Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1571 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : There were delays in delivery, but the company did update me once during the process
Product: Looks good, has a solid feel to it and the illumination from it is very good

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Excellent packaging and information about product
Product: Beautifully made... Good to have cable tidy included in price.. And the free table lamp is also excellent

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

The only comment I have is that when trying to contact you to ask a question it would have been better to contact you direct rather than leave a message.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Very helpful and quick to respond to questions.
Product: The lamp is excellent. The light quality for reading is fantastic and the lamp design is very pleasing.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Very prompt delivery
Product: good quality lamp and excellent light

05-Feb

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very prompt delivery. Well within the estimated time for delivery
Product: Fits in well with surrounding furniture etc. Personal beam of light excellent.

05-Feb

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Ordering easy, but delivery took 20 days instead of advertised 8-10
Product: Excellemt product

04-Feb

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Delivered as promised. Accompanying paperwork explanatory and simple to understand.
Product: An excellent lamp. Daylight reading experience and worth every penny!

03-Feb

Service rating : OK
Product: OK

02-Feb

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : A slight delay in delivery, for which they apologised.
Product: It does what it claims to do. Perhaps the switch is a little bit fiddly and could be improved.

02-Feb

Service rating : I think they are very good
Product: I gave this lamp to my husband because he has A.M.D. and he can now read using it without a magnifying glass, brilliant.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Fast and efficient delivery service. Product was well packed and easy to get set up and working.
Product: The lamp has meant I don't have to rush for my reading glasses all the time. I can now read comfortably again without them.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Ordered Monday evening. Delivered Friday.
Product: Already had the standard version of this light. Became irritated that reading in bed was not as effortless as reading in the sitting room. It is now! Brilliant. Literally.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Although it took longer to deliver than said because of demand, we were kept informed. Very well packed.
Product: Very pleased with the quality and it does what it says on the tin.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Extensive advertising to targeted consumer group obviously working. Curious as to why "extras offer code mention" which I omitted, valid for same purchase period.
Product: The black and brass combination suit a desk location in a period room surprising well.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : My light arrived within 48 hours.
Product: Completely fulfilled expectations.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very good, swift service. The lamp was very well packed.
Product: Lovely light. I can now read without a struggle!

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Delivery time was slow and even changed to slower without notifying me. Am item was sent with a part missing and on contacting Serious Readers I was subject to a long interrogation suggesting I was wrong and the part was there. It was sent quickly but I was made to feel I did not know what I was talking about.

This is fair. We messed up on keeping you up to speed with a delay. Sorry. So many more readers than we anticipated have wanted us to build them their own Serious reading light. We initially tried to supply within our normal 5-10 day cycle but we just couldn't do this and maintain such a high-quality build focus with such huge demand. New order delivery is currently planned to take 30 days. Your replacement missing part from your free gift is the only example to have been found missing anything. Phew!

Alex Pratt
Founder

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Poor delivery by APC more than made for by excellent customer service. Instills confidence in the firm.
Product: Makes reading and much more pleasant even in winter when skies are overcast. Have now ordered a second light so my wife can use one as well.

Thanks. Sometimes something will inevitably go wrong and if it does we try to do what we would like to be done for us the same circumstances.

Alex Pratt
Founder

Service rating : excellent
Product: excellent

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Delivery took longer than I anticipated

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : I was kept well informed at all stages of delivery. Added bonus was the fact the light comes ready assembled-just unpack it and plug it in. Perfect. Would definitely recommend this company and buy from them again.
Product: I have been searching for a practical but stylish floor lamp for some time. I am a knitter and need a good light to work under but wanted something that fitted well into the modern decor of my living room. This light is perfect. It places a cool clear light exactly where I need it but does not intrude on anyone or anything else in the room. Worth every penny.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

A little late in explaining why a long delay for delivery (lack of stock due to unexpected rise in orders) but otherwise everything else very good!

28-Jan

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : I talked to someone via the internet and he was very helpful. Then, my husband ordered the light on line and said it was easy. I received an email explaining why I had to wait a little longer than first quoted so that was great as I knew what was happening. Good service.
Product: Fantastic light perfect for reading and knitting. Love it.

28-Jan