Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 1198 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk

Vantage SIPP

A perfect combination of excellent online product backed up by outstanding customer telephone service if needed. No automated answering services just good polite and efficient assistance! If only other companies operated in this way - a breath of fresh air!

Vantage Fund & Share Account

The information is clear and easy to follow. I like the links to market data and research.

27-Feb

Initial experience Excellent. Very Polite and Very Helpfull

27-Feb

Currency service

Good service - easy to deal with.

11-Feb-2015

Speedy and accurate response

01-Feb-2015

Currency service

Very happy with the pricing and ease of service provided. Will certainly use again, much cheaper than Barclays.

31-Jan-2015

All so easy

28-Jan-2015

So easy

27-Jan-2015

Annuity service

Prompt service with excellent support during implementation period

Currency service

I have used the service only once and, therefore, my experience is limited, but I found it very easy and the staff very helpful,

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Clear website and simple online procedures make for a very slick professional operation

Vantage Fund & Share Account

No problems at all with Hargreaves Lansdown. In fact i wish i'd started my Sipp years ago with them. As for my Fund & Share account, everything is fine.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Great website, full of information. Easy and cost effective dealing costs. Superb!

Vantage Fund & Share Account

I'm still learning. Ability to contact a real person is very good.

Web site performance is generally good, but the logged-in home page could be more helpful (i.e. easier to navigate to accounts and watch lists; less space given to advertising to someone who has already bought in to the service). I'd like to be able to adjust the default time to automatic logout.

My main gripe to date is receiving blank emails - I've raised the issue that my email reader is set to read plain text and not HTML, but it's not considered to be an issue. Only some emails are affected, so clearly the capability exists in the systems to send HTML+text emails.

Watchlists are a useful tool for me. I'd like there to be a facility to update the cost of watched items to the current price - to facilitate comparison of performance of funds brought at different times.

Thank you for your feedback. We will contact you directly to address the points you have raised. Many thanks.

Thomas Higham – Investment Helpdesk Manager

Very helpful service.

24-Jan-2015

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

The information contained in the HL website is immense, up to date and easy to navigate, and dealing on line is quick and simple. However if you need to talk to someone rather than use the website the staff are well informed and unfailingly helpful and obliging.
I am delighted with the service.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

simple to use great service

Vantage Fund & Share Account

I have no hesitation in recommending Hargreaves based on the exemplary service I received. Indeed, I am taking the time to recommend Hargreaves because I have been so impressed. My husband has substantial holdings with another well known firm in the USA, but we wanted to move some stock to the UK, have several accounts set up and make gifts, all within a limited time frame. Having been disappointed with others in 'Wealth Management' who should be intelligent and keen to deliver given the sums involved, I was pleasantly surprised. The telephone service is efficient, knowledgable and helpful. I was delighted to find intelligent staff, who could answer questions and were prepared to find a specific person within Hargreaves if they needed to do so. The transactions were complex, there were delays caused by regulatory authorities and mistakes made completing forms, yet Hargreaves put the correct staff in place to handle things and actions completed within tight deadlines. The knowledge, polite helpful service and efficient systems are far better in my experience than most all of the companies a high net worth individual deals with and the cost is more than reasonable.

Vantage SIPP

Honest, reliable company with an easy to navigate website brimming with all the info you need.

Very efficient - excellent service

Annuity service

Everything fully explained and quickly executed

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Pleased with service and speed of investment documantation and ease of doing business.

Vantage SIPP

The opening of my Sipp account with HL & then the transfer of my pension funds intro the new Sipp went very smooth. All of it was carried out through their on line portal. I also used the tools on their website to research funds, all of which were excelent. Once I had decided on which new funds to purchase with my pension money, the process of buying them was very easy.

22-Jan-2015

Vantage SIPP

I have been very impressed by Hargreaves Lansdown. Everything they have done has been very efficient. I moved a number of pension pots into a SIPP and it was made very easy for me. It was a lot easier than I expected. Once I started the SIPP it was easy to choose investments. The website and account management is also very user friendly. The charges might be a little higher for the SIPP but the service and functionality warrants it in my view. Overall, I have been extremely impressed and am pleased I chose HL.