Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 927 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk
28-Mar-2014

Annuity service

Using the 'free market' option with HL instead of my current provider, I gained an additional 18% on my annuity with Aviva. I am delighted!

28-Mar-2014

Annuity service

Service was prompt and courteous. A provider was found who offered me a higher rate than the provider recommended by Equitable Life.

25-Mar-2014

Really good professional service

22-Mar-2014

Annuity service

The response to my initial request was quick and accurate. The subsequent transaction then went smoothly with no hassle to me.

19-Mar-2014

Very helpful and efficient

19-Mar-2014

Annuity service

My contact, Alex O'Donoghue, was extremely helpful, thoroughly professional and supportive throughout a difficult process. My application became complicated and with disappointing results but Mr O'Donoghue left no stone unturned in his attempts to improve/correct the situation. Sadly it didn't work out to my advantage but his support, expert input and detailed information provided at every point were excellent and much appreciated. Hargreaves Lansdown also provided the best annuity quote when I compared against several competitors and a professional, reliable service throughout which made me confident I could trust them at every step to do the best for me. Thank you! I will certainly recommend you to friends. Ann Smith

13-Mar-2014

Annuity service

At a time when I needed help to get the best value from my pensions, Hargreaves Lansdown provided a friendly and professional service that enabled me to achieve that.

05-Mar-2014

Annuity service

I appreciated the speed with which I could get comparative quotations and the way that it was possible to make changes to the conditions and then quickly see the impact on the quotations. I also found the general information about annuities to be very helpful before reaching my decision on the best option for me.

02-Mar-2014

Annuity service

Had a very friendly and efficient service with good returns on my Annuity.Recommend HL to others

28-Feb-2014

Annuity service

Very efficient service, hassle free. Whole execution took place very quickly from start to finish.

28-Feb-2014

Annuity service

Unfortunately the final policy doc was not issued. I chased LV, who blamed HL.
LV sent doc.

LV have confirmed this was their error and will write to you to confirm.

I am happy to see your annuity was otherwise set up smoothly with you receiving a rate which was 28% higher than the lowest provider on our panel.

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Russell Wright, Hargreaves Lansdown Annuities
27-Feb-2014

Annuity service

Efficient, good information, helpful on phone to explain bits I did not understand properly, All paperwork came quickly -
however, having now listened to the radio programmes about commission - the rate seems disproportionately high, but I must admit that the amount was clearly stated on the paperwork. I just hadn't checked what percentage of my pension pot it represented.

27-Feb-2014

Annuity service

I found their advice and service exemplary. They did simple things , very helpful things like highlight the sections I needed to fill in on the paperwork they sent me. I know it sounds like a tiny thing but it saved ages. The annuity rate they were able to secure was much better than the one offered by my original pension provider.

Annuity service

I searched the market thoroughly and HL obtained the best quote for my annuity.
They then expedited it in a timely and efficient manner

Knowledgeable and efficient

Annuity service

I found the staff to be very courteous, professional and helpful and set up my pension quickly.

25-Feb-2014

Annuity service

Prompt and efficient service resulting in an improved annuity

25-Feb-2014

Annuity service

I was very impressed by the courteous service of the Annuity team. The transfer of the funds from Scottish Life to Just Retirement was well-handled. The only fly in the ointment was the 3.5 pct commission charge. My financial adviser said he could offer 3pct. But Hargreaves Lansdown was so quick in the annuity process the financial adviser was left trailing.

24-Feb-2014

Excellent company.

Clive Besley

24-Feb-2014

Annuity service

Very efficient service. I recommend them.

good service.

Very efficient

Annuity service

Account dealt with promptly and efficiently.

Annuity service

Very friendly and helpful advice. Good result from the choice made.

20-Feb-2014

Annuity service

Helpful,friendly and prompt service is provided