Travelzoo Reviews

Consumer ratings of Travelzoo

Feedback for www.travelzoo.com/uk has been compiled from 44544 Customer Reviews

• 29/06/2012
  • Our team of travel deal experts compare and test thousands of travel, local & entertainment deals to find the very best in cheap flights, hotels, holidays, cruises and local deals.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.travelzoo.com/uk

£65 -- 3-course dinner & champagne for 2

Service rating : Travelzoo were excellent - received the voucher straight away and redemption instructions were very clear.
Product: This is the 3rd time we have dined at the Park Terrace, and unfortunately standards seemed to have really slipped since our last visit around 2 years ago. The restaurant was half empty and yet the service was painfully slow, on several occasions we had to actively look for a waiter to take our order or ask for another drink. We were left for over 20 minutes with the menus for dessert before I had to find someone to take our order.
The portion sizes have also become smaller, whilst the food was pleasant enough it wasn't mind blowing and there definitely wasn't enough of it. Would have been good to have the option of ordering some sides as well with the main courses, my fish was served with just a tiny handful of vegetables, I'd have liked more.
Overall I can't see us going back, it was a pretty disappointing meal and to be honest not that great value considering how little food we actually had.

£79 -- Overnight stay

Service rating : I have written comments on the hotel but am unable to submit it
Product: This was a gift for my daughters' 25th wedding anniversary. Although the bedroom was very nice, the ensuite was below standard, the shower rail was not fixed properly to the wall as a result the shower curtain kept sliding off resulting in a flood of water on the floor. The toilet overflow was constantly running, fault with the cistern once the toilet was flushed. The hotel itself is looking as though it needs an injection of capital. The pool had a jacuzzi, in which two of the seats were broken with screws hanging proud. If someone had put their hand there they would have had a nasty wound. My son-in-law is vegetarian and ordered the red pepper paella. It came as a risotto and he was offered chips to go with it ( this is a rice dish?) the dessert my daughter ordered was described as a tart and it came as a sponge? Tart is pastry? I wonder if they have a problem with descriptions of food? I stayed at the nant ddu several years ago and it was superb. I understand it is under new
management. Difficult to rate this as good although other aspects of the hotel were good.

£39 -- Meal for 2 with coffee

Service rating : I have always found Travelzoo's service to be very good.
Product: It was an excellent value for money deal and the service at the Anvil was excellent. We enjoyed the meal too. One little niggle was that the meal was presented on a wooden platter and my meal, ( scampi tails and sweet potato fries with a salad which had a nice oil dressing,) came in mug shaped containers for the fish and chips which one could live with, however the salad was on top of a paper serviette on the platter which didn't make for easier eating! Perhaps I was supposed to pull the paper napkin away and leave the salad on the wooden platter? A little individual dish would have been preferable. However the salad was delicious and the entire experience a delight.

£119 -- Herts stay with Hatfield House tickets & cream tea

Service rating : The information about the various deals is clear, and I've never had any problems with TZ deals.
Product: This was excellent value for money at a stunning little hotel. We would certainly look out for any further deals there.

£109 -- 1-night stay in a Classic Double Room

Service rating : Good offer that worked well
Product: Lovely location, food and staff. What more do you need.

£55 -- Country-house spa day w/lunch & treatments

Service rating : Really easy to buy and get voucher
Product: Had a fantastic day with my two sisters. Looked after from time we arrived, food fantastic and treatment was perfect

£65 -- 2-Course Riverside Meal for 4

Service rating : Nothing to complain about here
Product: Third time of going to the Beetle and Wedge.
If you have never been before then do so.
The riverside location is lovely, especially in the warmer months.

£55 -- Spa day for 2 with mud treatment in Hereford

Service rating : for this deal okay
Product: did not feel this treatment was value for money. facilities were good staff very helpful and friendly. food excellent.

£35 -- Afternoon tea for 4 with wine or bubbly

Service rating : Great place, just one comment. Would have liked the waitress to have offered instead of us having to ask for more tea etc.
Product: Very good food

£49 -- 3-course meal with coffee and champagne for 2

Service rating : Couldn't fault the service..
Product: Very friendly & good value.

£179 -- Devon: 2-night coastal escape inc meals, was £376

Service rating : Quick response
Product: Great hotel.brilliant location. Food is great.
No complaints at all

£29 -- Afternoon tea and spa access for 2 nr Dorset

Service rating : Easy to book and user friendly. Well worth the money.
Product: Initially we were a little concerned about the lack of changing facilities at the spa but it wasn’t too busy so it all worked out. Plenty to do in the spa, our favourite being the outdoor hot tub and the freezing cold outdoor pool ( no kidding).

The cream tea was lovely and it was nice enough to enjoy it on the patio with a view of the sea.

A lovely day!

£29 -- 3-course Italian meal for 2

Service rating : Very easy process from start to finish
Product: Lovely restaurant, tasty, well presented food and friendly service. What more could one want.

£35 -- 3-course meal for 2 with wine

Service rating : Having experienced this venue on a numerous occasions through Travelzoo the meal was not to standard as we had previously experienced before. Whilst the food was of good quality there was not a lot of it.
Product: While i accept the offer price that we have from Travelzoo, which I have experience before, we found that the it was actually a taster menu this time and for a few pounds more if paid direct to the hotel could have had a lot more of a better quality meal.

£169 -- 2-night stay

Service rating : fine
Product: we enjoyed our visit

£65 -- Spa day inc 1-hour treatment & afternoon tea for 1

Service rating : No hassle very strIghforward
Product: Totally relax in afternoon . Laura was very professional and used Flemish products which were amazing . Afternoon tea also v good. Thoroughly recommend

£129 -- 2-night stay

Service rating : Good service. Clear instructions
Product: Very good value for money. Good service. Highly recommended

£39 -- 3-course meal for 2 (March-April)

Service rating : Great as ever.
Product: Nice location and tidy restaurant, but our 3-course lunch took us from 11.55- 14.35.Service was awful, customers were asking for menus, then had to call a waiter again to take their order. On top of all this, we were charged, without our consent, £2.52 service charge! Very poor, I am glad that this was only a visit to Henley on Thames, would not eat there again, much better service from the Bristol location.

£99 -- Riverside stay for 2 w/dinner & champagne, 32% off

Service rating : Excellent !
Product: What a gem of a find, excellence food, friendly staff who couldn't have been more helpful, we will be back!
The Poole's

£59 -- 'Delightful' East Sussex country-house stay, save 39%

Service rating : Service from Travelzoo is prompt and efficient. Hotels used via this service have, so far, always been of a good standard.
Product: A very attractive offer, good hotel in a super location; can't praise hotel high enough and we would return.

£99 -- Riverside Stay for 2 w/Dinner & Champagne

A lovely venue, beautiful setting, friendly and helpful staff. The food was divine and the service was exceptional.

£78 -- 2-course lunch & wine for 4 near Harrogate

Always great deals

£95 -- 1-night stay with cream tea

Service rating : Fantastic views & lovely hotel.
Product: Best room at the front of the hotel over looking the lake & mountains. Fab breakfast & all the extra complimentary gifts in the room were excellent

£29 -- 2-course lunch for 2

Service rating : Brilliant
Product: Fantastic deal! We had a superb meal with excellent service at The Old House at Home.

£79 -- 60-minute flight simulator experience for 1

A very enjoyable experience, given by an excellent pilot. Even flying a 737 simulator it was the real deal. I flew into the old Hong Kong airport, through the skyscrapers. I was amazed at how everything happened so fast, good job I had a great copilot who did the flaps etc whilst I kept on the run way line.