Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1400 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com
15-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Product arrived much sooner than expected and the packaging is excellent.
Product: The light is fantastic, only the price stops the rating being excellent.

15-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : My daughter ordered the lamp on the Tuesday it arrived Thursday.
Product: Just the job! I could actually do my Sudoku without putting my specs on. It's brilliant, I was a little hesitant about spending that much money on a table lamp, but I am really glad my daughter persuaded me to.

15-May-2015
no thanks

13-May

Item as described. Prompt delivery

12-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Well packed. Quick delivery
Product: The light is very good, but the on/off button would be far more convenient if it was on the base instead of up by the light.

11-May

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Prompt delivery.
Product: Good design and ideal for reading.

09-May

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Very pleased with prompt reply to my query about a drooping light-head, and subsequent replacement of the complete light.

07-May-2015

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Good to be able to speak to a real person and not a series of messages
Product: Not cheap! but easily the best.

01-May-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Excellent service

29-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Excellent advice and customer service.
Product: Only had it 4 days but seems to be everything it promised it would be.

22-Apr-2015

Service rating : Fabulous. One of the very best
Product: Fantastic

21-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Better than expected....
Product: Superfast service and a good solid light that does what is promised.

15-Apr-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Easy to order and prompt delivery - packing was good.
Product: Ordered for my bedroom bedside light to replace my loved anglepoise of 30 years now that my eyesight if not what it was.
I ike the black/black. I can tell that it is a high quality product that is well made.
I like its looks and the weight - it feels very stable. I like the way you are able to swivel it from side to side. Pen holders are good but I can anticipate their will be a trail of biro circling the base eventually.
On balance, I've decided to keep it but there are quite a few things I am disappointed with. The led light is very cold which makes my bedroom much less cosy - I didn't anticipate this but now I have such an expensive bulb inside it I will have to live with it. I would have liked a wider beam angle as, when I am in the middle of the bed reading, the light beam doesn't 'stretch' over to the middle even thought it sits on a table very close to the bed. I've also had to lower the head (which reduces the angel more) so that the bulb doesn't shine in my line of eye-sight as the bulb sits so close to the edge of the hood - perhaps a slightly longer hood would have helped here. I don't like the 'back-to-front' plug as it is on a 3-way multi-plug and I can't fit other plugs in because it takes up their space.
I think the spare bulb was far too expensive at £39 on top of the price of the light (and potential postage). I bought it just in case as I didn't know if I could buy one locally that would fit. I was going to throw out my angle poise but am going to put it in the loft just in case. I think the light probably works best if you are reading sitting upright in an arm chair.

Thanks so much for all your feedback. It was lovely to talk to you on the phone today. A diffuser lens is on its way to you which will help increase the beam spread, and if that does not do the trick you might like to consider trying our new Varifocus light for an even wider beam spread. It's important to us that the light is right for you, and I'll be in touch again soon to see how you are getting on.

Helen Fearnley
Customer Services Manager
11-Apr-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Sorted a major problem out with our (expensive) product purchase but they should have made some effort to compensate me for the effort I made to sort their product design problem out.
Product: Works well now (first two had a major problem) but far too expensive.

Thanks for your feedback. Sometimes things do go wrong, and of course when it does all we can do is our best to rectify the problem. Sadly, nothing is ever perfect. I’m glad that you appreciated the courtesy light we gave you during the repair so you were not without a light. I’ve sent you a small token by way of a thank you for your patience.

Alex Pratt
Founder
11-Apr-2015

Service rating : Delivered as promised
Product: Seems good. Getting used to it and the angle of the light

08-Apr-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK

Service rating : Arrived in double quick time
Product: Light everything I expected

04-Apr-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Delivery in very good time- all fine
Product: My wife is enjoyng her lamp

02-Apr-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Prompt reply to query and friendly manner
Product: Does what it says it will

28-Mar-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : delivery arranged to suit me
Product: excellent light

25-Mar-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Great service and great products

21-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : The order arrived quickly on the date promised, packed securely, ready to lift out and plug in.
Product: My mother, aged 93, suffers from macular degeneration. She had started to go to bed to read the paper, as she has a Serious Reader bedside light. She is ecstatic to be able to read her paper upstairs, or down as the whim takes her. Other spotlights just were not up to the job!

21-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Very polite and efficient service
Product: Very good for my needlework

19-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

I would say that the lights are very good, but we were disappointed that the order was filled wrongly and although the response was quick, we had to stay in all day for two separate visits, one to deliver the correct order and one to collect the incorrrect one, with no indication of a time slot. Presumably this is an issue for the delivery firm used by Serious Readers.

Sorry. Our fault. The carrier did let us down but we made the original mistake ourselves by hand picking the wrong light in the first place. Thankfully it is now all sorted. Your patience with us has been greatly appreciated.

Helen
Customer Services Manager
18-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Efficient and kept me informed about progress once I had ordered a product.
Product: This high definition light is excellent. I can once again read and do jigsaws which my eye condition had prevented me from doing.

14-Mar-2015

Service rating : VERY GOOD SERVICE
Product: Great product - although quite expensive!