Bestinvest Reviews

Consumer ratings of Bestinvest

Feedback for www.bestinvest.co.uk has been compiled from 256 Customer Reviews

• 21/11/2012
  • Bestinvest is a leading private client investment adviser, looking after over £4 billion of assets for more than 50,000 clients. Headquartered in Mayfair, London, Bestinvest has 14 regional offices with 200 staff. The company is one of the fastest-growing private client advisory firms. We offer a range of investment services from Select, for self-directed investors, to Investment Advisory and Investment Management services. At Bestinvest, we pride ourselves on offering the highest levels of professionalism and expertise with transparent, competitive prices. We are pleased that our greatest source of new business is from personal referrals from existing clients. Bestinvest has won numerous awards including Best Stockbroker for Customer Service (2012), Best Wealth Manager for Inheritance Tax and Succession Planning (2011) as voted by readers of the Financial Times and Investors Chronicle. We have also been awarded Best Discretionary Adviser (2011) by Money Marketing and Investment Adviser of the Year (2012) at the Professional Adviser Awards.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.bestinvest.co.uk
08-Jul-2013

Investment Advisory Service

When I worked in financial services the importance of "Treating Customers Fairly" was repeatedly emphasised. BestInvest manage to do that all the time.

24-Jun-2013

Investment Advisory Service

The staff are particularly helpfully and my adviser is very obliging and knowledgable. The results so far are excellent. The website is very secure and can be difficult to access from an Ipad. A system for the monthly distribution of natural income would be a useful improvement .

11-Jun-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Useful tools include star ratings for funds and manager ratings. Two major deficiencies in reporting are:
1) Purchase price of investments is not listed alongside current value with gain/loss calculation (unlike some competitors) making Capital Gains more difficult to track for CGT purposes
2) Portfolio Paper Summaries have reduced from quarterly to 6 monthly

09-Jun-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Have always had excellent service from Bestinvest over many years

09-Jun-2013

Investment Advisory Service

I have used Bestinvest services for a number of years and consider it provides a good spread of informed knowledge for a inexperienced investor and the individual adviser under the Select Advise system provides personal basis. Jack H Law.

06-Jun-2013

charges are unjustifiably high

31-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Good web site, good personal service.

30-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Good service, research and information, would be even better if I could place deals via the website rather than having to ring in office hours.

29-May-2013

SIPP

I've been a customer for many years now, and have seen a drop in the service levels in recent years. Rating it "poor" however would be too negative, so I've chosen "good".
The recent restructuring has led to much less useful data provision, which I've already discussed more than once with BI. Too many mistakes for a leading business, particularly in the area of stakeholder Pensions through Scottish Widows.

28-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Advice provided has given excellent results. Website is good (not excellent) and the sevices offered are very good with the ability to invest in all the investment types I need at a fair cost.

27-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Professional approach. Good support from Sanjay.

26-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

We have always had a good service from Bestinvest. Recently the transfer of platform took rather a long time and required quite a lot of input from us, but I do not think Bestinvest was to blame for that. We did find one mistake but it was quickly corrected

25-May-2013

SIPP

Very good service provided: always easy to contact advisor & communications clear.

25-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Very pleased with the service I receive form Best Invest - I feel confident in their advice

24-May-2013

Investment Advisory Service

Are proactive with support even for self select customers,

Investment Advisory Service

We have always found the service and advice given to be of top quality.

Investment Advisory Service

I rate them excellent. They respond quickly to queries and handle my portfolio to my satisfaction

Investment Advisory Service

The screens on my new-arrangements are not as informative as the screens on my old arrangements. I cannot get a breakdown of our total investments but have to look at individual screens.

Investment Advisory Service

Up to a few months ago, now not so sure as half my funds seem to have disappeared with the advent of the new web site and trying to switch from fundsnetwork to best invest platform

Investment Advisory Service

Advisory service is very model driven. I would like alternatives to be suggested when variances from model are notified on valuations.

Investment Advisory Service

Bestinvest has an excellent website. However the company remains wedded to recommending to its investors almost entirely funds with high management fees. It largely ignores investment trusts, index funds and ETFs and still seems in thrall to so-called star managers. Bestinvest continually downplays the effect of fees on returns and regularly gives the impression of enjoying a too cosy relationship with the investment industry , notorious for its rip-offs and rapaciousness. In brief Bestinvest seems to exist to serve the interests of its shareholders not its investor customers. As a small retail investor I never ever get the impression that Bestinvest is on my side .

Thank you for your feedback. Bestinvest have always prided ourselves on being on the side of the investor. Our annual publication of spot the dog - where we highlight funds that have underperfomed their benchmark for 3 years - is a good example of how we are not afraid to upset fund managers in the interest of serving investors.

As a house, we firmly believe that active fund managers can add significant value for investors which justify their fees, the role of our analysts is to identify those managers that consistently outperform. We have no incentive in recommending higher charged investments as our Investment Advisory Service has a completely independent fee. You are able to access both Investment Trusts and ETFs and I note that you do hold these in your Portfolio, we recommend a few tracker funds but not many as by their nature they cannot outperform markets.

Kind regards,

Sam Coppin – Investment Advisory Team Leader

Investment Advisory Service

Would class as average rather than "good"

Investment Advisory Service

The company provides a very good service in general terms - but I would value a more proactive approach.My contact is always very helpful when I seek a view on a particular issue but given the size of my investment - £150k plus- more evidence of regular monitoring would be fully justified.

SIPP

Excellent service let down by poor administration on occasions

Investment Advisory Service

It is difficult to rate the company when I have little to compare it with