AJ Bell Youinvest Reviews

Consumer ratings of AJ Bell Youinvest

Feedback for www.youinvest.co.uk has been compiled from 2401 Customer Reviews

• 25/04/2013
  • AJ Bell Youinvest is a multi award winning provider of SIPPs (Self Invested Personal Pensions), Stocks and Shares (Investment) ISAs, Junior ISAs, Junior SIPPs and Share Dealing Accounts.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.youinvest.co.uk
27-Jan

AJ Bell Youinvest

Usually very happy with AJ Bell. They are quick to deal with issues and enquiries. Qualifications:
Why do website enhancements always seem to make the website a bit less user friendly and intuitive?
AJ Bell could be a bit more helpful in dealing with Shareholder perks, which are valued by shareholders. The response "we do not deal with these" is a bit peremptory.

Many thanks for your positive comments. We have received a lot of feedback on the new site which has been mostly positive. We are continually working to improve the site – please do let us know if you have any particular concerns. As for the shareholder perks, unfortunately as we hold all customer holdings in a pooled nominee account with the company’s registrars, we are not able to pass on shareholder benefits onto customers, as per our Terms and Conditions. We can however send you a confirmation of your holding if you would find this useful for your records or if you need to send anything to the company. If this is something that you require, please contact us and we will gladly assist.

25-Jan

AJ Bell Youinvest

Easy to use web site. People answer quickly when you contact the company with a query.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Straightforward informative website, good dealing prices for regular deals.

AJ Bell Youinvest

My No.1 wish for YouInvest is to have a low cost dividend re-investment facility.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Been good so far no reason to complain :)

AJ Bell Youinvest

I always get a prompt response to queries I raise and with one small exception (a mistake which was noted corrected and any charges refunded) the service has been exemplary throughout

AJ Bell Youinvest

Excellent website especially for buying and selling stock.

AJ Bell Youinvest

I like the valuations and the dealing and price - in fact I've recommended many people to use you - I should've ticked the box and got cash back. So I'm positive about the company generally. As a private investor with only £400k in a SIPP my main priorities are security of platform and assets followed by price of transaction. Thereafter transparency and alerts to things that I need to do, eg Corporate actions and new issues are the most important. Finally if I can assume that all my dividends are received and posted and there is no fraudster in the Corporate Actions/Dividends dept then I'm a happy bunny.

Areas for improvement would be

Better price transparency. Even in slow moving markets the indicative price is not reliable. I'm not suggesting 'nowhere near the deal price' but there does seem with some stocks a limited price feed.

Trading a UK stock over the phone when I bought the new issue through you seems ridiculous. I've got a few of these bonds like provident financial that require a phonecall to deal. If I cant do it at the press of a button I tend not to deal.

I've not learned how to get ALERTS for new issues and corporate actions. I get emails telling me I have a corporate action but even the definition 'response required' seems loosely applied. It used to mean I had rights to take up or lapse now it means I have a vote to cast if I want....

which leads me finally to a rant about technology. I spent most of my working life filtering good and bad ideas. The good ideas I let grow a bit before secondary filtering ensured projects that were expensive and driven by small interest groups or technologists got greater scrutiny. Maximum benefit, minimum inconvenience and best use of our profits. At Stocktrade we executed the first online trade through to the market maker. This was as much about marketing as it was about revenue growth. We knew most people would catch on but we let the market go ahead of us in terms of technical spend because revenues would never come through for 2-3 years. By that time the dot.com bubble had burst but the point of providing a 'mass appeal' product is to make sure your mass is there.

So what about your new playform?.....upgrading too soon to a new website that asks you to go to the old one for corporate actions. The truth is we are all too willing to move forward onto new platforms and we need to stand still and enjoy what we've got. Most technical solutions are driven by whims and fear of being outmoded. Apple mastered this built in obsolescence better than anyone else except maybe Ford in the 50's.

So rant over, I think your product is a good product, I felt you were a better home for Stocktrade than Alliance Trust - but I think they paid too much. Although we nearly floated for £120m in 2000, so £11m might be viewed as cheap. I think you'll pick off a lot of the clients from Stocktrade as Alliance will probably fail to migrate them all over successfully. I predict a very busy Spring for your client take on department and you may find a few new alliances that you hadn't considered. As a company you'll continue to grow very successfully and as a client I look forward to continued improvements to your service

Thank you for taking the time to write these comments. We are pleased that you are largely happy with our platform.

The portfolio pages uses 15 minutes delayed prices for UK stocks and, foreign securities will show the previous day’s close, as will bonds/gilts. Funds will only show the last available price as they are priced once per day.
We are currently investigating ways in which we can offer fixed interest dealing online, so that you don’t have to call us, and we hope to deliver this in the near future. But just to remind you, we don’t charge anything extra for dealing fixed interest securities over the phone.

With the corporate actions, and voting in particular, we didn’t used to offer voting using the online tool. Customers used to have to write in to us via secure message, so we see this as an enhancement. But we will review the wording for such events as ‘response required’ may be a little strong for such events.

Redirecting customers to the previous site for corporate actions isn’t ideal, and we are working on introducing that part of the site in our new world.

Thank you again for your comments, which are much appreciated.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Processes with my dealings and handles my inquires promptly and professionally.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Love the platform, love the quick response to emails, all-in-all really good! Thanks!

AJ Bell Youinvest

Very happy with a responive and caring client support team.... extremely pleased I moved my SIPP to AJ Bell

AJ Bell Youinvest

Excellent service. Does exactly what it says on the tin, with no fuss.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Website is fantastic, app needs work on the login page and holding onto textbox state. Always improving, great service, keep it up.

19-Jan-2016
Actually forgot about the missed charges on a deal, that were taken off 2 months later without any notice of the error, leaving me with a negative balance for a period of time.

Thank you for your comment. We run regular checks to ensure that our customers are being charged correctly. If we need to make any amendments due to over or under charging, then these will be made, but we apologise for any inconvenience the recent rebookings caused you.

AJ Bell Youinvest

need to have the option to reinvest dividends automatically for investors

AJ Bell Youinvest

You have made significant improvements to your android app. Please continue this good work.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Web site now much improved. Would still like to see facility to look at all purchases of a particular share. This would be useful when buying frequently in monthly amounts.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Need to keep competitive against other companies

AJ Bell Youinvest

reasonable and clear pricing, good advice on pension matters, good customer service.

AJ Bell Youinvest

No problems, have always had good service.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Straightforward and affordable dealing - exactly what I was looking for.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Good service so far, I am a relatively new customer and have been pleased with nearly all aspects of the customer service.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Overall a satisfied customer.
Positive:
* overall great pricing
* great customer support over the phone and email
* able to keep my shares if the stock gets delisted
* able to claim 20% of the tax levied on American stocks

Negative:
* the partial transfer from Royal London to my AJ Bell Sipp account always gets messed on partial transfers. Not sure who is to blame
* Corporate actions can sometime arrive quite late (especially on companies from abroad)

Thank you for your kind comments about our service. Transfers are often quite complex, please contact dealingservices@youinvest.co.uk if you want us to investigate your transfer. We issue corporate action notices as soon as we get receipt of the official notice and unfortunately this can be quite late, however we take this feedback on board.

AJ Bell Youinvest

The company oerpates an efficient service.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Good app - as ever I want lower costs.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Only provider I use that limits quotes to three per minute - very restrictive.
Dealing tickets often aren't available in good time.
Often unable to get on a trade when other providers are providing quotes.
Inflexible re transfers out of the account.

Thanks for the feedback. Other platforms may offer quotes in certain sizes that are outside the spread. We only choose to allow quotes that are at or inside the spread to come through to the platform to ensure best execution for our customers.