Anglian Home Improvements Reviews

Consumer ratings of Anglian Home Improvements

Feedback for www.anglianhome.co.uk has been compiled from 444 Customer Reviews

• 05/12/2012
  • For nearly 50 years, we've been manufacturing and installing windows, conservatories, doors, roofline products and more recently, driveways, garage conversions and panoramic extensions.

Good
Bad

DateServiceRatingCustomer ReviewReply from www.anglianhome.co.uk
06-Jul-2014

Installation very good.

29-Jun-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Since windows were installed, I have noticed one exception to the 'good' score is that bathroom opaque glass units have been installed incorrectly - patterned glass is on outside, meaning that window gets dirty and holds dirt, and is difficult to clean without leaving streaks ....... I'll have to get them back to rectify..

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear about your bathroom window. One of our customer service team will be in touch today.

18-Jun-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Whilst the workmanship was very good the remedial work was not so good.
Leaving brown mastic on my carpet and filling in gaps around the woodwork with a dark grey mortar (my house is sandstone) we had to redo the mortar around the door because if was so obvious. However, the windows are door look very nice now.

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that your windows and doors look nice now. One of our customer service team will be in touch with you today to discuss further the remidial work.

13-Jun-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Very happy with the fitters and the product. A few hiccups with the initial sales and planning, and with the scaffolders, but overall very pleased.

11-Jun-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

The service would benefit from having a more open pricing policy rather than the "i'll see what my manager has available to help" scenario.

27-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Not given excellent grade mainly due to wasted first day of installation as scaffolding wasn't put up in time, but the 2 guys came the following day and completed all the windows.

26-May-2014

Sliding Door and Small Porch Window

First i'd like to say that this is the worst buying experience I have ever had - I will NEVER buy Anglian products again. I placed the order in mid 2012.

I have tried to discuss the problems with Erdington (Birmingham) branch and Anglian head office, but complaints haven't been resolved. Anglian appear to show concern at first, but don't follow up to resolve the issues.

I have received dozens of calls from marketing - each time I leave a complaint, they promise to get back to me - no one does.

On all occasions, the products have been supplied scratched, damaged, badly fitted, have missing parts and have manufacturing defects.

The fitters, on one occasion, even turned up to fit a window that hadn't been made!!

I was originally told by the salesman of 6-8 weeks delivery but with the surveyor delays, this was doubled - the surveyor failed to turn up, until I called to complain about lack of delivery and fitting.

Due to the Anglian's extended delivery times, I had to delay the Anglian install (Anglian agreed), due to other pre booked building work and major sewer work - at this point, I received constant marketing calls and I also received a call from their install dept, telling me the items were damaged in the warehouse and needed to be fitted - I refused the damaged goods but Anglian used a legal threat to get them fitted. Due to the reported damage, I had been asking for a report on the condition (Anglian refused, until the GGF got involved) and I eventually received an email from Anglian reporting there was no damage, but a few days later the items arrived in a very poor state and with parts missing.

On the last install, the fitters didn't know how to assemble the products (I had to tell them how it was done), they fitted the letter box upside down and left us with a locking mechanism that was extremely stiff - the locking mechanism had been dropped on a concrete floor by the fitters and due to the poor fitting, has now damaged the locking area. There are so many defects to list, including blisters in the foil, scratches ,short window beads, sharp edges, faulty glass unit, manufacturing defects, poor finishing and mismatches.

On the last install, the fitters and manager turned up late. The manager was sent to supervise the fitters and sat in his car, 2 doors away from my home, apparently watching his fitters.

I am currently waiting on the 4th installation and remake of the products.

I have requested compensation but Anglian inform me they don't offer compensation.

Many people have viewed the installation and are all disappointed with the quality.

On all further occasions of legal threats by Anglian, I offered to pay for the products, with a snag list, but this has been refused by Anglian, due to the quality (I have emails stating this)

I have reported to trading standards and would recommend others to do the same.

24-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

TWO FITTERS WERE EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY. DID JOB IN TIME EXPECTED AND TO GOOD STANDARD.

21-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Friendly and efficient Groundworkers and installer. The only quibble we had was rectified straight away.Highly Recommended.Many Thanks.

16-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

The salesman and the men who finally fitted the windows were very good and seemed to know their job. They were friendly and answered all the questions asked by me. Knowing very little about fitting windows it did seem that the fitters knew what they were doing. Only time will tell how good they were.

14-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

The installation was done very well . The guy was very helpful

14-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Friendly staff, hardworking . Excellent service!

08-May-2014

Obliging, clean & efficient

06-May-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

We have been very pleased with all the service provided from the beginning to the end of the installation of our windows

Thank you for your feedback, we are always delighted to hear our customers are pleased with the service that we provide and I hope you enjoy your windows for many years to come.

25-Apr-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Did a Excelent job with a excellent product. only given 9 out of 10 as they left a gap
where the television cables come in the front window. Have filled this up my self with mastic, think this was missed as it was Friday and they were in a bit of a rush to finish.

Thank you for your feedback, in order to improve our service your comments are important to us. One of our customer service team will be in contact with you today to see if we can help further. I am delighted to hear that are pleased with your new windows.

21-Apr-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

Installation team were very polite and got the work done quickly, leaving no mess.

15-Apr-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

job done on time clean tidy workers

07-Apr-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

All good except the need to chase up removal of the scaffolding!!!

Did get a bit fed up of follow up phone calls

Thank you for your feedback this information will be used to improve our service for future customers.

03-Apr-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

The product is excellent and while I found Anglian employees to be professional and careful. Some of the sub-contractors did not show the same level of care and this tarnished the whole experience. I also feel the groundworkers weren't adequately supervised by Anglian and this lead to mistakes not be recognised which required remedial work. This in turn meant tasks didn't happen in the right order i.e. brickwork was finished after the installation of the frame and glass. This meant the finished conservatory was covered in brickdust as bricks were cut out and new ones were cut to size. Initial advice about the redirection of the gas flue was also incorrect and could not be done in the way suggested. Finally I have concerns about the way the slab and DPM was installed although I am not a builder and don't no if my concerns are valid. I just know it was done as detailed on the what to expect document provided by Anglian.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are always looking at ways to improve our service, one of our customer service team will be in touch with you today to discuss your concerns further.

02-Apr-2014

very good service

28-Mar-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

I have used Anglian for windows, doors, soffits and facias etc.
The product is excellent and the workmen efficient. I have had no bad experiences with Anglian and will use them again if the need arrises.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased that you are happy with our products and the installation, we work very hard to continuely improve on these and it is always great to hear from customers who are pleased. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

28-Mar-2014

Anglian Home Improvements

It took too long from ordering to completion of job. I had to keep chasing up as there was very little proaction from Anglian

Thank you for your feedback, in order to improve our service one of our customer service team will contact you today to discuss further.

Anglian Home Improvements

They done everything they said and the installation team who fitted ny doors where brilliant and took me through everything from taking my old doors out to fitting the new ones and how to maintain them

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us feedback. I am delighted that the installation team met you expectations and that you are pleased with your new doors.

Anglian Home Improvements

Thank you Anglian, I've had a quality back door and window, really pleased with them .

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback and we are glad you are really pleased with your back door and window.

Anglian Home Improvements

Had 14 widows fitted. They finished the job in 11/2 days to my satisfaction. So far I have no complains. Customer service after the sales yet to be experienced. The job was neat and accurate. I would definitely recommend this firm. Things went smooth from sales to installations.

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that the job was finished to your satisfaction. We are always delighted to hear that customers would recommend our products to their friends and family, did you know you can earn money if you do?http://www.anglianhome.co.uk/recommend-a-friend.aspx