HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 13932 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for over 100 years. Every year over 60,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. We're Britain’s largest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation.

Good
Bad

DateHolidayRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Montenegro Coast

Holiday

Service rating : An enjoyable holiday with very good transfers and efficient agent use and driver.
Product: A very stimulating selection of walks, but, a big but, clearer information with regards to the severity of the walks and fact we start at at a certain altitude before we even begin the walks. The walk which ended at Stari Bar, was very tough with its ascents and I'm talking about the easier walk. Please ensure there are proper built-in breaks in the morning on these walks and these are not just left to the individual.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Crete

Holiday

Service rating : Very good in general except for sometimes being too safe and unadventurous.
Product: Wonderful terrain and well chosen walks.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Montelupo

Holiday

Service rating : friendly staff..easy to book
Product: Super Hotel. Lovely and lively people…loved every minute.

Country House Breaks Glen Coe

Service rating : Excellent formula, well delivered
Product: Really helpful staff.

Holiday

Service rating : Bookings need to wise up a bit, as I was initially sold a room that was not available. A week later we agreed dates that were available and all went to plan. Generally, once you get a booking sorted out the quality of the holiday is then guaranteed.
Product: Alnmouth is a fabulous house and very well managed. The food was very good, public rooms and bedroom was spotlessly clean. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were very motivated and friendly. I would give the holiday and this house a sincere 10/10 score.

Holiday

Service rating : Service good and attentive.
Product: Need to have loos on same floor as dining room. Why such poor planning requiring food to be brought through the lounge?

UK Guided Trails Holiday Coast to Coast

Holiday

Service rating : Easy to work with - and well-organized trip.
Product: Awesome adventure!

Europe Guided Walking Holiday San Quirico

leaders superb best yet

Country House Breaks Whitby

Holiday

Service rating : Most enjoyable break- hotel and staff very good.
Product: Hotel and service and location very good.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : Efficient--all questions promptly answered.
Product: Excellent selection of walks and a very well run HF House. Walk leaders enthusiastic and helpful, House staff friendly and accomodating.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Glen Coe

Holiday

Service rating : Beautiful location, very helpful staff, too much food!
Product: Spectacular scenery; walks well guided.

Country House Breaks Malhamdale

Holiday

Service rating : Well organized.
Product: Newfield Hall was very comfortable with excellent food. The staff were helpful and well organized. Looking forward to my next visit.

Country House Breaks Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : just the sort of holiday we enjoy. We were helped to choose what would suit us when we began planning a break.
Product: Our stay was very comfortable in every way. Although we were on a self-guided walking weekend we enjoyed meeting the other guests doing other things.

Groups Holiday Malhamdale

Holiday

Service rating : Accommodation very pleasant and staff cheerful and obliging.
Product: This was a dancing holiday and while the dance floor was large enough the surface wasn't very good.it seemed sticky and without enough slip.
Housekeeping was not up to the same high standard as the rest of the food and service.While happy to keep towels I put foot at in shower for replacement and found it had simply been hung up again. Bed was not properly made and used glass from bar which had been left beside coffe making tray was not removed

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Montelupo

Holiday

Service rating : Still as good as they were when first HF holiday taken 37 years ago!
Product: It's HF's best hotel for the last 5 years, what else can be said?

UK Guided Walking Holiday Coniston

Holiday

Service rating : Offer of 3 nights for price of 2 a good idea - I'd definitely be tempted again - OR reduce the prices overall!
Product: The manager, staff, venue, accommodation were superb and the choice of walks with flexibility to self-guide

UK Guided Walking Holiday Coniston

Holiday

Service rating : Although I enjoy the company and special ambience of HF walking holidays I think they are very expensive and single travellers can get a raw deal regarding accommodation.
Product: I have aiways found the meals to be good on my previous two visits but I do not like the change to plated meals. I suppose it is a cost cutting exercise and it does save time but the family atmosphere has got lost in the process and the element of choice. John is an excellent and most welcoming manager.

UK Guided Trails Holiday Hebridean Hopscotch

Service rating : no problems
Product: good itenarary

Holiday

HF holidays are overpriced and can only cater for the retired end of the market who can afford!

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Abingworth

Holiday

Service rating : We were really well looked after, delicious food and excellent welcome .
Product: I came to the folk weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. The leader was brilliant, in fact it's hard to think of a way it could have been better. Thank you so much for a wonderful time.

Country House Breaks Selworthy

Holiday

Always good food and lovely locations

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Abingworth

Service rating : very efficient
Product: really enjoyed it

City Breaks Bruges & Ghent

Holiday

Service rating : As always.
Product: Very enjoyable.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : Easy to book.
Product: My first holiday with HF and it won't be my last. I really enjoyed it despite the weather. Every aspect was well organised and I immediacy felt welcome by other guests as well as the staff. I did medium and hard walks both which I thoroughly enjoyed. Great weekend break!

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Provence

Holiday

Service rating : First HF holiday in Europe. Excellent accommodation and leaders.
Product: All good. Hotel, walks, leaders exceeded my expectations - particularly the accommodation which was a much higher standard than UK HF holidays I have done.