Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1129 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : It makes reading a pleasure.
Product: Thinking my sight was very bad I ordered the light and hey my sight is better than I thought.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / MAHOGANY

Excellent delivery service. You could detect the little differences that made you think that they care about their customers. They even phoned when they new that I was not in when the package was first delivered.

17-Apr

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Product excellent service first class, nothing to compare in my view.
Product: Fits in perfectly with my decor in the study, light is perfect and not obtrusive.
Would recommend to anyone who is a serious reader.

17-Apr

• THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Quick delivery. Good customer service.
Product: Did not feel as bright as Alex. Very good light but not worth £100 more than Alex.
I bought this for my husband to read the music on the stand when he plays violin. Height is not quite enough for tall people.

Thank you for your feedback. So glad that you are finding the Alex LED light helpful, and I know that my colleague has arranged to collect the HD light for refund under the 30 day risk free trial. Do let me know if I can be of any further help.

16-Apr

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Extremely professional and caring; they kept me well informed about the arrival of the lamps without inundating me with messages.
Product: Yes, it is just what I had envisaged and was described in the publicity. It is robust, efficient and simple to use. It is a pleasure to use and it really makes a difference in my reading. It is much more than a lamp.

12-Apr

Service rating : Excellent
Product: Excellent

10-Apr

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / MAHOGANY - DIMMER

Service rating : I have now bought 5 products from this company. And I am yet to replace a bulb (in ten years!)
Product: Excellent product and service. Does exactly what it says on the box!

08-Apr

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Prompt response, good product, trustworthy advertising
Product: Nice well designed and does the job well

08-Apr

• THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Service good.
Product: Both lights well made but unable to see why they are so expensive. Table light used for reading in bed and light is adequate but not noticeably better than previous light which cost approximately one quarter of the price. The beam is narrow which means I have to move the book or the light frequently.

Thank you for your feedback. I've mailed you two diffuser lenses which will increase the spread of light for you, so I hope you find these helpful. We do our best to design and build serious lights for serious readers and to price them fairly. It's important to us that you are happy with your lights so please do contact me if you feel you would like us to collect them for a full refund.

05-Apr

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very professional service.
Product: The light does everything described - a well engineered product.

29-Mar-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Well pleased .
Product: Very satisfied thank you .

29-Mar-2014

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK

Service rating : Would have been Excellent if the courier was not so poor.
Product: Not had the product long enough.

Thank you for your feedback. So sorry to hear you experienced delivery problems. Getting our products delivered to our own high standards is not easy. We are in fact reviewing carrier options again now. Hope you are finding your light helpful.

26-Mar-2014

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Product delivered on time. Very well packed in a custom-built box.
Product: Have not used lamp much as yet. It has a nice solid heavy base. It would be a great help if the lamp could rotate on the base.

Your light's flexible arm does rotate in the base, and it was nice to talk to you and help you over the phone with this today. Happy reading!

25-Mar-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

First item was faulty but immediate replacement ordered and delivered as scheduled.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that we had to replace your light but glad you are pleased with the way we dealt with this for you. Hope you love your light!

22-Mar-2014

Service rating : exccellent throughout
Product: service & equipment excellent

18-Mar-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

Service rating : Delivery on time and secure. Packaging seemed a bit over the top!
Product: Some way of shortening the flexible stand might have been useful for me. Otherwise, excellent for reading.

So glad to hear your light is helping with your reading. We do have other models with shorter flexible arm lengths. Do let me know if you would like more information or help with arranging a swap.

18-Mar-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Delivered on time and ready to use, so helpful when you live alone aged 92
Product: Delighted with the difference it makes

14-Mar-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Product arrived very quickly, packed very securely
Product: Very sturdy and smart.

14-Mar-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : No further comments
Product: The lamp is OK but does not justify the very high price

Value, like beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. It would be easy to skimp on quality but we believe it's worth investing in great reading tools. If you are not 100% delighted, why keep the light when we will offer you a full refund?

Alex Pratt
Founder

THE ALEX LIGHTWEIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : It came promptly and was well packed.
Product: I was disappointed by the very limited beam. One has to move it around if reading a newspaper. and it does`nt appear to give any more light than my other spot light like lamps., so a rather extravavant light!

Thank you for your feedback. I've mailed you a diffuser lens which will increase the spread of light for you. I hope you find this useful, and do let me know if I can be of any further help.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - NICKEL

Service rating : Not too long waiting time. Very solid packaging.
Product: Bulky design. Excellent light. The price is too high for the combination.

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Arrived in good time and was well packaged.
Product: The light is as described in the advert.We already had a table model with which we were delighted and which is used regularly thus we knew what to expect.
We recommend this product.

11-Mar-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : very good customer service
Product: excellent bright light