Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 1074 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk

Vantage SIPP

Easy to understand website for monitoring/trading on the sipp. Phones answered quickly by people who are helpful and always professional. Emails sent are answered quickly. Security impresses me ad well. Not the cheapest for dealing but you get what you pay for and that is quality and service.

30-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Unfortunately we reversed the payments as there was no facility for a commercial property SIPP

27-Oct

Vantage SIPP

It would be good to add a fund comparison tool so that the analysis provided can be viewed side by side for up to say 4 different funds. Charges could always be lower of course :-)

Thank you for your comment. The 'Charts and Performance' section of the Fund Research pages allows you to overlay up to 6 additional fund, share, sector average or index performance figures on to the same chart, to aid comparison. We'll give you a call shortly to talk through how to use the tool.

Ben Tivadar – Head of Pensions Helpdesk
27-Oct

Currency service

Quick and efficient service particularly when funds were returned due a wrong bank account number.

26-Oct

Annuity service

The annuity was set up efficiently. The staff I spoke to gave me all the answers to my queries and were all patient and polite.

25-Oct

Vantage SIPP

easy to use website and excellent products

24-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Prompt service. The website works well. Much better than the previous provider I tried out!

23-Oct

Annuity service

I found the staff friendly, helpful an knowledgable.

23-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Prompt, efficient, easy to get hold of and easy to deal with.
Also very good website.

22-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Nothing ever seems to be a problem or too much trouble

22-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Excellent service and very efficient. They kept me updated on the progress of my transfers and quickly resolved any issues.

20-Oct

Vantage SIPP

The recent transfer of my Vantage NISA to a Vantage SIPP was handled very efficiently. There was one small hiccup but this has been resolved to my satisfaction. Overall I am very pleased with the HL service.

20-Oct

Vantage SIPP

The website has very useful information and the service is excellent. Research articles are useful to help make decisions and choices.

However the platform price is not competitive and there are other platforms which offer a much lower platform fee compared to HL. HL need to make their fees competitive to retain customers.

19-Oct

Vantage SIPP

I have no issue with how they handled the business. How ever the Tesco shares I instructed them to buy was after Tesco.s financial report that proved to be "false accounting"! What pressure and laws are being followed up to obtain redress for hundreds of people like me who were misled! If company,s like Hargreaves Landown do not press this matter what is to stop it happening again?

Thank you for your feedback. My colleague Danny Cox has sent you an email which I hope you find helpful.

Jack Williams, SIPP Account Manager
18-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Really job job overseeing transfer of two pensions into vantage - pleasure to deal with knowledgeable people on the phone.

18-Oct

Vantage SIPP

It was easy to set up my SIPP and the information provided is great. I sometimes just feel that there is too much communication

17-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Telephone staff are very good and knowledgeable. Things seem to work well. Fees to hold mutual funds are high. Website very informative. My big worry is there fund research dept never push investments trust because I guess they are less profitable for HL. This make me nervous of how independent their guidance is.

16-Oct

Vantage SIPP

Up to now excellent service

16-Oct

Currency service

Service level very high. I only need smallish amounts of currency (up to $5000 US) at a time. Sadly the actual exchange rates are not great for these amounts and can get as good a rate at Covent Garden FX for physical dollars! Probably won't be using the service again. The more obvious question is whether similarly poor rates apply when dealing in foreign stocks at HL for my sterling-denominated SIPP?!

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to hear you found our service levels high. Feedback on the rate offered is invaluable to us. We regularly benchmark the exchange rates we offer against currency brokers and banks to ensure we are offering a competitive service. The rates we offer do improve as the amount being transferred increases, on very rare occasions it may be the case that our rate needs reviewing on a certain level. As such we welcome your feedback and will take your comments on-board.

David Chapman
Head of HL Markets & Currency dealing
15-Oct

easy to use

15-Oct

Vantage SIPP

All as I hoped for. Love the iPad app :-)

Vantage SIPP

Managed to take £1000 twice out of my payments for the advice which I received. I paid £1000 for the advice by cheque and they also took another £1000 out of my investments. I luckily picked up on this double charging, or I believe they never would have done.
Have asked for receipt for payment to HL Advisors for advice charge with no response.
Poor administration lets them down. Not very confident they have respect for your money!

Please accept our apologies for the error. A mistake such as this is most unusual. The erroneous advice fee has already been refunded to your account. The legitimate advice fee is also in the process of being refunded to you, by way of an apology for our error. Your Financial Adviser will be in contact with you directly to confirm once the refund is showing in your account, and to provide a full response. Once again, we are very sorry for this mistake.

Ben Tivadar – Head of Pensions Helpdesk

Vantage SIPP

Would be excellent if user experience improved a little. Layouts are a bit 'busy' and navigation could be eaiser.

Very professional prompt service

Vantage SIPP

Only been using them for a short time, but very happy so far. Everything was transferred over very speedily, and with online access I can view what is going on as often or as little as I wish. I wish I had moved my pensions over earlier instead of leaving them to languish with their original companies.