personal chef experience. After speaking to the chef provided and viewing his website, I was not comfortable with the chef but was told there no other options in the area. The dinner ended up going well but it was quite a frustrating process to get there :(
Product: Working with Chef Herb was challenging since he did not want to communicate via email initially and preferred lengthy phone conversations. Once we got past that, it was a more pleasant experience. Although he arrived much later than originally planned which was stressful since he left a message on my home phone and not my cell. All in all, we enjoyed his food and demeanor while in our home.

We're sorry that you found working with Chef Herb challenging. He is one of our favorite chefs and consistently receives stellar feedback for his services. It is for this reason that we recommend him above other chefs in the LA area. He prefers to speak with his clients in person as he finds it much easier to gauge their tastes and preferences this way, however we understand that some people prefer to communicate via email. We're glad that he was able to accommodate your request to co-ordinate via email in the end.

Having spoken with the members of our call center team who handled your enquiry, we are a little baffled by your comments that we prioritize our vendors over our customers. We're sorry if we made you feel that you were less important to us than Chef Herb. That is certainly not the case.

We're happy that the evening turned out well in the end and once again we thank you for taking the time to feed back.

Great American Days
May-25-2014

Indy Car Ride A Long, Kentucky Speedway

Once I got through the confirmation stage everything went perfectly. In fact, my niece ending up booking her husband a drive along when she heard about us doing this ride along for my father.

May-16-2014

16 Lap Stock Car Experience, Richmond International Raceway

Service rating : Everyone was very helpful...
Product: I thought the package included some individual instruction for our group/ maybe a lap or two around the track in a van; then a lap or two with an experienced driver.
We spent the first few lapse just getting familiar with the cars and the track. If we were to do it agin, I think we would buy the ride-along laps then race....
all in all a great time and we had a blast.

May-12-2014

Side By Side Ride Along, Richmond International Raceway

Service rating : Great selection of experiences and good pricing
Product: Absolutely awesome. Driver's are great and tons of fun. Hit 137 on the short track in Richmond. 100% recommend

May-08-2014

1 Run Dragster Ride Along, Royal Purple Raceway

Service rating : An excellent opportunity to check off a bucket list dream. Thanks for the experience.
Product: The staff are excellent and wanted to be sure you enjoyed your ride. My driver was very friendly and answered all my questions. I throughly enjoyed the experience. It was awesome.

May-05-2014

3 Lap Exotic Car Drive, Atlanta Motorsports Park

Service rating : It would have been nice to know about all the added fee's beforehand instead of finding out the day of that I'd have to pay $15 just to have my girlfriend watch me etc..
Product: The people working were really great..

May-04-2014

Hands on Chicago Scenic Flight

Service rating : Would be excellent but contact/phone numbers/payment is very USA-centric....not easy from overseas
Product: Very good value and great experience. A slightly better description of the location of the airfield/distance from Chicago downtown/transport options/travel times would have been useful...not everyone travels in a car all the time!!

May-04-2014

Indy Car Ride Along, Texas Motor Speedway

Service rating : Fun fast fantastic
Product: Fun fast fantastic

May-01-2014

1 Run Dragster Ride Along, zMAX Dragway

Service rating : Excellent service from begining to end!
Product: The ride along was everything that was advertised and then some! The driver made me feel welcome and very comfortable, safe and secure. Thank you all for a wonderful experience!

Tandem Paraglide, Atlanta

Service rating : They were easy to work with and full of great options for adventure.
Product: Instructor was excellent--both knowledgeable and a very good teacher.

Farallon Islands Whale Watch and Eco Tour, San Francisco

Service rating : The only trouble I had was when I needed to reschedule and the company I was doing the experience through had no idea how the Great American Days voucher worked. However, Great American Days customer service was more than helpful through everything and were incredibly understanding when it came to a last minute rescheduling as well.
Product: It was a cold, wet trip to and from the islands, but it was still absolutely gorgeous! We got to see a few whales feeding and a pod of dolphins followed the boat for awhile as well. It was fun and I would definitely do it again, maybe not right after a storm though.

Dream Car Tour, New York

Service rating : Nice package/event
Product: A day well spent touring

South Beach Culinary Tour, Miami

Service rating : Excellent. Will do another tour guide was very knowledgeable and made it a fun experience
Product: Could not have been better and way better and more involved than we had expected. Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave a fun tour. Can't wait to do another one

Valley of Fire ATV Tour, Las Vegas

Service rating : Service was very helpful in coordinating the activity.
Product: Tour was fun, instructor was just ok

Segway Tour of Atlanta

Service rating : My husband and I had a great time.
Product: It was wonderful. I am planning on taking the whole family next time.