Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 978 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk
15-Aug

Annuity service

In my case there were quite unnecessary delays due to the fact I was getting quotes from the same provider through HL and also Age Partnership, & both middlemen could not talk to each other. This delay caused me financial loss, as in all this duplication of effort my fund value went down. The two middlemen should have communication to decide quickly.

Thank you for your feedback and also for choosing Hargreaves Lansdown to provide the annuity. Once you applied, the annuity was set up in 3 weeks, but we note your concerns and will be in touch to discuss your feedback in more detail.

Ruth Richards, Head of Retirement
15-Aug

Annuity service

The first payment from my annuity arranged by Hargreaves Lansdown has just been paid. The whole process which had totally bewildered me till I contacted them was completed with no worries for me. They were totally helpful, answered all my questions and dealt with everything in the most polite, friendly and efficient manner
I would certainly recommendthis company to anyone in my position, they in fact were recommended to me by a cousin and also my sister used them for her annuity.
Yours sincerely
Lorraine Kirby.

Annuity service

They sorted out my annuity very efficiently . The person who sorted it was very professional .

Annuity service

Found advice and information first class in relation to taking my private pension and would not hesitate in using the HL again for any future investments.

Annuity service

Very effecient, took all the hassle out of annuity application

Annuity service

Very professional, informative and efficient.

Annuity service

The account manager was very good & professional.

Annuity service

From the first phone call to receiving a much improved annuity compared to my initial offer from my provider the service offered was first class. Would highly recommend.

Annuity service

Excellent service, the pension transfer and the pension payment was all arranged within 2 weeks.

Annuity service

Excellent advice was received.....much appreciated. Thank you

13-Aug-2014
Excellent advice received

23-Jul-2014

Annuity service

Very straightforward, but I'm not sure where they earned their £3.5k fee..........

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you found our service to be straightforward.

We pride ourselves on making our annuity service as uncomplicated as possible. This includes making it easy to access enhanced rates.

By taking details about your health and lifestyle we were quickly able to beat the quote you had obtained elsewhere and secure a rate 15% higher than that offered by another provider on our panel.

Russell Wright, Hargreaves Lansdown Annuities

22-Jul-2014

Annuity service

Managed to improve and better my own research for my annuity, very pleased.

21-Jul-2014

Annuity service

I didn't have a clue about pension matters and Daniel Turner was extremely helpful in explaining what my options were and assisting in providing illustrations. I would recommend Hargreaves Lansdown's service to anybody.

21-Jul-2014

Annuity service

Great website calculator for initial investigations.
Efficient service

09-Jul-2014

efficient and courteous - plus reassurance of the best rate. I rate HL highly

09-Jul-2014

Annuity service

Good paperwork. Quick and efficient. Wonderful response to my telephone calls and phoned back when they said they would.

30-Jun-2014

Annuity service

I found the service and help given excellent. There were some complications with my pension fund which the HL staff helped me to resolve. The quotations service was very detailed and gave very good information for helping me to make a decision about my pension. The annuity product which I eventually purchased through HL was more than £600 per year better than the best quote I got elsewhere. I would recommend HL to anyone considering Pension Investment options and retirement options available on the open market.

27-Jun-2014

Annuity service

The service was excellent. I received good advice from them and they put me in touch with a company that offered me £3000 more than my pension fund holder.

26-Jun-2014

Annuity service

I was anxious about the process but Hargreaves made everything so simple and clear and everything was put in place very quickly.

24-Jun-2014

Self Invested Personal Pension

Excellent service from informed professional organisation

23-Jun-2014

Annuity service

I was very impressed by the professionalism of member of your annuity team with whom I spoke, who was careful to ensure (in the politest possible way) that I was aware of the options open to me and that I had made a considered decision. I was also impressed by the speed and efficiency of the service provided.

18-Jun-2014

Annuity service

Service was first class and hassle free with a selection of highly competitive annuity quotes (tailored to my personal choices) within minutes.

08-Jun-2014

Annuity service

Administratively excellent, respond quickly and efficiently to queries but their charges are high because they are based on a percentage of the portfolio invested.

07-Jun-2014

Annuity service

Very professional and good value

06-Jun-2014

Annuity service

During my original enquiries to HL regarding an annuity my mother became very ill and subsequently died. Naturally this made the whole purchase process quite challenging and I was unable to go ahead with the deal on more than one occasion as events unfolded.

Despite all of this your staff were endlessly patient, understanding and helpful, allowing me to investigate options as my circumstances changed and ensuring that I got the best deal.

I have now completed the purchase of my annuity and am very happy with the outcome.

Thank you to all the staff in the Pensions Team for your help. Excellent!
*Personal details removed by Feefo*