HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 5060 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

UK Guided Trails Holiday Coast to Coast

Coast to Coast is level 5 for difficulty. The brochure might do more to indicate the level of fitness required. 3 of our 12 were unable to complete most of the walk and to keep a reasonable pace when they did participate.

UK Guided Walking Haytor

Service rating : This is a first-rate company. I highly recommend HF.
Product: This was my third holiday with HF and was just as exceptional as the previous two.

Worldwide Journeys Ecuador

Service rating : The usual superb organisation; with HF, you get what you expect and what you pay for.
Product: Expect an 'experience, not a 'chill out' holiday.

UK Guided Walking Glen Coe

Service rating : Good as normal
Product: Weather could have been better ;-)

UK Guided Walking Church Stretton

Service rating : the food was good and the accommodation was also good. I have already recommended the holidays to others. I also liked the company.
My only criticism would be the corner shower cubicles were very small. Not too much of a problem for me but older, disabled or larger people would have a problem.
Product: The guides were brilliant. They were brought in at very short notice and unless they had said most of us would not have known.
Perhaps some of the walk notes need up dating as when the guides were not familiar with the routes it was clear they were out of date. Perhaps regular guides would have known about the route changes. Absolutely not a criticism of the guides.

Worldwide Journeys Grand Canyon

Service rating : Well organised and efficient
Product: Excellent leader, with a good standard of hotel overall. Descriptive words in brochure need changing, walks are not always flat and easy! Some are challenging, requiring a certain standard of stamina, but are still enjoyable.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Bonassola

Service rating : HF Holidays was wonderful to deal with and I would recommend them to anyone.
Product: The Hotel Delle Rose Staff as well as the HF Holidays hiking staff were superb. The food was good and the location of the hotel fantastic. It was a wonderful experience overall!

UK Guided Walking Coniston

Service rating : The holiday in every way was excellent - both walking, sightseeing which had been well thought out, and the food in the hotel and packed lunches excellent.
Product: This relates to Discovery Walks holiday

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Derwentwater

Service rating : Friendly and well-organised
Product: as above

UK Guided Trails Holiday Coast to Coast

well organized

Cycling Holiday Amsterdam & Bruges

Service rating : The HF holiday information said that we would be provided with cycling helmets. This is not the case, HAT Tours say you have to bring your own. Fortunately, the barge had a few spares that had been left behind by previous cyclists. The HF publicity need amending. Although we were not affected, some of the party had been given the wrong pick up point for the barge in Ghent, despite the fact that the mooring point had changed in April. There needs to be better contact between HF & HAT over this.
Product: The barge and crew were excellent. The guide had not done this tour before and his lack of experience did show from time to time. Overall it was a very good holiday.

UK Guided Walking Freshwater Bay

Service rating : The cancellation process was poor. A member of our party was told to keep her booking open until the last minute in case she wanted to transfer and then was charged for a late cancellation. Very poor.
Product: Accommodation and leaders excellent. Wonderful location

UK Guided Walking Dovedale

Service rating : I love HF Holidays but for me the prices are high & this house was looking rather tired in lots of places.
Product: The leaders were great. Their knowledge added to the enjoyment of the walks. The trouble they took to entertain & amuse us in the evenings was much appreciated & fun.

UK Guided Walking Selworthy

Five star treatment from all the staff,excellent walk leaders

UK Guided Walking Dovedale

Service rating : Generally good. Not enough solo options. Cost of single occupancy prohibitive for overseas trips.
Product: Fab service by the deputy manager at Peverill of the Peak. Great leaders. Would be good to have some guests below the mid sixties age range.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Derwentwater

Service rating : Our first HF Holiday and we have already booked a second.
Product: Superb leader who was a mine of local knowledge and altogether delightful.

UK Guided Walking Haytor

Service rating : HF holidays are the best! No comparison .
Product: Just excellent that's all there is for it !

Country House Breaks Sedbergh

Service rating : good
Product: food was brilliant, staff wonderful

Cycling Holiday Southern Dalmatia

Service rating : We were expecting lunch on our arrival on board the boat, as per the itinerary. However when we arrived to leave our bags on board the check in staff told us that lunch was not included that day. Fortunately we did have time to go and buy lunch but this needs to be noted for future details.
Product: We had a great trip to Croatia. The guides were fantastic and both worked very hard to make sure every one on the trip had an enjoyable time. They were very knowledgeable about the islands and were a credit to the company.
The food was of good quality and plentiful. Probably too plentiful! A cold snack lunch would have been more suitable than a cooked meal especially when cycling. The availability of fresh fruit every day was appreciated. Our only criticism was that whilst the cabins were adequate they were not cleaned during the week.
Not being experienced cyclists, the cycling was much tougher that we expected, and we did not fully understand the gradings published in the brochure.
The trip included some very interesting tours and cultural visits which we enjoyed very much.
Over all a fantastic trip made all the more enjoyable by the fantastic guides as hosts.

UK Guided Walking Abingworth

Service rating : I just did not understand the information on the bathroom facilities and the room. My bathroom was down a steep staircase.
Product: Wonderful guides and walks!

UK Guided Walking Bourton

Service rating : My husband and I joined the Discovery Walks Holiday. The balance between walking and visits to places of interest was jus right.
Product: Accommodation, entertainments and service were excellent.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Dovedale

Service rating : I think the holidays are very expensive . I think that being on your own you are penalised.
Product: I think a lot of work needs doing to the property. I heard that you haven't bought the house yet ado perhaps it shouldn't be used until you decide if you are going to buy. I thought the trips were good.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Valencia

Nothing to add

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Beddgelert

very good

UK Guided Walking Bourton

Service rating : I always enjoy my HF holidays, and this was no exception.
Product: As above, even the weather cooperated