HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 5819 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Kerry & Cork

Service rating : Holidays abroad have been excellent as have the holidays in this country, at some houses the food in this country is a little boring ie . large dishes of boiled vegetables (red cabbage,swede etc,) All the leaders with the exception of one have been brilliant very informative and friendly, The accommodation at some of the houses need a refurb but this is usually when they are first taken over by HF.
Product: A great holiday with excellent walking, the accommodation was clean warm and spacious in a good location and the food was exceptional. We had a evening at Mollie Gallivans which was great fun and ate at the Lime Tree one evening which was a great choice of restaurant. Both leaders were lovely. Would definitely go back.

Worldwide Journeys Peru

Service rating : Itinerary sometimes was too rushed
Product: Insufficient details given prior to holiday

UK Guided Walking Haytor

Service rating : Booking was easy and everything was well organised
Product: Very well organised by the superb walk leaders. The walks were perfectly pitched for the different levels and we managed to take in very varied areas in one weekend. The other walkers were great company and the evening entertainment great fun. Our first HF holiday and we will be back for more!

Country House Breaks Whitby

Very good accommodation and excellent food in lovely surroundings.

Worldwide Journeys New England

Service rating : In general, I have been very positive about HF. However, see below.
Product: Over the years, I/we have been frequent HF-walkers, within Great Britain as well as in Europe, always to great satisfaction. However, this first oversea’s tour to New England is, I think, in need of some improvement. Therefore, my response is more elaborate.

I was surprized to find that the HF-leader – a lovely person, internationally experienced and very responsible – had never been to this part of the world and did not know more than the headlines of the brochures. He did not know the walks and fully relied upon local guides. The walks, which, according to the HF-broschure were supposed to be rather easy, were in fact not that easy. Especially the walks in Jackson went over big, slippery boulders and tree roots. After one of our fellow travellers had an accident, I did not dare to join any of the higher walks, although I was in good condition. The easier walks stayed in the woods and offered good views only rarely.

In addition: quite a bit of expensive time got lost for the “easy walkers” by just waiting. On the second day at Stowe, we had to sit in the lounge for a full hour, waiting for the mini-bus to return after dropping the “harder walkers”.

As the leader had to rely on the notes that were delivered to him, occasionally a smaller misunderstanding arose. On the way to Stowe, for example, we were dropped at a supermarket to buy lunches for three days. After all, there was an excellent shop for bagels and sandwiches within 5 minutes from the hotel. We bought too much stuff for nothing.

In Stowe, it was already rather cold. The local guides told us that the season was almost over and that, in the future, it would be better to schedule the trip earlier. (While another group of HF was still to come two weeks later!).

The coach was not very comfortable, as seats were arranged opposite each other. For longer distances, it is not so pleasant travelling backwards.

Personally, I would have liked to spend the day in Boston somewhat differently. The full day was devoted to the “Freedom Trail”, a noisy market for lunch, and a lot of standing and listening to the local guide, who was often hard to understand because of the traffic noise. I would prefer to limit this tour to half a day, then find a nicer place for lunch, and then spending the afternoon either at one of the beautiful musea or by exploring famous Cambridge.

Although I was, altogether, not quite happy about the “value for money” for this quite expensive trip, there was, of course, much to enjoy as well. I would rate this trip neither "poor" nor "good", but in between.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Aegean Coast

Service rating : Organisation, accuracy of information and value for money cannot be faulted. The
Product: Leaders, hotel facilities organisation of walks were very good. The only slight disappointment was the lack of variety in the walking routes.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Provence

Service rating : Always well organised
Product: Good location and standard of chosen hotel

UK Guided Walking Lulworth Cove

Service rating : The booking was straightforward and our request for decaffeinated beverages was noted and provided when we arrived.
Product: Good weekend.

Country House Breaks Beddgelert

Service rating : Up to the usual high standatd
Product: I had a major problem with the first room I had as it over the heating boilers and was extremely noisy. I could not sleep and ended up sleeping in the lounge. Luckily there was a cancellation, and I was able to change rooms

Abroad Leisure Activities Holiday Norcia

Service rating : the overall organisation and value for money was very good
Product: Great additional activities throughout the week. I particularly enjoyed the truffle hunting.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday San Quirico

Service rating : Generally good, but (for us) an increasing and somewhat unnerving number of administrative glitches. One senses an organization that needs a review of its ways of handling client requests. We seemed, always with a considerable time delay, to be 'handed off' to another employee.
Product: Good on average but only because there was a mixture of excellent features - the history and geography of the location, for instance, and some quite disappointing elements. The hotel really needs to lift its game - mediocre food (and worse if you were vegetarian) and very poor client service from most of the front desk staff (the name 'Basil' - without the humourous bits - surfaced frequently).

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Aegean Coast

Service rating : Well organized and full information sent out despite our late booking. Excellent travel arrangements between airport and hotel. Hotel Zeytinada presented superb facilities in a beautiful garden setting,
Product: Though described as Guided walking and sightseeing we felt that the full day trip to Ephesus should have been the free day to enable a fuller programme of 5 walks instead of merely 4. The Olu Deniz holiday worked that way. Some walks also very similar terrain and trackways.

Service rating : ALWAYS GOOD SERVICE
Product: GOOD VALUE, EXELLENT FOOD AND SERVIE

Groups Holiday Church Stretton

Service rating : The service is generally good although the complications of booking a holiday for a Group is not easy. There is still a feeling that HF now prefer spot bookings rather than regular bookings from Walking Groups

I hope the new pricing structure we have been offered for 2015 continues as it has made your prices more competetive with other organisations. We should pay £20 less next year for a 3 night weekend break which needs to be improved for futuer years.
Product: The hotel was clean and well presented. The staff were excellent and very friendly

This was our 19th annual booking and the food has been transformed through the years. The quality this year was the best yet.

UK Guided Walking Haytor

Service rating : walks ok as always on the moor, coastal walks would like to see the coastal path used more for the easy/ medium walks.
Product: A little disappointed with haytor on this visit. Felt the evening meal was not up to the usual high standard. The lamb being under cooked and the beef being reheated pre sliced. I would question if the staff are being asked to outperform their capabilities when viewed in relation to staff levels etc.

UK Guided Walking Dovedale

Service rating : Hotel standard good.
Product: As only 10 people felt like being in busy hotel as poor intergration with self guided group.

UK Guided Walking Sedbergh

Service rating : Good food and service.
Product: Good route and guidance.

UK Guided Walking Dovedale

Have been walking with H/F for over 20 years and still enjoying the walks and social activity

UK Guided Walking St Ives

Service rating : HF Holidays did a fantastic job in every way, be it the leaders, food and accomadation!! I am so glad that I was introduced to HF ! Thank you !
Product: This was my first walking/trekking experience outside of India as I trek a lot in the Himalaya. I am so very glad that I was introduced to HF holidays and had the most fantastic experience ! It was wonderfully organised, with the best leaders, the most delicious food and beautiful lodging ! I have brought the 2015 brochure home to plan my next overseas walk !!!

Country House Breaks Beddgelert

Service rating : Excellent value half price Country House Break
Product: Excellent refurbishment of Annexe. Examplary manager, staff and food. Tv's not working at time of visit. Further car parking spaces needed at House when full.
Would go to Beddgelert again

UK Guided Walking Haytor

Service rating : well organized, excellent price
Product: good hotel, great staff, , lovely walks, fab food

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Abingworth

Service rating : My first HF holiday just as I expected.
Product: The yoga teacher was excellent but we really needed a bigger room for the yoga.

UK Guided Walking Lulworth Cove

Service rating : good as alaways
Product: good walks

Service rating : Enjoyable long weekend
Product: Good walks and company

Service rating : Easy to book and pay
Product: Lovely hotel and food, I have been to many HF houses, and I have never known the packed lunches arrive so early, so excellent planning behind the scenes.