Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 1191 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk
28-Jan

So easy

27-Jan

Annuity service

Prompt service with excellent support during implementation period

Currency service

I have used the service only once and, therefore, my experience is limited, but I found it very easy and the staff very helpful,

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Clear website and simple online procedures make for a very slick professional operation

Vantage Fund & Share Account

No problems at all with Hargreaves Lansdown. In fact i wish i'd started my Sipp years ago with them. As for my Fund & Share account, everything is fine.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Great website, full of information. Easy and cost effective dealing costs. Superb!

Vantage Fund & Share Account

I'm still learning. Ability to contact a real person is very good.

Web site performance is generally good, but the logged-in home page could be more helpful (i.e. easier to navigate to accounts and watch lists; less space given to advertising to someone who has already bought in to the service). I'd like to be able to adjust the default time to automatic logout.

My main gripe to date is receiving blank emails - I've raised the issue that my email reader is set to read plain text and not HTML, but it's not considered to be an issue. Only some emails are affected, so clearly the capability exists in the systems to send HTML+text emails.

Watchlists are a useful tool for me. I'd like there to be a facility to update the cost of watched items to the current price - to facilitate comparison of performance of funds brought at different times.

Thank you for your feedback. We will contact you directly to address the points you have raised. Many thanks.

Thomas Higham – Investment Helpdesk Manager

Very helpful service.

24-Jan

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

The information contained in the HL website is immense, up to date and easy to navigate, and dealing on line is quick and simple. However if you need to talk to someone rather than use the website the staff are well informed and unfailingly helpful and obliging.
I am delighted with the service.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

simple to use great service

Vantage Fund & Share Account

I have no hesitation in recommending Hargreaves based on the exemplary service I received. Indeed, I am taking the time to recommend Hargreaves because I have been so impressed. My husband has substantial holdings with another well known firm in the USA, but we wanted to move some stock to the UK, have several accounts set up and make gifts, all within a limited time frame. Having been disappointed with others in 'Wealth Management' who should be intelligent and keen to deliver given the sums involved, I was pleasantly surprised. The telephone service is efficient, knowledgable and helpful. I was delighted to find intelligent staff, who could answer questions and were prepared to find a specific person within Hargreaves if they needed to do so. The transactions were complex, there were delays caused by regulatory authorities and mistakes made completing forms, yet Hargreaves put the correct staff in place to handle things and actions completed within tight deadlines. The knowledge, polite helpful service and efficient systems are far better in my experience than most all of the companies a high net worth individual deals with and the cost is more than reasonable.

Vantage SIPP

Honest, reliable company with an easy to navigate website brimming with all the info you need.

Very efficient - excellent service

Annuity service

Everything fully explained and quickly executed

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Pleased with service and speed of investment documantation and ease of doing business.

Vantage SIPP

The opening of my Sipp account with HL & then the transfer of my pension funds intro the new Sipp went very smooth. All of it was carried out through their on line portal. I also used the tools on their website to research funds, all of which were excelent. Once I had decided on which new funds to purchase with my pension money, the process of buying them was very easy.

Vantage SIPP

I have been very impressed by Hargreaves Lansdown. Everything they have done has been very efficient. I moved a number of pension pots into a SIPP and it was made very easy for me. It was a lot easier than I expected. Once I started the SIPP it was easy to choose investments. The website and account management is also very user friendly. The charges might be a little higher for the SIPP but the service and functionality warrants it in my view. Overall, I have been extremely impressed and am pleased I chose HL.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

No Problems with setting up the account

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Found them to be very accurate with any requests

Good range of funds
Not initially clear when the monthly dd would come out so had some extra work to get first payment made, I would have done lump sum plus monthly payment if I had realised

Currency service

I have to rate you bad.. Your staff were excellent throughout.
They were let down by your misleading web page exchange calculator.
It offered a rate less than I was offered. This leaves a bad taste.
John Lawson

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst I am pleased to hear that you found our staff excellent, I am disappointed to learn of the confusion with the rate quoted on our currency converter. The quoted rate is for indication purposes only and is updated every 15 minutes. It is based on the interbank mid-market rate which fluctuates constantly.

The size of the transfer and the date on which you wish funds to be transferred will impact upon the rate we can offer you. This information can be found on the online currency converter under the link ‘How is this rate calculated?'

I do hope this clarifies the situation for you, if however we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on 0117 311 3257.

David Chapman
Head of HL Markets & Currency dealing

Vantage SIPP

As a new Vantage client, I receive constant clear, prompt and friendly service whenever contacting HL.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Really delighted with the service I've received.

Vantage SIPP

Just what I was looking for!