Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1381 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Great service and great products

21-Mar

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : The order arrived quickly on the date promised, packed securely, ready to lift out and plug in.
Product: My mother, aged 93, suffers from macular degeneration. She had started to go to bed to read the paper, as she has a Serious Reader bedside light. She is ecstatic to be able to read her paper upstairs, or down as the whim takes her. Other spotlights just were not up to the job!

21-Mar

Service rating : Very polite and efficient service
Product: Very good for my needlework

19-Mar

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

I would say that the lights are very good, but we were disappointed that the order was filled wrongly and although the response was quick, we had to stay in all day for two separate visits, one to deliver the correct order and one to collect the incorrrect one, with no indication of a time slot. Presumably this is an issue for the delivery firm used by Serious Readers.

Sorry. Our fault. The carrier did let us down but we made the original mistake ourselves by hand picking the wrong light in the first place. Thankfully it is now all sorted. Your patience with us has been greatly appreciated.

Helen
Customer Services Manager
18-Mar

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Efficient and kept me informed about progress once I had ordered a product.
Product: This high definition light is excellent. I can once again read and do jigsaws which my eye condition had prevented me from doing.

14-Mar

Service rating : VERY GOOD SERVICE
Product: Great product - although quite expensive!

11-Mar

• THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Delivery within 48 hrs after ordering on-line on a Sunday. Difficult to beat that!
Product: Is it worth the money? Without exhaustive comparison testing, who can say? All I know is that when I try to read with room lights as before I quickly turn my SR lamp back on again. And so does my wife.

10-Mar

Service rating : I am outraged by this demand
Product: I am irritated by being forced to write a comment

11-Mar-2015
Feedback was optional but having agreed to provide it I found that I could not send the questionnaire back without adding a comment -- which I did not wish to do.

I am delighted that you are pleased with your light. Your feedback focuses us on how we can get better at what we do. I’m so sorry if you thought you had to reply. Feedback is very welcome but entirely optional.

10-Mar

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Prompt and efficient.
Product: It is very expensive for what it is!

08-Mar-2015

Service rating : Great service
Product: Really like the product

07-Mar-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Ordering was simple. Packaging was superb! But I was unimpressed with the quality of the light - I somehow expected it to be more of a daylight quality.
Product: It is black with a mahogany piece in the middle. It is not quite what I expected for the money, although it does dim quite nicely. I think I could probably have got something as good from B&Q or IKEA for a fraction of the price.

It is very important to us that you love your light because we
believe that quality light seriously enriches lives. If you don’t think your light is better than something cheap in B&Q please send it back for a full refund. We realise that it's impossible to please all the people all of the time.

07-Mar-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very good description of product, and well packaged. Good explanation of assembly of item
Product: Very pleased, light is concentrated and very bright!

06-Mar-2015

Service rating : Good
Product: Really nice but a bit pricey

27-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : You were able to deliver the light promptly when I was over in Ireland with my mother. You were also flexible in extending the warranty from 30 days to 60 days in case it had not arrived by that weekend.
Product: My mother has noted that the lamp has made a difference to my mother's reading and she is able to adjust the angle according to her needs. it was a little tricky to turn on and adjust the intensity of the light at first but we got the hang of it.

26-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very good service, including a phone call to the company to check a specification.
Delivery quicker than expected (minor point for me). When I have enough money I'll buy another floorstanding, maybe LED but probably halogen, lamp.

I bought the lamp using a Serious Readers offer of £50 off the advertised price, which made the difference for me. These lamps are expensive! But given my needs (painting) and the delivered performance of the Alex lamp, I think it is absolutely worth paying more than for something from the offer in your local stores.
Product: I need the lamp for watercolour painting (much much more demanding than only reading). With my technique I need to see small areas and edges of paint very precisely in order to to use the brush well. For an LED lamp the colour rendition approximates very well to daylight. Certainly good enough to work using this lamp in the evening and also working on the same painting in daylight, as the eye/brain (at least mine) adjusts to daylight and to this lamp easily. The brightness as well as the colour balance is important.
The lamp is well made.

24-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Exceptional. Ease of Order - delivery time and packaging could not be faulted.
Product: Exceptional. A quite fantastic reading light - easy to adjust with the power switch in exactly the right place. Should have bought one years ago! Thank You.

24-Feb-2015

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

This is my second lamp from serious readers. The first one must have lasted a
decade with heavy use. So glad to receive the new one.

20-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Web site helpful when deciding which model to purchase.
Product: Elegant, robust and and entirely meets my needs for reading.

20-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : First Class service. I was very impressed that they could deliver on a specific day; for my husband's birthday. The whole process of ordering went very smoothly.
Product: I shall never hear my husband complaining about lack of light when reading. He is delighted with the lamp.

18-Feb-2015

Service rating : Good service
Product: Disappointed to have paid full price 7 days ago and today received a brochure with offer £100 off price not the best way to treat a customer !

19-Feb-2015
I am very impressed with the product and the level of service is superb.

We try to look after our customers with special timed offers when we can. The offer was to your wife who was an existing customer. I believe you ordered under your own name and were therefore not recognised as an existing customer. Now that we understand, we agree that you should benefit from the existing customer special offer.

13-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : I thought the repair service was efficient and good value
Product: I have been wanting a good table lamp for some time and this is first rate

12-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Quick delivery- fast service. Clear instructions and easy to use.
Product: Excellent quality- reading is a pleasure.

10-Feb-2015

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Delivered in 36 hours! Excellent!
Product: Looks good and provides a great light for reading

10-Feb-2015

Service rating : Fab
Product: I bought it for my husband who was beginning to read less as he struggled even with an central overhead light at 100w equivalent. He is thrilled with it and is often to be found reading in the living room now and the television is not so heavily used!

09-Feb-2015

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Very good service from maggie in effecting a repair of my Alexlight. Whole process from collection to repair and return handled with exemplary professionalism
Product: Early days but initial impressions favourable. However time will tell whether premium over my standard Alex light was worth it as I use both in different rooms