HF Holidays Reviews

Consumer ratings of HF Holidays

Feedback for www.hfholidays.co.uk has been compiled from 5888 Customer Reviews

• 30/01/2013
  • HF Holidays has been helping people enjoy the great outdoors for 100 years. Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world. This makes us Britain’s biggest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a great range of Walking, Cycling and Leisure Activities holidays. We have 19 UK Country Houses and work with carefully chosen partner hotels in Europe and worldwide, offering great food and high quality accommodation. Most of our holidays have planned evening activities making our holidays fun and sociable.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.hfholidays.co.uk

UK Guided Walking Selworthy

Service rating : Helpful friendly assistant manager
Product: good walks, lovely house.

UK Guided Walking Dolgellau

Service rating : I have done 12 altogether and all been brilliant
Product: All very good walks, leaders and House

Worldwide Journeys Bhutan

The stop-over in Kathamandu was pointless. Direct flights from Delhi to Paro.

Worldwide Journeys Bhutan

Service rating : Always good for single travellers
Product: Excellent holiday, good experience, just what I expected.

Worldwide Journeys Nepal

Service rating : Napal is an amazing country. Description of activities good. Rating of trek not accurate. Trails and "short cuts" doable, but longer and more difficult than listed.
Product: Nepal cultural experience and adventure amazing.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Menton

Service rating : Very businesslike, competent and friendly in making booking arrangements
Product: Great walks in a beautiful area. Hotel room could have done with a shaver point and fridge, but the location of the hotel more than compensated. Very good, pragmatic and friendly guides on walks - much enjoyed this holiday

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Malta and Gozo

Service rating : Good
Product: At times lacked coordination

Abroad Leisure Activities Holiday Provence

Service rating : Queries were dealt with satisfactorily and at once. Great hotel - well done whoever found it.
Product: I really enjoyed the variety covered by our trips. The leader took notice of different interests and they were included if possible. The visit to the museum of prehistory was an example. The trip to the gorge of Verdon was on the itinary but including the museum beforehand added to this. On our day in Aix a quick guided tour enabled us to follow our own interests afterwards.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Sorrento

Service rating : Good level of service throughout
Product: Good balance of activities. One Leader very cautious. Felt a bit like being treated like a child but I appreciate the level of responsibility they have.
Would have liked some slightly longer walks.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Malta and Gozo

Service rating : Excellent leadership. Hotel, walks, sightseeing, transport arrangement very well organized. Good attitude in all situations.
Product: Would recommend this holiday.

UK Guided Walking Bourton

Service rating : I am always singing the praises of HF Holidays and encouraging more members to join. It is a wonderful organisation and I think quite unique and that is why I try to take the long journey from Sydney each year to do a walking holiday especially in the U.K.
Product: It was lovely walking in such a picturesque area of England - the weather was very kind and as always the Leaders are very caring.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Menton

All of our experiences with HF have been wonderful, and our hiking in the mountains above Menton were no exception. The leaders were knowledgeable, personable, and very helpful, the hotel was in a Perfect setting: town on one side and on the other side were the promenade, endless beach and ocean.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Olu Deniz

Service rating : efficient and well organiswed
Product: Most enjoyable walks. Good hotel; comfortable and well cleaned rooms. Very pleasant environment.

UK Guided Walking Derwentwater

Service rating : Great
Product: Super

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Dovedale

Very efficient and well organised.

UK Leisure Activities Holidays Alnmouth

The staff were very attentive and polite.

Country House Breaks Bourton

Service rating : My first time with HF will not be my last. I found everything well organized. The information mailed out helped me plan and prepare for what turned out to be a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.
Product: The weekend was everything I expected. As a 'first timer' on a self directed walking weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed Harrington House with its friendly attentive staff and excellent food choices. The location is excellent and lends itself to independent explorations. I will return.

UK Guided Walking Abingworth

Service rating : Everything about HF are exceptional. I have nothing negative to say.
Product: Its my first walking holiday for a while. The walking leaders were very understanding and helpful and humerous. Now looking forward to Dovedale.

UK Guided Walking Whitby

Service rating : Very cooperative and helpful, as always.
Product: Medium walks a little short for seven hours!

UK Guided Walking Selworthy

Service rating : Always well organised
Product: Walks were excellent, but Holnicote house not one of HF's best. Food very average.

Worldwide Journeys The Azores

Service rating : This was a very well planned holiday. The leader was excellent. She was very informative, unfailingly cheerful and sensitive to the needs of the guests.
Product: There was a very complete program, with many interesting sights to see. We had decent weather, but we were fortunate in only having 2 wet days out of 14. There were so many highlights for us, including the botanical gardens on San Miguel, the underground lava tube, the Capelinhos volcanic exhibition on Faial. Most of all, we appreciated the unspoilt charm of the islands.

Europe Guided Walking Holiday Sorrento

Service rating : Generally good.
Product: Hotel food was terrible - sent back several meals uneaten, ingredients were not fresh, two women got sick, and I was poorly after bad fish on last day.

UK Guided Walking Alnmouth

Service rating : Accommodations and food were excellent
wifi not so great
Product: Leaders were great, weather was almost perfect!

UK Guided Walking Dolgellau

Service rating : The accommodation was very good. Meals were bordering on excellent. Leaders were good. The people in the group were good company and hope I was too. Can't change the weather which was a bit 50-50.
Product: A good holiday and I will do another next year again with HF.

Country House Breaks Haytor

Service rating : Staff friendly and helpful. Leaders all excellent.
Product: Switched to guided walks (on paying a supplement, I should add!) and staff most helpful in allowing me to do so. Thoroughly enjoyed the walks and excellent food and local beer at the house.