Bestinvest Reviews

Consumer ratings of Bestinvest

Feedback for www.bestinvest.co.uk has been compiled from 595 Customer Reviews

• 21/11/2012
  • Bestinvest is a leading private client investment adviser, looking after over £4 billion of assets for more than 50,000 clients. Headquartered in Mayfair, London, Bestinvest has 14 regional offices with 200 staff. The company is one of the fastest-growing private client advisory firms. We offer a range of investment services from Select, for self-directed investors, to Investment Advisory and Investment Management services. At Bestinvest, we pride ourselves on offering the highest levels of professionalism and expertise with transparent, competitive prices. We are pleased that our greatest source of new business is from personal referrals from existing clients. Bestinvest has won numerous awards including Best Stockbroker for Customer Service (2012), Best Wealth Manager for Inheritance Tax and Succession Planning (2011) as voted by readers of the Financial Times and Investors Chronicle. We have also been awarded Best Discretionary Adviser (2011) by Money Marketing and Investment Adviser of the Year (2012) at the Professional Adviser Awards.

Good
Bad

DateProductRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.bestinvest.co.uk

Investment Advisory Service

Very friendly staff and excellent service

Premier Service

Poor service updating my VCT portfolio. Still not done and now taken over 2 week.

Considering moving

Dr Fielding

always very helpful

Premier Service

No real contact for years until the prospect of fee changes came up -then a flurry of activity.

Premier Service

Polite and friendly service. Excellent web-site holding lots of information.

Premier Service

Site navigation could be better.

Investment Advisory Service

Very good service for a small portfolio. % fees mean it is uncompetitive for large value portfolios.

01-Sep

Premier Service

The website feels pretty old and tired and functionality is not great. I would love to see a way of comparing performance of funds and portfolios versus standard benchmarks. Am I beating the FTSE, are active managers beating the index guys?

Premier Service

I use it, and its OK, but I don't wholly trust it. In the two finalcial reviews I have submitted to in the past 20 years or so (at prompts from Best), if I had have taken any notice I would be poorer! The last one in 2001 had Dresdner North America, Merrill Global Titans, Shchroder Tokyo (and I stipulated nothing Schroder), Schroder US Smaller, Henderson Pacific Growth, Inv Perp Eurp Smaller Co, Investec Euro Portfolio, JPM South East Asia. If I hadn't scribbled on the list I would frame it. Some have even disappeared down the tubes. I don't want the current favourites. I want insights.

Good advice .Excellent service

Premier Service

My main contact is via the web site, which does give me extensive information on which to make investment decisions. It is difficult though to find out what your thinking is on asset models for different risk scenarios (the old web site was simpler) as they change, and there is no 'forward looking' suggestions for the shorter term risks. For example, though I accept that bonds are important in any portfolio, there is no advice on whether it makes sense to sell, keep or buy at this moment.

platform fee 0.3% to expensive for holding funds
compared to other providers e.g. i web

Investment Advisory Service

The service provided is excellent - friendly,efficient and very helpful.
Use of the log-in website can be irritating at times, insisting that "you have been timed out"even when you have in fact been very quick to enter the necessary info.
Also, logging out too often results in a message asking that failure to log out should be reported for investigation, which would be time-wasting if acted upon eact time.
Otherwise, a useful and valued service.

Investment Advisory Service

concerned about lack of information of tota expense ratios

Online Investment Service

Am about to undertake a review of investment performance. I may have stronger views in the future

Premier Service

The overall service provided is good - what I find confusing is the number of different services provided and the total cost to me of each one, when taking into account all charges!

Dear Bestinvest

You would be well advised to introduce a reasonable flat fee for folk like myself with more or less inactive but moderately sized portfolios. I dare say mine amounts to about £250,000 and there is not much point in shelling out £750 a year (at a rate of 0.3 %) when one could go to - say - A J Bell Youinvest and save a lot of money. My advice would be to change you fee structure or face an eventual exodus of elderly clients like myself.

Best wishes, *personal info removed by Feefo*

Investment Advisory Service

You do everything I require and prompt me with good advice without being too pushy. I have confidence that you are always acting in my best interests.

Thankyou

Premier Service

For me the service was excellent but now I view it as only good. This is because I feel pushed to do everything on line. The personal touch seems to be disappearing.

Premier Service

Consistently excellent service over many years. I couldn't ask for better.

Premier Service

Appalling service. Not interested in the ckient without an earner

Premier Service

They can be contacted by phone, do not keep me waiting and are helpful.

Premier Service

Easy to contact via website or phone and clear explanations of investments available.

Online Investment Service

I am small investor bestinvest fills my needs very well

Investment Advisory Service

Always available if needed. Consideration given to the individual needs of the client.
No hard sell which has been a prominent feature during the many years I have been with Best All good reasons to continue with the mutual consultation
process.