The White Company- UK Website Reviews

Consumer ratings of The White Company- UK Website

Feedback for www.thewhitecompany.com has been compiled from 129892 Customer Reviews

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.thewhitecompany.com
19-Apr

Unisex Cotton Classic Robe

Service rating : I love White Company and have been purchasing items for many, many years. Quality is good, price is high, but affordable in the sale and with vouchers.
My concern is the choice to use Hermes for delivery, they are unreliable, despite clear messages on the front door asking them to deliver to a neighbour they often leave parcels in view of the road or sling them over the back gate to be smashed on the concrete below. This lets down the White Company reputation and puts off customers from buying online. Change to DPD, this will solve the problem and restore faith in the company.
Product: Love this robe, soft and a good size, shame that it shrinks so much in the way, even on the 30 degree delicates cycle.
Bought because you have stopped making the white waffle robe, a staple in my house for years, very disappointed not to be able to buy it anymore - the alternatives on offer are in no way good substitutes. Please, please bring back the original unisex white waffle robe - exactly as it used to be, I don't mind paying more for that quality. I was asked by a salesperson in branch to ask you to do this as they have received so many complaints from customers that you have stopped selling this, they said their feedback to you was not being acted upon!

Linen Frill dress

Service rating : My initial feelings when entering the store to change my online order to a smaller size was their was a lack of warmth/engagement. The second person was helpful when I asked if I could try the dress on. The third person was down to earth and engaged with me as the customer and was excellent. Maybe there is an air from some that they are superior and above the customer however the customer is purchasing from the brand and they are representing the brand. So maybe a training session on self awareness and impact would be beneficial.
Product: The frill dress appears to be made well and is far superior than other linen products I have seen on the high street.

Fresh Fig Signature Candle

• Day Candle

On arrival one of my candles was broken, glass was smashed. The box they were delivered in was dented quite badly in one corner so obviously was handled poorly by Royal Mail! I contacted White Company customer service explaining what had happened and they couldn't have been more helpful and apologetic. They sent out another candle straight away to replace the broken one. I am very happy with the service I received and wouldn't hesitate to order from White Company again!

Linen Stripe T-Shirt Dress

The Hermes delivery office let me know a little after 9am that the delivery would arrive from 9am. As I was keen to get the order and assumed that it would arrive that morning, I cancelled plans to go out. In fact, the delivery was made after 5pm and apparently this is the usual time for my area on that day of the week. Why is that not part of the original message, so that a whole day is not wasted?

Cotton Tie Back Stripe T-Shirt

• Oxford 4 Way Stretch Trousers

Service rating : Ordered on line items too large. Returned to the Guilfford store was given refund and re ordered in smaller size. The goods have still not arrive after 7 days decided to cancel the order. Some hold up due to the promo code. Not happy with this service if I had not called I’d still be waiting for the goods whilst the White Company had my payment.
Product: Still waiting for this to arrive have now cancelled the ordet

Cotton Raglan Button T-Shirt

• Linen Deep V-Neck Top

Easy ordering . My only comment would be for the price you pay next day delivery should be standard like most other companies . Standard delivery takes a few days and this puts me off ordering sometimes . I also had to pay to return another item when most other companies offer free return postage . I live 15 miles away from the nearest store.

Lacing Side Jumper

• Tipped Pleated Skirt

Service rating : Calling company to return one item excellent - but you need to state on the paperwork with the delivery how to return and what conditions/requirements are. If there is normally a fee to do so - that should be stated at point of sale as well
Product: Not the right size and too heavy to go with pleated skirt -

20-Apr

Cotton Embroidered Jacket

Service rating : Very prompt delivery and well packaged. However, on telephoning customer service, the service was poor, slightly similar to talking to a robot. Disappointing that a high end price category retail chain does not offer free returns - the competitors do. This needs to be corrected.
Product: Expensive but fills a need for a cotton jacket with 3/4 length sleeves (which is hard to find elsewhere)

Hooded Velour Robe

• Feather Pom-Pom Ballet Slippers
  • Faux Fur & Satin Sliders

Service rating : Excellent customer services, friendly and helpful. Although prices are a little expensive, products are good quality. Delivery service is quick once dispatched. Overall very happy with customer services, products and delivery.
Product: Little expensive but quality is good.

Carpenter Trousers

• Linen Lace Up Blouse

Service rating : Not very clear on the website that you don’t refund Paypal in store. The free return service doesn’t have a store local to me!
I’ve now ended up with a gift voucher which isn’t ideal.
Product: Nice trousers

Artisan Large Serving Platter

• Stripe Hat with Pocket
  • Kimbo Embroidered Romper

Service rating : I had difficulty ordering on the website again and therefore placed a telephone order. The sales assistant I spoke with was efficient and my order arrived within the time stated.
Product: Always good quality and exactly as described

Cotton Fluted Sleeve Kaftan

• Seagrass Circular Basket Bag
  • Spa Restore Candle with Lid

Service rating : Most goods arrived within days, but candle took a month to arrive due to low stock, even though they have them in store (sadly nearest is too far away for a single purchase)
Product: Beautiful well-made kaftan

Stripe Long Cardigan

Service rating : I found the telephone service excellent; there had been a problem online re PayPal authorization but once I got speaking to customer service, everything was resolved.
Product: Looked as good in ‘real life’ as online and quality and finish was first class

Spa Bath Oil Shot Set

• Superga Leather Plimsolls
  • Spa Restore Wake Up Pulse Point Oil

Service rating : Lovely service delivered on time correct items received I’ve always been a nervous online shopper but this was a positive experience that I will try again.
Product: Amazing I travel a lot so the size is perfect I’ve recently had a brain injury so aromatherapy is an integral part of a daily self care routine. The size is also good for trying something new.I’d like the bigger sizes now. Restore is wonderful.

Seychelles Diffuser

Service rating : I found the service very efficient. I was surprised how quickly it arrived.The packaging was a little excessive but necessary to prevent any breakage.Thank you
Product: I nurse a lady in The Close in Salisbury and every time I step into her house there is this amazing smell.I was determined to get some of this , so went on line found where it had come from and ordered two. I love how the perfume is gentle, not overpowering and is constant. I know the Seychelles well ,especially La Dique, and fine the perfume evocative .Thank you.

19-Apr

Cotton Stripe Pyjama Bottoms

• Cotton Make-up Case
  • Cotton Wash Bag

Service rating : Service was excellent, arrived when promised and beautifully packed. I have a lot of things delivered from The White Company and have had no problems at all.
Product: The PJ bottoms are great and summery, light and bright. So comfy I love them.

Deep V-Neck Dress

• Linen Frill dress

Service rating : Paid for express delivery so it arrived next day. A little disappointed I had to pay to return via post office (I bought two sizes of same dress to try)
Product: I love this dress. Loose fitting but still stylish. Perfect for my holiday in the Maldives . Packs well no creases! ��

European Down Duvet 13.5 Tog

Service rating : Very good information and tracking of my order. Arrived in good condition, shame they used lots plastic bubble wrap to bulk out the the box in the box.
Product: Great quality

Lace Trim Long Nightie

Service rating : Arrived earlier than expected! Always kept up to date with delivery day, the time, and then confirmation once it has been delivered. Very reassuring.
Product: Please can you do this in more colours?! Such a comfy nightie, with adjustable straps, a good weight to the fabric which is cleverly not too heavy or too light, and the side splits for ease of movement......apparently I'm like a windmill!!

21-Apr

Santorini Oxford Pillowcase

• Santorini Flat Sheet
  • 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Deep Fitted Sheet

Service rating : Very good service and you delivered free of charge. However the problem now is the expense of sending back the sheets which are too big. My mistake.
Product: Beautiful sheet but too big. My mistake.

Pom-Pom Edge Swimsuit

Service rating : Goods arrived promptly however disappointed that the VAT was not deducted as I live in the Channel Islands so will not be using the service again.
Product: Excellent quality as I would expect from The White Company.

Bardot Neckline Stripe Top

• Straw Pom-Pom Trim Basket Bag
  • Linen Frill dress

Service rating : Overall good service. Products on the expensive side. Knitwear always ends up going bobbly which is really disappointing considering the price.
Product: Like it

20-Apr

Chiltern Thin Metal Full Length Mirror

Service rating : Would have given an excellent if the mirror had arrived when it was due to arrive but was treated very well once the confusion was discovered.
Product: Very nice mirror. Would have opted for a slightly narrower one had there been one (due to lack of wall space) but very happy with it.

Easy Iron Egyptian Cotton Flat Sheet

• 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Housewife Pillowcase

Service rating : Easy to place order. French delivery side were going to deliver when I was out so was able to change to a collection point. Well packaged
Product: Washed and ironed well to enable immediate use. Have had same sheet previously and find them very comfortable and long lasting

Charlton Oxford Pillowcase

Service rating : As usual with this company the package arrived on time and as we have a an awkward address always pleased it gets straight to me
Product: As described and a lovely feel to lie your head on