Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1673 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com
21-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Good info on web site.Quick delivery and well packed.
Product: I suffer from AMD.Have only used it briefly to date, but makes reading far less of a struggle than previously

16-May

Service rating : Delivered promptly as advised
Product: It is very good quality and is excellent for bedside reading

08-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : The lady I spoke to in customer services gave helpful advice to my queries before purchasing the light. The packaging of the light, delivery and service were all excellent and the product arrived when expected.
Product: The light has made a big difference in enabling me to read and perform tasks requiring close vision more easily. I'm very happy with my new light.

Many thanks for your kind feedback. It is great to know our advice was so helpful prior to purchasing your light and we are so pleased to hear how much of a difference your light has made.

Julie
07-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very pleased with the product- for my mother with some signs of macular degeneration. Could improve delivery. The tracking site showed it was out for delivery on 30 April so waited in all day. Actually delivered on 3 May!
Product: see comments above on the product

So glad to hear your mother is pleased with her light, however sorry to hear you experienced a delivery problem. Getting our product delivered to our own high standards is not easy, and our aim is to have our own liveried delivery vans.

05-May-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

1st rate company with good delivery times

03-May-2016

ELLIOT LIGHT - TABLE - WHITE

Very responsive, quick reply to my query and very fast delivery.

27-Apr-2016

27-Apr-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : It arrived on time and was easy to set up. This was to be expected for this premium product however.
Product: The dimmer wheel, though, only starts dimming when turned some way round, not that I really need this feature. I would have preferred a lower energy light but have been pleased with the brightness and quality of the light so far.

23-Apr-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Very professional service.
Product: Very pleased and the light is excellent thanks!

23-Apr-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Good service and will use again if I decide to buy another reading light.
Product: High quality product that didn't have to be assembled.

22-Apr-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Happy with the service
Product: Happy with the product

22-Apr-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

This is my second lamp from you. The first was borrowed by my seriously-I'll sister-in-law. I think I bought the first one about ten years ago and is still on the original lamp

20-Apr-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : It came quick and fine.
Product: It looks a really well made item. The light is good I'm sure for most purposes, though I had hoped for my close work on my stamp collection it might be a bit brighter. Also the glasses holder, which I could like, allows the glasses to slip off either side of it very easily. Nonetheless the lamp is a great improvement on existing lights I have.

Thanks for your feedback. I know that my colleague Josh has been in touch with you and has sent you a different bulb to try - I hope that does the trick for you. Do let us know if you need any further help, and enjoy your light!

09-Apr-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : very happy with service -items ready much sooner than I was led to believe on ordering but this worked out fine.
Product: debated for a couple of years whether to buy as expensive but glad I have !

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK

Very poor delivery service

I am so sorry to hear you experienced a delivery problem. Getting our product delivered to our own high standards is not easy, and our aim is to have our own liveried delivery vans. I know that our carrier upgraded your delivery to a pre-12 noon slot which I hope helped. Enjoy your light!

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Online ordering was straightforward, delivery prompt within a few days and the packaging, instructions and documentation first class.
Product: The High Definition Light is all that it claims to be, beautifully made, high quality and it provides light that is excellent for reading.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Delivered promptly and well packed.
Product: I bought this after having previously tried out a similar lamp owned by a friend, so it was up to my expectations.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : I leave a comment as requested.
Product: Ihave no comment.

06-Apr-2016

Delivery quick and efficent

06-Apr-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : I was surprised at the very long delivery time.
Product: Haven't used it much yet.

02-Apr-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

the order has not been delivered not followed by the company absolutely nothing very poor customer care.

Thanks for letting us know. I saw your note and am replying to you on Sunday from the middle of my family holiday in Morocco. Very sorry to see that there has been a glitch with the delivery of your Serious reading light. We try everything to get this right but glitches do occasionally happen, no matter who we rely upon to get your reading light from our care into your hands. I've asked one of the team to get straight onto this when they get back to work first thing on Monday morning. Thanks for being patient with us.

Alex Pratt
Founder
30-Mar-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Read comments re product.
Product: Have already bought one light so recently purchased a second unit.
Disappointed to find that I cannot lift the plastic shroud to release the pen and spec holding brackets.

The first unit purchased allows the easy removal or replacement of these two holding arms.

Reluctant to use excessive force - any suggestions

I haven't changed anything in the design of this aspect of your reading light so it will likely be that the parts are a little stiffer on this particular light than on your other one. We do have a video that shows how to remove the accessory holders which I will make sure we send to you on Monday morning. It should simply be a case of pulling upwards on both accessory arms together at the same time, which will release the locking ring.

Alex Pratt
Founder
27-Mar-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Was anxious about long lead time, and queried it. VERY prompt and helpful reply, and they did exactly what they said they'd do.
Product: Obviously, just started using it, but failing elderly eyesight was making the reading of Greek footnotes a frustrating, magnifying glass job. No more - brilliant.

25-Mar-2016

Service rating : Well satisfied
Product: Every bit as good as promised

25-Mar-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Excellent service, the lamp arrived much sooner than expected.
Product: Beautiful lamp, great quality.