Bestinvest Reviews

Consumer ratings of Bestinvest

Feedback for www.bestinvest.co.uk has been compiled from 613 Customer Reviews

• 21/11/2012
  • Bestinvest is a leading private client investment adviser, looking after over £4 billion of assets for more than 50,000 clients. Headquartered in Mayfair, London, Bestinvest has 14 regional offices with 200 staff. The company is one of the fastest-growing private client advisory firms. We offer a range of investment services from Select, for self-directed investors, to Investment Advisory and Investment Management services. At Bestinvest, we pride ourselves on offering the highest levels of professionalism and expertise with transparent, competitive prices. We are pleased that our greatest source of new business is from personal referrals from existing clients. Bestinvest has won numerous awards including Best Stockbroker for Customer Service (2012), Best Wealth Manager for Inheritance Tax and Succession Planning (2011) as voted by readers of the Financial Times and Investors Chronicle. We have also been awarded Best Discretionary Adviser (2011) by Money Marketing and Investment Adviser of the Year (2012) at the Professional Adviser Awards.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.bestinvest.co.uk
24-Nov-2014

Premier Service

It took a long time to transfer investments off other platforms and onto BestInvest some years ago and many had to be sold and the cash transferred instead of the investment. That has caused me lost market gains as I had no time available to decide how to reinvest the cash and it sat there whilst the markets rose... All the staff have been helpful on the phone and I have since engage a Wealth Manager to deal with my lack of time issue. I am waiting for a report from him which will hopefully arrive very soon!

17-Oct-2014

Online Investment Service

Overall good but Back office operation not up to scratch following the transfer of my funds to the on-line account. One fund is shown as 'income' whereas it is in fact an 'accumulation'. Despite an e-mail from Bestinvest dated 23/4/14 advising me that the matter would be corrected within 5 days, the fund is still incorrectly shown 6 months later. Also, the cost price of my purchase of the fund in question has subsequently altered from being correctly shown on the on-line account to an incorrect figure. If a correct figure can morph into an incorrect one, what reliance can be placed on the other figures given?

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Since then, I understand you have spoken to a colleague who has explained and resolved the issues raised. Of course, if there is anything further we could do, please do not hesitate to contact me at a.mepani@tilneybestinvest.co.uk

Anil Mepani
Associate Director, Direct Client Relations
22-Sep-2014

Premier Service

Very pleasant people. Not over pushy

20-Sep-2014

Online Investment Service

I am not the biggest user but am pleased with the little I have invested via BestInvest

20-Sep-2014

Premier Service

on the whole good but occasionally annoying when valuations are not correct and holdings get changed for no apparent reason.

17-Sep-2014

Investment Advisory Service

I have every confidence that Best Invest is managing my portfolio of investments wisely and with my personal interests foremost in their investment strategy. The response from my investment manager is superb,... friendly, supportive and immediate. Well done

16-Sep-2014

Premier Service

Good research but more expensive than some competitors for execution only clients

11-Sep-2014

Premier Service

Good communicators when using the phone line. website can be slow sometimes.

10-Sep-2014

Investment Advisory Service

First class advice and service. Excellent financial knowledge. I would and have recommended this co and in particular Sanjay Vaid, Senior Financial Advisor, to many of my friends and contacts. When I needed advice about pensions they gave me good information and led me to the right people to give me the best annuity rates available.

09-Sep-2014

Investment Advisory Service

I've been dealing with Louise Yandall and it has taken me some time to get my ISA portfolio into the right shape and then to set my SIPP portfolio into the right shape.

A major reason for the delay in getting to this stage has been that I have been having problems with my health for a long time. This has meant that I have not been able to give the matter the attention that it needed.

Throughout this time Louise has been very helpful and patient with me. Please pass on my thanks to her.

07-Sep-2014

Premier Service

Good information is provided on funds. I would like to see recommendations when funds are downgraded e.g L&G Dynamic bond. What are other options recommended etc.
Dog funds is very valuable.

06-Sep-2014

Investment Advisory Service

It is fine but feels a bit remote

06-Sep-2014

Premier Service

I have always found the company very helpful, willing to deal with my questions and queries and they have a very user friendly website.

05-Sep-2014

Online Investment Service

would have been excellent, but for the fact that I had to keep ringing your customer services for ask questions about your paper work and the presentation of my on- line account.

Efficient professional service.

Premier Service

Upto about 18 months ago I received detailed six-monthly account statements and also investment literature by post.. I understand that this excellent service has been discontinued and such information is now available only on request. Hence, your hitherto excellent service has dropped to 'Good'.

Investment Advisory Service

very helpful, their forecasts as to possible income from investments which is what i wanted is very accurate. all in all would have no problem in recommending them to anyone who wanted to invest for the future.

Online Investment Service

excellent service from your staff

02-Sep-2014

Investment Advisory Service

Very friendly staff and excellent service

Premier Service

Poor service updating my VCT portfolio. Still not done and now taken over 2 week.

Considering moving

Dr Fielding

always very helpful

Premier Service

No real contact for years until the prospect of fee changes came up -then a flurry of activity.

Premier Service

Polite and friendly service. Excellent web-site holding lots of information.

Premier Service

Site navigation could be better.

Investment Advisory Service

Very good service for a small portfolio. % fees mean it is uncompetitive for large value portfolios.