Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 1084 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk

Very efficient !

20-Nov

Vantage SIPP

The whole process was seamless, A pity that the same could not be said for my previous provider Prudential

20-Nov

Vantage SIPP

Very responsive. I feel confident using their services. It's a complicated subject and HL are quick to support the self investor. Their IT services are excellent - which is core to what they do. They do not offer services at the same cost as other online investment companies. This they need to look at again - whilst their service is amongst the best, reinvesting income in the long term results in meaningful gains for the client, so in taking more in the near term, HL disadvantages the investor in the long term. They should look at splitting their fees between near and far term. I also fundamentally disagree with fees for moving to other services - this is something that makes me distrust HL - and something that makes me more likely to shift to another provider at some stage. However overall good !

Vantage SIPP

easy to use web site and very good telephone service

Vantage SIPP

Very easy to register, full of information on the website, a pleasant and enjoyable experience that I have recommended to others.

Vantage SIPP

As a new client it is too early to judge. However everything has been very easy in terms of transferring a pension in and adding cash. So far so good....

18-Nov

Annuity service

Highly professional, very helpful and very efficient

16-Nov

Annuity service

Thoroughly recommend this service. The information is couched in terms that are easy to understand and the whole process was completed remarkably quickly.

03-Nov-2014

Annuity service

Very prompt service. No problems.

02-Nov-2014

Vantage SIPP

Made the transfer of private pension to a SIPP very easy. Coincidental free gift of pen & fountain pen nice but who uses a fountain pen these days? A pencil would have been better or just the biro on its own!

Thanks anyway for a great service

30-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Easy to understand website for monitoring/trading on the sipp. Phones answered quickly by people who are helpful and always professional. Emails sent are answered quickly. Security impresses me ad well. Not the cheapest for dealing but you get what you pay for and that is quality and service.

30-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Unfortunately we reversed the payments as there was no facility for a commercial property SIPP

27-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

It would be good to add a fund comparison tool so that the analysis provided can be viewed side by side for up to say 4 different funds. Charges could always be lower of course :-)

Thank you for your comment. The 'Charts and Performance' section of the Fund Research pages allows you to overlay up to 6 additional fund, share, sector average or index performance figures on to the same chart, to aid comparison. We'll give you a call shortly to talk through how to use the tool.

Ben Tivadar – Head of Pensions Helpdesk
27-Oct-2014

Currency service

Quick and efficient service particularly when funds were returned due a wrong bank account number.

26-Oct-2014

Annuity service

The annuity was set up efficiently. The staff I spoke to gave me all the answers to my queries and were all patient and polite.

25-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

easy to use website and excellent products

24-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Prompt service. The website works well. Much better than the previous provider I tried out!

23-Oct-2014

Annuity service

I found the staff friendly, helpful an knowledgable.

23-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Prompt, efficient, easy to get hold of and easy to deal with.
Also very good website.

22-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Nothing ever seems to be a problem or too much trouble

22-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Excellent service and very efficient. They kept me updated on the progress of my transfers and quickly resolved any issues.

20-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

The recent transfer of my Vantage NISA to a Vantage SIPP was handled very efficiently. There was one small hiccup but this has been resolved to my satisfaction. Overall I am very pleased with the HL service.

20-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

The website has very useful information and the service is excellent. Research articles are useful to help make decisions and choices.

However the platform price is not competitive and there are other platforms which offer a much lower platform fee compared to HL. HL need to make their fees competitive to retain customers.

19-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

I have no issue with how they handled the business. How ever the Tesco shares I instructed them to buy was after Tesco.s financial report that proved to be "false accounting"! What pressure and laws are being followed up to obtain redress for hundreds of people like me who were misled! If company,s like Hargreaves Landown do not press this matter what is to stop it happening again?

Thank you for your feedback. My colleague Danny Cox has sent you an email which I hope you find helpful.

Jack Williams, SIPP Account Manager
18-Oct-2014

Vantage SIPP

Really job job overseeing transfer of two pensions into vantage - pleasure to deal with knowledgeable people on the phone.