HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 6161 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

Country House Breaks Malhamdale

Service rating : Excellent break at Malham with very good food and service. However, contacting the booking admin by phone is extremely difficult and slow.
Product: Very good value for money. Excellent food and helpful friendly staff

UK Guided Walking Church Stretton

Service rating : My partner does not enjoy walking as a pastime therefore I have taken an HF break on my own. I would not hesitate to do this again as staff and fellow walkers make everyone feel very welcome.
Product: Setting and grounds of the house were beautiful. Accommodation was good. White linen in rooms was immaculate. Rooms were very clean. Food was good and plentiful. All staff and leaders were very helpful and friendly. Altogether a very enjoyable break.

Worldwide Journeys New Zealand

Service rating : Good hotel choices, good leaders, well planned holidays
Product: Good hotel choices, good leaders, well planned holidays

UK Guided Walking Derwentwater

Service rating : Very good.
Product: Perfect Autumn break.

UK Guided Walking Bourton

Service rating : Nice mix of walks and activities in great hotels
Product: lovely walks and surroundings, right in town with buses, shops, etc., good leaders, great food, enjoyable activities

UK Guided Walking Church Stretton

Service rating : Can be relied upon to be enjoyable and good quality
Product: Very good leaders and excellent service in the hotel

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Abingworth

Service rating : I enjoy HF holidays because, as a single person, I feel very comfortable and accepted because there are so many single people on these holidays.
Product: The accommodation was excellent and the Cuban dancing was interesting but I'm not sure I'd do it again. I tried this dancing after my original holiday was cancelled because of lack of takers.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Dovedale

Service rating : HF have long been excellent holidays for people coming on their own as well as with partners/friends/groups
Product: The quality of HF leisure activities is very good

UK Guided Walking Abingworth

Service rating : The 3-night guided walking holiday at Abingworth last weekend was well organised on the whole, although upon arrival, I was allocated the wrong bedroom - a spacious twin room with a sofa & a large bathroom. Later that afternoon, after I had unpacked, I was asked to move to a very small room with a double bed, as there had been a mistake. The second room was very basic & the bathroom did not have a shower, only a bath with a handspray. There was neither a radiator, nor a heated towel rail in the bathroom & the floor was ceramic tiles, which made it cold. The kettle was on a low shelf under the television, which I thought was a safety issue. It was difficult to make tea as it was too low. Also, there was no light above the small shelf which had to serve as a dressing table & was, therefore, useless. The house staff & walks leaders were good, but the accommodation could be greatly improved for single people, who have paid a single supplement, but always seem to be given inferior rooms.
Product: My overall rating for guided walking at Abingworth is GOOD (because of the excellent leaders) but I will not be returning to Abingworth due to the poor bedrooms & inadequate bathrooms, which always seem to be allocated to single people, in spite of an additional charge.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Abingworth

Service rating : The concept is great - group holidays attracting mostly like-minded people with an activity in common. I admire the leaders who give their time voluntary.
Product: Standard of accomodation is hit & miss, though one can pay more for a superior room. Great food though must remember to request smaller helpings (especially puddings!) in future. Wonderful staff, helpful & friendly. High standard of cleanliness. Would recommend Abingworth.

Country House Breaks Bourton

Service rating : This was the first time we had used the 'Country House breaks' option. The self guided walking was good.
Product: Staff in the house were good. Food was fine - quantity was too much.

Service rating : HF HOLIDAYS are unique in the type of holiday they offer
Product: The holiday would have been more enjoyable if there had not been a large group with their own leader there at the same time. They did not join in the evening social activity, so consequently there was none on the last evening.

Worldwide Journeys Nepal

Service rating : The water at the Hotel Malla comes out of the tap brown. They were the only hotel to charge for wifi, and it didn't work. Park Village was nicer. Well run trip, but I would have left a larger tip for the Sherpas if I'd know how little HF was giving them. Otherwise, well done.
Product: I think Nepal is a difficult place for comfortable travel. The Balthali hotel was poor, but the location unique, so worth the trouble. Food was poor most places. Hygiene challenging. Not a trip for the faint of heart. The people are wonderful, scenery and temples well worth the trouble. And its very affordable.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Montenegro Coast

Service rating : Very efficient and helpful service.
Product: The two guides were excellent, well organised and good company. Hotel was very comfortable and well situated being just a short walk to the beach.

UK Guided Walking Coniston

Service rating : Enjoyed the holiday but disappointed with meal first night.
Product: Enjoyed the walking

Service rating : great package
Product: Great food, good service from staff, good accommodation, great walks and leaders.

Worldwide Journeys Nepal

Service rating : Efficient no-fuss service.
Product: Plenty of walking and an excellent introduction to this fascinating country and its people.

UK Guided Walking Bourton

Service rating : As always, HF provided a fantastic warm and friendly service. They are unique.
Product: As a single guest I felt part of a family as soon as I arrived.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Abingworth

Service rating : I was rather surprised to have my cheque for the balance of the holiday returned as the money had already been deducted from my debit card. Is this standard practise?
Product: The standard of Abingworth was very high. Accommodation would have been better with a shower cubicle. Difficult for over80's getting inand out of baths.
Food was very good indeed. Tuition excellent as usual.

Thank you for your feedback. I was so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable holiday.

With regards to your balance payment we do state in our conditions of booking that balance will be taken automatically from your card if this is how you have paid the deposit. Cheques are accepted but if they arrive after due by date we will return them as we would already have debited your card. For the new 2015 season balances will not be taken automatically and you will have a due by date on your invoice.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you on another HF holiday in the future
Kind regards

Toni McNulty
Customer Relationship Manager

UK Guided Walking Lulworth Cove

Service rating : If there had been a category between Good and Poor e.g. FAIR or AVERAGE we would have probably ticked this.
Product: If there had been a category between Good and Poor e.g. FAIR or AVERAGE we would have probably ticked this.
The house and physical accommodation we felt were not so good.
Food was fine.
Staff were good and manager very helpful.
The walking was good.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Bourton

Service rating : BUT SEE BELOW FOR COMMENT ON THIS HOLIDAY
Food and House good.
Product: To Product Manager Leisure Activities,

I attended the weekend bridge holiday at Bourton on the Water from friday 7th to monday 10th November. I have to make a few comments that I hope HF will take on board for the future. I booked after reading the brochure which states:

BETTER CARD PLAY
Designed for players who want to improve their play as both Declarer and Defender in NT and suit contracts, whether on lead or responding to a partner’s lead. WE’LL LOOK, AT SIGNALS AND DISCARDS TO PROVIDE YOUR PARTNER WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE. AT FINESSING HOLD UP AND AVOIDANCE PLAYS AS WELL AS LEADS,

The brochure’s promise did not match the reality.
There were two main areas of discrepancy.

1. The seminars did not fulfil the expectations Some aspects were presented but only by expecting players to play a number of hands of bridge. There was no information about signals and discards.

2. The prepared hands which were the only input to the seminars were not monitored by the tutors. The tutors were also playing the hands which left the group to do the best they could without support and guidance. Clearly this could result in people just reinforcing their own mistakes.

The tutoring was poor. A bidding puzzle was on a board when we arrived but the solution was never discussed. Playing time was wasted as people had to shuffle and prepare the cards themselves.

One difficulty seems to be the difference between the published brochure and the tutors’ idea of what should happen. I note that exactly the same wording is in next year’s brochure for the same holiday.

My trust in HF bridge holidays has been shattered. I feel that I didn’t receive value for money. In fact I feel that a refund is due as the brochure misrepresented the reality.I shall warn bridge friends who may be considering such a holiday to be cautious.

Yours faithfully

*personal info removed by Feefo*

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your Bridge holiday.

I have taken on board your comments and I will be passing these on to our Leisure Activities Department who will be writing to you separately within the next 14 days.

Kind regards

Toni McNulty
Customer Relationship Manager

UK Guided Walking Malhamdale

Service rating : What we have come to expect.
Product: Very friendly and sociable.

Country House Breaks Freshwater Bay

Service rating : I had a nice room and friendly service. On the penultimate day the TV fell off the wall while I was watching it and sent the tea things everywhere.
Product: I did not get any information about the holiday nor did I get the supposed free OS map.

UK Guided Walking Derwentwater

Service rating : Very efficient
Product: Will definitely go on another holiday

20-Nov