Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1707 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com
24-Jul-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Prompt delivery, well packaged.
Product: what can I say but WOW

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Lights arrived yesterday. Too early to say. Ask me again n a week or ten days.
Product: Lights arrived yesterday. Too early to say. Ask me again n a week or ten days.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Good service easy to order particularly liked the packaging well designed boxes and labeled.
Product: Had seen the light at a friends, so ordered the same one.Well made and delivers the light! love the pen holder too.

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : I had difficulty ordering online at a weekend but Serious Readers phoned me on Monday morning to take my order which was delivered the next day.
Product: I love this product. The light that it casts is so like daylight. It makes reading. sewing and knitting much easier on my old eyes.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : great service lamp delivered the next day
Product: superb reading light I have now bought four

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Easy web site to order from and the product arrived only 48 hours later. Wonderful service thank you!
Product: The light is everything it claims to be.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Excellent service - ordered on Sunday, delivered Wednesday. Packaging well thought-out.
Product: It makes an enormous difference, even in daylight.

24-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Very good personal service!
Product: My husband is very happy with it.

23-Jun-2016

Service rating : Excellent delivery and service
Product: superb product and good build quality

22-Jun-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Great service. Efficient and very helpful staff.
Product: Made a massive difference to my ability to read more easily. My chiropodist loves it too!

21-Jun-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Easy to order and arrives promptly. Provided useful advice by means of online video for changing bulb or earlier Alex model which was quite difficult.
Product: The HD light is a noticeable improvement on my previous Alex light ordered some years ago. The light switch and dimmer are also much easier to use. So is the bulb change.

21-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Product ordered and delivered in 3 days.
Product: Just what my wife needed to assist with her embroidery. Very well made - excellent quality. Would recommend to anyone requiring a good light source.

18-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : The speed and efficiency was superb.
Product: Can actually read without squinting. The light is great. I can even thread a needle!
The light itself is very well made and fits in with existing decor. Thank you.

18-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / MAHOGANY

Most impressed by the delivery service and the performance of the lamps

17-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

This has been the second order that I have placed for Serious Readers and I am very satisfied with the performance of the lights and the company. The orders have been fulfilled very promptly and the lights extremely well packed for transportation to Australia thus ensuring that they were not damaged in transit.

16-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Price charged on company side not the best available
Product: Worked perfectly for older reader.

It was nice to speak to you and I am pleased that you are finding your light so helpful.
As discussed, the lower priced light you have seen relates to our Classic model which looks very similar to our Alex light but is not as bright and has a smaller beam spread.

Julie
Customer Service
14-Jun-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Not yet received - don't know when I will receive - delivery was attempted - couriers website wouldn't allow direct content - said they could deliver yesterday - didn't happen - too busy to chase now - don't think I should have to - they have my contact details....
Product: No idea - see above

Your light was despatched for delivery on June 7th. The carrier has tried twice to deliver but without success. We've been trying to reach you and have left messages. Please come back to us. We don't have 'leave safe in the event I am not in" instructions so we need to agree a day when you will be there. We will keep trying you until we break through or you reach us first.

Alex Pratt
Founder
12-Jun-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : So impressed. Ordered via yr website which was v easy to use. The light arrived in perfect condition and was SO easy to unpack, following the numbers -- brilliant idea, I thought.
Product: Fantastic -- can now distinguish between v similar shades of tapestry wool and reading is such a pleasure.
Have ordered a desk top light for my computer.

10-Jun-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Easy website, Good communication including notification of the day of delivery. Lamp very well packed and fully assembled.
Product: I have been attracted by Serious Readers advertising but until now hesitated because of the cost. However having some spare cash I decided to go ahead. I am glad that I went for the High definition Floor Light. It is extremely well made, cleverly designed and is stable and easily adjusted. The white light it produces is quite a revelation and reading becomes even more of a pleasure. The freebie if the desk lamp and magnifying glass was most useful too.

09-Jun-2016

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Service rating : The light was well wrapped and arrived exactly when Serious Reader and its carrier said
Product: At long last, I am able to easily read newspapers, books and letters thanks to the Serious Reader high definition light. No longer do I need to screw up my eyes to read print

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Quick, efficient service.
Product: Looks great and does just what we hoped - provides excellent light.

• THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : The service provided, from my initial telephone call, to Joshua in customer relations and the rapid arrival of my lights was second to none. It was reassuring to have proof that the highest quality of service is still available in the U.K
Product: This light is exactly as described in the advertising material. The quality of design and workmanship supports the value of at long last being able to see what I am doing without eye strain. I have both ARMD and Cataracts and wish I had been sensible enough to have bought these lights months ago.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Delivered on time as promised
Product: High quality product

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Delivery took 10 days. A little bit too long if the order was coming from stock. There was no indication otherwise.
Product: First impressions are very good. Too early in use cycle to award 'Excellent'.

So glad to hear your first impressions of your light are positive.
We build our lights by hand here in our Aylesbury factory.You should have received an automatic email explaining this and a further email to update you on delivery, so my apologies that you did not receive yours, and I have brought this to our website manager’s attention. Enjoy your light!

Julie
07-Jun-2016

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : The lamp was well packed and arrived on schedule
Product: The lamp does what I hoped!