Serious Readers Reviews

Consumer ratings of Serious Readers

Feedback for www.seriousreaders.com has been compiled from 1173 Customer Reviews

• 07/10/2010
  • "Probably the World's Best Reading Lights", including the NEW High Definition Reading Light

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.seriousreaders.com

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : First class processing and delivery of order. Excellent information.
Product: Chose the dimmer, since the extra cost was small - pleased with the decision. Good looking lamp and excellent performance.

24-Jul

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : High quality product, beautifully packaged.
Product: Fantastic light. But you get what you pay for.

11-Jul-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Everything went smoothly and was delivered as promised
Product: The light is a great improvement on my reading arrangements. I am not sure why it takes a halogen light to achieve this instead of a LED but at the moment this was recommended and I accepted the recommendation.

10-Jul-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Packaging etc was excellent, delivery on time, online help good.
Product: I've not used it a lot yet, with being away and light nights, but when I have it's been great, what I've always wanted.

09-Jul-2014

THE CLASSIC LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Very efficient service
Product: Very pleased with performance

08-Jul-2014

Service rating : fine
Product: The switch is a bit inconvenient for a 94 year old - too easy to dim when just switching on/off.

Many thanks for your feedback. As I explained on the phone the easiest way to turn the light on and off is with a quick, firm click of the switch. Only hold the switch down when needing to activate the dimmer. I do hope this is helpful and if you have any further queries or wish to swap for the non-dimmer model do let me know.

Maggie
Customer Service
04-Jul-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

An excellent service in every way

03-Jul-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : I would have rated 'average' but no such category available. Min disappointments were (a) long delivery time (I suspect my 'nudge' email actually reminded them they hadn't sent out my order!) and (b) use of an unreliable courier who, despite agreeing (and confirming by email) a rescheduled delivery, STILL delivered on a random date AND didn't get a signature of receipt (suspect driver signed it himself and left parcel in the shed!
Product: Excellent product! But Serious Readers MUST sort out their couriers - or else the excellence of the product will be tainted by poor service

Thanks for your honest feedback. You are right. Sorry. We had a glitch in despatch when one of the team was on holiday, which was compounded by a badly executed delivery. When something does go wrong, all we can do is do what we can to put things right and I hope you feel we have tried to do that. So glad to hear that the light itself is doing the trick.

Alex
Founder

THE ALEX LED LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Delivered on time and well packaged.
Product: My wife has macular degeneration and although expensive,she likes the Alex very much.

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Prompt delivery when ordered online. Beautifully packaged. Half price offer was the inducement to buy - wouldn't have considered paying full price
Product: Haven't had long dark evenings to try it out properly yet but threaded a needle with no difficulty.

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : Prompt delivery, excellent delivery
Product: Nicely designed product.
The included diffuser can be easily attached to give a wider beam of light if required

22-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

• THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BRASS

very prompt and very good delivery service used

17-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK - DIMMER

Quick response, superb packaging and instructions and great product!

17-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

• THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK

Service rating : good company, rapid delivery, excellent secure packaging.
Product: really good light.

12-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Despite the message saying that there might be a delay because there was a high level of reponse to the offer, the light arrived very quickly.
Product: Great product. The light is very focussed allowing me to read or crochet in very good light while my husband watches TV in the dark whilst sitting right next to me! Brilliant! The packaging that the light came in was a superb feat of design in itself. Everything is very high quality.

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Prompt delivery, very well packaged.
Product: I already have a floor Alex Light in my lounge and on refitting my home office the option of an Alex Table Light came to mind and with the recent discount it was a nobrainer.

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : I was very impressed with the excellent service received from the time I placed my order to its prompt arrival. My light was well packaged and arrived in good order, I was amazed on how the light was packed especially the little draw with spare bulbs in. This light has already made a big difference, my wife has now acquired the light and I will have to consider purchasing another! I'm very pleased with my purchase and would happily recommend Serious Readers exceptional lighting, thank you.
Product: An excellent light for reading and crafting, it looks sleek yet substantial, the dimmer control is useful because it's easy to operate and gives you the option to have as much or as little light as required.

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Prompt, excellent service.
Product: I already own an Alex light - a few years old now. The new plug system extends too far to use with furniture adjacent to the wall socket.

ELLIOT WALL LIGHT - SILVER

Service rating : Very quick delivery
Product: Good light but head vulnerable to the actions of young users!

10-Jun-2014

Service rating : Packaging and delivery faultless
Product: Lamp stand very well designed and constructed. Less sure about the light. As a reading lamp it is very good. For use on jigsaws, the beam is rather narrow, even using the diffuser. More importantly, I find the rendition of colours disappointing. This may be, in part, because my colour vision is defective (red-green deficient) but working under this light is only marginally better than under normal tungsten room lighting. I had hoped for something closer to daylight. But for reading, it's fine.

It was nice to talk to you today, and I'm so pleased to hear you are finding your light helpful when reading. I hope the different bulb I am sending you to try will also help, and I'll be in touch again soon to see how you are getting on.

Helen
Customer Services Manager
09-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : The lamp arrived 2 days after I put in the prefer.
Product: An excellent reading lamp. Easily assembled .

08-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - TABLE - BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Everything was done professionally.
Product: Very good I have got new eyes not tired any more after reading a few chapters.

08-Jun-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BRASS / MAHOGANY

Service rating : Order was processed efficiently and arrived as stated by the team.
Product: We are enjoying the light and are finding that this helps enormously when reading small print in newspapers and when reading our books. Thank you.

07-Jun-2014

THE HIGH DEFINITION LIGHT - FLOOR - BLACK / BLACK

Service rating : Helpful company. Light delivered on time and as described.
Product: Really pleased with my light which is every bit as good as claimed. Also really pleased that when dimmed is a gentle warm white glow but on full beam is superb for reading etc.

06-Jun-2014

THE ALEX LIGHT - FLOOR - NICKEL / BLACK - DIMMER

Service rating : Have had nothing but excellent service with Serious Readers. I think the packaging is excellent as well.
Product: Very pleased with lamp - my second one.