HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 14658 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for over 100 years. Every year over 60,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. We're Britain’s largest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation.

Good
Bad

DateHolidayRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

UK Guided Walking Holiday Brecon

Holiday

Service rating : Very competent hotel manageress and good service in restaurant
Product: Walks very well organised with excellent time keeping and knowledgeable leaders.

Country House Breaks Bourton

Holiday

Both of us enjoyed our 4 days at Bourton on the Water.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Adelboden

Holiday

Service rating : The brochure was accurate. The holiday was very enjoyable.
Product: It was very enjoyable. The walks were scenic, and the hotel family run and comfortable, within easy walking distance of the village. The snow cover was low, but the leaders were able to adapt walks.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Glen Coe

Holiday

Service rating : Holidays to suit people of different ages and activities.
Product: HF house in beautiful setting near loch and hills. Staff very smart and efficient.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Selva

Holiday

Service rating : Well organised, good hotels. good leaders, good company.
Product: Beautiful place, good hotel, good food, good walking and excellent leaders in Colin and Sally.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Selva

Holiday

Service rating : Straightforward and clear on-line booking (my first time with HF), good information sent with final details and a friendly and efficient response to a telephone query, so no complaints.
Product: Two very different, but both excellent and friendly, walk leaders with whom the group gelled instantly. A great experience all round.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Alnmouth

Holiday

Good organisation and friendly service

City Breaks Rome

Holiday

Service rating : Booking over the phone was handled smoothly and pre-holiday information was accurate and informative.
Product: A good holiday overall. I was disappointed with the service and facilities provided by the hotel. Initially I was unsure about the style of leading as it was quite different (a lot less pampered) compared with other holiday companies but I got used to it. The leader was very knowledgeable and we saw lots of interesting things.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Coniston

Holiday

Service rating : The staff at every level are well trained and know the requirements of the guests.
Product: The walks were good, but the harder walks were not always available.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Lake Bled

Holiday

Service rating : Well organised, good locations.
Product: Bled is an excellent base with scenic walking close by.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Derwentwater

Service rating : Consistently excellent holidays and leaders
Product: Excellent accomodation, food and location.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Seefeld

Holiday

Service rating : I have enjoyed all HF holidays except Ireland.
Product: Would have preferred more than one walk in the area of the mountain huts. This is the area which everyone preferred, with the typical Austrian scenery. (The woodland walks were enjoyable but could have been in England.)

UK Guided Walking Holiday Freshwater Bay

Holiday

Generally good, but am not impressed with HF failure to enable member communication through a much-needed website forum, which would enable members to discuss joint travel/sharing holidays . Many other companies have them, e.g. Saga, Solos, but HF is stuck back in the Ark in this respect! You are ignoring an amazing marketing opportunity!!

UK Guided Walking Holiday Bourton

Holiday

Service rating : This was my first HF Holiday, and I loved it.
Product: What a great way to spend a vacation!

UK Guided Walking Holiday Abingworth

Holiday

Service rating : The company provided clear correspondence before the holiday and the week went smoothly.
Product: Our first HF holiday proved to be an enjoyable experience. The walks
were well lead and interesting. The accommodation was generally comfortable.

Country House Breaks Beddgelert

Holiday

Service rating : I was very happy with the service I received at Beddgelert as I have become intolerant to many foods and wondered if I would be able to go on holiday again
The staff were very helpful so I was able to enjoy my holiday
Product: i

UK Guided Walking Holiday Sedbergh

Holiday

Service rating : Two of the evening meals that I ordered were poor the fish was cold the dauphinoise potatoes were not cooked another fish dish I ordered was not very good.
The breakfast and the lunch selection was very good.
Product: I had Sandra as a leader for two of the walks, I relies that on the first walk she had a guest that found the walk too difficult. Sandra was never lost as she constantly checked our possession on the map, however, we did go the wrong way on several occasions.
My husband was on the hard walks and found the leaders excellent.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : I had a wonderful trip. The hikes, hotel, food, and people were such a pleasure.
Product: I give this holiday a five star rating.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Selworthy

Holiday

Service rating : Very friendly and helpful team from the day I booked and throughout the holiday.
Product: Great walks, great leaders, great accommodation in a lovely house, great fun. Only criticism: not enough vegetables with the evening meals and a few dinner options were rather small. Less style more substance please after a long day's walk.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Excellent Reservations team when dealing with complicated holiday date requests.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Abingworth

Holiday

The only downside were the main courses at the evening meal. Several of us had difficulty deciding on what to choose, and fish was often served dried,out as though it had been cooked and kept warm.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Beddgelert

Holiday

Service rating : Good telephone customer service. Went the extra mile, to sort out a single room for me.
Product: Really good area to walk in. Walking poles are essential (rocky, ridges and steep); Excellent base to stay - Beddgelert Village is a 20 mins walk from House (if forgotten anything, there is a Post Office which sells everything);

Country House Breaks Sedbergh

Holiday

Service rating : Always accurate in brochure. Good booking service. Reliable standard
Product: Great hospitality from the team and especially good management from David.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Beddgelert

Holiday

Service rating : A well organised company providing high quality walking holidays.
Product: Superb walking in a fantastic location - we were exceptionally lucky with the weather. Professional walk leaders ensured we got the best out of everything.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Coniston

Holiday

Service rating : I usually do put Excellent, but have down-rated this to good because of changes made which do not necessarily make things improved for us guests.
Product: The changed meal-time arrangements do not improve anything, especially at breakfast waiting for a table to be filled before orders for cooked breakfasts are taken. The whole process takes far too long.
I do agree with the whole meal being served at evening dinner instead of dishes of vegetables on the table which hopefully means less waste.