Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1390 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com
22-Apr

Service rating : Fabulous. One of the very best
Product: Fantastic

21-Apr

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Better than expected....
Product: Superfast service and a good solid light that does what is promised.

15-Apr

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Easy to order and prompt delivery - packing was good.
Product: Ordered for my bedroom bedside light to replace my loved anglepoise of 30 years now that my eyesight if not what it was.
I ike the black/black. I can tell that it is a high quality product that is well made.
I like its looks and the weight - it feels very stable. I like the way you are able to swivel it from side to side. Pen holders are good but I can anticipate their will be a trail of biro circling the base eventually.
On balance, I've decided to keep it but there are quite a few things I am disappointed with. The led light is very cold which makes my bedroom much less cosy - I didn't anticipate this but now I have such an expensive bulb inside it I will have to live with it. I would have liked a wider beam angle as, when I am in the middle of the bed reading, the light beam doesn't 'stretch' over to the middle even thought it sits on a table very close to the bed. I've also had to lower the head (which reduces the angel more) so that the bulb doesn't shine in my line of eye-sight as the bulb sits so close to the edge of the hood - perhaps a slightly longer hood would have helped here. I don't like the 'back-to-front' plug as it is on a 3-way multi-plug and I can't fit other plugs in because it takes up their space.
I think the spare bulb was far too expensive at £39 on top of the price of the light (and potential postage). I bought it just in case as I didn't know if I could buy one locally that would fit. I was going to throw out my angle poise but am going to put it in the loft just in case. I think the light probably works best if you are reading sitting upright in an arm chair.

Thanks so much for all your feedback. It was lovely to talk to you on the phone today. A diffuser lens is on its way to you which will help increase the beam spread, and if that does not do the trick you might like to consider trying our new Varifocus light for an even wider beam spread. It's important to us that the light is right for you, and I'll be in touch again soon to see how you are getting on.

Helen Fearnley
Customer Services Manager
11-Apr

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Sorted a major problem out with our (expensive) product purchase but they should have made some effort to compensate me for the effort I made to sort their product design problem out.
Product: Works well now (first two had a major problem) but far too expensive.

Thanks for your feedback. Sometimes things do go wrong, and of course when it does all we can do is our best to rectify the problem. Sadly, nothing is ever perfect. I’m glad that you appreciated the courtesy light we gave you during the repair so you were not without a light. I’ve sent you a small token by way of a thank you for your patience.

11-Apr

Service rating : Delivered as promised
Product: Seems good. Getting used to it and the angle of the light

08-Apr

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK

Service rating : Arrived in double quick time
Product: Light everything I expected

04-Apr-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Delivery in very good time- all fine
Product: My wife is enjoyng her lamp

02-Apr-2015

Service rating : Prompt reply to query and friendly manner
Product: Does what it says it will

28-Mar-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : delivery arranged to suit me
Product: excellent light

25-Mar-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Great service and great products

21-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : The order arrived quickly on the date promised, packed securely, ready to lift out and plug in.
Product: My mother, aged 93, suffers from macular degeneration. She had started to go to bed to read the paper, as she has a Serious Reader bedside light. She is ecstatic to be able to read her paper upstairs, or down as the whim takes her. Other spotlights just were not up to the job!

21-Mar-2015

Service rating : Very polite and efficient service
Product: Very good for my needlework

19-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

I would say that the lights are very good, but we were disappointed that the order was filled wrongly and although the response was quick, we had to stay in all day for two separate visits, one to deliver the correct order and one to collect the incorrrect one, with no indication of a time slot. Presumably this is an issue for the delivery firm used by Serious Readers.

Sorry. Our fault. The carrier did let us down but we made the original mistake ourselves by hand picking the wrong light in the first place. Thankfully it is now all sorted. Your patience with us has been greatly appreciated.

Helen
Customer Services Manager
18-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Efficient and kept me informed about progress once I had ordered a product.
Product: This high definition light is excellent. I can once again read and do jigsaws which my eye condition had prevented me from doing.

14-Mar-2015

Service rating : VERY GOOD SERVICE
Product: Great product - although quite expensive!

11-Mar-2015

• THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Delivery within 48 hrs after ordering on-line on a Sunday. Difficult to beat that!
Product: Is it worth the money? Without exhaustive comparison testing, who can say? All I know is that when I try to read with room lights as before I quickly turn my SR lamp back on again. And so does my wife.

10-Mar-2015

Service rating : I am outraged by this demand
Product: I am irritated by being forced to write a comment

11-Mar-2015
Feedback was optional but having agreed to provide it I found that I could not send the questionnaire back without adding a comment -- which I did not wish to do.

I am delighted that you are pleased with your light. Your feedback focuses us on how we can get better at what we do. I’m so sorry if you thought you had to reply. Feedback is very welcome but entirely optional.

10-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Prompt and efficient.
Product: It is very expensive for what it is!

08-Mar-2015

Service rating : Great service
Product: Really like the product

07-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Ordering was simple. Packaging was superb! But I was unimpressed with the quality of the light - I somehow expected it to be more of a daylight quality.
Product: It is black with a mahogany piece in the middle. It is not quite what I expected for the money, although it does dim quite nicely. I think I could probably have got something as good from B&Q or IKEA for a fraction of the price.

It is very important to us that you love your light because we
believe that quality light seriously enriches lives. If you don’t think your light is better than something cheap in B&Q please send it back for a full refund. We realise that it's impossible to please all the people all of the time.

07-Mar-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very good description of product, and well packaged. Good explanation of assembly of item
Product: Very pleased, light is concentrated and very bright!

06-Mar-2015

Service rating : Good
Product: Really nice but a bit pricey

27-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : You were able to deliver the light promptly when I was over in Ireland with my mother. You were also flexible in extending the warranty from 30 days to 60 days in case it had not arrived by that weekend.
Product: My mother has noted that the lamp has made a difference to my mother's reading and she is able to adjust the angle according to her needs. it was a little tricky to turn on and adjust the intensity of the light at first but we got the hang of it.

26-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very good service, including a phone call to the company to check a specification.
Delivery quicker than expected (minor point for me). When I have enough money I'll buy another floorstanding, maybe LED but probably halogen, lamp.

I bought the lamp using a Serious Readers offer of £50 off the advertised price, which made the difference for me. These lamps are expensive! But given my needs (painting) and the delivered performance of the Alex lamp, I think it is absolutely worth paying more than for something from the offer in your local stores.
Product: I need the lamp for watercolour painting (much much more demanding than only reading). With my technique I need to see small areas and edges of paint very precisely in order to to use the brush well. For an LED lamp the colour rendition approximates very well to daylight. Certainly good enough to work using this lamp in the evening and also working on the same painting in daylight, as the eye/brain (at least mine) adjusts to daylight and to this lamp easily. The brightness as well as the colour balance is important.
The lamp is well made.

24-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Exceptional. Ease of Order - delivery time and packaging could not be faulted.
Product: Exceptional. A quite fantastic reading light - easy to adjust with the power switch in exactly the right place. Should have bought one years ago! Thank You.