Iglu Ski Review

Consumer ratings of Iglu Ski

Feedback for www.igluski.com has been compiled from 2231 Customer Reviews

• 08/07/2013
  • The UK’s largest independent ski agent, offering the widest choice of ski holidays online and with full financial security with ABTA and ATOL. We have been trading for 15 years and offer ski deals to over 100 ski resorts in 20 countries from over 60 tour operators. This gives us the absolute best variety of ski holidays anywhere. As a totally independent company we are not financially connected with any tour operator. This fully independent viewpoint lets us go the extra mile to find you the best choice. We actually offer over 90% of the UK ski package holiday market (and counting!) - meaning there aren't many stones left unturned!

Good
Bad

Anonymous Customer wrote on 04-Jun-2014

I booked a ski holiday through Iglu ski in September 2013 for my family of 2 adults and 2 children (both under 5) to go to Alpe d'Huez. The sales person I dealt with was very good and bent over backwards to secure the resort and accommodation I required (1 family room) in the price bracket I felt comfortable with. I even booked the ski school through them. I asked for short coach transfers because of my children and initially was flying into Grenoble (1.5 hr transfer).
I paid my deposit to secure the holiday and then shortly afterwards I found out that I could not have a family room, but I was booked into two interconnecting twin rooms. I spoke to the agent about this and it was felt that this would give my family more room and as the rooms were interconnecting we wouldn't be 'separated' as such from the kids. Then we found out that our flight was changed and we were now flying into Lyon (a +3 hour transfer). I again rang the agent and he said it was unlikely the transfer would be this long and was probably more like 2 hours. I felt I had little option although it transpired that our total time on the coach was nearly 4 hours each way and my daughter was sick on the coach on the return. In addition the return coach trip left at 9am and our flight back to the UK didn't depart until 16:30 which meant there was also a huge amount of time wasting in the airport which was unpleasant.
When we arrived at our hotel at 21:00 we found out that the two interconnecting twin rooms were actually twin rooms at opposite ends of the top floor corridor. Although our predicament was explained to the hotel manager he could not do anything and my wife and I had a child each in these separate twin rooms. I contacted Iglu ski to explain the problem but due to the lateness of the hour no-one was available to speak to me and although I emailed the customer service advice was to speak to the rep. I would have at least expected them to do this on my behalf... In effect my wife and I were left to 'enjoy' every evening apart after the kids went to bed.
Therefore although I had a good initial contact with Iglu ski but as it transpired the important things that I requested were changed i.e flight transfers and accommodation, and they did absolutely nothing to assist me.
I will not be booking my skiing holiday through this company again.

Iglu Ski wrote on 04-Jun-2014

Sir - I am sorry to read about your experience. There are clearly issues that we should be addressing with tour operator contained within your feedback and this is something that I will seek to do.

I just wanted to assure you that Iglu.com have only sought to act in your interests and indeed made contact with the tour operator once we were made aware of your concerns as stated in our email to you at the time.

Sadly the operators decision to change the flight was beyond our control and this would have remained the route whether you booked the same holiday via ourselves, the operator or a competitor.

Kind regards