HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 7630 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateHolidayRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

Holiday

Service rating : So far I have been very pleased with the service.
Product: This break was excellent and I would visit again.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Haytor

Holiday

Service rating : Poor initial service from the Service Team - no information sent for our 2nd week, even after a 3rd request and promise to send it that day.
Product: Excellent food, walking etc., which we come to expect from HF.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Beddgelert

Holiday

Service rating : I have been on 40 guided walking holidays with HF Holidays and always found their staff helpful and efficient.
Product: I did the harder walks which were exhausting but well worth the considerable effort.

UK Guided Walking Holiday St Ives

Service rating : Consistently good
Product: Good

UK Guided Walking Holiday Selworthy

Holiday

Service rating : Very good organization and explanation.
Product: Very nice country, good accommodation, excellent leaders and friendly group of walkers.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Olu Deniz

Holiday

Service rating : The overall holiday experience was very enjoyable. I have some issues concerning booking and subsequent information received prior to departure but these have been outlined in previous feedback.
Product: I really enjoyed the walks. The location was stunning with wonderful views on most of the walks. Leaders were excellent and as we were a small group they adapted some days to suit the ability of the members and the weather conditions. Some of the paths on the easier walks were quite challenging and may prove difficult for less experienced walkers.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Haytor

Holiday

Service rating : A lovely setting, friendly and helpful staff. Very nice (and abundant!) food. We had a great time.
Product: The walk leaders were excellent; the only improvement I could suggest is more 'local' knowledge. (A minor quibble). The walks themselves were well planned and very enjoyable.

Country House Breaks Malhamdale

Holiday

Service rating : It was great to get away for the weekend and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
Product: We had a lovely weekend break at HF Malhamdale.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday The Greek Cyclades

Service rating : Good as usual
Product: The islands of Naxos and Santorini are the perfect mix.So different.I enjoyed the walking on both.The hotels are really good and both have an individual feel.
Very good leaders with a really fun crowd of people.I will be returning.
The icing on the cake for me though would be to eat out one night in Naxos old town.There seems to be so many nice places to eat where we could take in the atmosphere of this great Island.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Dovedale

Holiday

Service rating : Reasonably priced and very friendly - it still is a Holiday Fellowship, despite the abbreviation of the name.
Product: Great location and nice food.

Holiday

Service rating : Lovely food and good locations.
Product: The manager is excellent. Very helpful and the welcoming.
Very good value for money.

Service rating : Always get a good service from HF themselves
Product: HF staff great,very helpful and informative. Manager of House not very personable and she always seemed somewhat distracted and to find her frolicking about with another female member of the staff in the pool area at 10.00hrs was a little disconcerting.
Food was ok but all vegetables were over cooked.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Whitby

Holiday

Service rating : this was only my second holiday with HF. Good all round experience. will book another
Product: lovely location, good accommodation and excellent food. all leaders very good

Only my 3rd break with hf but am hoping there will be many more

Holiday

Service rating : Hf Holidays are a very good organisation and are usually very helpful.
Product: Abingworth is my favourite House. The staff, food rooms are all great.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Selworthy

Holiday

Service rating : Always efficient and everything very well organised. I have been using the company for 50 years. Always consistent.
Product: My only complaints are these:-
1 why do we have to pay a single room supplement of £ 8 night when the single room was very tiny and up three flights of stairs ?
2. The portions at evening meals are far TOO LARGE fir older people.,,. I wrote SMALL PORTION on the order menu for the day but always got the same as everyone else.,this produces a,lot of waste. I also feel embarrassed to send it back. Use a small plate.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Dolgellau

Holiday

Service rating : Enjoyed the short break, pity the sherry is no longer provided in the room!
Product: Walks were exhilarating in beautiful countryside.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Glen Coe

high standards all round

Country House Breaks Dolgellau

Holiday

Service rating : Generally good...slight organisational problems but I understand a new relief manager had just arrived so understandable.
Product: The self guided walk details have been removed from your website but advertised 'Discovery points'with laminated routes/ information was not present. The small basket of old leaflets/maps was of limited use. Had I been relying on this facility I would have been disappointed.

Service rating : Well looked after
Product: Comfortable room, excellent food.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Dovedale

Holiday

Service rating : as usual very good service.
Product: enjoyed the walking and the company

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Grazalema

Holiday

I was not informed when my final payment did not go through. I had to e-mail four times before I got a response shortly before I was to leave on this vacation. The web sight does not work for over seas customers. Phoning HF when living in a place with a great time difference is not practical either. HF needs to improve its web sight so it will work for over seas customers.

UK Guided Walking Holiday Orkney & Shetland

Holiday

We had a great holiday and the service provided was brilliant, and our guide was excellent,

Country House Breaks Derwentwater

Service rating : would recommend
Product: They took great care of us and we were welcomed and gave us speeches along the way. The food was exellent and plentiful

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Mallorca

Holiday

Service rating : Holidays always in good hotels, located in excellent surroundings for occasionally challenging walks! Well organised, pleasant booking staff, and generally all proceeds well. Very good value.
Product: Some very challenging walks, including one 3000 foot descent down a continuous flight of steps aptly named the Pilgrims Steps.