HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 6372 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateHolidayRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

Holiday

Service rating : Great leaders who made the holiday fun,safe and interesting
Product: interesting island to visit

Holiday

Service rating : Very well organised.
Product: Would have liked the harder walks to be longer and not quite so linked with the easy walking group for outward and homeward journeys.

Holiday

Service rating : HF staff were helpful with bookings and leaders were knowledgeable.
Hotel staff extremely helpful
Product: Hotel comfortable and food good.However I did find the hotel and resort very quiet in the evenings. It wasn't conducive to socialising
Walks were an interesting mix

Holiday

I have always found HF totally reliable and dependable

Holiday

Service rating : Well organised holidays with good leaders and lots of fun and fellowship.
Have just had my 37th holiday with them and have never been disappointed.
Product: Lovely holiday. Excellent hotel in good location and handy for local shop for packed lunch. Good food; friendly staff. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room was an unexpected bonus.
The well researched walks showed as the best of the island.

Service rating : Efficient service for booking, very helpful
Product: Good walking, leaders very informative and helpful, hotel and staff wonderful

23-Jan

Holiday

Service rating : Booking procedure tricky, blame it on new computer system. Hotel excellent. Enjoyed the local food. Leaders superb. Very friendly and conscientious.
Product: Rather unprepared for cool weather. A beautiful island but very mountainous and cool at higher levels. Perhaps more emphasis on need to take warm gear (eg gloves, hats etc) due to high altitudes and cool weather.

23-Jan

Christmas Holiday Alnmouth

Holiday

very enjoyable and well looked after

22-Jan

Service rating : Good walking programme with choice of grades
Product: Good variation of walks

Holiday

Service rating : A new resort and so we were the first visitors. An interesting island and our leaders were full of interesting information about the island.
Product: The hotel was excellent as were our leaders. The weather was not as good as expected and so those who ignored the standard "hat and gloves" advice regretted the lack of them on the walk on the ridge to the observatories. The grading of the holiday in the brochure needs changing for the "easier" walks. They were harder than the ten o'clock suggested - but very interesting.

Service rating : Well organised and good leaders
Product: Good & enjoyable walks. Good hotel, good buffet breakfast, disappointing set meals in evening, would have preferred a buffet choice in evenings.

Christmas Holiday Abingworth

Holiday

Service rating : generally OK though there have been some back office muddles arising from changes in their administrative systems.
Product: An excellent holiday - difficult to see how anything could be improved -food, walks entertainment (and company) all worked exceptionally well.

20-Jan

Christmas Holiday Selworthy

Holiday

Service rating : I have been on many HF Holidays, and have usually enjoyed them.
Product: I have put poor because you don't have a "satisfactory" category. I thought it was not good value for money, as it cost £597 for 4 nights.
I found the breakfasts and dinners excellent. The lunch choices provided were disappointing. There was too much emphasis on providing cheap snack bars, as well as the sandwiches.
An afternoon tea was provided each day. The first day's offering was fine, scones and nice cakes. The second and subsequent day poor quality sponge and biscuits were offered, the same things provided each day, presumably to use them up.
I liked my room, however, the door from the corridor was frosted glass. The bathroom led off the entrance to the room, so the door should be a normal hotel door, to allow for privacy.

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not find certain aspects of your holiday satisfactory and have passed on your comments to our Head of Holiday Operations and Head of Hotel Operations to take note and improve where necessary. I do hope this does not deter you from coming again with us. We are always striving to make our holidays as enjoyable as possible and try to provide excellent value for money on the types of holiday we offer.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back on one of our holidays in the future.

Kind regards
Toni

Toni McNulty
Customer Relations Manager
19-Jan

Country House Breaks Alnmouth

Holiday

Service rating : Your booking staff are usually so helpful and diligent. Very good representatives for H F.
This time they missed the point of my room booking request and spoilt my country house break in Alnmouth. A favourite house and location of mine( 6 visits). Having spent new yr at a 70 th party near berwick I decided in late summer to stay in alnmouthe for a country house break after the party.
The sea is a must for me so to choose a room with sunrise and sunset...don't forget it is winter time I thought this would be wonderful.i would obviously be in my room for some part of the day as it is dark early. .views from the lounge are nil. I was told I had a special room ...I booked early. Room 3 offered no such view..people came down to breakfast each day saying how they had enjoyed the sunrise from their rooms! Room 3 might be spacious, clean modern..ex staff ..quarters ...but it is scarily remote for a single widowed lady. Down stairs and along a corridor with no other rooms off except 2 cupboards..anyone could jump out of them. I requested a change of room onmy arrival to 3 people ..no luck. I know one sea view room was not occupied when I arrived...a leaders room who had not yet got there! You are usually spot on but spoilt my stay. Do freedom breaks take second class care! A shareholder member I felt let down.
Friday till Tuesday after new year.
Product: The above ditty applies. The room problem taken out of the equation would move my rating to very good. I trust this is read by a human being?i did request a sea view room ...I booked so early there had to be one available...also if one takes a late train home on departure day. There is no way one can even make a cup of coffee and there was no soap in the downstairs loo ! Perhaps I was not welcome to stay later although cases could stay. My room could not be used apparently and no further guests were expected in it as the place closed the next day. Please HF don't lose what you famously stand for....a caring holiday firm. Always till now with the personnel touch.i have recommended you to dozens of people and now.....?

I have had a chance now to read this and I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your room. If a seaview room is requested we do try our best to allocate these although they cannot be 100% guaranteed.

I do hope you will not lose faith in us and I can only try to assure you that we try our hardest to make our holidays as enjoyable as possible for our guests. If you wish to write in to myself I would be happy to reply to you personally.

Kind regards
Toni

Toni McNulty
Customer Relations Manager
19-Jan

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Tavira

Holiday

Service rating : Lovely hotel, lovely food and wine..
Product: Walks were fab, good variety of landscapes. The unspoilt beach was stunning and uplifting! Great hosts who kept us very well organised and informed, thank you Rose and Graham.

18-Jan

Worldwide Journeys Patagonia

Service rating : Service was responsive and efficient
Product: Well organised - amazing trip.

16-Jan

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Tavira

Holiday

Service rating : All but one of our holidays with HF have been excellent. The guided walks are very well organised and the hotels are comfortable with very good food.
Product: The hotel was excellent and It gave us a wonderful New Years Eve party. The guided walks were varied and well organised.

16-Jan

Worldwide Journeys New Zealand

Holiday

Service rating : Hotels were excellent, well planned itinerary to maximise our experience of New Zealand. The only disappointment was New Year's Eve when we were stuck in a dingy, freezing cold room and I am astounded that HF did not provide any drinks for us. Last year with Ramblers we had champagne and high end red and white wine. We left early and did not even wish each other happy new year we were so cold.
Product: See above

15-Jan

Christmas Holiday Dovedale

Holiday

Service rating : We have never had a holiday that we have not enjoyed.
Product: Staff worked incredibly hard to ensure the holiday was enjoyed by everyone.

14-Jan

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Tenerife

Holiday

Service rating : From booking to information on arrival, transfers, etc. all as per documentation information. Leaders too very good as I always find with HF holidays, knowledgeable and helpful at all times.
Product: At the time of year I went over the New Year period very good walking but I do feel that the harder walks (which I always do) were not much harder than the easier walks except for one day (which was an excellent walk). Normally on FH holidays I have found the harder walks were more challenging which I prefer.

13-Jan

Christmas Holiday Church Stretton

Holiday

Service rating : we always enjoy hf especially at new year
Product: we were so lucky with the weather

Christmas Holiday Derwentwater

Holiday

Service rating : Even the weather was brilliant!
Product: Good walks, Good food, Good company!

We aim to please! We're so glad you enjoyed your break in the Lake District and we hope to welcome you back on one of our other Guided Walking holidays.

HF Holidays Ltd.

Christmas Holiday Malhamdale

Holiday

Service rating : HF Holidays at Christmas can't be beaten! Even the weather was wonderful!
Product: Leader team was terrific; they made sure everybody had a great Christmas with music, dance, and even a pantomime!

We're so glad you had a good time in the Yorkshire Dales! Don't forget we've 18 other Country Houses in prime walking locations.

HF Holidays Ltd.

Christmas Holiday Haytor

Holiday

Service rating : I was very satisfied with this company and service, which I've used on previous HF Holidays.
Product: An enjoyable holiday at Haytor, the hotel and food were very good.

Christmas Holiday Alnmouth

Holiday

Service rating : Very attentive helpful staff Comfortable clean room with lovely views
Good food served promptly
Product: Thoroughly enjoyed this weekend break Leaders of the walking / yoga and birdwatching courses were excellent will definitely be booking courses in future