Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1250 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very helpful staff.
Product: Very good - but would have liked a wider visual area. Very good for reading newspaper in the evening.

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Very good service
Product: superb, does the job it was intended for, very pleased

21-Nov

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : the best packaged product I have received in ages
Product: expensive

Product: Light well made

18-Nov

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Delivery excellent
Product: Does what it says on the can

16-Nov

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

very nice courtesy call to confirm lamp had arrived as courier had not notified of delivery

16-Nov

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Confusion regarding delivery information, otherwise very good

14-Nov

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : The lamp arrived very quickly, in excellent packaging.
Product: We purchased the light as an 80th present for my mother in law, who has MD
she loves it and finds she's now able to do her crossword, without using her magnifying glass.
So as a family we are delighted, anything that make life simpler for her, has to be good. Thank you

13-Nov

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Very helpful in helping me make decision regarding which model I wished to purchase. Light arrived sooner than expected
Product: As an artist and avid reader I was devastated to hear that I had macular degeneration. This light has given me new hope as I see colour much more clearly. I can position it by my easel and at the same time light my palette which is really important. Here's to my masterpiece.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Problems with PayPal payment were sorted out politely and efficiently by telephone.

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : The staff were friendly and helpful and from the time of placing an order I was kept well informed of my delivery status.
Product: I had looked at many floor lamps, but decided on this one due mainly to the reviews that I had read. I was a little hesitant in ordering due to the cost, but have not been disappointed in the product. Hopefully, it will last for many years and repay itself.

THE ALEX LIGHTWEIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Delivered as promised
Product: I am very satisfied with this light

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : First rate service. Superb quality.
Product: Beautiful design. Love the way I can regulate the beam with the dimmer.

09-Nov

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : delivery instructions not followed but got it to me in the end.
Product: so far so good - obviously better quality of light than ordinary lights

08-Nov

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Good service and information supplied with light. Publicity needs to give better justification for cost of these lamps (see below).
(You may like to know that the packaging arrived with a huge dent in it, despite the 'fragile' label - luckily the lamp was undamaged but it didn't look as if the package had been carefully handled).
Product: I've been forced to give a rating in order to submit this feedback, but it doesn't reflect the situation because there isn't a category for 'disappointed'. There's nothing wrong the lamp - it's well made, it's good that it's British made, I like the design and it works - but the only thing that feels truly special or different about it is the price. As I now have it in the house and it's ok, I'll keep it but I wouldn't get another or recommend it because the light seems no better than lamps I've bought for FAR less money. I had expected the light to be much brighter and the dimmer to go from bright-to-dim - instead it starts at an 'ok' level and the dimmer takes it to very-dim-indeed. I've received your publicity for years and have never quite felt I understood what's special enough to warrant the big price tag... Curiosity made me take the plunge, but now I finally own one I'm not much the wiser. Sorry not to be more positive - lots of people clearly feel differently.

Many thanks for your feedback. It was lovely to speak with you on the phone today. It's important to us that the light is right for you so I'm glad to have been of help in arranging to swap your light for a brighter model.

Helen
Customer Services Manager
08-Nov

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

We now have 4 lights. You must be doing something right.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Delivered within 3 days. Amazing service.
Product: Perfect for sewing in the evening.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very impressive service and rapid delivery.
Product: Delighted with the high definition light.

05-Nov-2014
I am very impressed with the product. For my art work I could do with more of a spread light. Is this possible?

Many thanks for your feedback. I am glad you are so pleased with your light. As per our conversation this morning, you will find a diffuser lens in your welcome pack which will increase the spread of the light for you. Just let me know if you need any more help.

Maggie

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : The light was delivered promptly in perfect condition in excellent packaging. Serious Readers provide a good service to their customers.
Product: The light provides excellent illumination when reading or doing other work. I am very pleased with my Serious Readers table light. Also, the instructions are clear.

03-Nov-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : The light arrived very quickly, was well packed and the instructions clear
Product: The light is a bit too concentrated. I mainly need it for my computer so need to light more than just one spot

Many thanks for your feedback. I have today posted you a diffuser lens. This is easy to fit (instructions included)and will increase the spread of the light making it easier for you to see the whole keyboard. Do contact me if you need any further help.

Maggie
01-Nov-2014

THE ALEX LIGHTWEIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

expensive

01-Nov-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Great product, arrived as promised. Very good.
Product: Love it ....allows me to do my sewing even on the darkest of evenings.

30-Oct-2014

Service rating : Very efficient
Product: So far, so good

27-Oct-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY - DIMMER

Service rating : There was a delay in receiving the lamp but Serious Readers phoned me to let me know the nature of the problem and an expected delivery date. I received it on the stated date.
Product: I bought the Alex light for my wife after the optician told her that she needs a strong bright light for reading. She finds this light very good and can now read much more clearly.