Switched On Insurance Reviews

Consumer ratings of Switched On Insurance

Feedback for www.switchedoninsurance.com/ has been compiled from 346 Customer Reviews

• 03/04/2013
  • Switched On Insurance provides innovative, great value insurance products for 'Switched on People'. These are people who have realised that mobile phone networks and high street retailers are charging way too much for mobile phone, gadget and laptop insurance, often with limited cover or inflexible terms that do not take into account peoples' active and ever changing lifestyles.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.switchedoninsurance.com/
10-Jul

Standard Cover

We now insure all our business phones through Switched On, good cover with fair T&Cs as they let you upgrade / change devices at anytime and there is no requirement to pay all 12 months premium upfront before a claim like most providers. Also the number of claims on a policy is unlimited which is a must when you have many devices covered. All round very happy with service so far.

06-Jul

25-Jun-2014

Premium Cover

Taken over 5 weeks for my claim to be processed and still nothings happened.....

Thank you for your comment. We will look into this for you urgently and come back to you.

20-Jun-2014

Standard Cover

I unfortunately was called upon to use this service and was overall very pleased with it

28-May-2014

Good price and excellent that contract is never more than 30 days

25-May-2014

Ultimate Cover

Haven't had to use the service properly yet as my phone hasn't been damaged or stolen but as Switched On provided the best service for the cheapest cost I chose them

22-May-2014

Ultimate Cover

Good so far, we will see what happens if I have to make a claim.

21-May-2014

Ultimate Cover

I was not happy with the time frame you've taken to process my claim. In the policy guidelines, you've mentioned the processing time as 2 working day. In my situation you have taken more than 2 weeks. At one point I understand you were not satisfied with the paperwork provided, but no follow up was done until I called. Even after successful submission of paperwork, it took a week for my phone to be dispatched. From the day of the confirmation of the claim, it took 3 working days which included a weekend so 5 days for the phone to reach me.

Not happy at all and there seems to be no "sense of urgency" towards attending your customers. Considering I have so much choice out there I won't be hesitating to cancel my insurance, this will be my last month.

Thank you for your comment.

Your claim has already been fully settled and your lost phone has been replaced.

We aim to deal with replacements and repairs within 3 days once your claim has been approved. In this case, that is what appears to have happening. Clearly any issues with documentation needs to be be resolved before a claim is settled.

Our products are 5 Star Defaqto Rated and our claims service is considered industry leading.

We will contact you separately to fully understand your reasons for dissatisfaction.

20-May-2014

Very easy to set up cover for Laptop. Recommended

19-May-2014

Ultimate Cover

Really helpful staff, simple process to follow online, should I ever need to make a claim I'm sure it will run as smoothly as the signing up process

16-May-2014

Ultimate Cover

Good communication with call centre operative, polite and very help full. Many thanks to her. :)

16-May-2014

Ultimate Cover

I was very pleased with the company as they were able to answer my quirey as soon as I rang.Also, they offered family members over the age of 10 cover to use the phone. This seemed to be the only company who were willing to do so.

Premium Cover

All that we needed, at a great price,,,,

Premium Cover

I have recommended insurance to friends and family. Happy with the service and the cover of my iPhone. Yet to make a claim so hopefully that service runs as smoothly as the purchasing.

Premium Cover

Bought insurance online for my laptop, documents arrived by email, price was very competitive and cheaper than other companies I looked at. Very pleased :)

Premium Cover

Haven't had to use insurance yet but bought great comprehensive cover from Switched On, so I have peace of mind that my phone is safe. Brilliant service and price!

Ultimate Cover

Great price and didn't take long to purchase as website was easy to use.

Very good service!

Ultimate Cover

My son dropped his phone and cracked the casing. Claim was approved and the phone repaired as good as new! All dealt with promptly and with courtesy and less than 1/2 the cost of Vodafone.. A phone loan service would be something I would suggest as being something really good to do. Best Wishes.

Thank you for your positive comments. Phone loan and drop in repair centres are something that we are looking at currently. Watch this space or keep in touch on twitter @switchedonpeeps.

Premium Cover

Simple, clear and most of all - great value!

Great!

Quick!

Short and sweet, just how we like our comments to be!

Ultimate Cover

Brilliant! Actually a phone insurance company that does what it says. Well Done Switched On. 10/10.

Ultimate Cover

Really pleased. Great price and importantly great cover. I dropped my phone and the claim was dealt with efficiently. I was pleasantly surprised that there is no limit to the number of claims in a year, which I have experienced before. Wish they did Car insurance! Thanks again.

08-May-2014

Premium Cover

not happy with the fact that I have given you all the information needed for a claim including IMEI number, proof of contract etc and yet you insist on a letter from the supplier to prove I have this. I have been waiting over 3 weeks for the letter from them to arrive, which is delaying the screen being fixed and making the phone not user friendly.

Thank you for your comment. We have asked our claims department to look into this for you.

07-May-2014

Standard Cover

I recently made a claim on my switched on insurance and contacted the call centre, the staff were very helpful friendly and polite