Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews

Consumer ratings of Hargreaves Lansdown

Feedback for www.hl.co.uk has been compiled from 1133 Customer Reviews

• 28/06/2012
  • Our mission is to help private investors make the most of their money. We are a fund supermarket, a fund manager, a stockbroker, a pensions specialist, an annuity specialist, a wealth manager and a financial adviser – in other words, a one-stop shop.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hl.co.uk

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Recent transfer into my Vantage account handled well

Ray Dickson

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Very easy to use although it would be helpful to have an option whereby fees were paid directly from my bank account instead of from my vantage account

Currency service

Transfer appeared to work ok.

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

Only been with H&L for short time but service so far has been good.

Very easy to use

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Beware of the hidden charges!

Thank you for your feedback. We will attempt to contact you to discuss our charges. Costs associated with our Fund & Share Account can be viewed in full at: http://www.hl.co.uk/investment-services/fund-and-share-account/charges-and-interest-rates

Vantage SIPP

Superb advice, very professional website and product info. Easily accessible products and services.

Vantage SIPP

Website is very easy to use, to buy/sell/xfer between investments, invest more, withdraw, etc.
Transfer-in to SIPP was handled very quickly by HL, dealing with my previous providers - have had trouble with this in past (several years ago admittedly) but this was extremely quick and easy.
Charges may not be the least for a SIPP platform, but are far less than the previous conventional pensions I had, and I consider them OK for the ease of using the online platform.
- HL do make hefty charges to transfer-out to another provider...
My concern will be as to what service will be like when I come to retire, but I'll face that at the time.
It should be remembered HL is self-service, no-advice : HL bombard you with lots of investment suggestions but I treat all of it as sales info, I don't trust any of it, I regard them as a money-making plc and consider that their investment suggestions may give them the most commission rather than being the best investments for me - DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH !

Vantage Fund & Share Account

My multi-manager HL 'SAFE' investment has done nothing but lose money

Thank you for your feedback. Global stock markets have been volatile during 2014, which is reflected in the short term performance of this fund.

The value of investments fall as well as rise, so you could receive back less than you invest. For this reason we believe investors need to take a long term view when investing in the stock market.

If you have any questions about your investments please do not hesitate to contact us.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Simple to use website - slightly higher charges than some for share buying but it is a premium service

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Well pleased with speed of response and daily updates. Obviously they know what they are talking about, and that gives confidence.

Annuity service

Was given precise info in laymans language to make the correct decisions

Vantage SIPP

Easy to set up and the website is useful for investing ideas

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Extremely pleasant and helpful on telephone.
A very comprehensive website.
I'm impressed!!!
:-)

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

Easy to use and nice online interface.

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

information provided and presentation is really excellent

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

As a first time buyer, I found the service by Hargreaes Lansdown as excellent, very quick and most helpful when at first I was stuck on what and when to do things.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Your digital platform is not easy to navigate for a novice investor who wants, like me, to just trade stocks and shares. It is clearly constructed to sell your investment packages and it is difficult to find how to do simple things like add funds to my account, purchase blocks of share holdings etc. Now that I have battled through I am happy that I can use the App to quickly monitor my shareholdings but yet I still cannot easily add funds to add to these.

Thank you for your feedback. We will contact you directly to help you make the most of the HL Live apps.

If you ever need any help in future our helpdesk is on hand 6 days a week (including weekday evenings) to answer any further questions you might have.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

So far so good, service and communication very good but Vantage account only been up and running two months.

Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA

You could be more flexible with your terms and condition when attracting new business. eg extending the dates for qualifying for the cash incentive. in fact you could have the offer available on a continous basis
the amount of cash back is too arbitary, with the big leap from £100,000 to £250,000

Vantage SIPP

Good website, iPhone app, and customer service.

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Very helpful when I phoned, though they were probably trivial questions in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks Hargreaves, faultless operation,

16-Dec

Vantage SIPP

Very helpful. Clear information regarding my investments. Easy to manage online.

16-Dec

Vantage Fund & Share Account

Excellent website, lots of information