Lights and Furniture Reviews

Consumer ratings of Lights and Furniture

Feedback for www.lightsandfurniture.co.uk has been compiled from 144 Customer Reviews

• 20/02/2013
  • Lights and Furniture is an online furniture retail store based in the UK. Established in 2009, we offer a huge selection of ranges and products from some of the leading furniture manufacturers in the world. Ordering is quick and simple and we thrive on providing top class customer service with delivery to England, Scotland and Wales offered on all products.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.lightsandfurniture.co.uk
17-Jul

Lyon Walnut 3 Drawer Wide Chest

• Lyon Walnut 2 Drawer Nightstand

Service rating : Best price found and delivered within the stated time
Product: Excellent quality furniture at a good price

17-Jul

Royale Contemporary White Faux Leather Foldable Futon Sofa Bed

Service rating : Good service
Product: Looks great but very small more like a wide single than a double - defo only sleep one adult comfortably but as it's for a spare room it will do the job. However if u want a double bed avoid this sofa.

09-Jul

Slubby Cream Cotton Coolie

Service rating : Very pleased with service
Product: Product is exactly as described and of high quality

09-Jul

Hampstead 2 tone tall chest of drawers

Service rating : Terrible experience. I chose Lights and Furniture because of the quick delivery times quoted on their website, we needed the drawers ASAP. The delivery date I was given came and went and I didn't hear anything so had to chase. I was told the item I had ordered was out of stock so I agreed to have an alternative. Then 4 times I was given a new estimated date of delivery but every time this came and went without the company contacting me. I have constantly had to chase and chase which is very frustrating. Also the alternative item was cheaper but the difference wasn't refunded until I had asked for it a few times.
They over promise and under deliver, the estimated delivery dates quoted on the website are misleading and when there is a delay they leave it upto the customer to contact them. I was promised a few weeks ago that the manager would e mail me but not surprisingly I am still waiting (despite me chasing!)
When the drawers finally did arrive they have a few scratches and blemishes but I am just glad they are finally here!
Had to go to Feefo direct to be able to write a review as Lights and Furniture ignored my request for the link twice.
Product: The Hampstead drawers were out of stock (despite the website constantly saying they are in stock and will be delivered withinn 2 weeks!) so I agreed to have the Ashby cotton drawers instead. These are ok but have a few scratches. I do not want to have to deal with lights and furniture anymore though!

05-Jul-2014

Milano Oak Triple Wardrobe

• Milano Oak Double Pedestal Dressing Table
  • Milano Oak Bedside

Service rating : As always this company have provided me with some stunning bedroom furniture. I now buy all my furniture here as i know i'm always going to receive high quality pieces. Delivered on time with a friendly courteous team.
Product: Stunning and excellent value for money.

04-Jul-2014

Ashby Oak 1 Drawer Nightstand

Service rating : Delivery was few weeks later than what was originally agreed!
Product: My son is happy with the nightstands.

02-Jul-2014

Nantes Rustic Oak Wine Rack

Service rating : Quick, easy, friendly, reliable. Highly recommended
Product: High quality, perfect match with dining table and chairs from Oak Furniture Land. Definitely recommended

01-Jul-2014

Two solid oak 3 drawer bedside cabinets

Service rating : Extremely poor company - awful customer services, misleading website, poor ordering system, poor stock system, dreadful communication, no choice of delivery date (website states opposite), poor courier service with damage to boxes and no opportunity to inspect goods. I would never use this company again. A real disappointment all round.
Product: Whilst the quality of the items is acceptable I can only rate them as bad. They were not value for money and although the company did honour a price match it was grudgingly and took far too long to obtain a refund. The style and size were right but the price was too high for the build quality and poor service. Disappointing.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and we're sorry that you feel that way.

Can we please raise a few points :

1.) As stated on our website, all products are subject to availability.

2.) The day following you placing the order, we called you to let you know that it was out of stock and you agreed to wait.

Unfortunately some of our popular items do run out of stock from time to time. On this occasion the manufacturers were also out of stock of the item for 4 -6 weeks. We did update you with this information at the time and you were more than happy to wait.

3.) We do actually offer a choice of delivery date and as stated on the same page, this is confirmed once your order has been processed.

4.) In our opinion our courier service is excellent and we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with them. Although if it was due to the damage to boxes and no opportunity to inspect goods, then we do not see this as an issue. Firstly, you paid for a door to door service and not a room of choice and unpack service. Secondly, as you'll be aware, the items you were ordered are quite heavy so it's no surprising the boxes may have been less than perfect. Although the main thing is that the bedsides were in excellent condition!

5.) We agreed to refund you the difference between ourselves and a competitor who were selling the same product at a different price. This actually contradicts our price beat conditions as it has to be like for like and the competitor had a lead time of 12 - 14 weeks. So you did have a discount where one was not due, so this can only be a good thing! :-)

We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the items, although on several occasions we have offered you full refund with a free collection which you declined.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime to discuss this in more detail.

Have a great day!

Customer Care Team
17-Jun-2014

Bordeaux Rustic Oak Nest of Tables

Good delvery and quality of furniture

Vancouver Oak 3 Drawer Filing Cabinet

Service rating : Prompt service, polite delivery men, excellent strong packaging, can't fault the company.
Product: Absolutely delighted! Bought this for our daughter and partner's new home as a present and it is perfect, very well made, strong and so practical. Good size too!

Toulouse Antique Oak Corner TV Unit

The item arrived quickly and was well packaged. The delivery man required my assistance to get the package into the house as he had no trolley to lift and move it. Also he did not wait until the item was unwrapped, so had it been damaged it would have been a problem to get it returned. Happily the item was in good condition.

Bordeaux Rustic Oak 2 Door Cupboard

Service rating : Product as described arrived in good time and in good order
Product: Good little unit for the money

29-May-2014

Casa Rustic Oak 3 Drawer Bedside

They had what we wanted and delivered it as promised

29-May-2014

Cotswold 2 Door + 2 Drawer Wide Wardrobe

Service rating : Delivery on time etc
Product: Only problem was that all of the components for one of the drawers were broken but we managed to glue them together

28-May-2014

Aspen Oak 2 Door 3 Drawer Wardrobe

• Aspen Oak 7 Drawer Chest of Drawers

The further looks lovely and seems to be of good quality.

28-May-2014

Toulouse Antique Oak Small Extending Dining Set

Service rating : excellent service, everything spot on
Product: this furniture is excellent.good solid wood used

24-May-2014

Nantes Rustic Oak Wine Rack

Service rating : Excellent, personal service
Product: Lovely piece of furniture

24-May-2014

Loire Oak Large Wall Mirror

Service rating : Easy on line purchase with no problems.
Product: Stunning mirror and very high quality. As described and viewed on internet. Thank you.

Japan Oak Plasma TV Unit

Service rating : Excellent service. Delivery was within a couple of weeks.
Product: Lovely piece of furniture, very pleased with the style and quality, it'll last for years.

Milano Oak Double Pedestal Dressing Table

• Milano Oak 3 Drawer Chest
  • Milano Oak Full Hanging Ladies Wardrobe

Had to wait a longer than expected for all the order to be in stock but well worth the wait!

Toulouse Antique Oak Lamp Table

very good service throughout

Bordeaux Rustic Oak Small Nest of Tables

Lack of feed back on the fact that they had no stock of one of the items that we ordered

22-May-2014

Orvieto Oak Nest of Tables

Service rating : Very good service
Product: Good product, at a very good price

22-May-2014

Milano Oak 2 Door 4 Drawer Sideboard

Service rating : Excellent service from start to finish. I was kept well updated and the delivery arrived on the agreed day. Thoroughly impressed!
Product: I'd been wanting to purchase this item for a long time, definitely well worth the wait.

20-May-2014

Milano Oak Triple Wardrobe: Wardrobe

• Milano Oak Bedside - 2 Drawer Chest: 2 x Bedside Chests Special
  • Milano Oak 6 Drawer Chest: Chest of Drawers

Service rating : It will take some time to describe all the problems I have had with this company and their delivery service.
In November last year, I ordered 5 items totalling well over £1,000 and on so many occasions I wished I had not placed the order.
The first delivery slot I was given was cancelled a few hours before the driver was due as I was told he had become unwell on his way to me. I had taken a day off work so this was incredibly inconvenient, however, people do get sick and the items were delivered the next day, which luckily was a Saturday.
The delivery company is appalling. The men were rude and tried to tell me I had to sign for the goods all being in good order without an opportunity to inspect as they had only been allocated a ten minute delivery time and so with 5 large items they could not wait while I unpacked everything. I eventually signed for delivery but noted on the form that I had not been given a chance to inspect the goods. It was incredibly fortunate I did this as the 6 drawer chest costing over £500 was badly damaged. This is where the nightmare started!! I contacted Lights and Furniture on the Monday and they arranged for a new chest to be sent and the damaged one collected, however, when the new chest arrived, I inspected it before the delivery men left and it was also damaged. The delivery men said they could take the second chest back with them but they could not take the first damaged chest as they had been told to deliver and collect and were only authorised to return with one damaged chest!! At this point, having to take time off work to be in for each delivery, I was becoming incredibly frustrated as I believe two damaged items is not acceptable. I spoke to Lights and Furniture as soon as the delivery men left and they did offer to send another chest which they said would be checked before it was despatched. Having had the weekend to think about it,I decided to ask that I receive a refund as I wasn't sure how Lights and Furniture could be confident the damage didn't occur during the time the chest was with the delivery company. Lights and Furniture informed me that because I had spoken to them about the damage to the second chest and not immediately asked for a refund, they would have to charge me £60 as they had already despatched the new one. They said they would contact me to arrange collection of the second damaged chest. The whole process took months to sort out and after asking Lights and Furniture to send me the link to Feefo in order that I could document the terrible issues I had experienced, they offered me a full refund without the £60 delivery charge. However, I placed the original order at the end of last year and have had to contact Feefo at least twice because Lights and Furniture have refused to let me place a review of their company. 7 months after my original order Feefo have had to provide me with the means to place this review. (Even Feefo have contacted Lights and Furniture and asked them to generate a review link for me but they have had no reply either). PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE USING LIGHTS AND FURNITURE. Fine if you have all the time in the world and don't mind months of damaged goods arriving and being returned and rude and unhelpful delivery men. Do not belive the good ratings as it seems you have to fight for months to get the link if Lights and Furniture know you will give a bad review. Just getting to be able to give this review has taken a lot of phone calls and a lot of my time.
Product: Very nice quality and well made. Incredibly difficult and heavy to put together. You need at least 2 people if not 3. We didn't appreciate just how many pieces this would have been broken down into.