A Place for Mom Reviews

Consumer ratings of A Place for Mom

Feedback for www.aplaceformom.com/ has been compiled from 3532 Customer Reviews

• Mar-13-2013
  • A Place for Mom Senior Living Advisors. A free resource helping families find assisted living facilities, Alzheimers ,memory care and nursing homes since 2000.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.aplaceformom.com/

Very good service

Nov-19

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I think her name was Tina (not sure) was extremely helpful. This is such a stressful and emotional experience. She was reassuring, a wonderful listener and had advice on more than just placement or care. This is a great service.

It's wonderful to hear that Tina was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options.

If there is anything else that we can do for you at all, please do not hesitate to ask. We can be contacted through your Advisor by phone or email, or through mySearch.

Nov-18

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Richard Thomas from a place for mom was just great. He helped me find some really nice places for my folks. I am not sure how I would have even begone to even start looking.
Thank you so much.

It's wonderful to hear that Richard was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options for your parents.

Nov-17

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I was not sure of what to expect from this organization as we worked to relocate my Mom. A Place for Mom was sensitive to our specific requests and provided multiple options all of which met our search criteria.

We were given advice about how to navigate this process and specific tips on how to approach our search and research different offerings.

It was helpful to be in communication with somebody who had experience in navigating this process, as it was the first time for us.

Thank you for being such a wonderful, helpful resource.

Thank you for allowing us to assist you in your search for senior housing options. We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to help.

Nov-17

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

The VA attorney that was recommended used deceptive practices. It had the appearance of a bait and switch tactic. No upfront money until approved. However, payment was upon approval by the attorney. When we all know the only approval that counts is the VA. This approach came from both the attorney and your representative. Both suggesting that a refund from the attorney was the same if not approved by the VA. If they stated the correct terms upfront there would be no issue.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

My representative, Mary, was very informative and even followed up to give me more information and find out how I liked the facilities I had toured. I would say she was very professional and very helpful.

It's wonderful to hear that Mary was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I learned a lo tand had some very insightful moments.I would sincerely recommend this site
M./M.

Thank you also for recommending A Place for Mom, we consider that the highest compliment we can receive!

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I found the perfect place for my Mother. She has the care she needs and people her own age to talk to, as well as activities to keep her busy. Thank you for suggesting the Villas at Houghton.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with great information and suggestions during your search for senior living options for your mother.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

If it weren't for you, I would have never found a place for my mother. Thank you!!

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Natalie was wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about her. She made the whole experience so less stressful.

It's wonderful to hear that Natalie was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I have been difficult to work with because of such limited funds . They have done everything and more to help me. I would recommend them to anyone. I was so grateful that they continued to try to please me. Money was/is my big problem.
I apologize to them for my continuous reach for an answer.
Donna

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with support during your search for senior living options. We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to help.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

When I first contacted APFM, I was a little turned off, the process seemed a bit impersonal. But through a local "Visiting Angels" contact, I got referred to a specific agent at APFM, Karen Reedy. Karen was awesome, encouraging, personable and very friendly. She stayed in contact with me throughout my mom's "process". Karen referred us to several locations, two of which we really liked. We ended up choosing the one that best met my mom's needs. It was a pleasure working with Karen and I really appreciate her help and the service offered by APFM. Thank You.

It's wonderful to hear that Karen was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options.

Monica was extremely helpful

It's wonderful to hear that Monica was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options.

very knowledgeable on the facilities in San Diego

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

It was most confusing getting several phone calls, it was to the point the callers names all sounded the same and you did not know which facility they were talking about. I found it much better to call a few place myself and ask the questions I wanted direct answers for.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

You guys were such a blessing in a time of need. I was faced with finding a place for my 93 year old aunt. I live 450 miles away from her and was on a tight schedule when I was in town to help her. I was given appointments to view 6 places the next day and was able to make a decision and get the process rolling within 48 hours. I really did not know where to start as I have never done this before. The guidance I received was awesome. My aunt is now in an assisted living residence and is doing very well. Thanks again for your help!

Thank you for allowing us to assist you in your search for senior housing options for your aunt. We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to help.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

She was very pleasant & helpful.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

The representative was very helpful and supportive.

quick response

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Helped me fill in a big "information gap" in my own experience. Very knowledgeable and thoughtful guidance.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

A place for mom did a great job of locating assisted living facilities that met all of our criteria. They set up appointments with each individual community and we were given wonderful tours. We found the place the first day that we looked. I highly recommend a place for mom

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

an absoute must when in need to contact someone about places to place someone in - my cousin moved into her new place about a month ago and has a new lease on life - the place she was in was just like moving from dark to light - she had said "who would have thought i would end up like this for the rest of my life" and i knew then i had to find someplace else for her and she is now so happy - looks forward to getting up in the morning now - THANKS TO A PLACE FOR MOM

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options for your cousin.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

A Place for Mom rep was very professional and courteous. She was very helpful with setting up appointments on a short notice and provided quick follow-up to see how my mom was doing and my opinion of the assisted care facilities. The only suggestion I have for improvement is to allow for more time between visits of care facilities when making multiple appointments in one day.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options for your mom.

I will pass along your suggestion regarding more time between same day community visits. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your experience with our service.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

My experience was OK. Monica did contact me pretty quickly and we had a good conversation about my Mom's situation. She also forwarded some materials that I requested. However, I did send a follow up e-mail and requested additional materials that never received a response. It turned out I would not have needed those materials because we ended up making some decisions about her living situation that did not require them. I have continued to receive other information about seniors which is generally helpful. APFM seems to mainly be a referral service. I did not really dig into how APFM could provide further help.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Hi Jane - you did a great job helping me find a place for dad. He is at the claremont and awems to love it. Thanks for all your help. Dawn

It's wonderful to hear that Jane was able to provide you with great information and support during your search for senior living options for your dad.