AJ Bell Youinvest Reviews

Consumer ratings of AJ Bell Youinvest

Feedback for www.youinvest.co.uk has been compiled from 2512 Customer Reviews

• 25/04/2013
  • AJ Bell Youinvest is a multi award winning provider of SIPPs (Self Invested Personal Pensions), Stocks and Shares (Investment) ISAs, Junior ISAs, Junior SIPPs and Share Dealing Accounts.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.youinvest.co.uk
16-Apr

AJ Bell Youinvest

Web site okay but mobile app is rubbish

07-Apr-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

Excellent value and great service. Love the new website, easy to use and very informative, also the support guys are friendly and professional.

06-Apr-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

Took me five days to buy a stock because you said within spread. Surely it's my decision what price I buy a stock at. You used to be really good when you first started and you've slowly deteriorated. Your latest update you your platform is a slight improvement but overall I still could not recommend you. I did once and it took me about 18 months to receive the promised £100 incentive.

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you are not happy with the service. Live quotes will only come through to our platform if they are at or within the spread, however you can still place a limit order outside the spread if you wish, or alternatively call our Dealing Services team to place an ‘at best’ deal over the phone. If there is anything we can assist with please contact us and we will be happy to help.

26-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

Reasonable functionality in their system. Major problem is lack of dividend reinvestment. Am considering other providers but AJ Bells high exit fees are currently holding me back - not the best reason for staying with a supplier!!

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently developing our dividend reinvestment service and plan to introduce this later in 2016. Our existing Regular Investment feature allows you to invest each month at just £1.50 per deal and may be suitable for your dividend reinvestment needs in the short term. If there is anything we can assist with please contact us and we will be happy to help.

24-Mar-2016

AVERAGE BROKERSHIP

18-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

Efficient handling of transactions and good information and customer service when needed.

18-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

Listened to my problem and manually intervened to resolve a money transfer which would have otherwise taken a week to complete. Well done A J Bell

17-Mar-2016

Easy to use

16-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

An easy to use platform and if you invest a regular payment you can increase the monthly regular purchase to incorporate the dividends you receive without any further charge.

You also have an in- depth research tool that allows you to either monitor your current portfolio or analyse future stock picks that may interest you.

12-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

I still find looking at secure messages a bit of a trial.

AJ Bell Youinvest

The dealing platform I have consistently noticed that is unreliable and too slow.

1 Quotes are too slow to generate.
2 my portfolio is prices for my equities are consistently out of sync with the actual prices which is very misleading and this has cost me money as I relied on the figures to trade.
3 sometimes you place an order and it does not execute the order which makes me loose out on the price I want to deal.

Thank you for your comments. We are working on the speed of our platform as a high priority, and we are sure you will see the benefit of this shortly.

Prices displayed in your portfolio are bid prices and are delayed by 15 minutes. When you place an order to deal you will be shown a live quote from the market, this may differ to the price shown on your portfolio as it is live and prices can change in seconds.

Online quotes are not always available from the market, their availability will depend on the size of your order relative to the amount made available by market makers and other factors such as general market conditions, when prices offered are indicative.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Very simple and clear to use

AJ Bell Youinvest

I am very pleased with the professional and prompt levels of servicerom the company. Staff are very positive and prompt in there responses. I trust the organization.

09-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

Service is good as is reliability of web site which is however not cutting edge

09-Mar-2016

AJ Bell Youinvest

The web site and mobile application are awfully slow, too slow to be a serious contender in the share dealing services area. Also sometimes no investments are shown or application or website store occur, overall a terrible service.

We are sorry that you are unhappy with the service. We are working on the speed of our platform as a high priority, and we are sure you will see the benefit of this shortly.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Was previously satisfied, but reasons for dissatisfaction include:
1 Disproportionate increase in annual SIPP fee from £0 to £100. In the last 16 years, no other broker has ever increased my annual fees or trading fees.
2 New statement format is completely illogical and I can no longer download statements to my existing spreadsheet. Every other bank and building society keeps the format standard for a reason.

Thank you for your comments. We have recently changed the display of the statement pages so that the columns are in the same order as before. We apologise if any inconvenience was caused previously.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Overall I am pleased with the service from and my experience with Youinvest. However, there was an unnecessary delay in the transfer of my 3 pension funds into a new SIPP because a) the form I downloaded from their own website was out of date and had to be resubmitted on a new form and b) one of the transfer requests was ignored (for reasons best known to AJ Bell) and was only put into action when I contacted them to see what the delay was.

Thank you for the feedback. I’m sorry that you had a poor experience with your transfer. If there are any further issues please do let us know.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Support team were very helpful with my enquiry and sorted it out quickly

AJ Bell Youinvest

Easy to use and efficient.

AJ Bell Youinvest

Good website, easy to use. Transactions straight forward.

AJ Bell Youinvest

I would have marked it as 'excellent' except for two factors:
1 - the slow assimilation of the features of the old website into the new
2 - my recent experience on applying for drawdown. Small things, but they could have been better and they stand out because my experience up to now has been excellent. . The first person I spoke to didn't manage my expectations as well as he could,, the second person I spoke to promised to send me an email he next day to say when and how much money would be transferred, but she didn't get back to me; I got a 'vanilla' letter of acknowledgement 4 days after my request arrived in AJ Bell which did alarm me slightly as it referred to tax when I had elected for a tax free lump sum only. I still don't know if further information is required of me - I can only presume not as a received an email enquiry from AJ Bell on the fifth day. It could all be smoother - why not email acknowledgement as well as sending a letter? Why not confirm that my application is ok - or are you still checking my DOB? My request was for immediate benefits - why not tell me the date/time that will be regarded as 'immediate'? From the account holder's point of view this can be a slightly worrying time and a bit more communication would be reassuring.
In the overall scheme of things, these are minor frustrations. My usual experience of AJ Bell staff is that they are extremely helpful and effective.

AJ Bell Youinvest

The system is unacceptably slow some of the time, otherwise I have no major complaint

AJ Bell Youinvest

I'm happy with the improvements to the on-line service

Great website,great service

AJ Bell Youinvest

Very good. Could aim for reply same day?