A Place for Mom Reviews

Consumer ratings of A Place for Mom

Feedback for www.aplaceformom.com/ has been compiled from 2760 Customer Reviews

• Mar-13-2013
  • A Place for Mom Senior Living Advisors. A free resource helping families find assisted living facilities, Alzheimers ,memory care and nursing homes since 2000.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.aplaceformom.com/
Jul-26

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

We were so fortunate to have made the connection with A Place for Mom and in particular Susie Blomquist. From the start we felt she was sincerely concerned and understood our situation. We followed Susie's advise and recommendations. Thanks to her the whole process went smoothly, minimizing the stress for us and more importantly, our mother.

Jul-24

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Hi Michelle was a huge help. Everything happened so fast with my Dad and everyone looked to me for the answers. Michelle contacted me and was so helpull and pointed me in the right direction. That was all I needed. I am very comfortable with the Heritage Hill in Weatherly PA the staff is very good and attentive. Although my Dad had a severe episode that triggered the need for him to get assistance, the staff at Heritage Hill saw that my Dad did not have to be confined to a dementia care unit . I thank Michelle and a place for Mom for guiding me to make the right decision.

Jul-23

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I found it very helpful to be able to discuss my husband's problems with someone who understood and could point me in the right direction. You hear so many horror stories, that to have recommendations of places that they have visited or have had good feedback from is important to me. It helped me focus on the better places.
Thanks

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with great options for your husband.

If there is anything else that we can do for you at all, please do not hesitate to ask. We can be contacted through your Advisor by phone or email, or through mySearch.

Jul-23

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Everyone I talked to was very helpful. The only thing that threw me was I didn't know if "A Place for Mom" would help me find a place for my dad, so I did not contact them first. My family is very content with the places suggested and follow up we were given.
Thank you "A Place for Mom". Excellent service in helping in a crucial need.

Jul-22

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Contacted instantly. Very impressed with service. The understanding and caring was so needed. I no longer felt desperate. I recommend you to everyone who asks how I found a place for my dad.

Thank you for being there for my family.

Thank you for the great feedback and for allowing us to assist you in finding the best place for your dad. We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to help. We encourage you to share your insights about the community directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

Jul-22

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I could not have imagined the guidance and help that I received from Michelle. I am certain that I would not have made the best choices without the information that she provided. Michelle's understanding of the landscape of facilities and her negotiating skills helped us to place my Father-In-Law in the best possible facility at the best price. We cannot express how grateful we are for her help, patience, caring and kindness. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at 610-368-5952. THANK YOU!

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor Michelle was so caring and able to provide you with great options for your father-in-law. We encourage you to share your insights about the community directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

Jul-20

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Mary seems to like her new abode. The staff are very friendly. While her room is somewhat dated, she has a wonderful little patio. The home nurse seems to be on top of everything and the best thing about her room is the cost. We liked it as well as the other 2 places we looked at but it was half the cost. Also, the home is approved to participate in Michigan's voucher program. This will be a necessity if she stays for an extended length of time.
So far, she is happy with her choice. Her only complaint is that most of the women in her unit are a little "Dingy" but they are all very sweet.

It's great to hear that Mary has settled into her new home and is happy there.

Jul-20

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Within minutes of clicking interest in pricing of a memory care facility, I received a phone call from a screener from A Place For Mom. At first I thought-wow, how did that happen especially since it was late afternoon on a Sunday. The screener sounded as if she was calling in from another country so I did not have a very good conversation with her BUT within a few minutes of that conversation, Pat Moore called me. She is local and she knows her business. Not only that, she was so empathetic to what my mom and my family was going through because she has gone through it herself. We had a long conversation during which she asked about my mom and what we were looking for. Within a few hours she sent me a list of 5-6 facilities in our area with openings.

The only thing that kind of took me back was that one of the facilities then called me later that evening. I am not sure Pat had mentioned that may happen. It all turned out fine. I was either contacted by the facilities or I contacted them by early in the week. My sister and I looked at most of the them on the list that Pat provided. One of them had just one open room and that was taken by the time contact was made. We ended up choosing Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge in West St Paul. Pat called and e-mailed several times that week, asking if we needed anything and was a great listener and was very helpful. I was extremely grateful to her for her help. I doubt I would have located this facility on my own. Although there have been a few issues getting my mom situated there, I believe it will be a good place for my mom. I would recommend A Place For Mom for anyone looking for a care facility for their loved ones.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor Pat was able to provide you with great options for your mom as well as support during such a difficult time. We also encourage you to share your insights about the community directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your experience with our service. Thank you also for recommending A Place for Mom, we consider that the highest compliment we can receive!

Jul-19

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Cindy was a big help in finding us a place for my mom. What was a very stressful situation, she helped to make it flow to hook us up with places that would be a perfect fit for my mom.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor Cindy was able to provide you with great community options for your mom as well as support during such a difficult time. We also encourage you to share your insights about the community directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

Jul-16

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Good list of places to check out. Too much follow up.

I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a list that was helpful in your search for senior living options. We apologize that the follow up calls were inconvenient and distracting though. Often times the families that contact us for help are in an urgent situation, so we try to be proactive and responsive, but not annoying. This is good information to help us improve our service.

Jul-16

Natalie= awesome

I'm glad to hear Natalie was so awesome during your search for senior living options!

Jul-15

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

We are so happy with are selection and Mr. Gay is just the greatest!!!!

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor Ed was able to be such a help during your search for senior living options!

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

A Place for Mom was really helpful by providing me the information I requested for looking for an Assisted Living facility for my mom.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

A FIFTEEN on a scale of 1-10! -- I sincerely believe that A Place for Mom was the answer to our prayers. We were at a complete loss as to where to put our mom after she finished with her rehab. She certainly could not go home and was a 2-person assist. Jane DiSalle (a saint in our book) lifted the weight off our shoulders, not only by suggesting several clean, caring and decent places for our mom, but she even scheduled the appointments so we could view the facilities the very next day. Our mom is now in the best place ever, Waterford at Levis Commons in Perrysburg. She absolutely loves it there. The facility is like a fancy hotel, the caregivers are so kind and top-notch in their field, they have many activities for the residents, and the food is delicious. We have advised many of our friends who are in the same situation as we were, looking for a caregiver for someone they love, to contact A Place for Mom as it was so extremely helpful to us. THANK YOU SO MUCH, JANE!! Words alone simply cannot express our deep and sincere gratitude to you.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor Jane was able to save you time and provide you with great options for your mom. I'm so glad to hear that your mom loves her new home! We encourage you to share your insights about the community directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Very helpful, quick to respond, and followed up afterwards!

Thank you for the great feedback and for allowing us to assist you in your search for senior living options. We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to help.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Easy and enjoyable to work with and invaluable information provided.

Very helpful.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

Communication with the representative was very informative, educational, which helped guide me to make the placement decision that I did for my mom. She set appointments, gave me directions for the facilities that I visited, simply very helpful. Thank you very much.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was so helpful and able to provide you with great options for your mom.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

They arranged appointments for me on the day I requested. However, I was not able to keep the appointments because my mother was hospitalized the day before. I received a follow up call from The Regency House, where my mother is now living

We encourage you to share your insights about the Regency House directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

I wish the best for both you and your mom!

Jul-13

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I think the concept is excellent !! I found a place for my Mom thru you !!

Jul-13

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I saw the Joan Lundun TV ad just when my Mom needed a new living arrangement.
Your phone and email response was very prompt and usefully factual. I visited 5
care facilities and I found all to be excellent. The one we eventually agreed upon
was exactly what my Mom wanted and needed. She moved in on 6/26/14 and she
is very happy and safe. Thanks for your organizational foresight and your
professional staff.
Ed Thompson

Thank you for the great feedback and for allowing us to assist you in finding the best place for your mom. We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to help. We encourage you to share your insights about the community directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

The service is excellent!

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I couldn't have done it with Marie from A Place for Mom. So glad I made the call.

It's wonderful to hear that your Advisor Marie was able to be so helpful during your search for senior living options!

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

A Place for Mom could quite literally be the reigning example of superb quality customer service. They are in the business of both research and assisting those seeking out the best companies available in all demographic areas. In order to do this complex task, especially in today's market, they have mastered and acquired the necessary ingredients to do both with great success. They led us to quality housing that we are extremely happy with. They took the hard work and did it for us, free of charge. I can't sing their praises loud enough. Thank You to "A Place for Mom"

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am very happy that we were able to assist you in finding great senior living options!

Jul-11-2014

Your Experience with A Place for Mom

I am very grateful to my contact person at A Place for Mom. She did an excellent job listening to what I wanted in a care facility and guided me through the process of finding the right fit for my father. She was concerned, caring and compassionate. I highly recommend this agency.

t's wonderful to hear that your Advisor was able to provide you with great options for your father. We encourage you to share your insights about her new home directly on https://www.SeniorAdvisor.com, our senior housing ratings and reviews website.