Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1411 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com
03-Jul

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : delivery was delayed but i appreciated call to apologise and inform.
Product: Does what it claims to do very well! A little overpriced in my opinion and the on/off switch gets uncomfortably hot for my fingers.

28-Jun

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Quick and efficient service
Product: Unfortunately the change in design is not good as the base moves when moving the arm. It was a lot easier for my husband to use the former design which only needed one hand to reposition the light

Great to hear you’ve opted for a second HD light. I understand the arm on your new light is not moving quite as freely as your first light arm. We would be happy to swap it for you if you’d like. This is one of those variables where some prefer it loose and others don’t.

Helen Fearnley
Customer Services Manager
20-Jun

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : service, such as delivery, as promised. Other services to early to make a comment
Product: Little time to use so far but initial assessment is it makes a positive difference

17-Jun-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Very efficient and friendly company. My lamp arrived beautifully packed and ready to go.
Product: Does everything it says it wil and is very well built. I am delighted to be able to read in complete comfort.

13-Jun-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS - DIMMER

Service rating : first class service arrived within 2 days
Product: Not suitable for our room passed on to our son
Will be ordering floor model

12-Jun-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : The products are of the highest quality; and they are really nice people to deal with.
Product: Wonderfully clear, natural light; precisely directed.

09-Jun-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : My second purchase from a reliable company.
Product: Superb, well built lamp, giving a bright white light combined with the economy of LED.

31-May-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY - DIMMER

Service rating : Swift, efficient delivery. Well packed and easy to use straight from the sturdy box.
Product: First rate light. Easy to use and comfortable for the eyes.

27-May-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Good, speedy service.
Product: Super product, if rather expensive. Bought for elderly Mum and it really helps with her eyesight when reading.

26-May-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Excellent service, products very well described on the website, quick delivery.
Product: A great light, high quality of light and very adjustable for position and brightness.

26-May-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Very responsive
Product: Literally brilliant!

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Product arrived much sooner than expected and the packaging is excellent.
Product: The light is fantastic, only the price stops the rating being excellent.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : My daughter ordered the lamp on the Tuesday it arrived Thursday.
Product: Just the job! I could actually do my Sudoku without putting my specs on. It's brilliant, I was a little hesitant about spending that much money on a table lamp, but I am really glad my daughter persuaded me to.

no thanks

13-May-2015

Item as described. Prompt delivery

12-May-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Well packed. Quick delivery
Product: The light is very good, but the on/off button would be far more convenient if it was on the base instead of up by the light.

11-May-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Prompt delivery.
Product: Good design and ideal for reading.

09-May-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Very pleased with prompt reply to my query about a drooping light-head, and subsequent replacement of the complete light.

07-May-2015

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Good to be able to speak to a real person and not a series of messages
Product: Not cheap! but easily the best.

01-May-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Excellent service

29-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Excellent advice and customer service.
Product: Only had it 4 days but seems to be everything it promised it would be.

22-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Fabulous. One of the very best
Product: Fantastic

21-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Better than expected....
Product: Superfast service and a good solid light that does what is promised.

15-Apr-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Easy to order and prompt delivery - packing was good.
Product: Ordered for my bedroom bedside light to replace my loved anglepoise of 30 years now that my eyesight if not what it was.
I ike the black/black. I can tell that it is a high quality product that is well made.
I like its looks and the weight - it feels very stable. I like the way you are able to swivel it from side to side. Pen holders are good but I can anticipate their will be a trail of biro circling the base eventually.
On balance, I've decided to keep it but there are quite a few things I am disappointed with. The led light is very cold which makes my bedroom much less cosy - I didn't anticipate this but now I have such an expensive bulb inside it I will have to live with it. I would have liked a wider beam angle as, when I am in the middle of the bed reading, the light beam doesn't 'stretch' over to the middle even thought it sits on a table very close to the bed. I've also had to lower the head (which reduces the angel more) so that the bulb doesn't shine in my line of eye-sight as the bulb sits so close to the edge of the hood - perhaps a slightly longer hood would have helped here. I don't like the 'back-to-front' plug as it is on a 3-way multi-plug and I can't fit other plugs in because it takes up their space.
I think the spare bulb was far too expensive at £39 on top of the price of the light (and potential postage). I bought it just in case as I didn't know if I could buy one locally that would fit. I was going to throw out my angle poise but am going to put it in the loft just in case. I think the light probably works best if you are reading sitting upright in an arm chair.

Thanks so much for all your feedback. It was lovely to talk to you on the phone today. A diffuser lens is on its way to you which will help increase the beam spread, and if that does not do the trick you might like to consider trying our new Varifocus light for an even wider beam spread. It's important to us that the light is right for you, and I'll be in touch again soon to see how you are getting on.

Helen Fearnley
Customer Services Manager
11-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Sorted a major problem out with our (expensive) product purchase but they should have made some effort to compensate me for the effort I made to sort their product design problem out.
Product: Works well now (first two had a major problem) but far too expensive.

Thanks for your feedback. Sometimes things do go wrong, and of course when it does all we can do is our best to rectify the problem. Sadly, nothing is ever perfect. I’m glad that you appreciated the courtesy light we gave you during the repair so you were not without a light. I’ve sent you a small token by way of a thank you for your patience.

Alex Pratt