Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1368 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com
27-Feb

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : You were able to deliver the light promptly when I was over in Ireland with my mother. You were also flexible in extending the warranty from 30 days to 60 days in case it had not arrived by that weekend.
Product: My mother has noted that the lamp has made a difference to my mother's reading and she is able to adjust the angle according to her needs. it was a little tricky to turn on and adjust the intensity of the light at first but we got the hang of it.

26-Feb

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very good service, including a phone call to the company to check a specification.
Delivery quicker than expected (minor point for me). When I have enough money I'll buy another floorstanding, maybe LED but probably halogen, lamp.

I bought the lamp using a Serious Readers offer of £50 off the advertised price, which made the difference for me. These lamps are expensive! But given my needs (painting) and the delivered performance of the Alex lamp, I think it is absolutely worth paying more than for something from the offer in your local stores.
Product: I need the lamp for watercolour painting (much much more demanding than only reading). With my technique I need to see small areas and edges of paint very precisely in order to to use the brush well. For an LED lamp the colour rendition approximates very well to daylight. Certainly good enough to work using this lamp in the evening and also working on the same painting in daylight, as the eye/brain (at least mine) adjusts to daylight and to this lamp easily. The brightness as well as the colour balance is important.
The lamp is well made.

24-Feb

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Exceptional. Ease of Order - delivery time and packaging could not be faulted.
Product: Exceptional. A quite fantastic reading light - easy to adjust with the power switch in exactly the right place. Should have bought one years ago! Thank You.

24-Feb

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

This is my second lamp from serious readers. The first one must have lasted a
decade with heavy use. So glad to receive the new one.

20-Feb

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Web site helpful when deciding which model to purchase.
Product: Elegant, robust and and entirely meets my needs for reading.

20-Feb

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : First Class service. I was very impressed that they could deliver on a specific day; for my husband's birthday. The whole process of ordering went very smoothly.
Product: I shall never hear my husband complaining about lack of light when reading. He is delighted with the lamp.

18-Feb

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Good service
Product: Disappointed to have paid full price 7 days ago and today received a brochure with offer £100 off price not the best way to treat a customer !

19-Feb-2015
I am very impressed with the product and the level of service is superb.

We try to look after our customers with special timed offers when we can. The offer was to your wife who was an existing customer. I believe you ordered under your own name and were therefore not recognised as an existing customer. Now that we understand, we agree that you should benefit from the existing customer special offer.

Alex Pratt
Founder
13-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : I thought the repair service was efficient and good value
Product: I have been wanting a good table lamp for some time and this is first rate

12-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Quick delivery- fast service. Clear instructions and easy to use.
Product: Excellent quality- reading is a pleasure.

10-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Delivered in 36 hours! Excellent!
Product: Looks good and provides a great light for reading

10-Feb-2015

Service rating : Fab
Product: I bought it for my husband who was beginning to read less as he struggled even with an central overhead light at 100w equivalent. He is thrilled with it and is often to be found reading in the living room now and the television is not so heavily used!

09-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Very good service from maggie in effecting a repair of my Alexlight. Whole process from collection to repair and return handled with exemplary professionalism
Product: Early days but initial impressions favourable. However time will tell whether premium over my standard Alex light was worth it as I use both in different rooms

07-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Excellent no quibble repair service. Prompt, efficient collection and re-delivery.
Staff who dealt with the problem very helpful.
Product: Product excellent for purpose.
I've rated overall as good only because I think they are a bit expensive.
Nevertheless we now have 4 !

07-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Good delivery with no problem.
Product: It is much comfortable and convenient to read now whilst my husband wants to watch TV with the wall lights on.

06-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Very quick delivery. Packaging good
Product: I purchased a High Definition table lamp for my husband who has AMD & loves reading. He is very pleased with it & says it helps him enormously with reading in bed. It gives direct light & can be positioned to where needed. Although a bit expensive, we are really pleased with purchase because it does what is described.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : All very professional and prompt; well-packaged, etc
Product: Happy with the product - does what it says on the tin: looks like high quality workmanship and definitely makes reading easier. No buyer's remorse here!

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Remarkably prompt delivery and excellently packaged.
Product: Meets all expectations.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Top quality service all round, speedy delivery and superbly packaged,
Product: As expected top quality in every respect, very satisfied with light output, a real boost to my reading pleasure.

02-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY - DIMMER

Service rating : Quick delivery, well packaged and ready to use immediately. I received regular updates on delivery status also which was a big help.
Product: This is a top quality, well engineered product and looks very stylish.

31-Jan-2015

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Excellent

28-Jan-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : The web site was easy to navigate and order just what we required. Light delivered within 2 days. Excellent
Product: Makes reading easier and a great delight

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : My order was delivered promptly in excellent packaging.
Product: This light is exactly what I need for reafing. It is also very effective as adjustable mood lighting.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Speedy delivery.
Product: This light provides a much better reading experience than any other I've used.

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Excellent in every way. It arrived sooner than expected and the information provided was clear and very useful. 10 out of 10
Product: The light work perfectly and is exactly what I hoped it would be.