Bestinvest Reviews

Consumer ratings of Bestinvest

Feedback for www.bestinvest.co.uk has been compiled from 606 Customer Reviews

• 21/11/2012
  • Bestinvest is a leading private client investment adviser, looking after over £4 billion of assets for more than 50,000 clients. Headquartered in Mayfair, London, Bestinvest has 14 regional offices with 200 staff. The company is one of the fastest-growing private client advisory firms. We offer a range of investment services from Select, for self-directed investors, to Investment Advisory and Investment Management services. At Bestinvest, we pride ourselves on offering the highest levels of professionalism and expertise with transparent, competitive prices. We are pleased that our greatest source of new business is from personal referrals from existing clients. Bestinvest has won numerous awards including Best Stockbroker for Customer Service (2012), Best Wealth Manager for Inheritance Tax and Succession Planning (2011) as voted by readers of the Financial Times and Investors Chronicle. We have also been awarded Best Discretionary Adviser (2011) by Money Marketing and Investment Adviser of the Year (2012) at the Professional Adviser Awards.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.bestinvest.co.uk
11-Sep

Premier Service

Good communicators when using the phone line. website can be slow sometimes.

10-Sep

Investment Advisory Service

First class advice and service. Excellent financial knowledge. I would and have recommended this co and in particular Sanjay Vaid, Senior Financial Advisor, to many of my friends and contacts. When I needed advice about pensions they gave me good information and led me to the right people to give me the best annuity rates available.

09-Sep

Investment Advisory Service

I've been dealing with Louise Yandall and it has taken me some time to get my ISA portfolio into the right shape and then to set my SIPP portfolio into the right shape.

A major reason for the delay in getting to this stage has been that I have been having problems with my health for a long time. This has meant that I have not been able to give the matter the attention that it needed.

Throughout this time Louise has been very helpful and patient with me. Please pass on my thanks to her.

07-Sep

Premier Service

Good information is provided on funds. I would like to see recommendations when funds are downgraded e.g L&G Dynamic bond. What are other options recommended etc.
Dog funds is very valuable.

06-Sep

Investment Advisory Service

It is fine but feels a bit remote

06-Sep

Premier Service

I have always found the company very helpful, willing to deal with my questions and queries and they have a very user friendly website.

05-Sep

Online Investment Service

would have been excellent, but for the fact that I had to keep ringing your customer services for ask questions about your paper work and the presentation of my on- line account.

Efficient professional service.

Premier Service

Upto about 18 months ago I received detailed six-monthly account statements and also investment literature by post.. I understand that this excellent service has been discontinued and such information is now available only on request. Hence, your hitherto excellent service has dropped to 'Good'.

Investment Advisory Service

very helpful, their forecasts as to possible income from investments which is what i wanted is very accurate. all in all would have no problem in recommending them to anyone who wanted to invest for the future.

Online Investment Service

excellent service from your staff

02-Sep

Investment Advisory Service

Very friendly staff and excellent service

Premier Service

Poor service updating my VCT portfolio. Still not done and now taken over 2 week.

Considering moving

Dr Fielding

always very helpful

Premier Service

No real contact for years until the prospect of fee changes came up -then a flurry of activity.

Premier Service

Polite and friendly service. Excellent web-site holding lots of information.

Premier Service

Site navigation could be better.

Investment Advisory Service

Very good service for a small portfolio. % fees mean it is uncompetitive for large value portfolios.

Premier Service

The website feels pretty old and tired and functionality is not great. I would love to see a way of comparing performance of funds and portfolios versus standard benchmarks. Am I beating the FTSE, are active managers beating the index guys?

Premier Service

I use it, and its OK, but I don't wholly trust it. In the two finalcial reviews I have submitted to in the past 20 years or so (at prompts from Best), if I had have taken any notice I would be poorer! The last one in 2001 had Dresdner North America, Merrill Global Titans, Shchroder Tokyo (and I stipulated nothing Schroder), Schroder US Smaller, Henderson Pacific Growth, Inv Perp Eurp Smaller Co, Investec Euro Portfolio, JPM South East Asia. If I hadn't scribbled on the list I would frame it. Some have even disappeared down the tubes. I don't want the current favourites. I want insights.

Good advice .Excellent service

Premier Service

My main contact is via the web site, which does give me extensive information on which to make investment decisions. It is difficult though to find out what your thinking is on asset models for different risk scenarios (the old web site was simpler) as they change, and there is no 'forward looking' suggestions for the shorter term risks. For example, though I accept that bonds are important in any portfolio, there is no advice on whether it makes sense to sell, keep or buy at this moment.

platform fee 0.3% to expensive for holding funds
compared to other providers e.g. i web

Investment Advisory Service

The service provided is excellent - friendly,efficient and very helpful.
Use of the log-in website can be irritating at times, insisting that "you have been timed out"even when you have in fact been very quick to enter the necessary info.
Also, logging out too often results in a message asking that failure to log out should be reported for investigation, which would be time-wasting if acted upon eact time.
Otherwise, a useful and valued service.

Investment Advisory Service

concerned about lack of information of tota expense ratios