Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1224 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com

Service rating : Not as bright as I thought it would be
Product: See above, disappointed

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK

Service rating : The delivery of the package was undamaged and arrived at the time given. It was well packed and easy to undo and the lamp was assembled and ready to use.
Product: My wife who has AMD the lamp has improve her reading ability. The engineering and operation is very good. I would say the lamp will last a life time.

22-Oct

ELLIOT LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Ordered and paid for over internet so no contact with humans! I did read reviews and watch videos and they made me finally decide to part with a lot of my hard-earned money. The delivery company dropped the lamp over a 5 foot fence because I wasn't in! Fortunately the excellent packing protected it.
Product: I'm glad I bought it. Reading is so much easier on my eyes and colours more natural.

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you found the reviews and video helpful and that you are pleased with your light.
I am so sorry to hear that you experienced delivery problems. Getting our lights delivered to our own high standards is not easy, and our aim is to have our own liveried delivery vans in the future.

Maggie White
Customer Service
21-Oct

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Comprehensive information on the website including YouTube clips made ordering online easy.
Product: Although in my opinion extremely expensive, the quality of light from this lamp is second to none and therefore well worth the extra money.

20-Oct

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very prompt, courteous service
Product: I ummed and aaahd before ordering this light as it is very expensive. From day one, however, it has been an absolute boon for my wife who is confined to bed with serious illness and cataracts. The clarity of the light enables her to read much more than previously and helps her when changing her dressings. The dimmer feature very helpful in the early hours.
Highly recommended

18-Oct

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY - DIMMER

Very efficient. I was called by a lovely lady who had tracked my light and let me know when it would arrive in a France, I was doubtful of the date but sure enough it arrived on time and it as a great delivery price. Bit early to comment on light as we have only just opened it but all I spoke to on the phone for advice couldn't have been more helpful

17-Oct

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Brilliant light - has removed eye-strain considerably.
Product: Helps no end with embroidery. Great light. Attractive to look at. Solid and well made.

16-Oct

Service rating : No problems
Product: Very pleased with product

15-Oct

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Does what it says on the tin and excellent product

15-Oct

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Excellent response to order and super delivery.
Product: Great item. Had one for a couple of years and this improved version with no floor switch is even better.

14-Oct

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Website was clear and easy to use; delivery was completed in a few days and quicker than forecast.
Product: An excellent product and every bit as good as advertised

10-Oct

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : After ordering expected to wait for days, but the light arrived a few days later. It was very well packed.
Product: Wish I had purchased the light before, has helped me to see my needle work so much better without straining my eyes.

10-Oct

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

fast delivery, great service

09-Oct

Service rating : excellent
Product: excellent

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

The light arrived very quickly and exceeded our expectations

• THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Serious Readers were very helpful when I rang and arranged delivery to fit around my holiday absence. The packaging had obviously taken a bashing when the items arrived and had done its job of protecting the goods which were unharmed. Thank you for that as well Serious Reader.
Product: This light stands next to my reading chair in my study and is proving to be a delight. My work is so much easier and the strain of reading textbooks, not just eye strain but mental effort, is vastly reduced simply by virtue of being able to see the text properly. The colour of the light is spot on and the dimmer makes adjustment of brightness to suit my eyes easy. Great product

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : quickly and efficiently delivered
Product: Superb product

02-Oct-2014

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Excellent service

01-Oct-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - NICKEL

Service rating : Item received with many thanks. Dispatched and delivered way ahead of schedule, well packaged and came as ordered and shown on website, so I'm absolutely pleased and will recommend company to others. A+++++++++++++++++++++++
Product: Very sturdy and well made, the type of lamp built to last and it's proven that so far with a purchase made from AlexLight/Serious Readers years ago and it's still in great condition.

26-Sep-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : They do what it says on the tin.
Product: Expensive, but you get what you pay for!
Very good illumination for piano work.
Excellent construction. Suspect spare bulbs are too expensive - will source elsewhere.

Many thanks for your feedback; I am so glad the light is working well for you. The bulbs for the High Definition are patented technology so you will not be able to buy the exact same bulb in high street shops, so we recommend you come back to us when you need spares. We do have a special offer of buy one, get one half price for £19.42. I wish you many happy hours of piano playing with your light.

Maggie White
Customer Service
25-Sep-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very helpful and courteous phone staff. Easy ordering system.
My only (minor) gripe is that the special discount offers after a purchase are only valid for seven days. Ideally a month or two would be more reasonable.
Product: Superb quality and excellent design. Worth also noting the excellent and comprehensive packaging design. Expensive but worth it.

23-Sep-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - NICKEL

Service rating : best source for eye-friendly reading lamps
Product: excellent adjustable lighting.

20-Sep-2014

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / MAHOGANY

Service rating : A good product, presented and packaged well and delivered in good time
Product: A useful reading light that looks attractive too.

19-Sep-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very efficient service. Product arrived within 2 days exactly on time.
Product: An excellent stylish and efficient product.

18-Sep-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK

Service rating : Very reliable
Product: Our 4th purchase, this one for sister in law with failing sight. Sure it will help her a lot.