HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 6623 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateHolidayRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk
24-Mar

Worldwide Journeys New Zealand

Service rating : A very good and professional holiday company
Product: A well organised holiday combining a right balance of walking and sightseeing, taking in all the main areas of interest on both islands

We're so pleased your enjoyed your walking holiday in New Zealand. HF Holidays prides itself on offering the best walking holidays in the world.

23-Mar

Country House Breaks Bourton

have been
to the house many times as a leader. good atmosphere.

23-Mar

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Selworthy

Holiday

Service rating : There were differences in the info sent out about the holiday to the different groups causing the leaders a lot of problems
Product: The leaders were absolutely excellent

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Cyprus

Holiday

Service rating : An efficient service.
Product: A well organised holiday

UK Guided Walking Holiday Malhamdale

Holiday

Service rating : Rooms were nice breakfast was nice but if you went after 8.45 you struggled to get a decent breakfast ever though time is 7.45until 9.00am evening meals were exce lent. Service was great staff very friendly packed lunches were excellent plenty of choice
Product: My friend and I are footpath walkers we thought we would be well within our comfort zone with your easy walking holidays unfortunately we couldn't have been more wrong The first days walk was fine leader excellent paced the wall well for all abilities we decided before we came on holiday we wouldn't walk the middle day all went to plan Thursday the third day was from the start was very uncomfortable one way and another . We were collected by minn bus my friend and I decided to travel in ordinary shoes we got on the bus nobody said anything .when we arrived at our destination we were informed we could not leave our shoes on the bus we were not told about this at the evening briefing so we had to carry our shoes with us . We explain to the leaders that when we go on a coach with our walking groups we have to wear our shoes as you are not allowed back on the coach with your dirty walking boots nobody some group members then decided to say that it was unheard of this made me feel very uncomfortable and reduced me to tears .the walk it self did not make me feel any better although I completed it we found it very difficult as it was not paced as well as the first day the leader wanted to arrange a unscheduled visit to tthe caves even although the half the group did not want to go the information given on the evening before was not good enough

Europe Guided Walking Holiday La Palma

Holiday

Service rating : The holiday itself was good but the administrative side of HF is very poor.
Product: The guides were not able to give us much more information about the walks and places of interest than that in the brochure, maybe this is because it is a new holiday for HF.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Dovedale

Holiday

Service rating : A co-operative that really co-operates with its members by looking after their needs.
Product: A delightful venue with plenty of variety in the walks.

Thank you very much for your kind words about HF Holidays. We aim to provide the very best walking & outdoor holidays for all our members and guests.

21-Mar

Holiday

Service rating : Excellent value. Efficient booking system and pre-course information.
Product: Comfortable room, excellent food and helpful, friendly staff.

21-Mar

UK Guided Walking Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : Staff very friendly and helpful. Food very good. Hotel clean and warm
Product: Choice of three walks on walking days which were explained to us fully the evening before; very helpful in choosing a walk

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your guided walking holiday in Shropshire. Our choice of walks every day is one of the elements that makes HF Holidays so popular.

20-Mar

UK Guided Walking Holiday Dovedale

Holiday

Service rating : Booking and arrangements were dealt with very efficiently. Everything worked exactly as expected.
Product: i had a lovely time, the walks and the food were particularly special. I felt very cared for and everything at the house was fine.

20-Mar

Holiday

Service rating : loved the whole thing, food accommmodation will do it again
Product: fantastic painting course will look out for the next one

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Madeira

UK Guided Walking Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : Pre holiday customer support not great. Not particularly helpful on phone.
Product: Well organised, good food and three really good walk leaders. Single bed not very comfortable and pillows were awful. All rooms too hot.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday La Palma

Holiday

Service rating : On the basis of one UK and one overseas trip, we are very impressed.
Product: The holiday was very enjoyable despite some minor glitches

City Breaks Marrakesh

Holiday

Service rating : HF holidays always live up to their reputation for efficient organisation and a friendly atmosphere.
Product: An excellent place for a city break.

We're so pleased you enjoyed your city break with us, we hope you remember HF Holidays next time you book a trip!

Holiday

Service rating : Staff attentive, food excellent good choices each day.
One negative remark would be the timing of the evening meal which was at 7.15. It is a long time from lunch at 12.30, no afternoon tea (tea making in room). Thursday evening the meal was not until 7.45!! No reasonable answer as to why.
Activity (flower painting) was very enjoyable.
Product: This was the second time I had been on a HF holiday. Enjoyed both

Worldwide Journeys Sri Lanka

Holiday

Service rating : Just completed our third international trip with HF and they've been consistently very good.
Product: Very interesting and varied itinerary. Excellent local guide

Thank you for your feedback, we're so pleased you enjoyed your Worldwide Journey, at HF Holidays we aim to provide the best kinds of walking holidays all over the world.

City Breaks Marrakesh

Holiday

Service rating : Fantastic break. An assault on the senses. Riad was splendid and our guide knowledgeable and friendly.
Product: We packed a lot into the 5 night break and experienced the best that Marrakesh had to offer.

Country House Breaks Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : All very well organised .
Product: The house was very well managed. The food was particularly good and the staff friendly and efficient. The atmosphere was warm and relaxed which I particularly appreciated as I was 'solo'.

We're so pleased you enjoyed your break in Shropshire, it's such a beautiful area.

Country House Breaks Bourton

Holiday

Service rating : Room was excellent except for no towel rails in shower room except for small towel heater no good for two people
Product: food and rooms in house very good except for cramped dinning room ware the waitresses could not get to some guests so we had to pass plates along

UK Guided Walking Holiday Lulworth Lodge

Holiday

Service rating : Very good holiday.
Product: We had a fantastic time, although one of the ;middle walks, proved to be hard for us, but perhaps that is because we thought we were fitter than we are!
Very friendly and the weather was kind to us.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Dovedale

Service rating : Dovedale house and leaders all very good
Product: Good leader and group

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : This comments relates solely to the head office administration with no refection on the house or the leisure activity. When I phoned on 30th January no one was available to take payment. In addition my invoice produced on the new system did not show the £75 deposit already paid & shown on the old invoice system. This was corrected. I also did the payment for a walking invoice - this was also incorrect by £35 & was corrected. The new invoices are not I think fit for purpose - they show no breakdown of how the tour cost is made up, there is no indication of the room allocated & the payment due date is incorrect. All this was shown on the confirmation produced under the old system.
Product: The circle dancing as always was excellent - well led with a great group of fellow guests. This house is very well managed, the food especially dinner was excellent & well presented. All the staff were most obliging, professional & hardworking. Thanks to everyone at Chuch Stretton for a lovely break

UK Guided Walking Holiday Derwentwater

Holiday

Service rating : It was my first HF holiday and it was brilliant in every way. I so enjoyed myself and cannot wait for my next HF holiday. The hotel was lovely - clean, friendly, efficient, very comfortable, friendly, beautiful location, gorgeous room and every facility. The arrangements for everything were fantastic - the itineraries, the arrangements at the hotel, the walk, food, evening activities. The leaders were all brilliant - so accomplished, knowledgeable, friendly and made me feel very confident and safe. The choice of walks was excellent - something to suit everyone.
Product: What more can I say? This was one of the best holidays I have ever had. I am single but felt very included at all times. My love of walking was amply rewarded by the lovely choice of walks and the hotel and all it offered were second to none. As I say, I can't wait to book my next HF holiday!

Thank you so much for your kind words! At HF Holidays we want all our holidays to be sociable even when you're travelling alone. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next walking holiday.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : Despite the high number of single guests the company will insist on a single room supplement even when the room has only a SINGLE BED! Unfair
Product: As it was a dancing holiday & we were dancing after the eve meal it would have been much better to have had an earlier meal time 7pm? as it took a long time to serve everyone & then the dancers felt rushed over their meal