Lights and Furniture Reviews

Consumer ratings of Lights and Furniture

Feedback for www.lightsandfurniture.co.uk has been compiled from 148 Customer Reviews

• 20/02/2013
  • Lights and Furniture is an online furniture retail store based in the UK. Established in 2009, we offer a huge selection of ranges and products from some of the leading furniture manufacturers in the world. Ordering is quick and simple and we thrive on providing top class customer service with delivery to England, Scotland and Wales offered on all products.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.lightsandfurniture.co.uk
11-Aug

Bordeaux Rustic Oak Filing Cabinet

Service rating : Fantastic service - very quick delivery, great prices & excellent quality.
Product: Perfect! Such good quality. We are delighted with the furniture. We will certainly use the company again!

Jamestown Low Bookcase

Service rating : Service very good no problems
Product: Had been looking for a suitably priced book case for quite some time.once on the web site low and behold there it was,bought paid for and delivered soon after right on time.and easy to assemble.now full of books and looking good.cheers guys..

Recycled Boat Wood Retro Media/TV Unit with doors

Had to wait a little longer than anticipated for delivery.

Bordeaux Rustic Oak Ladderback

Service rating : Company excellent, but delivery company, XPD, were absolutely hopeless. I Won't use Lights and furniture again unless they change their delivery company.
Product: Excellent chairs and good value.

17-Jul-2014

Lyon Walnut 3 Drawer Wide Chest

• Lyon Walnut 2 Drawer Nightstand

Service rating : Best price found and delivered within the stated time
Product: Excellent quality furniture at a good price

17-Jul-2014

Royale Contemporary White Faux Leather Foldable Futon Sofa Bed

Service rating : Good service
Product: Looks great but very small more like a wide single than a double - defo only sleep one adult comfortably but as it's for a spare room it will do the job. However if u want a double bed avoid this sofa.

09-Jul-2014

Slubby Cream Cotton Coolie

Service rating : Very pleased with service
Product: Product is exactly as described and of high quality

09-Jul-2014

Hampstead 2 tone tall chest of drawers

Service rating : Terrible experience. I chose Lights and Furniture because of the quick delivery times quoted on their website, we needed the drawers ASAP. The delivery date I was given came and went and I didn't hear anything so had to chase. I was told the item I had ordered was out of stock so I agreed to have an alternative. Then 4 times I was given a new estimated date of delivery but every time this came and went without the company contacting me. I have constantly had to chase and chase which is very frustrating. Also the alternative item was cheaper but the difference wasn't refunded until I had asked for it a few times.
They over promise and under deliver, the estimated delivery dates quoted on the website are misleading and when there is a delay they leave it upto the customer to contact them. I was promised a few weeks ago that the manager would e mail me but not surprisingly I am still waiting (despite me chasing!)
When the drawers finally did arrive they have a few scratches and blemishes but I am just glad they are finally here!
Had to go to Feefo direct to be able to write a review as Lights and Furniture ignored my request for the link twice.
Product: The Hampstead drawers were out of stock (despite the website constantly saying they are in stock and will be delivered withinn 2 weeks!) so I agreed to have the Ashby cotton drawers instead. These are ok but have a few scratches. I do not want to have to deal with lights and furniture anymore though!

05-Jul-2014

Milano Oak Triple Wardrobe

• Milano Oak Double Pedestal Dressing Table
  • Milano Oak Bedside

Service rating : As always this company have provided me with some stunning bedroom furniture. I now buy all my furniture here as i know i'm always going to receive high quality pieces. Delivered on time with a friendly courteous team.
Product: Stunning and excellent value for money.

04-Jul-2014

Ashby Oak 1 Drawer Nightstand

Service rating : Delivery was few weeks later than what was originally agreed!
Product: My son is happy with the nightstands.

02-Jul-2014

Nantes Rustic Oak Wine Rack

Service rating : Quick, easy, friendly, reliable. Highly recommended
Product: High quality, perfect match with dining table and chairs from Oak Furniture Land. Definitely recommended

01-Jul-2014

Two solid oak 3 drawer bedside cabinets

Service rating : Extremely poor company - awful customer services, misleading website, poor ordering system, poor stock system, dreadful communication, no choice of delivery date (website states opposite), poor courier service with damage to boxes and no opportunity to inspect goods. I would never use this company again. A real disappointment all round.
Product: Whilst the quality of the items is acceptable I can only rate them as bad. They were not value for money and although the company did honour a price match it was grudgingly and took far too long to obtain a refund. The style and size were right but the price was too high for the build quality and poor service. Disappointing.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and we're sorry that you feel that way.

Can we please raise a few points :

1.) As stated on our website, all products are subject to availability.

2.) The day following you placing the order, we called you to let you know that it was out of stock and you agreed to wait.

Unfortunately some of our popular items do run out of stock from time to time. On this occasion the manufacturers were also out of stock of the item for 4 -6 weeks. We did update you with this information at the time and you were more than happy to wait.

3.) We do actually offer a choice of delivery date and as stated on the same page, this is confirmed once your order has been processed.

4.) In our opinion our courier service is excellent and we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with them. Although if it was due to the damage to boxes and no opportunity to inspect goods, then we do not see this as an issue. Firstly, you paid for a door to door service and not a room of choice and unpack service. Secondly, as you'll be aware, the items you were ordered are quite heavy so it's no surprising the boxes may have been less than perfect. Although the main thing is that the bedsides were in excellent condition!

5.) We agreed to refund you the difference between ourselves and a competitor who were selling the same product at a different price. This actually contradicts our price beat conditions as it has to be like for like and the competitor had a lead time of 12 - 14 weeks. So you did have a discount where one was not due, so this can only be a good thing! :-)

We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the items, although on several occasions we have offered you full refund with a free collection which you declined.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime to discuss this in more detail.

Have a great day!

Customer Care Team
17-Jun-2014

Bordeaux Rustic Oak Nest of Tables

Good delvery and quality of furniture

Vancouver Oak 3 Drawer Filing Cabinet

Service rating : Prompt service, polite delivery men, excellent strong packaging, can't fault the company.
Product: Absolutely delighted! Bought this for our daughter and partner's new home as a present and it is perfect, very well made, strong and so practical. Good size too!

Toulouse Antique Oak Corner TV Unit

The item arrived quickly and was well packaged. The delivery man required my assistance to get the package into the house as he had no trolley to lift and move it. Also he did not wait until the item was unwrapped, so had it been damaged it would have been a problem to get it returned. Happily the item was in good condition.

Bordeaux Rustic Oak 2 Door Cupboard

Service rating : Product as described arrived in good time and in good order
Product: Good little unit for the money

29-May-2014

Casa Rustic Oak 3 Drawer Bedside

They had what we wanted and delivered it as promised

29-May-2014

Cotswold 2 Door + 2 Drawer Wide Wardrobe

Service rating : Delivery on time etc
Product: Only problem was that all of the components for one of the drawers were broken but we managed to glue them together

28-May-2014

Aspen Oak 2 Door 3 Drawer Wardrobe

• Aspen Oak 7 Drawer Chest of Drawers

The further looks lovely and seems to be of good quality.

28-May-2014

Toulouse Antique Oak Small Extending Dining Set

Service rating : excellent service, everything spot on
Product: this furniture is excellent.good solid wood used

24-May-2014

Nantes Rustic Oak Wine Rack

Service rating : Excellent, personal service
Product: Lovely piece of furniture

24-May-2014

Loire Oak Large Wall Mirror

Service rating : Easy on line purchase with no problems.
Product: Stunning mirror and very high quality. As described and viewed on internet. Thank you.

Japan Oak Plasma TV Unit

Service rating : Excellent service. Delivery was within a couple of weeks.
Product: Lovely piece of furniture, very pleased with the style and quality, it'll last for years.

Milano Oak Double Pedestal Dressing Table

• Milano Oak 3 Drawer Chest
  • Milano Oak Full Hanging Ladies Wardrobe

Had to wait a longer than expected for all the order to be in stock but well worth the wait!

Toulouse Antique Oak Lamp Table